** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

That and Roberts leaving!

don't disagree.

but he's a good example of how difficult player recruitment is. Can score goals, impressive ones too going by his goal this week. Has pace as well.

But just didn't fit in with us.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Harring and Mackay on extensions and a "marquee" CF please.

Yes,yes please. Haring and Mackay especially.

22 minutes ago, aberhill jambo said:

What is his strengths. Yet again on Tuesday went missing 

Yeah Tuesday was poor night for him, according to the player himself his best work is coming off the right wing and likes to have lots of pitch to roam into.  The 343 formation means the two forward wingers are playing pretty tight in the middle of the pitch is how I see it.

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

GMS has been such a let down, he's been absolutely mince for us. I never expected much from Halliday in the first place, at least he's scored some goals though I guess.

Halliday was signed for a prupose and he has served that relatively well but time for him to move on at the end of the season.

As for GMS well he is just a total waste of space. Surely Henderson would be worth a try now that he is back rather than this nonentity.

59 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Hmm I disagree, it was always known that he was in the twilight of his career.  He's been part of some crucial goals this season - goal against Celtic, winning pen at Dundee Utd, scoring opener in tight game against St Mirren, winning pen against Aberdeen at home just a few of the top of my head. 

We don't play to his strengths, but reality is we have some really good options for his position.

I watched him closely on Tuesday night and his movement or lack of it at crucial times is worse than most schoolboys.

He never moves into space to receive the ball and seems to make runs at the wrong times. His decision making is very poor and he has the heart of a mouse.

I really can't believe that he plays as often as he does.

I accept what you say about some of the good things he has done but those are fairly limited. Look at the number of glaring opportunities he has missed since he joined us.

47 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

@Jambo 4 Ever is basically saying we should sign Leigh Griffiths if it comes to it. 

So he can serve his 10 match ban with us?

Which is a big problem for him getting another club with the ban hanging over him. 

Edited by Mikey1874

The problem with GMS is he is a left or right winger, he actually said himself he is a right winger. We are now asking him to come inside and the let the wing backs to be the width and it doesn’t suit him. If we played a 433 or 4231 you’d probably seen a better GMS who can take players on on the outside. 
He also ends up doing something even if he’s a having a bad game. 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

The problem with GMS is he is a left or right winger, he actually said himself he is a right winger. We are now asking him to come inside and the let the wing backs to be the width and it doesn’t suit him. If we played a 433 or 4231 you’d probably seen a better GMS who can take players on on the outside. 

If he said himself that he’s a right winger, then considering he’s very left footed then being asked to come inside from the right wing should be no issue whatsoever. GMS’ problem isn’t whether he played right, left or centre. His problem is he’s no longer any good.

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

I remember when he was with Aberdeen him coming on as a sub and causing all sorts of problems for us down the left wing in front of the Wheatfiled.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I watched him closely on Tuesday night and his movement or lack of it at crucial times is worse than most schoolboys.

He never moves into space to receive the ball and seems to make runs at the wrong times. His decision making is very poor and he has the heart of a mouse.

I really can't believe that he plays as often as he does.

I accept what you say about some of the good things he has done but those are fairly limited. Look at the number of glaring opportunities he has missed since he joined us.

I agree with all the points, and i'm not his biggest fan.  But we could be potentially 5-7 points worse off without his input in the first half of the season so he's worthy of a space in the squad for me.

LarrysRightFoot

Not really about this window but I see the loan rules are being changed. Might mean we have more youngsters in these ‘squad player’ roles next season. 

Brick Tamland

Gnando away

Armand Gnanduillet has left Hearts to join French side Le Mans on a permanent deal.

The striker makes the move to the Championnat National outfit following a 12-month spell at Tynecastle.

29-year-old Armand made 30 appearances in a maroon shirt and scored six goals.

The club wishes him well with his return to France

Edited by Brick Tamland

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Two for the summer window I reckon. Halliday is now just a backup player; his contract is up at the end of the season and I can't see us being that keen on renewing, but he will need replacing. I don't think he'll be keen on renewing either because he's the kind of player who wants to play (and still could elsewhere in the league I'd say). 

GMS has another year to run and whilst I think we'll still need him this season, I reckon we'll get someone in the summer window and he'll have a lesser role next season. 

Can't disagree with any of that.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Two for the summer window I reckon. Halliday is now just a backup player; his contract is up at the end of the season and I can't see us being that keen on renewing, but he will need replacing. I don't think he'll be keen on renewing either because he's the kind of player who wants to play (and still could elsewhere in the league I'd say). 

GMS has another year to run and whilst I think we'll still need him this season, I reckon we'll get someone in the summer window and he'll have a lesser role next season. 

Halliday I think will be back at Livingston next season.

11 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I agree with all the points, and i'm not his biggest fan.  But we could be potentially 5-7 points worse off without his input in the first half of the season so he's worthy of a space in the squad for me.

He might be worth a place in the squad because we have few alternatives but not in the starting eleven.

No longer active
3 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Gnando away

Armand Gnanduillet has left Hearts to join French side Le Mans on a permanent deal.

The striker makes the move to the Championnat National outfit following a 12-month spell at Tynecastle.

Thanks for keeping us informed 😎

12 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

This for me. He’s been pretty ordinary at times and I’m sure he’ll get better.  I wonder if he is actually better coming off the bench later in a game than actually being in the starting eleven. All about opinions though.

Brick Tamland
Just now, George Cowie said:

Thanks for keeping us informed 😎

Have I had a Peebles moment with that? Was on the club website copied it and posted it, acch well better late than never :facepalm:

1 hour ago, jb102 said:

Nando to Le Mans .

Le Man's.... Ferrari, Ford, Porches.  Now the footballing equivalent of a Lada.  Thank you Le Man's, thank you.

11 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Gnanduillet looked OK on his debut but just didn't work out for him here, probably as much due to his attitude than ability. 

Agree 

Don't think he had it in him to fight for his place

18 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Gnanduillet looked OK on his debut but just didn't work out for him here, probably as much due to his attitude than ability. 

Probably but he just didn't suit our system of play. He needed lots of crosses to get on the end of but we were (and still are to some extent) weak in that area. Barrie can cross but with a trio of short men up front, it's not a winning formula.

4 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Probably but he just didn't suit our system of play. He needed lots of crosses to get on the end of but we were (and still are to some extent) weak in that area. Barrie can cross but with a trio of short men up front, it's not a winning formula.

We are targeting a striker who can run in behind the defence. You could see from the other night it a tactic we will use. However we need somebody more physical who can win those balls in the air and hold it up just to change it 

3 hours ago, Sertse said:

He was extremely lazy, I've never seen a player seem to put so much work into not warming up with everyone else.

After you noticed him during the warm up, it was difficult to look away. One of the strangest things I've see. Standing at the side watching his teammates doing a rondo and going to retrieve the ball for them if it went out. Weird as....

• davemclaren changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Gnando leaves ( updated )

Great news that we got rid of a 6ft+ Fairy. Hopefully news shortly of a striker in bound, or we are going to be extremely light for forwards (if we stay this way when the "window slams shut"). 

2 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Great news that we got rid of a 6ft+ Fairy. Hopefully news shortly of a striker in bound, or we are going to be extremely light for forwards (if we stay this way when the "window slams shut"). 

He wouldn’t have been allowed to go if we weren’t getting a striker imo. 

Just now, Gershwin said:

Hopefully Joe Savage is letting Le Mans know about the availability of André L'Alliday and Geiree Mackay-Stephane.

👍🏻 Good work. 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

But according to quite a few on this forum after the Raith game this guy was a world beater. I wonder if they will now admit they got it well wide of the mark🤔

1 hour ago, Brick Tamland said:

Gnando away

Post of the year already 

6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

But according to quite a few on this forum after the Raith game this guy was a world beater. I wonder if they will now admit they got it well wide of the mark🤔

After that Raith game I was waxing lyrical about him, but still with enough wiggle room to call him shite further down the line 😂. To be honest, it didn't take too long! 😅

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

@Jambo 4 Ever is basically saying we should sign Leigh Griffiths if it comes to it. 

for the love of god. if that's the answer you have to wonder what the question was...

as for GMS, when he has a good game you can see his quality, even if he managed that every other game (reckon it's about one in four or five) I'd still say we could and should do better.

Edited by Japan Jambo

18 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Shouldn't have accepted any fee. Should have gave him for nothing on the understanding they take Damour on a permanent now :laugh:

Saving his wages is a good enough deal. 

12 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

A bit like the man himself, then?

14 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Welcome

Im defending this lady's honour. Which is a damn sight more than she's ever done.

Ahhh, the great Groucho Marx !

We're doing good business outwards, contracts, if we get a banging forward, Joe Savage has done a mint job, once again. 

We need a Joe Savvy emoticon/smiley. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal