TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

The hotel could only have been an after thought to use up unused space.

If it had been in the original plans then I assume the rooms would have been planned around having windows and natural light and ventilation.

Unless someone forgot to order the windows....!!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Homme said:

I think its a must. Lots of clubs have sensory rooms now. There must be loads of Jambos missing out on Tynecastle / match experiences because they would normally not be able to handle it. Not just children either.

Maybe the mods could create a pantwetters KB box room, for those that can’t handle some of our match day performances.

5 hours ago, Section Q said:

The hotel could only have been an after thought to use up unused space.

If it had been in the original plans then I assume the rooms would have been planned around having windows and natural light and ventilation.

Unless someone forgot to order the windows....!!

I mentioned before that the hotel floor was meant to be the club offices, however they subsequently felt that the 'temporary' offices built under the Wheatfield were perfectly adequate. 

5 hours ago, Section Q said:

Assuming you mean corporate/private boxes, we don't have room for that.

Would mean moving existing season ticket holders and further reducing capacity to accommodate the big spenders.

Not a good look with thousands of fans on a waiting list.

Unless they are waiting for private boxes. 

15 hours ago, ericb said:

Seats in front of the boxes will be for those inside the box, you can't watch a game from hospitality in this country 

I've watched games (involving Hearts !!) from boxes in the govan stand at ibrox albeit not for a few years now. I remember the rule at the time being that you couldn't be in sight of the pitch with alcohol within two hours of kick off so you had pre- match drinks in the box, went into the lounge behind for the meal and back to the box for the game, after match drinks were in the lounge as well.

May be the rules have changed since then of course.

I'm sure anything we do that reduces capacity will be budgeted to bring in more revenue than the lost seats. At least I'd very much hope so, anything else would be mad 

17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm sure anything we do that reduces capacity will be budgeted to bring in more revenue than the lost seats. At least I'd very much hope so, anything else would be mad 

Of course and I believe this to be the case also . However I would like to see us turn our attention to increasing capacity for ordinary fans after this 

30 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Quite.  

Good idea regarding boxes. Were they in the initial plans? 

A sensory room would also be a great idea.

Simon Murray at Ross County has been involved in their process as I believe his son is autistic. 

46 minutes ago, Taffin said:

But why would you reduce capacity when the waiting list for STs is huge.

Time to put fans first.

9 minutes ago, Section Q said:

But why would you reduce capacity when the waiting list for STs is huge.

Time to put fans first.

Because we're a business I guess, like it or not.

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Of course and I believe this to be the case also . However I would like to see us turn our attention to increasing capacity for ordinary fans after this 

Agreed.

14 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Good idea regarding boxes. Were they in the initial plans? 

A sensory room would also be a great idea.

Simon Murray at Ross County has been involved in their process as I believe his son is autistic. 

No, not pitch side. 

There was talk of smaller lounges/boxes but facing onto the plaza area, rather than the larger suites we have.

I think there may be some smaller rooms for hospitality/meetings/events etc on the second floor as part of the hotel. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

If we are to lose a few seats for boxes I urge the club to get a permanent dividing barrier in the Roseburn so any seats lost are replaced.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If we are to lose a few seats for boxes I urge the club to get a permanent dividing barrier in the Roseburn so any seats lost are replaced.

That needs done because it's ridiculous the amount of empty seats we have for segregation 

5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

A perspex one similar to the one when we played Feyenoord would be ideal.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

That needs done because it's ridiculous the amount of empty seats we have for segregation 

1 minute ago, droid said:

A perspex one similar to the one when we played Feyenoord would be ideal.

It has to be done because it's a farcical amount of usable seats being wasted.

20 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Oh dear....... Fans come second again.....!

Depends if the fans want more money in the club for (I appreciate it's not generally happened) a better team on the park or whether to cater to the johnny come latelies.

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Depends if the fans want more money in the club for (I appreciate it's not generally happened) a better team on the park or whether to cater to the johnny come latelies.

Sad that you think the only names on the waiting list for STs are Johnny come latelies. We all have different circumstances. And if you think we'll get a better team on the park because of private boxes you've not been paying attention to how our current revenue is being spent.

54 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

No, not pitch side. 

There was talk of smaller lounges/boxes but facing onto the plaza area, rather than the larger suites we have.

I think there may be some smaller rooms for hospitality/meetings/events etc on the second floor as part of the hotel. 

Cheers mate. Defo the correct call with having them pitch side imo.  

1874 bar, skyline lounge, hotel and space for events such as weddings and conferencing is fantastic for the club. 

Expect these boxes won’t come cheap either. 

Just need to get it right on the park! 

18 hours ago, ericb said:

Seats in front of the boxes will be for those inside the box, you can't watch a game from hospitality in this country 

Not disagreeing with you but is it only Scotland ? Did Wolves tour and they had the option of sitting inside or out depending on weather. No alcohol served during play though.

i remember going to a few Gala Fairydean games if Hearts had no match and you could drink in the clubroom during the game but they had to close the curtains occasionally a bit of peeping lol.

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

i remember going to a few Gala Fairydean games if Hearts had no match and you could drink in the clubroom during the game but they had to close the curtains occasionally a bit of peeping lol.

Went to watch our B Team play at gala few weeks ago and folk were drinking during the game 

On 11/09/2023 at 07:16, Chaps said:

Wish they would get rid of the 2nd tunnel in the wheatfield looks naff af.

Are the wheatfield changing rooms (used while new stand was being built) still there, maybe still being used as changing rooms for the community pitch? I'd always assumed that we'd keep the two tunnels so that we could do 4 team 'Tynie Cup' competitions during pre-season and part of the deal selling to the opposition clubs would have been their own dressing room for the weekend. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Are the wheatfield changing rooms (used while new stand was being built) still there, maybe still being used as changing rooms for the community pitch? I'd always assumed that we'd keep the two tunnels so that we could do 4 team 'Tynie Cup' competitions during pre-season and part of the deal selling to the opposition clubs would have been their own dressing room for the weekend. 

Yeah used for community pitches

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

The changing rooms are still there. 

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

Sad that you think the only names on the waiting list for STs are Johnny come latelies. We all have different circumstances. And if you think we'll get a better team on the park because of private boxes you've not been paying attention to how our current revenue is being spent.

It's almost as if I didn't reference that on my post.

I also agreed with Sooks that getting more ordinary fans in would be great. To do so, we need lots of money though, so in the interim anything that maximises our finances on matchday is generally all good with me personally.

As for Jonny come latelies, it was meant tongue in cheek but equally the clubs has to come first versus people individual differing circumstances.

Edited by Taffin

4 hours ago, Section Q said:

Good points. 

03-PROPOSED_SHORT_SECTION_AA_AND_LONG_SECTION_BB-5577959.pdf

If you look at the cross section view of the new stand there appears to be about 2 metres height available to fit boxes under the roof. Not really enough unless you are going to remove existing rows of seats where the boxes would be. 

The hotel on the second floor has around 7 flexible sized hospitality rooms in the interior of the building i.e. clearly not overlooking the pitch. The plans showed these areas being able to hold around 30 people in each unit so that would be 210 being wined and dined in accordance with licensing laws. But of course a hospitality package would require a seat to view the match. If these are going to be sold as 'top of the range packages (my speculation here) a new separate weatherproof seating area would need to be created at the rear of the stand. So we would only require 7 glass fronted boxes to be fitted in behind the existing rows. 

As I said above it looks difficult because of the height of the stand. It certainly to me looks impossible to create boxes big enough in that area to allow for dining and viewing in the one place. 

If any plans are afoot I'm sure they will need to end up on the council Planning Application website pretty soon.

I wonder how much revenue the advertising on the segregation barrier generates. 

There has to be some good reason for it being so insanely wide. 

Would be interesting if it generates more revenue than selling the seats would. 

Edited by Hearts_fan

9 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I wonder how much revenue the advertising on the segregation barrier generates. 

There has to be some good reason for it being so insanely wide. 

Would be interesting if it generates more revenue than selling the seats would. 

It got widened in 2016 I think it was, after a Dundee United fan went across and tried to throw some punches. Seems crazy we've seemingly not done anything about it since.

4 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

I'm sure that the old Clydebank ground had a social club with windows facing the park. The curtains were always drawn shut so people couldn't have a beer and watch the game. Another example of pathetic Scottish puritanism.

34 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I'm sure that the old Clydebank ground had a social club with windows facing the park. The curtains were always drawn shut so people couldn't have a beer and watch the game. Another example of pathetic Scottish puritanism.

And we all know who we have to thank for the licensing laws around football stadia in Scotland. 

The Arse Cheeks as usual. 

Spartans have a bar overlooking the pitch, not sure if they have curtains to shut so you can have a beer when a match is on.

I've only been in it after playing.

Edited by SUTOL
spelling mistook

August Landmesser
8 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm sure it's to do with the number of people able to access stairways and exits - the stairs are designed to handle half of each block either side of them, and there must be regs about maximum distances from seats to stairways as well. So half the seats have to be out of use to comply with the rules.

Not sure if I've phrased that well, hope it makes sense!

27 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I'm sure it's to do with the number of people able to access stairways and exits - the stairs are designed to handle half of each block either side of them, and there must be regs about maximum distances from seats to stairways as well. So half the seats have to be out of use to comply with the rules.

I think you're right there. I've definitely heard/read in the past that the sections of the Tynecastle stands are as wide as they can legally be in terms of number of seats,which is why the single seats at the ends of each row of the "end" stands are on their own rather than on the end of the sections inside of them. 

I think we could actually reduce the size of the segregation barrier a bit, but I think we'd have to do it on the away fans' side rather than the home fans' side.

A ludicrous situation.

(Having to sacrifice so many seats because of idiots.)

Edited by Hearts_fan

12 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

11 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think you're right there. I've definitely heard/read in the past that the sections of the Tynecastle stands are as wide as they can legally be in terms of number of seats,which is why the single seats at the ends of each row of the "end" stands are on their own rather than on the end of the sections inside of them. 

I think we could actually reduce the size of the segregation barrier a bit, but I think we'd have to do it on the away fans' side rather than the home fans' side.

I believe this to be correct.

Also I'd imagine the barrier on the concourse and the access that is required for visiting fans to kiosks and toilets etc, results in the stand side segregation being where it is, and the only (current) option of increased numbers would be for away fans, if the segregation covering was made smaller.

On 13/09/2023 at 10:12, SUTOL said:

I believe this to be correct.

Also I'd imagine the barrier on the concourse and the access that is required for visiting fans to kiosks and toilets etc, results in the stand side segregation being where it is, and the only (current) option of increased numbers would be for away fans, if the segregation covering was made smaller.

I don't think the concourse barrier matters much. We've had away fans only getting one section, we've had away fans getting two sections, the barrier seems to be fine with either. I do think it's just the case that we can't reduce the size of the segregation barrier from the home fans' side because it would mean breaching the regulations on proximity to a stairway, and we've simply decided not to reduce it from the away fans' side because we don't think the additional cash would be worth the risk of additional trouble from extra away fans. Tbh, I can see the club's point of view quite easily and don't have any argument with it!

4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I don't think the concourse barrier matters much. We've had away fans only getting one section, we've had away fans getting two sections, the barrier seems to be fine with either. I do think it's just the case that we can't reduce the size of the segregation barrier from the home fans' side because it would mean breaching the regulations on proximity to a stairway, and we've simply decided not to reduce it from the away fans' side because we don't think the additional cash would be worth the risk of additional trouble from extra away fans. Tbh, I can see the club's point of view quite easily and don't have any argument with it!

Was watching Arsenal v Man Utd two weeks ago segregation was about two rows stewards in between why can we not do that 

27 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Was watching Arsenal v Man Utd two weeks ago segregation was about two rows stewards in between why can we not do that 

Can't you read?

10 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I am sure the barrier takes up about 18 seats out of 28 in a row and I am  sure it would be equally effective if it was only 10 seats wide thus freeing up about 200 more seats for home fans . That equates to about 80k income over a season a figure not to be sneezed at.

• 1 month later...

With the accounts published it's clear to see that we have spent the extra income well...there has been lots of investment in infrastructure....but after the hotel is complete the stadium needs an increase in capacity or we are completely stuffed as far as growth goes....I know these things are expensive but I hope next year the club look at anyway possible for us to continue in this great journey and continue to grow the fan base. Having an increase in around 5k would bring in huge returns.  

5 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

With the accounts published it's clear to see that we have spent the extra income well...there has been lots of investment in infrastructure....but after the hotel is complete the stadium needs an increase in capacity or we are completely stuffed as far as growth goes....I know these things are expensive but I hope next year the club look at anyway possible for us to continue in this great journey and continue to grow the fan base. Having an increase in around 5k would bring in huge returns.  

I suspect the club have been looking at this for some time.

I would prepare yourself for disappointment.

7 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I suspect the club have been looking at this for some time.

I would prepare yourself for disappointment.

The costs to do anything are likely to be astronomical, but if we want to grow we need to figure it out. 

Smart people on the board for once, hopefully they can work out the best approach to delivering a massively expanded Wheatfield. 

23 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Nothing wrong with suggestion mate but the club are having difficulty getting the seats occupied currently and with reduced capacity for away fans we are probably fine as we are just now 

Big thinking is required. The current league set up has a limited shelf life in this country and abroad. European type leagues can't be too far away.

Edited by Black Swan