TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

What an original and creative name . Looking forward to a night in the Beige Suite . FFS does nobody have any imagination these days ? :lol: 

What's your suggestion? 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Love the logo ❤️

Yeh think the simplicity of the name and the logo are really classy. Like that a lot.

1 hour ago, Nobreath said:

What's your suggestion? 

The Heart of Mid-Lothian

The Toll Castle

Sir Walter Scotts 

The Heart

I dont know …….. something a bit more original or imaginative I suppose 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The Heart of Mid-Lothian

The Toll Castle

Sir Walter Scotts 

The Heart

Or the much mentioned Halliday Inn?

The Heart of Mid-Lothian

The Toll Castle

Sir Walter Scotts 

The Heart

IMG_0518.gif

1 minute ago, Paris 84 said:

IMG_0518.gif

Straight of the top of my head . All relevant with out just calling it the literal name of the building it is in and adding Hotel though ………… **** knows , just think its a bit meh

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The Heart of Mid-Lothian

The Toll Castle

Sir Walter Scotts 

The Heart

These suggestions are all shit. I do hope you appreciate the feedback :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Dunks said:

These suggestions are all shit. I do hope you appreciate the feedback :thumbsup:

:lol: 

Fair enough , enjoy your stay at the TP Hotel 

Tynecastle Park Hotel is perfect.

The logo is bang on classy.

I’ve no doubt this will be a, ‘ahem’ moneyspinner.

I love our club.

bobby bombscare

Been having a really good think on this and I really struggle to see how we upgrade our current stadium. Between the wee training pitch and wheatfeild is an old stone wall that is listed and can't be touched so no room to expand wheatfeild back the way, can't realistically expand the Georgie or roseburn stands so only leaves the main stand and I doubt they'll be doing much with that any time soon. The next optio. Is to fill in the corners but from the way the stand is built, the ends are structural, so there is no way we see that happening without major structural redesign and with that comes massive costs for the sake of maybe an extra 3-4k seats so would be mega expensive. So I just don't see a reasonable redesign to get us the extra capacity unfortunately...

What I was thinking though was that the stadium could be used for women's games, youth games and B team games or maybe sold to Edinburgh rugby team or something and we build a new stadium elsewhere? I REALLY want to see us sitting pretty with a 30/40k stadium filled with fans but just can't see it happening at the current location 😔

Bunch of bloody Roundheads . I bet you all listen to Travis 😞 

🤣

I see your Travis.

And I absolutely Malky it with this.

You're a great poster Sooks, keep up the good work lad 👍🏻32D700C2-7D4E-4AAD-B920-091F07CFEE9B.jpeg.c1806f4c1287346d486e3010d2e88e1f.jpeg

4 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

🤣

I see your Travis.

You're a great poster Sooks, keep up the good work lad 👍🏻32D700C2-7D4E-4AAD-B920-091F07CFEE9B.jpeg.c1806f4c1287346d486e3010d2e88e1f.jpeg

CUSM had rodent botherer Creepy Phils number , back in the day mate :lol: 

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Just expect some thing a bit more imaginative . Will they sell wine with just “ wine “ written on the label too :lol:

It has to be said, Sooks, that for some folks it would be more appropriate to label it 'Whine'. 🙃

Fxxx the SPFL

I wonder if there will be any signage added to the facade at second floor level. As part of the ‘Maroon Mile’ the Hotel may feature also

just noticed badge is bang in the middle of second floor bad planning Budge oot

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

It has to be said, Sooks, that for some folks it would be more appropriate to label it 'Whine'. 🙃

I am allowed a moan every now and again . I am usually told off for being too positive . It is no big thing just thought it lacked a bit of imagination on the name front . The idea itself is a great one 

6 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Been having a really good think on this and I really struggle to see how we upgrade our current stadium. Between the wee training pitch and wheatfeild is an old stone wall that is listed and can't be touched so no room to expand wheatfeild back the way, can't realistically expand the Georgie or roseburn stands so only leaves the main stand and I doubt they'll be doing much with that any time soon. The next optio. Is to fill in the corners but from the way the stand is built, the ends are structural, so there is no way we see that happening without major structural redesign and with that comes massive costs for the sake of maybe an extra 3-4k seats so would be mega expensive. So I just don't see a reasonable redesign to get us the extra capacity unfortunately...

What I was thinking though was that the stadium could be used for women's games, youth games and B team games or maybe sold to Edinburgh rugby team or something and we build a new stadium elsewhere? I REALLY want to see us sitting pretty with a 30/40k stadium filled with fans but just can't see it happening at the current location 😔

So you have came to the same conclusions as everyone else for thr last 25 years. Hope ypu never spent too long thinking on it.

Just RE the Wall you mentioned as being listed. The entire old Main Stand was a listed building. 

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

the only problem is money not an old stone wall which would be easily preserved. 

After The Watershed
7 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

🤣

I see your Travis.

👏👏

As for the hotel name, I like it as long as it doesn't turn out Cheep N Cheesy 😉

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the only problem is money not an old stone wall which would be easily preserved. 

The wailing wall, Jambo pilgrims from all over the world will come to put prayer notes into the ancient crevices, after staying a night at the hotel in the Halliday room with the ringlet wallpaper and hairy douvet covers, before taking their seat in the 15k Wheatfield stand, whilst given safe passage and protection from the Gorgie Ultras.

8 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Is the stone wall listed? It's a remnant of the old warehouse  that was demolished 20 odd years ago so that seems surprising to me.  

Gillsland jack

It's our Silver Wedding next year, we have discussed Paris, Berlin possibly Florence, she even hinted at Las Vegas the other night, as you all know in a relationship, timing is everything, I just need to find the correct moment to let her know we will be spending the weekend in McLeod Street.

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

It's our Silver Wedding next year, we have discussed Paris, Berlin possibly Florence, she even hinted at Las Vegas the other night, as you all know in a relationship, timing is everything, I just need to find the correct moment to let her know we will be spending the weekend in McLeod Street.

McLeod Street over Paris, Florence and Vegas for 25 year's married 

Naw , I wouldn't go there 

17 hours ago, Sooks said:

What an original and creative name . Looking forward to a night in the Beige Suite . FFS does nobody have any imagination these days ? :lol: 

You're bang on with originality, this is the only one in the world. Beige and just wine? The finished article will blow you away. The skyline restaurant is gonna get a facelift also...

Tynecastle Park Hotel is the perfect name for a hotel at Tynecastle Park. 

Understated, descriptive, classy. 100% approval from myself. The logo is excellent too. 

1 minute ago, OBE said:

You're bang on with originality, this is the only one in the world. Beige and just wine? The finished article will blow you away. The skyline restaurant is gonna get a facelift also...

Mate it is mainly tongue in cheek and I have not a doubt in my mind that it will be absolutely top notch , just like the Skyline . I just found the name a bit meh 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if we are goign to operate the hotel from within the club or are getting and experienced management company or a name (such as Holiday Inn etc) to run it for us ?

buzzbomb1958

We will go to the hotel university and put a first year student who doesn’t have their diploma to run it then we are going to put the boss of the Balmoral to whisper what needs done in their ear , it’s a new concept seemingly 😜

23 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

Does anyone know if we are goign to operate the hotel from within the club or are getting and experienced management company or a name (such as Holiday Inn etc) to run it for us ?

‘Holiday in Gorgie’ …….

29 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

Write to the club and ask them.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Surely one of Budges family members will be able to run it? 

Let’s get Ken Bates to operate it. Budge is the Bates of Scottish football after all 

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Jamborose said:

Either way, they should call it The Halliday Inn. 👍

scott herbertson
23 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Either way, they should call it The Halliday Inn. 👍

Has a ring to it

Scottish Premier Inn maybe

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Has a ring to it

Scottish Premier Inn maybe

Also long as we don't end up Scottish Premiership Out (again) ..

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Surely one of Budges family members will be able to run it? 

Apparently JB Contracts were involved again. 

Couldn’t tell if it was a bam up or not. Sincerely hope it is otherwise an investigation is needed. 

Believe the club recruited someone to run the hotel so it’s in-house.