TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

2 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

I know that, but we had an opportunity to correct that.  

But we decided not to as a nod to the past. No-one complained at the time as I recall. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

It is a bit weird that our dugout is at the away end side so wouldn't be surprised if we're made to swap back.

Who would make us?

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

But we decided not to as a nod to the past. No-one complained at the time as I recall. 

A nod to the past, Christ. We should have gone the full hog and had wooden benches. Keep the dinosaurs happy in our support. 

14 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

A nod to the past, Christ. We should have gone the full hog and had wooden benches. Keep the dinosaurs happy in our support. 

A bit like re-using the bricks from the old stand in the new build and sticking the plaques from the old stand on the wall. 

I don't really get the angst over the position of the tunnel. 😄

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A bit like re-using the bricks from the old stand in the new build and sticking the plaques from the old stand on the wall. 

I don't really get the angst over the position of the tunnel. 😄

No angst from me over it. Not sure how you could even come to that conclusion. 

Merely a comment it would have been better to be in the middle. 

Just now, Bungalow Bill said:

No angst from me over it. Not sure how you could even come to that conclusion. 

Merely a comment it would have been better to be in the middle. 

Must have misinterpreted your post then😄 What advantages does having it central bring?

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Must have misinterpreted your post then😄 What advantages does having it central bring?

Both dugouts being equal distance from the half way line. Fairer if holding a neutral game. Pretty much exactly what I said in one of my earlier posts. 

23 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Both dugouts being equal distance from the half way line. Fairer if holding a neutral game. Pretty much exactly what I said in one of my earlier posts. 

You don't have to have a central tunnel to achieve that, to be fair. It would be interesting to get the views of coaches to confirm if they see that as an issue.  

August Landmesser
28 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Tynie probably hosts one neutral game a year on average, and you want to do away with a quirky, unique feature referencing Hearts' past for the sake of an occasional Scotland u21s game?

29 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Tynie probably hosts one neutral game a year on average, and you want to do away with a quirky, unique feature referencing Hearts' past for the sake of an occasional Scotland u21s game?

Yeah. 

16 hours ago, kila said:

Was it not Levein who influenced having the new stand designed with them off centre so the home dugout had a slightly better view? That’s worked out well :laugh:

That monster ****ed with the symmetry of the stand??!!

18 minutes ago, OTT said:

That monster ****ed with the symmetry of the stand??!!

I’m sure it was mentioned during a Q&A, can’t find a note of it but shareholders meeting maybe.

I thought the tunnel stayed where it was because we decided to retain the original concrete structure at the base or something like that.

I might have made that up but it rings a bell.

4 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Are you called Bungalow Bill, because you don't have anything upstairs?

August Landmesser
4 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Yeah. 

John Findlay beat me to the bungalow gag

Edited by August Landmesser
Plagiarism

20 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

It’s pretty cringeworthy. Ruins Tynecastle if being used for a neutral fixture. 

Tynecastle is Hearts home and there’s no need for our home to be neutral. Are Hearts going to get an International, No, are Hearts going to get a semi-final, No and that’s because Hampden has it all sewed up. 

Dougie Masterton
5 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

I thought the tunnel stayed where it was because we decided to retain the original concrete structure at the base or something like that.

I might have made that up but it rings a bell.

Was it not something to due with the original mosaic badge? We couldn’t reposition it due to the location of the badge and to save it further damage? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, R9. said:

The mosaic isn’t anywhere near the existing tunnel moving the tunnel 3 yards or even less to be in line with the half way line wouldn’t be the problem. It’s the corner bit between main stand and roseburn access tunnel for tractors or those roll on lights for the pitch. If the tunnel was moved over the dug out would be moved over and the bottom section of the main ( N ) would be even smaller. Personally I wish it was all in line and seats right up against the floodlight. The could have made some sort of access on the wheat field side so it wasn’t on view when on tv. 

The second tunnel in the wheatfield is in line 😂

Could've been worse ! Aberdeen and Dundee and Dundee utd runners in corners

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Next pre season I believe boxes being installed at the back of the main stand

Interesting. Would require a lot of work to do that, but makes sense (especially if they can use it for non-match days as meeting rooms for business clients.

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Interesting. Would require a lot of work to do that, but makes sense (especially if they can use it for non-match days as meeting rooms for business clients.

Wouldn't really buddy, the metal at the back of the stand is only temporary apparently! Easily removed like they done with TV studio

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wouldn't really buddy, the metal at the back of the stand is only temporary apparently! Easily removed like they done with TV studio

I was more meaning building it up from the roof of exterior part of building (where hotel and hospitability is) but looking at it again, I think there is more room above the restaurant already than I had thought.

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I was more meaning building it up from the roof of exterior part of building (where hotel and hospitability is) but looking at it again, I think there is more room above the restaurant already than I had thought.

Behind the metal boards there's loads of space apparently and it's just going to be pretty much same as the TV studio at the back of the stand 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Behind the metal boards there's loads of space apparently and it's just going to be pretty much same as the TV studio at the back of the stand 

Thats good, glad the club are always looking at ways of maximising the use of the main stand.

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Where did you hear/read about this?

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats good, glad the club are always looking at ways of maximising the use of the main stand.

I'm pretty sure next year is Mr Andersons last of the 5 years he committed to investing into the clubs infrastructure so that might be his last investment into our long term strategy 

4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I was told this on an impromptu tour of the stadium, mentioned it on here and no one believed me lol.

I think when the tv studio was put in they had to remove a row of seats in front. 

presume they will have to do the same if boxes going in, so further reducing capacity? 

7 minutes ago, ejbh said:

I think when the tv studio was put in they had to remove a row of seats in front. 

presume they will have to do the same if boxes going in, so further reducing capacity? 

We did lose a row or two of seats otherwise those in the box can't see much. 

16 minutes ago, droid said:

I was told this on an impromptu tour of the stadium, mentioned it on here and no one believed me lol.

I'm still sceptical. 😎

Well if the box rumour is tru then it'll greatly depend on how much they charge per season.  We could lose 100 -120 seats so that 6 - 8  boxes have a decent view.  These are (mostly) platinum seats so you could be looking at £50,000 - £60,000 of seat sales needing replaced.

Simply maths says that those boxes would need to be marketed at about £10,000 to £15,000 per season to make them viable.

Selkirkhmfc1874
57 minutes ago, droid said:

Yeah guy definitely said it was happening next pre season 

All for the hospitality boxes but if we are set to lose another hundred seats , can we please beg the benefactors to put in the serious amount of money needed to make the Wheatfield bigger so we can get more ordinary fans in the door too

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

All for the hospitality boxes but if we are set to lose another hundred seats , can we please beg the benefactors to put in the serious amount of money needed to make the Wheatfield bigger so we can get more ordinary fans in the door too

Seats in front of the boxes will be for those inside the box, you can't watch a game from hospitality in this country 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Homme said:

Hopefully they do an autistic room / box if they are going down that direction. 

Good call , should definitely consider everybody 

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good call , should definitely consider everybody 

I think its a must. Lots of clubs have sensory rooms now. There must be loads of Jambos missing out on Tynecastle / match experiences because they would normally not be able to handle it. Not just children either.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Homme said:

I think its a must. Lots of clubs have sensory rooms now. There must be loads of Jambos missing out on Tynecastle / match experiences because they would normally not be able to handle it. Not just children either.

100% agree with you buddy 

15 minutes ago, ericb said:

Seats in front of the boxes will be for those inside the box, you can't watch a game from hospitality in this country 

This is the first time I've heard this. I assumed they cleared out Lounges, but didn't know it was required. So, let's say it's a rainy match, Hearts don't even have the option to turn on the match on a television in the Lounges should paying hospitality ticket holders want to watch portions inside?

Beyond that, if Tynecastle had private lounge boxes, could people move in and out throughout the match, should they choose?

Can't say I've never paid attention to hospitality, but this caught my notice.

42 minutes ago, Homme said:

Fantastic idea

1 hour ago, ericb said:

I didn’t know that - must be because of the presence of alcohol - no alcohol no problem …

1 hour ago, Homme said:

That would be a really good idea actually. Key part of the community club pitch is being able to cater to all aspects of the community. 

Would back this 100% - if its not already being considered hopefully is something that gets filtered back to the club. 

20 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Assuming you mean corporate/private boxes, we don't have room for that.

Would mean moving existing season ticket holders and further reducing capacity to accommodate the big spenders.

Not a good look with thousands of fans on a waiting list.