Jump to content

** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal


Sertse
 Share

Recommended Posts

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:


Juanma was a decent finisher and scored good and important goals for us. I think he got 13 in his first season which with our general record was decent.

 

Never understood the hate. We don’t have the funds to sign the “perfect” striker.

The problem, for me at least, with Juanma was mainly frustration at his lack of effort. In most games, there were numerous instances of him being totally absent from play because he was way offside and making no effort at all to get onside. Occasionally it would be because he'd made a run anticipating a ball played in behind the defence which never came, but mostly it was simply because we'd been attacking, lost possession, the opposition had moved forward including their defence, and he simply wouldn't bother to even break into a brisk walk back up the park. We'd regain possession and look to play the ball forward and he'd still be yards offside and doing nothing, frequently leaving us effectively a man down. 

 

I'm sure he'd claim he was conserving energy or something, but in reality he simply wasn't putting the effort in, which was a real shame, as he had enough other attributes to be outstanding for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Pasquale for King

    357

  • Bazzas right boot

    395

  • BackOfTheNet

    505

  • GinRummy

    539

innerjambo
40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

See the source image

 

That's one hell of a cute kitten. Probably means 2 strikers guaranteed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robbies Tackle
1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

We would love him, got a host of clubs in England fighting for him which probably ruled us out sadly. Summer was the time to get him 

 

The time to get him really was the day he got sent off against us.  Never a sending off and the young laddie showed he had massive potential before that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

 

A classic ...

 

 

 

ffs

😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aussie Jambo
42 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

 

A classic ...

 

 

 

Brilliant. Thats pretty much JKB in nutshell somedays especially these threads. “You say he’s signing and you says not - you say he’s rubbish and you say he’s hot”. 

tenor.gif

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

 

I'll tell you what about Wednesday. Nothing. Nothing in the morning, and after that. ******** nothing. It's not Wednesdays fault mind you. It's us. WE are a disgrace.   

Yeh. Effn Wednesdays!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

What we old timers and out of touch with modern parlance, would term an inside forward. False no 9. What a load of bollocks.

 

 

Inside Forward, WTf is that?

 

We play outside! 

 

Do they just play 5's indoors?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Zeefuik, what could have been 😭

 

For the sake of £300k which is definitely in our realms of fees we can pay. And instead he went to some Turkish side that didn’t pay him  and his career fell apart. Bloody shame and frustrating nothing could have been worked out for him to come back following that. 
 

Some things just work and Zeefuik 100% could have had that here.

 

Anyway, hopefully Savage is unearthing the next Zeefuik. 

Did big Z not walk away from the game for personal reasons? Sure I read on here he was suffering from a mental health issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

What we old timers and out of touch with modern parlance, would term an inside forward. False no 9. What a load of bollocks.

Inside Forwards more somewhere inbetween a winger & a striker no? Like a forward who sits wider out of possession to get space& then comes inside diagonally towards goal. Whereas a false 9 is more in between a striker & a 10, usually played in place of an out & out striker ie Peps Barca/current City team, Totti at Roma, Firminho at Liverpool, Spain under Del Bosque did it in some games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SomethingAboutObua
34 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Did big Z not walk away from the game for personal reasons? Sure I read on here he was suffering from a mental health issue. 

Yeah he's retired due to depression, apparently related to peoples attitudes towards his weight/size which is caused by a pancreatic condition 

Edited by SomethingAboutObua
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exile fae Main Street

Sorry, but who the **** is Jamie Hamilton? ( apart from being my Ma's Maiden name...Hamilton, not Jamie)😳😳😳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ccjambo1874
2 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Kingsley looks to have extended
 

 

Just heard that it's confirmed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pans Jambo
4 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Kingsley looks to have extended
 

 

Hope thats accurate 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Kingsley looks to have extended
 

 

 

Things are falling into place nicely. I'd offer an extension to Barrie McKay next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

 

Things are falling into place nicely. I'd offer an extension to Barrie McKay next.

 

 

Yip. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SomethingAboutObua

Not a rumour but don't know if this was posted here 

 

Ogashiwa's interview where he talks about Hearts, poor Google translation but you get the jist. 

 

 

Speaking of overseas challenges, there was an offer from Scotland's first division, Hearts, but I decided to stay. Off has been preparing for the second year of the game, such as working hard at Miyanosawa even after the final war.

 "I want to contribute more than last season without any injuries from the camp this season. Last season I finished in 10th place while aiming to participate in the ACL. It was not a season that I could convince as an individual, and I have to do more and more. I will carry on with the awareness that I will pull Sapporo in a way that looks like

The colored paper says "mass production of points". Finally, my aspirations for this season

 

 

https://twitter.com/hochi_football/status/1477791707034841088?t=ZOqzfRPpXeFq2e-tYXdccQ&s=19

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exile fae Main Street
9 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Sorry, but who the **** is Jamie Hamilton? ( apart from being my Ma's Maiden name...Hamilton, not Jamie)😳😳😳

Oh that Jamie Hamilton......😅🤣😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Zeefuik, what could have been 😭

 

For the sake of £300k which is definitely in our realms of fees we can pay. And instead he went to some Turkish side that didn’t pay him  and his career fell apart. Bloody shame and frustrating nothing could have been worked out for him to come back following that. 
 

Some things just work and Zeefuik 100% could have had that here.

 

Anyway, hopefully Savage is unearthing the next Zeefuik. 

Always said we should have signed him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

What we old timers and out of touch with modern parlance, would term an inside forward. False no 9. What a load of bollocks.

 

2 hours ago, Canscot said:

^^^this😂Agree wholeheartedly. Pundits trying to complicate what truly is a simple game. 

 

Seconded ... All this chat about modern technicalities and so on.

 

Back to basics, say I. Especially Arsenal kicking off at 01:57 on this clip:-

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thomson1874

So this is how the squad is looking with the most recent loans/extensions. Expecting Roberts to go back out on loan but have added him back into the squad for the time being - even though he’s not listed on the website as being in the squad when other players loaned out are.

 

Goalkeepers

- Craig Gordon - 2024

- Harry Stone - 2023

- Ross Stewart - 2023

 

Right Backs

- Nathaniel Atkinson - 2025

- Michael Smith - 2022

 

Centre Backs

- John Souttar - 2022

- Craig Halkett - 2024

- Stephen Kingsley - 2022

- Taylor Moore - (Loan)

 

Left Backs

- Alex Cochrane - (Loan)

 

Centre Midfielders

- Beni Baningime - 2024

- Cammy Devlin - 2024

- Peter Haring - 2022

- Aaron McEneff - 2023

- Andy Halliday - 2022

- Finlay Pollock

 

Wide Midfielders

- Barrie McKay - 2023

- Gary Mackay-Steven - 2023

- Josh Ginnelly - 2023

- Jordan Roberts - 2022

 

Forwards

- Liam Boyce - 2023

- Ben Woodburn - (Loan)

- Armand Gnanduillet - 2022

 

On Loan

- Scott McGill - Airdrie 

- Chris Hamilton - Arbroath 

- Cammy Logan - Edinburgh City

- Mihai Popescu - Hamilton 

- Jamie Brandon - Morton 

- Jamie Walker - Bradford City

- Connor Smith - Queens Park

- Euan Henderson - Alloa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

tazhearts
23 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Just heard that it's confirmed. 

Peter Haring next hopefully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thumb Up Emoji
6 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

So this is how the squad is looking with the most recent loans/extensions. Expecting Roberts to go back out on loan but have added him back into the squad for the time being - even though he’s not listed on the website as being in the squad when other players loaned out are.

 

Goalkeepers

- Craig Gordon - 2024

- Harry Stone - 2023

- Ross Stewart - 2023

 

Right Backs

- Nathaniel Atkinson - 2025

- Michael Smith - 2022

 

Centre Backs

- John Souttar - 2022

- Craig Halkett - 2024

- Stephen Kingsley - 2022

- Taylor Moore - (Loan)

 

Left Backs

- Alex Cochrane - (Loan)

 

Centre Midfielders

- Beni Baningime - 2024

- Cammy Devlin - 2024

- Peter Haring - 2022

- Aaron McEneff - 2023

- Andy Halliday - 2022

- Finlay Pollock

 

Wide Midfielders

- Barrie McKay - 2023

- Gary Mackay-Steven - 2023

- Josh Ginnelly - 2023

- Jordan Roberts - 2022

 

Forwards

- Liam Boyce - 2023

- Ben Woodburn - (Loan)

- Armand Gnanduillet - 2022

 

On Loan

- Scott McGill - Airdrie 

- Chris Hamilton - Arbroath 

- Cammy Logan - Edinburgh City

- Mihai Popescu - Hamilton 

- Jamie Brandon - Morton 

- Jamie Walker - Bradford City

- Connor Smith - Queens Park

- Euan Henderson - Alloa


Kingsley is here until 2024 or 2025

Link to comment
Share on other sites

stevie1874
5 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

We need a striker, Savage has to get his finger oot in that department.. Hopefully he is doing that now.

If we can’t get our targets now then I’d be happy with a short term loan & bring Henderson back for second half of season. We don’t want another Gnando. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

StevenNaismith
5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Jamie Hamilton is gash.

Utter nonsense. I was at the game on Saturday against Partick and the amount of scouts there watching him would tell you he’s far from ‘gash’. Terrific young talent who will go from strength to strength the higher the level he plays. I’d bite your hand off to have him at Hearts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Utter nonsense. I was at the game on Saturday against Partick and the amount of scouts there watching him would tell you he’s far from ‘gash’. Terrific young talent who will go from strength to strength the higher the level he plays. I’d bite your hand off to have him at Hearts.

 

 

Only thing I'd say that for a centre half he isn't tall. 

 

Not short, but at 5'11" it's on the short side for a  centre half. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kingsley set to sign, makes me happy!   That's really got me going now. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agentjambo
45 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Not a rumour but don't know if this was posted here 

 

Ogashiwa's interview where he talks about Hearts, poor Google translation but you get the jist. 

 

 

Speaking of overseas challenges, there was an offer from Scotland's first division, Hearts, but I decided to stay. Off has been preparing for the second year of the game, such as working hard at Miyanosawa even after the final war.

 "I want to contribute more than last season without any injuries from the camp this season. Last season I finished in 10th place while aiming to participate in the ACL. It was not a season that I could convince as an individual, and I have to do more and more. I will carry on with the awareness that I will pull Sapporo in a way that looks like

The colored paper says "mass production of points". Finally, my aspirations for this season

 

 

https://twitter.com/hochi_football/status/1477791707034841088?t=ZOqzfRPpXeFq2e-tYXdccQ&s=19

Can’t see him signing tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cosanostra

Really like Kingsley. We always seem to find decent left backs and he's one of the better ones.

Well happy if we can keep him at the club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Utter nonsense. I was at the game on Saturday against Partick and the amount of scouts there watching him would tell you he’s far from ‘gash’. Terrific young talent who will go from strength to strength the higher the level he plays. I’d bite your hand off to have him at Hearts.

 

Granted its a small sample but I've Seen him play about 10 times over the last 2-3 years and has had a calamity every time - Jordan McGhee vibes about him.

Realise he's young but would not be excited in the slightest to see him come our way.

How did you manage to get into the game on Sat? I think I read it was Season tickets holders only with the 500 cap imposed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

DD362B2B-C87B-48D2-A6BA-104F8872DC1C.jpeg

Good news. We need more free kicks just outside the box. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't realise that Smith was out of contract this summer too. Would like to see him get another year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Thomaso said:

DD362B2B-C87B-48D2-A6BA-104F8872DC1C.jpeg

 

Shite newspaper, great news! That's like 3 of the best signings any club in Scotland will make this window. Gordon / Halkett, Kingsley / Beni, Devlin / Boyce is a very good spine to build on, with just a defender and striker really needed to strengthen it, maybe a left winger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Didn't realise that Smith was out of contract this summer too. Would like to see him get another year.

 

I think the Club have indicated that they will offer him another deal. I also read that he has a clause in his current deal that activates a new contract option after he plays a certain number of games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gregzy2k7
1 hour ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Kingsley looks to have extended
 

 

:yas: 

He was my 2nd must keep after Gordon, you fecking beauty!! What a man!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cosanostra
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Didn't realise that Smith was out of contract this summer too. Would like to see him get another year.

 

 

Pretty sure Smith will sign for another year. Souttar, Kingsley and Halkett were the vital ones to get sorted first and we might have 2 of those 3 sorted.

Smith and Haring next I'd imagine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Shite newspaper, great news! That's like 3 of the best signings any club in Scotland will make this window. Gordon / Halkett, Kingsley / Beni, Devlin / Boyce is a very good spine to build on, with just a defender and striker really needed to strengthen it, maybe a left winger.

 

As you say great news if this turns out to be true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

 

 

Pretty sure Smith will sign for another year. Souttar, Kingsley and Halkett were the vital ones to get sorted first and we might have 2 of those 3 sorted.

Smith and Haring next I'd imagine.

 

I think he will offer Smith a new deal but dependng on who we sign or have lined up for the summer I am not so sure about Haring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

stevie1874
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Shite newspaper, great news! That's like 3 of the best signings any club in Scotland will make this window. Gordon / Halkett, Kingsley / Beni, Devlin / Boyce is a very good spine to build on, with just a defender and striker really needed to strengthen it, maybe a left winger.

If as is reported Kingsley extends and a new forward signs then things are looking good to just upgrade 1 or 2 every season in the summer moving forward. We’re in a good place and hopefully finished with the days of scattergun panic signings turning up en masse and hoping the team gels. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

gnasher75

I think Halkett will thrive with the responsibility of being the leader in the back 3. In his time at Hearts he has played understudy to Berra and Souttar but now it's time for him to step up and I think he is ready.

 

Assuming Souttar goes, a Moore-Halkett-Kingsley back 3 is fine with me, ideally with Findlay or someone even better coming in to offer competition/cover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aussie Jambo

Gordon Atkinson Halkett & Kingsley (If confirmed.)

Ohhh yehhh.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thomson1874
57 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:


Kingsley is here until 2024 or 2025


Don’t like to update it until it’s confirmed 😂

 

That would be excellent though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...