TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Will they have anything worth stealing. I like to take wee pads and pencils when I’m staying in a hotel room. Nothing valuable just wee mementos, soaps, shampoo, TV’s , shoehorn. 

I like to shite everywhere and pee in the kettle.  If it's a really posh hotel I go out and get some local dug shite and stick it in the bath.  And depending on whether the location of the hotel makes it easy to source, I may leave horse dung in the minibar.

It's amazing to think where we are as a club nowadays compared to the past.  All my life we were called "cash strapped Hearts" but thanks to the wonderful FOH and other benefactors we are in a good place financially.  Adding a hotel to our portfolio will hopefully help us remain that way.  If you don't have the foundations then the house will crumble.  Don't think it's appreciated how important that is.  

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Let’s get Ken Bates to operate it. Budge is the Bates of Scottish football after all 

How about this Bates ? He ran a motel ? 

IMG_5453.webp

JudyJudyJudy

I assume it will be a botiqe hotel ? Can’t spell that word but I image it’ll be quite stylish and “ bespoke “ ( fevkin hate that word ) 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

In all honesty I think maybe Kickback should have a sub forum where only FOH contributors or season ticket holders can join and that way you can easily distinguish between the arseholes and the Hibs arseholes 

good thinking mate plus it would keep out the standard riff-raff

the pensioners who have saved the club multiple times over who can no longer afford to heat their house far less buy a season ticket will still be able to contribute to the peasant forum along with the hibs fans so all fine there too

😃👍👍

12 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I like to shite everywhere and pee in the kettle.  If it's a really posh hotel I go out and get some local dug shite and stick it in the bath.  And depending on whether the location of the hotel makes it easy to source, I may leave horse dung in the minibar.

😂

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I assume it will be a botiqe hotel ? Can’t spell that word but I image it’ll be quite stylish and “ bespoke “ ( fevkin hate that word ) 

You’re allowed to use other words you like better. 

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

good thinking mate plus it would keep out the standard riff-raff

the pensioners who have saved the club multiple times over who can no longer afford to heat their house far less buy a season ticket will still be able to contribute to the peasant forum along with the hibs fans so all fine there too

😃👍👍

No idea how it would work but it would be refreshing to know you were speaking to Hearts supporters instead of getting thread banned by vermin 

Edited by Sooks

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re allowed to use other words you like better. 

Thanks 

29 minutes ago, stuckinsunderland said:

Apparently hibs have pre-booked room 101 for wee Lee

He'll be outside in the Wee Lee bin.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No idea how it would work but it would be refreshing to know you were speaking to Hearts supporters instead of getting thread banned by vermin 

yeah I know it’s not a bad idea in principal just a couple of teething challenges to overcome

do you not think there’s a tendency to overplay the hibs thing (not you specifically) ?

someone says 4 positive / neutral things then 1 criticism and the reaction is often just 😡 “you’re a hibs fan” vermin / hobo etc

hibs ***t 😡😡😡😡

Personally, I see a direct correlation in the downturn of form since the kebab pie was introduced. Was cup finals and 3rd place before that. Piez ooot. 

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

yeah I know it’s not a bad idea in principal just a couple of teething challenges to overcome

do you not think there’s a tendency to overplay the hibs thing (not you specifically) ?

someone says 4 positive / neutral things then 1 criticism and the reaction is often just 😡 “you’re a hibs fan” vermin / hobo etc

hibs ***t 😡😡😡😡

I dont think that is what happens no . I am not allowed to criticise the moderation though so I cant say what I think happens 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

correct - good news for you triple jay there will be a 🇬🇧 room - stylishly decorated with all things british and a wide variety of traditional music pre downloaded for your immediate enjoyment 

fair play to queen Ann (this time 😡)

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I dont think that is what happens no . I am not allowed to criticise the moderation though so I cant say what I think happens 

🤐👍

queensferryjambo
4 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Either way, they should call it The Halliday Inn. 👍

:fonzie:

Underrated post IMO

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Would the OP like as a response?

I don't know about anyone else but when I see these threads, started out of nothing, about the hotel or Mrs B the first two words that spring to mind are "jealous" and "Hibby".

Absolutely love the idea of being able to stay the night before a match at Tynecastle! Get a wee breakfast at the Skyline (I assume) then wander down to the 1874 bar to commence drinking. I daresay there'll be a Gorgie Suite hospitality package too. I think a lot of clubs across the UK, including some at EPL level, will be envious of us having this. Well done to AB/the board for approving this.

Edited by Jambos_1874

3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

How about this Bates ? He ran a motel ? 

IMG_5453.webp

Sorry that's a she under the new Scottish transgender law. :whistling:

3 hours ago, WageThief said:

Ahh! 

An aristocrat.

If we really do make one and a half million a year out of this hotel then it is half of the profit we turned from last season in the conference league …….. that is massive 

Just now, Sooks said:

If we really do make one and a half million a year out of this hotel then it is half of the profit we turned from last season in the conference league …….. that is massive 

Where was that figure quoted? Seems very high to me. 

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I dont think its an accurate profit figure,turnover maybe so take costs off. Also yet to hear that any profits come right to 1st team matters.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

I dont think its an accurate profit figure,turnover maybe so take costs off. Also yet to hear that any profits come right to 1st team matters.

No idea mate . If it was say a million per annum though then it would all go to the turn over figure that we use to take a percentage off for transfers and that would still improve our position 

How much did Killie earn from their hotel? - as I understand it their hotel is/was bigger, but obviously with the festival and virtue of being the capital/tourist hub, we’ll probably be able to charge a premium for the rooms, right? - beyond that, the novelty factor for fans and convenience for out of town/international fans will also help.

Hopefully it becomes a money spinner for the club. Branching into hospitality makes sense to turn the stadium into a 24/7 site. 

kingantti1874

only hearts fans could suggest that generating additional income year on year would be negative. The reality is.  The hotel will allow the club to spend more than we would have if we hadn’t invested in it.

Some of our fans are absolute numbskulls 

Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

😂

Stampy, Stampy.....Stampy, Stampy.

Room service just fling the food at the ceiling and let it fall where it may . They hand you a plate and you take your chances 

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

only hearts fans could suggest that generating additional income year on year would be negative. The reality is.  The hotel will allow the club to spend more than we would have if we hadn’t invested in it.

How long before we started seeing an actual profit from it? How much is it costing to begin with? Not negatives just questions.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

No idea mate . If it was say a million per annum though then it would all go to the turn over figure that we use to take a percentage off for transfers and that would still improve our position 

My guess is because of the unique situation with the facilities, the on paper profit will be fairly high because the building cost will be all written down in sunk costs from the outset. Most hotels operators will either be paying rent or will have a building loan they are covering. If we've fit out the hotel entirely with FoH, benefactor, and spare club change, then the high profit is basically the return on that investment.

To look at it a little differently, if we fitted out the space and then let out the operations to another firm to operate the hotel, we would see a rent come back to us. Instead that will be wrapped into the hotel profits.

Jambo in Bathgate
44 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This place is full of Hibs..te. They’d rather we spent money we don’t have and go back to the time before Administration. 

Jambo in Bathgate
42 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

My guess is because of the unique situation with the facilities, the on paper profit will be fairly high because the building cost will be all written down in sunk costs from the outset. Most hotels operators will either be paying rent or will have a building loan they are covering. If we've fit out the hotel entirely with FoH, benefactor, and spare club change, then the high profit is basically the return on that investment.

To look at it a little differently, if we fitted out the space and then let out the operations to another firm to operate the hotel, we would see a rent come back to us. Instead that will be wrapped into the hotel profits.

The catering side is doing outside work too. Taking it back in house has resulted in another income stream. 

2020 published figures for hotel industry in Edinburgh were quoted as having an Average Daily Room rate of £100 with 81% occupancy.

Not sure what star rating we’ll be aiming for but price wise id imagine we’ll be looking at £100 or above per room, apart from the Stampy one.

heartsfc_fan
6 minutes ago, sac said:

2020 published figures for hotel industry in Edinburgh were quoted as having an Average Daily Room rate of £100 with 81% occupancy.

Not sure what star rating we’ll be aiming for but price wise id imagine we’ll be looking at £100 or above per room, apart from the Stampy one.

If we offer a decent made to serve cooked breakfast in the Skyline then I'd imagine it'll be a 3 star at least.

kingantti1874
58 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

How long before we started seeing an actual profit from it? How much is it costing to begin with? Not negatives just questions.

ROI is usually 4/5 years .  But it’s absolutely right that we invest in schemes which will generate a long term sustainable return.  That’s how we grow the club beyond the current limitations of Scottish football

12 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

If we offer a decent made to serve cooked breakfast in the Skyline then I'd imagine it'll be a 3 star at least.

3 Stars average is currently £174 in Edinburgh

Hungry hippo
38 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

ROI is usually 4/5 years .  But it’s absolutely right that we invest in schemes which will generate a long term sustainable return.  That’s how we grow the club beyond the current limitations of Scottish football

The difference from other companies is that our benefactors are effectively paying for the initial outlay so we actually get the benefits of any profits as soon as they are generated.

I say 'effectively' because they contribute to the overall pot rather than specific projects but that is the type of infrastructure that James Anderson has said he wants to invest in.

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, sac said:

FYI below…..it’s extremely likely that lots of b & b/guest houses will be *closing at the end of September, this will likely have a knock on effect for accommodation (supply/demand) and hotels may take the opportunity to increase their prices.

If you run a b & b and you don’t have any of the below requirements, it’s estimate fit out to cost you about £5-8k  or closer to 10k if you need a new boiler installed.

*This was on the news the other day, they recon about 2/3 will shut down.  Mostly the ones being run by elderly people looking for a wee bit dosh as a sideline…………….I’m sorted though 👍….. licence cost £390…..robbing bar stewards 🤬

p.s. this requirement was supposed to come into effect 2022 but was deferred for a year to give owners a chance to get up to speed.

FYI, as of October 1st this year, all b & b/guesthouses in Scotland have to have a licence to operate provided by the council.  The license requirements request the following procedures are in place and, it’s not some of the items listed below, it’s ALL of them:

1 “Gas safe” boiler/heater installed and, annually serviced
2 Emergency lighting installed (regularly tested & recorded)
3 Linked smoke & heat detectors (regular tested & recorded)
4 Appropriate fire extinguishers
5 Legionella free inspection report 
6 Electrical safety inspection (every 5 years)
7 Site/floor plan
8 Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) annually on all electrical equipment

Edited by highlandjambo3