TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

17 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I disagree, Geoff, although improvement will be accelerated with European money, there's plenty scope for improvement with our resources at the level they are; we've been paying back Ann Budge recently too, that'll soon be complete

Forgot to mention Hotel revenue too

-

Probably worth also recognising that the c£2m+ that could be added through expansion would eventually allow for a much improved wage budget. Scottish football isn't the EPL, an extra £2m or so on wages would go very, very far.

How annoying is it when we're pipped on wages by an English diddy? If we could pay more, we'd at least stand a chance or be making them bloody well work for it. Instead the default position is can't compete on wages period. Of course it will still happen, but if we're able to spread that £2m odd across the squad then we should be able to afford better talent. Look at Elijah Adabayo, we were on the cusp of signing him for it to go all pearshaped because we fell short on our offer. Had we had a bit more cash to play with, we'd have got that deal done and probably made a killing selling the player back down south again. 

The post your quoting is questioning growth, well we'd be adding over 10% onto our turnover. It might "only" be £2m or so, but it would have a huge impact domestically in our quest for 3rd on a constant basis and perhaps give us more of a chance against the OF. Its not going to suddenly alter the balance of things domestically, but it will give us more money to play with in the transfer market which can only ever be a good thing.  

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, Padrone della casa said:

At the danger of pissing people off, our European involvement depends as much on the success of the other Scottish clubs in Europe, particularly the ugly sisters. If they do earn coefficient points then we will slip down the country coefficient table and the extra games by finishing third we got last season will be no more.

Nope; the 3 tournaments have been expanded, starting next season and there's more places; only turkey I would see as a threat to our current position, but I don't think there will be an issue with a GS spot now

If there wasn't an expansion, that would have been a lot riskier; I would blame the green glasgow people

pettigrewsstylist

What an absolute pain those floodlight pylons are.

Still struggle to believe wholly, that in 2023 thats not solvable, except by cantilever.

Always hoped we could get rid of lights, to stand fascias, and leave a couple of pillars, ala restricted view style. 

Ricardo Quaresma
14 minutes ago, OTT said:

Probably worth also recognising that the c£2m+ that could be added through expansion would eventually allow for a much improved wage budget. Scottish football isn't the EPL, an extra £2m or so on wages would go very, very far.

How annoying is it when we're pipped on wages by an English diddy? If we could pay more, we'd at least stand a chance or be making them bloody well work for it. Instead the default position is can't compete on wages period. Of course it will still happen, but if we're able to spread that £2m odd across the squad then we should be able to afford better talent. Look at Elijah Adabayo, we were on the cusp of signing him for it to go all pearshaped because we fell short on our offer. Had we had a bit more cash to play with, we'd have got that deal done and probably made a killing selling the player back down south again. 

The post your quoting is questioning growth, well we'd be adding over 10% onto our turnover. It might "only" be £2m or so, but it would have a huge impact domestically in our quest for 3rd on a constant basis and perhaps give us more of a chance against the OF. Its not going to suddenly alter the balance of things domestically, but it will give us more money to play with in the transfer market which can only ever be a good thing.  

Yes, well, in the short term, paying Ann and getting the Hotel contributing will be nice and free up plenty, relatively speaking

Making money on sales would be great, because we've sucked at that as of late

We should be targetting lower to middle championship english clubs in terms of wages offered, but also wary that some of their highly paid players take the money because they know they're not going to play, so, attitude analysis there

Expanding the stadium is a no-brainer, the complexity and cost are the issue, it being a given that Wheatfield expansion could well be the last one, for all we know; something extra required for anything else besides that, because surely land to the North is the problem there

You don't half put some effort in on here, mate 😄👍

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

13 minutes ago, OTT said:

This is where I am at too , our league below the old firm level is massively reliant on ticket sales for playing budget . Any expansion that allowed us to instantly take in another two million ( if that is the correct figure ) would be massive for us 

As far as I can see any expansion would be massively dependent on benefactors covering the costs though

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The stadium expansion will go ahead, it really will ……

I've said the same about my Lotto numbers coming in as well.

10 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Still struggle to believe wholly, that in 2023 thats not solvable, except by cantilever.

Always hoped we could get rid of lights, to stand fascias, and leave a couple of pillars, ala restricted view style. 

They are not floodlight pylons. They are the columns that support the roof truss and structure with floodlights installed on them.

One solution avoiding cantilever has been mentioned earlier in this thread (yesterday) it would involve moving the support columns to the outside of the stand structures. 

Padrone della casa
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Nope; the 3 tournaments have been expanded, starting next season and there's more places; only turkey I would see as a threat to our current position, but I don't think there will be an issue with a GS spot now

If there wasn't an expansion, that would have been a lot riskier; I would blame the green glasgow people

Thanks for that information. Does anyone know the details of the expansion? 

I looked at the coefficient table and saw we only picked up 3,500 points unlike our rivals with 9,750 dropping out in a couple of seasons time. Another couple of 3,500s and we would be well out of the top ten. That was my logic when I wrote the origin post, rightly or wrongly.

29 minutes ago, Padrone della casa said:

I looked at the coefficient table and saw we only picked up 3,500 points unlike our rivals with 9,750 dropping out in a couple of seasons time. Another couple of 3,500s and we would be well out of the top ten. That was my logic when I wrote the origin post, rightly or wrongly.

Last season was poor re coefficient Luckly though it just replaced another relatively poor one. As you say though we have a few big seasons due to drop off soon. Aberdeen winning a few group games and us qualifying for the groups and then progressing from it would help massively. Hibs are a lost cause... in more ways than one.

As for the stadium, it would be crazy and even negligent not to be exploring ways to expand. It might just be impossible but it being "hard" or " expensive" is not a good enough reason to stand still on this.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Let's say they all do so. We just replaced a stand on our own land for around £20m. To upgrade, we need to lose income in rebuild, buy land, buy materials (including getting seats shipped on time, natch). And that's to add 7,000 seats minimum. We are talking about a payback of a generation.

If we are going to have a bigger stadium, we would need to go greenfield and build a new stadium. No thanks.

It would take about 10 years to pay off if financed correctly and we saved up a bit first. 

Not going bigger to me says we’re giving up on competing with the OF at all. (No, I don’t expect us to catch up to them, but the only way we’ll reliably narrow the revenue gap is by adding capacity,). Even worse, we’re damning a generation to becoming likely Hibs fans as they have to go to ER to be able to attend a football match in person.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Padrone della casa said:

4 more teams in GS of CL, EL and ECL

We definitely need to do better; one of the glasgow teams doesn't care as long as they get CL football and if they had to qualify, they would probably get eliminated; better EL for both of them though, more points, a lot more

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Scott Monument

Expansion in the future is a must otherwise newcomers to Edinburgh who have no allegiance to any team who want to watch football live will go elsewhere and we all know where has plenty empty seats ,so my message to hearts is think big and hope they are looking into this now

5 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

It would take about 10 years to pay off if financed correctly and we saved up a bit first. 

Not going bigger to me says we’re giving up on competing with the OF at all. (No, I don’t expect us to catch up to them, but the only way we’ll reliably narrow the revenue gap is by adding capacity,). Even worse, we’re damning a generation to becoming likely Hibs fans as they have to go to ER to be able to attend a football match in person.

That is happening already.  We recruited a new colleague at work, from London. He's talking about buying a season ticket for H1b5, as he can't get one for us.  We're mostly Hearts in my office and he'd have jumped at a Hearts ticket.

I've suggested FC Edinburgh or Spartans, but he wants to see Premier League games.  At least he'll see the big team twice a year.

Watt-Zeefuik
31 minutes ago, Yoda said:

That is happening already.  We recruited a new colleague at work, from London. He's talking about buying a season ticket for H1b5, as he can't get one for us.  We're mostly Hearts in my office and he'd have jumped at a Hearts ticket.

I've suggested FC Edinburgh or Spartans, but he wants to see Premier League games.  At least he'll see the big team twice a year.

Nightmare fuel

A_A wehatethehibs
9 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Giant ones situated behind the stand like Boltons stadium are the solution which would allow filled corners. L

The issue isn’t if the problem can be solved. Of course it’s solvable engineering wise. It’s cost that’s the issue. Massive cost.

Chuck Berry

Well at least the pallets on the two Roseburn pylons have been covered.

I see we're still stuck with the big white tarps covering seats in the Roseburn though. If we're going to persist with this nonsense, it it too much to ask to get maroon tarps?

11 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is £50m not significantly more money?we have 22,000 fans who are either season ticket holders or on the waiting list. We only have 8,000 FOH subs. This is an area we can look at increasing massively to part fund the new stand. We also appear to have a few wealthy individuals who don't mind chucking money at the club for infrastructure projects. Unless the academy or player trading improves massively, stadium expansion is the only avenue for true growth.

With 16,000 season ticket holders to have 8,000 FoH pledgers is incredible.  Not sure how you could expect that to grow by much. 

Big thinking is required.

It's only a matter of time until there are international leagues. Edinburgh needs to be involved and it wont be them.

We need to be prepared.

Mr Elwood P
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

With 16,000 season ticket holders to have 8,000 FoH pledgers is incredible.  Not sure how you could expect that to grow by much. 

Rangers have 53,000 subscribers for MyGers. They've increased subscribers year on year. They've incentivised their fan scheme to attract more subscribers. Has there been any active push to attract Hearts supporters to the FOH? With 16,000 season ticket holders and 7,000 on the waiting list it feels like FOH has a lot of potential for growth.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I'd seen it mentioned/advertised by the club before - but on the digital advertising boards last night, I'm pretty sure at one point an advert appeared that said 'Tynecastle Park Hotel - opening soon' or something similar.

Perhaps the hotel name had been released previously and I missed it. No presence online as yet that I can see though.

manaliveits105
On 03/08/2023 at 18:35, MattyK82 said:

Gorgie end when the GU get the whole stand? 👀 😳

Aye but they canny beat the atmosphere at Parkhead or Ibrox on big European nights or old firm games surely :rofl:

13 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I don't think I'd seen it mentioned/advertised by the club before - but on the digital advertising boards last night, I'm pretty sure at one point an advert appeared that said 'Tynecastle Park Hotel - opening soon' or something similar.

Perhaps the hotel name had been released previously and I missed it. No presence online as yet that I can see though.

https://tynecastleparkhotel.com/

18 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I think a few folk posted the name more as a placeholder for whatever the name may have been!

Its a good name though :) 

When Ann finally retires she'll have delivered a stand, restaurant and hotel. Tremendous legacy.

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What an original and creative name . Looking forward to a night in the Beige Suite . FFS does nobody have any imagination these days ? :lol: 

Not a fan then? 😄

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Excellent - I’ve just registered!

Me too. Wife will be chuffed that for the first time in 25 years I'm planning an anniversary suprise 😊

Just now, Gorgierools said:

Me too. Wife will be chuffed that for the first time in 25 years I'm planning an anniversary suprise 😊

🤣

4 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

🤣👍👍

48 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not a fan then? 😄

Just expect some thing a bit more imaginative . Will they sell wine with just “ wine “ written on the label too :lol: 

3 hours ago, ericb said:

Excellent, thank you.

Registered, the other half will love me when I book (I hope)!

just out of curiosity I wonder how many will book pure to say the have ‘done the business’ at Tynie? 

I’m certainly one! Lol

Edited by Oda be a JT

Tynecastle Park Hotel sounds quite grand to me. Good name and logo. 

What I am disappointed in is that we've not seen a single picture of the internal fit out yet!

Surely at least one of the workies on site is a Hearts fan and can provide some inside pics as the fit-out progresses?

Registered this pm. Hope its like The Continental from John Wick movies  - All cool, chilled and no violence against guests with quality spirits and nice ambience...Need to look out my Gold coins....

Logo and name looks Grand to me.