Jump to content

John souttar


William H. Bonney
 Share

Recommended Posts

WorldChampions1902
7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Souttar is going to end up the next boo-boy, since people on here are getting their knickers in a twist over something that is both unknown, and out their control.

 

If he goes, he goes.  He's done damn well for us, and we've been able to enjoy a quality player.  If he stays for a bit longer, his goal tonight for Scotland will have done no harm to his overall value.

Well said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • kingantti1874

    53

  • Pasquale for King

    39

  • Bazzas right boot

    146

  • Bongo 1874

    50

9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Souttar is going to end up the next boo-boy, since people on here are getting their knickers in a twist over something that is both unknown, and out their control.

 

If he goes, he goes.  He's done damn well for us, and we've been able to enjoy a quality player.  If he stays for a bit longer, his goal tonight for Scotland will have done no harm to his overall value.

 

Spot on. We should be wishing him well. He's suffered a huge amount in his career and his success now reflects really well on us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Souttar is going to end up the next boo-boy, since people on here are getting their knickers in a twist over something that is both unknown, and out their control.

 

If he goes, he goes.  He's done damn well for us, and we've been able to enjoy a quality player.  If he stays for a bit longer, his goal tonight for Scotland will have done no harm to his overall value.

Yup. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:


He will go to whoever Hearts sell him to in January IMO. He’s not going to sign a pre contract somewhere, he will see the transfer fee as his repayment to the club. IMO

 

I think one of them will be OK with playing a fee for him in January. They both have managers who need CB reinforcements and they won't care about giving money to Hearts, they'll just tell their superiors they want an affordable young international CB available for a pretty nominal sum by their standards. If we can get 700k to 1m for him that will be a good amount to secure a decent replacement. Would rather he goes elsewhere or stays obviously though.

Edited by ToqueJambo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Souttar is genuinely worth making highest earner, 10k a week i would give him that 3 year deal. 

 

Was outstanding tonight him and Cooper were solid at the back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

I think one of them will be OK with playing a fee for him in January. They both have managers who need CB reinforcements and they won't care about giving money to Hearts, they'll just tell their superiors they want an affordable young international CB available for a pretty nominal sum by their standards. If we can get 700k to 1m for him that will be a good amount to secure a decent replacement. Would rather he goes elsewhere or stays obviously though.


See above. West Brom and Stoke, 3rd and 5th respectively have both lost their starting 11 CBs to injury, these clubs are playing for a £70m prize 

 

You look back to mick McCarthy picking up berra for Wolves for £2.5m, Berra only had 6 months left on his deal here. They spent a few quid on a man in form. That signing as good as got Wolves promoted.
 

These clubs know the difference a good January bit of business can make imo. He stays fit and in form, we will get good bids. Clubs will gamble because he is quality, as good a player as Cooper. Should be in the Premier League right now if not for a bit of bad luck 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Souttar is genuinely worth making highest earner, 10k a week i would give him that 3 year deal. 

 

Was outstanding tonight him and Cooper were solid at the back. 

 

Id up my pledge by 50p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:


See above. West Brom and Stoke, 3rd and 5th respectively have both lost their starting 11 CBs to injury, these clubs are playing for a £70m prize 

 

You look back to mick McCarthy picking up berra for Wolves for £2.5m, Berra only had 6 months left on his deal here. They spent a few quid on a man in form. That signing as good as got Wolves promoted.
 

These clubs know the difference a good January bit of business can make imo. He stays fit and in form, we will get good bids. Clubs will gamble because he is quality, as good a player as Cooper. Should be in the Premier League right now if not for a bit of bad luck 

Spot on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Ftfy, lol

 

Times are tough. Rise in energy prices, petrol prices, babe station price per minute and groceries are more expensive

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He showed he's ca lass act tonight. If he go2es in January it'll be for decent money. If 2 or more teams 2ant him it'll drive the price up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He needs to go to a side that wants to build from the back and preferably plays a back 3 with Soapy RCB. That's where he excels. The worst move for him would be to a side that plays with a back 4 and is going to be fighting relegation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I still think he'll go to the OF. Celtic were sniffing around him before we signed him. That'll hurt as Soapy feels like he's come through our youth system because of how young he was when we signed him and how badly his career had stalled at Utd. Fantastic signing and we can take a lot of credit for turning him into the player he is now.

 


Whisper it, but who was it that had the vision and signed him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:


Whisper it, but who was it that had the vision and signed him!

 

Neilson's always been a fan. Way back in May 2014 Robbie countered D Utd's £100k offer for Danny Wilson with a comment about throwing in John Souttar then we might talk, knowing they wouldn't go for it. That would have been some deal but I still can't believe how little we got Soapy for the next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Neilson's always been a fan. Way back in May 2014 Robbie countered D Utd's £100k offer for Danny Wilson with a comment about throwing in John Souttar then we might talk, knowing they wouldn't go for it. That would have been some deal but I still can't believe how little we got Soapy for the next season.

If hearts are top when the transfer window opens he should not be for sale at any price why should we not make the cl money our main priority 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

If hearts are top when the transfer window opens he should not be for sale at any price why should we not make the cl money our main priority 

 

He's not for sale either way. We're trying to get him to sign a new contract and rejected bids in summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

He's not for sale either way. We're trying to get him to sign a new contract and rejected bids in summer.

Do you think he will sign it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We can't offer soutter anywhere near what his next salary will be. 

 

Unfortunately we'll need to sell to the highest bidder on Jan. Hopefully get a decent sell on clause.

 

If he had stayed fit we would have got a decent fee for him.

 

Either way good luck to him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, His name is said:

We can't offer soutter anywhere near what his next salary will be. 

 

Unfortunately we'll need to sell to the highest bidder on Jan. Hopefully get a decent sell on clause.

 

If he had stayed fit we would have got a decent fee for him.

 

Either way good luck to him.

 

Souttar's one player we can't really be criticised for not getting a fee for. Signed him on a 3.5 year then gave him a 2-5-3 year extension. We could easily have got millions for him before either of his last 2 injuries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think back to how Berra turned into an absolute unit when he moved to England, imagine how Souttar could benefit from the training etc down there? He's always seems a little prone to going overweight at Hearts although that might have been the time he's had with injuries. Looks very fit now. Still hope he stays

Edited by ToqueJambo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DesertDawg said:

He's a much better and more confident player with Craig Gordon behind him.  Plenty of scouts will have seen that too.

 

Craig Gordon, the defender whisperer. Also see Berra, Zali, Pressley, Webster, Halkett, Kingsley... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Souttar is genuinely worth making highest earner, 10k a week i would give him that 3 year deal. 

 

Was outstanding tonight him and Cooper were solid at the back. 


Don't think 10k would be anywhere near enough unfortunately. Especially if it’s a free and he’ll trouser a signing on fee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have said from the day that he arrived at the club, that John Souttar is a Rolls Royce of a football player. This season he has just re-affirmed that belief.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think there’s been too much of the amber nectar being consumed here. Yes he is a solid performer, but prone to the odd boo-boo or two. I honestly don’t think he will interest EPL teams but I do think the likes of Stoke etc will be interested. Tonight up until the goal he was nervy and gave the ball away. He settled somewhat after the goal and got his confidence and gave a credible performance and looked pretty comfortable. He gave 100% throughout and that is what endears him to our fans. He always seems to me to work hard and put the effort in which is what any fan of any team would want of a player.

 

Unfortunately he doesn’t have the assured composure that would attract the big teams. His level is SPL or English Championship at best and I hope (if we are going to lose him) that someone makes an offer that we cannot turn down. A good deal for him, for us and done at the January window before his ankle, I fear, ruptures once again. 

Edited by George Cowie
Clarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo_jim2001

Wish him all the best whatever he chooses,no boos from me,too good for the ersecheeks...I hope I live long enough for hearts to be a dream move for top quality players and our days for selling to make money to keep us going is over....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope Stevie G was watching Souttar tonight, with Aston Villas very rich owners we could be looking at a good 3/4 million with a 15% sell on in January.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Think there’s been too much of the amber nectar being consumed here. Yes he is a solid performer, but prone to the odd boo-boo or two. I honestly don’t think he will interest EPL teams but I do think the likes of Stoke etc will be interested. Tonight up until the goal he was nervy and gave the ball away. He settled somewhat after the goal and got his confidence and gave a credible performance and looked pretty comfortable. He gave 100% throughout and that is what endears him to our fans. He always seems to me to work hard and put the effort in which is what any fan of any team would want of a player.

 

Unfortunately he doesn’t have the assured composure that would attract the big teams. His level is SPL or English Championship at best and I hope (if we are going to lose him) that someone makes an offer that we cannot turn down. A good deal for him, for us and done at the January window before his ankle, I fear, ruptures once again. 


Booooo George.

You likely think Hearts aren’t going to win the league either.

:cheers:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I have said from the day that he arrived at the club, that John Souttar is a Rolls Royce of a football player. This season he has just re-affirmed that belief.

Correct,if it wasn’t for his injuries who knows what level he would be playing at now.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely amazing from Soapy tonight. Thoroughly deserved and he clearly thoroughly enjoyed it. 
He obviously wants to keep playing for Scotland and the best way to keep his position for the national team is to keep playing regularly..........  That may be a reason why we might just manage to tempt him to stay a bit longer. 
Go to England he isn’t guaranteed a start every week. With hearts he is. 🤷🏽‍♂️🙏🤞🏼

Edited by Mdoug79
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo_jim2001
19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He'd be a great signing for Celtic. 

 

I hate that

 

 

 

Please dinnae go there mate,gutted when Craig was there but came home,one of our own.down south more money for his family.soapy deserves a long and good career with financial stability.hopefully one day he will be back better and wiser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SuperstarSteve

Love Souttar. Always will unless he joins the old firm.

 

He reminds me of a better version of Andy Webster. Webster was the calmest centre back I’d ever seen and a very decent player but Souttar is just that bit better in every single area. 
 

Celtic goal and Denmark goal. Loved them both. Wish the lad well in the future as he’s given 7 seasons to the club I believe? Not his fault he was injured for most of it. 
 

He has a family to take care of and 15/20k over 3/5k is a no brainier. I’m sure we can all agreed on that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...