TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Work has started on Hotel and expected to be finished by October at the latest.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phil D. Corners
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Work has started on Hotel and expected to be finished by October at the latest.

👍🏻

3 minutes ago, R9. said:

Hampden would give it a run for their money.

F99681D0-9FBF-499F-A689-717D45C1DD1F.jpeg

I had a look on Wikipedia and saw no architect had the balls to put their name to it :D 

What a ****ing minging design. Whoever came up with it should hang their heads in shame. 

On stadium design, I quite like Art Deco style -like Highbury for example, its a bit of a shame we couldn't have done something like that with the new stand. I'm not really a fan of more modern designs, quite those ones that can maintain their originality.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, R9. said:

Hampden would give it a run for their money.

F99681D0-9FBF-499F-A689-717D45C1DD1F.jpeg

Better than Pittodrie in its current state IMO.

Stateside I give you the Oakland Coliseum, the worst of the American stadiums that tried to be good for everything and ended up good for nothing.image.jpeg.26f12a9ab7da5186633d7b5a2b558571.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Led Tasso

A_A wehatethehibs
12 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I'm noticing that the roof cladding especially at the back of the Roseburn could do with a lick of paint or a wrap of advertising could do the trick it's getting that old weathered look 

Has ian black got any maroon paint left? 
994891AD-A0FB-4996-898E-2621A03B5EE4.jpeg.90087737588d1fbaa4a9d1810a7e59a7.jpeg

16 hours ago, Taffin said:

Have they remembered to order the beds?

🤣

12 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Better than Pittodrie in its current state IMO.

Stateside I give you the Oakland Coliseum, the worst of the American stadiums that tried to be good for everything and ended up good for nothing.image.jpeg.26f12a9ab7da5186633d7b5a2b558571.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:D Pittodrie is really something else. I really like the Dick Donald Stand, I like that kind of design and if we had the space and capacity demand, I'd love to replicate it behind our goals., but WTF happened to the rest of the stadium, absolutely no continuity between any of the stands. The main stand I can understand as we had a similar issue, but opposite (Merland?) right next to the sea and no side panels on it. Plus that random corner that isn't even covered. Almost looks like someone thought 'aye we can stick seats in there...' 

I know its football, not a design contest but **** me have some pride :D 

15 hours ago, OTT said:

I had a look on Wikipedia and saw no architect had the balls to put their name to it :D 

What a ****ing minging design. Whoever came up with it should hang their heads in shame. 

On stadium design, I quite like Art Deco style -like Highbury for example, its a bit of a shame we couldn't have done something like that with the new stand. I'm not really a fan of more modern designs, quite those ones that can maintain their originality.

On 13/04/2023 at 20:16, upgotheheads said:

I've not been following the safe standing issue but I noticed that there was an area at Kilmarnock quite high up in their west stand that was standing. It sounds logical to put standing areas at the back but it wouldn't work at Tynecastle, for me anyway. Although I am quite old I can make the hike to the top row once, maybe twice, but then to have to stand for 90 minutes wouldn't work.

I'm guessing that standing areas below the gangway wouldn't interfere with anyone view though. 

Trust me there are complaints if you stand in the lower areas from the 'disabled' areas!

3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

I assume JB Contracts are not going to be involved anywhere in the hotel project… 

You will probably have to leave your room to get to your bathroom if the loo arrangements in the main stand are anything to go by!

Famous 1874
28 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

You will probably have to leave your room to get to your bathroom if the loo arrangements in the main stand are anything to go by!

Reason I asked was that someone on twitter insinuated that they were going to be involved in the hotel. Sincerely hope that is false. 

An inquiry should still happen about how they were awarded the new main stand deal.

Unknown user
On 15/04/2023 at 12:20, Mikey1874 said:

I wrote a big long reply to the other guy who posted about this, then deleted it when I realised how dull it was.

You'll just have to deal with it this time 😆

There's an almost identical one, called the Odo or something in the same area. It's an autonomous region within South Africa that Israel were trying to gain influence in, and SA were happy enough to see them potentially independent. It was an Israeli architect (called Israel something!), and the stadiums were the result of Tel Aviv pumping tens of millions into the region at the time. Lukas Radebe's from the area and played in the short lived local league they started up.

They're kind of favourites of mine, I really love how different they are

• 1 month later...
Libertarian

Just short of 19,000 at Tynecastle yesterday. With a bigger capacity we could easily have had an attendance of between 25,000 to 30,000. Aberdeen could have brought 5,000 and there could easily have been another 5,000 Hearts supporters. This is all lost revenue for the club and Hearts have to begin seriously looking at how to expand the capacity. Any outlay would be an investment which would soon pay for itself.

You know that there were lots of empty seats in our end yesterday I take it? There's a thread devoted to it already, our ground was big enough for yesterday's game unless you wanted more sheep there.

Libertarian
Just now, graygo said:

You know that there were lots of empty seats in our end yesterday I take it? There's a thread devoted to it already, our ground was big enough for yesterday's game unless you wanted more sheep there.

I know of people who couldn't get it ticket for yesterday. It's the same for next week's game against Hibs. Personally it doesn't worry me if there is a greater number of away supporters, as long as every Hearts supporter can get a ticket. It's all extra revenue for the club.

We can’t magic another 5-10k seats. It would cost a fortune and there are restrictions given space / planning etc.

Spare seats is likely folk ill or other plans (work / other commitments). Happens all over the world 

Jambo in Bathgate
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Those empty seats were bought and paid for! The club put up the sold out sign. The problem will be what is the next step. Leave Tynecastle for new Stadium? Ground share with Rugby? Build over the Wheatfield Stand. Unfortunately these are hard choices with difficulties. 

Libertarian
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

We can’t magic another 5-10k seats. It would cost a fortune and there are restrictions given space / planning etc.

Spare seats is likely folk ill or other plans (work / other commitments). Happens all over the world 

With a bigger capacity the club could have generated another £250,000 from yesterday's game. It'll be the same next week against Hibs. Hearts are probably losing at least £2million per-season. Any outlay would be an investment which would soon pay for itself.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

We should fill in the corners. Nobody will have thought of that.

That’s a good idea should add 10-15000 on to the capacity and won’t cost much 

Nessjambo67

I’m sorry I can’t get my head round this oh there’s 2500 waiting to get a ST . There has not been a game this season when we have actually not seen hundreds of empty seats in the Hearts end ! Where are these people ? 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Nessjambo67 said:

I’m sorry I can’t get my head round this oh there’s 2500 waiting to get a ST . There has not been a game this season when we have actually not seen hundreds of empty seats in the Hearts end ! Where are these people ? 

Not at the stadium and not selling their seat on ticket exchange. 

I'm not sure even without the cost and space implications .

I read we double sold 500 seats and there were still some as surplus so anyone on the database who wants a ticket most likely can get one.

The exchange scheme will hopefully kick in to lessen unused seats.

4 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

With a bigger capacity the club could have generated another £250,000 from yesterday's game. It'll be the same next week against Hibs. Hearts are probably losing at least £2million per-season. Any outlay would be an investment which would soon pay for itself.

And that would take at least 15 years to break even.

At least.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

I mean it’s been explained at least a thousand times, and it’s not really rocket science but here goes 

not all season ticket holders can go every week.  Sometimes they don’t put tickets on the exchange. 

do you think we are all children with no work or family commitments.  ? 

jambo-in-furness

it’s back to the same old problem, we can’t expand (affordably) because of building regs.

It’s been said before and I repeat, do away with the cordoned off areas and fence in away supporters, fix the number of away tickets to that fenced off section no matter which club we are playing and fill the rest of the ground with our own support,  I was of the mind that when we improved our stadium it was for the benefit of Hearts fans end of. Away fans are our responsibility safety wise only, the fewer there are the safer they will be.

Sometimes i wonder why they didnt add a second tier to the new main stand? If we want to remain at tynecastle, Could we not potentially build a new stand for Wheatfield and add a second tier on ? Surely that would increase capacity by around 5k ish? Probably bringing it up to the 25k mark?

David McCaig
8 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

We more than sold out capacity with resales on ticket exchange.

A major flaw of the ticket exchange is that no concessions are available.

For a parent with 3 kids the cost of buying 4 adult tickets would be prohibitive.

Nessjambo67
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I mean it’s been explained at least a thousand times, and it’s not really rocket science but here goes 

not all season ticket holders can go every week.  Sometimes they don’t put tickets on the exchange. 

do you think we are all children with no work or family commitments.  ? 

Of course I know how it works!  I think we should fill our stadium first before talking about increasing capacity. I fully understand not everyone can make it at 3 pm or 1 pm but to me it’s  continuous the amount of empty seats especially yesterday with so much at stake !

Libertarian
4 minutes ago, Ked said:

I'm not sure even without the cost and space implications .

I read we double sold 500 seats and there were still some as surplus so anyone on the database who wants a ticket most likely can get one.

The exchange scheme will hopefully kick in to lessen unused seats.

And that would take at least 15 years to break even.

At least.

2,500 on the season ticket waiting list = £750,000 + £1,250,000 in lost visiting support and walk ups = £2,000,000 per-season in lost revenue. Very approximate figures but the club needs to seriously consider ways of increasing the capacity in order to keep growing.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not at the stadium and not selling their seat on ticket exchange. 

I’ve thought for a while the club should do some research as to why certain sections have almost 100% fill every week whilst other sections, particularly bottom of the Gorgie stand, can be very sparse.

Just pick a section one week, note the empty seat numbers and email them and ask them to complete a short survey. No pressure, no penalty for not going or anything daft like that but something might be learned that we could do something about. 

It’s all very strange and it’s the same areas every time

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

We should fill in the corners. Nobody will have thought of that.

So I presume we just remove the steel supports, floodlight pylons X4 , supporting beams X4  take aff the side cladding, put in new steel supports throughout put in new concrete terracing (standing section's) , should add around 4,499 seats for the 3 corners

new roofing ,new floodlights

Builders estimate £20 million

Job done, BOSCH

Or maybe take out the lower tiers seating in 3 stand's and increase capacity with standing section's, seating row 9 upwards seating costings £3 million, BOSCH 

Libertarian
6 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Only feasible option is to rejig Wheatfield which will come at a huge cost 

You may be correct but unless the club carries out a proper feasibility study we will never know 

Worthing Jambo
8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Cut all the seats in half. 40k stadium, job done.

So you’ll fit in half a seat, aye?🤭🤣🤣🤣

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

You may be correct but unless the club carries out a proper feasibility study we will never know 

I think the club will have a pretty good idea of the limited options and their rough cost. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ve thought for a while the club should do some research as to why certain sections have almost 100% fill every week whilst other sections, particularly bottom of the Gorgie stand, can be very sparse.

Just pick a section one week, note the empty seat numbers and email them and ask them to complete a short survey. No pressure, no penalty for not going or anything daft like that but something might be learned that we could do something about. 

It’s all very strange and it’s the same areas every time

A survey would be a good idea.  

3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I'm sure there are better qualified than me.

Your not getting much change from 40 million.

We got lucky we did the main stand when we did.

10 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

So I presume we just remove the steel supports, floodlight pylons X4 , supporting beams X4  take aff the side cladding, put in new steel supports throughout put in new concrete terracing (standing section's) , should add around 4,499 seats for the 3 corners

new roofing ,new floodlights

Builders estimate £20 million

Job done, BOSCH

Or maybe take out the lower tiers seating in 3 stand's and increase capacity with standing section's, seating row 9 upwards seating costings £3 million, BOSCH 

Standing sections don't actually increase capacity anymore than seating as the area given over to each person standing needs to be 1:1 to a seat. They're also, I believe, useless for European games.

Edited by Jamboross

1 minute ago, Jamboross said:

Edited by Jamboross
Double post.

If this is about increasing revenue then just put the seat prices up! No capital expenditure required.

A 10% increase in ticket prices will bring in approximately the same as 2,000 extra seats! Simple really ….

All roads lead to Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Cut all the seats in half. 40k stadium, job done.

Trying to sit in the seats at Rugby Park it feels like Kilmarnock have already done that.

It would cost a fortune to replace the Wheatfield for probably an increase of around 5000 seats. We probably couldn't build it any higher because it will block out light to the flats across the road, so a double tier stand is out of the question. The only real available space is the car park, so we could build back a small section across that to build a lopsided stand. It's not really worth it where it is.

Without significant investment from the club (i.e. Buying the distillery and expanding the Roseburn backward), we're stuck where we are. 

We're going through a good spell at the minute, and there is no guarantee that the numbers we are seeing these days are going to continue long term; football is a strange game and you never know what's going to happen.  We should make the most of what we have, and do our best to accommodate the people who we can fit in.