** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

48 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Any striker is better than no striker 

Look at the comments under Hearts announcing Nando leaving and you will see that is completely incorrect.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Selkirkhmfc1874

Good news he away and that's him and Roberts finally off wage bill! Damour still hanging around like a bad smell unfortunately 

33 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No they're not. 

No point in adding a striker that is worse than Boyce, Henderson, Woodburn or Gino. 

Sit doon. 

Most ridiculous comment I've read for a while. 

I laughed when I read it! 🤣

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good news he away and that's him and Roberts finally off wage bill! Damour still hanging around like a bad smell unfortunately 

He’s no is he!! 😳

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Did we get a fee for him (Gnando)?... no sniggering or sarcie comments please.

Well ok, one or two.

Edited by Rogue Daddy

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hes at least away on loan and the agreement is that he signs permanently in the summer.

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Damour is gone, he's on loan until the end of the season and we have an agreement with him to terminate his contract at that point.

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Did we get a fee for him (Gnando)?... no sniggering or sarcie comments please.

Well ok, one or two.

Haven't a clue! Just great news he gone .

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hes at least away on loan and the agreement is that he signs permanently in the summer.

Says he's left on permanent. 

13 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

A couple of poster commented that part of the Damour deal to Le Mans meant that his contract with us ends this summer. Unsure if we paid up the remainder of his contract or loaned him on the cheap so Le Mans take over responsibility. He's done with us anyway.

Edited by GinRummy

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, andrew said:

Damour is gone, he's on loan until the end of the season and we have an agreement with him to terminate his contract at that point.

He's not gone as far as we still paying percentage of his wages

The Wrinkly Ninja

Activity out the way this window and last now means that there is nobody currently at the club who I would say isn’t of the required quality to be in our squad and push for at least a place on our bench. 

When was the last time we were able to say that about a squad?

Aware that some are out on loan but all of the senior players on loan are not there for development I don’t think and won’t be here beyond the summer. 

There’s a couple more players at the club who will be next in line to be leaving, thinking about Halliday and maybe Stewart.

We should never again see the yearly overhaul of a squad and are ideally placed to bring in 2-4 players a year to improve.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

True, I'd hardly say he is hanging around like a bad smell though - he'll never set foot in Tynecastle again thankfully.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He wont play for us again not that he did much before right enough. That is yet another Levein legacy that has cost us dearly.

1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Activity out the way this window and last now means that there is nobody currently at the club who I would say isn’t of the required quality to be in our squad and push for at least a place on our bench. 

Aware that some are out on loan but all of the senior players on loan are not there for development I don’t think and won’t be here beyond the summer. 

There’s a couple more players at the club who will be next in line to be leaving, thinking about Halliday and maybe Stewart.

We should never again see the yearly overhaul of a squad and are ideally placed to bring in 2-4 players a year to improve.

Halliday and GMS for me are not what we need to improve the squad. We need to upgrade on them.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

as much as i hate giving our noisy, small-man-syndrome neighbours any credit - the season where they had McGinn, McGeough and Allan in midfield was on the back of them building a strong core to the team and consistency was key for them doing well. I'm excited that we potentially have a long-term consistent squad of good players and i'm excited to see where they take us. 

Edited by Absolute Scenes

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A couple of poster commented that part of the Damour deal to Le Mans meant that his contract with us ends this summer. Unsure if we paid up the remainder of his contract or loaned him on the cheap so Le Mans take over responsibility. He's done with us anyway.

I seem to recall that this was the case as they were claiming poverty and just to get rid of him we are paying a large chunk of his wage.

They will get him permanently at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I seem to recall that this was the case as they were claiming poverty and just to get rid of him we are paying a large chunk of his wage.

They will get him permanently at the end of the season.

👍

13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Halliday and GMS for me are not what we need to improve the squad. We need to upgrade on them.

GMS has been such a let down, he's been absolutely mince for us. I never expected much from Halliday in the first place, at least he's scored some goals though I guess.

14 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

That's a really good point.  As others have and will point out, the glaring one is Halliday, but he'll be away in 6 months anyway.

GMS.  Well the guy is good enough, is the truth and if our biggest concern is GMS being our poorest player, we're doing OK.

Getting Craigy, Halks, Kingsley, Smith and hopefully Haring signed up are great signs.  It means we have that steady core, not just on the pitch, but at the club setting standards.  But then on the pitch, we can sell or lose someone and absorb it as we have a good squad who can pick up slack while we find or bed in one or two new players.  It's exactly where we want to be and the fact we seem to have gotten there so quickly after such a shambolic squad imbalance, really shows this is just the starting point...

i.e. solid foundation, so now we can add real, real quality here and there and take our time doing it.

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

GMS has been such a let down, he's been absolutely mince for us. I never expected much from Halliday in the first place, at least he's scored some goals though I guess.

Hmm I disagree, it was always known that he was in the twilight of his career.  He's been part of some crucial goals this season - goal against Celtic, winning pen at Dundee Utd, scoring opener in tight game against St Mirren, winning pen against Aberdeen at home just a few of the top of my head. 

We don't play to his strengths, but reality is we have some really good options for his position.

Lots of activity from Hearts social media this morning. Don’t think there will be a signing, but I have a sneaky feeling Haring extension may be announced. No reason for thinking that, just a hunch.

16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Two for the summer window I reckon. Halliday is now just a backup player; his contract is up at the end of the season and I can't see us being that keen on renewing, but he will need replacing. I don't think he'll be keen on renewing either because he's the kind of player who wants to play (and still could elsewhere in the league I'd say). 

GMS has another year to run and whilst I think we'll still need him this season, I reckon we'll get someone in the summer window and he'll have a lesser role next season. 

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Lots of activity from Hearts social media this morning. Don’t think there will be a signing, but I have a sneaky feeling Haring extension may be announced. No reason for thinking that, just a hunch.

OK Quasi.  You use the wok to iron yer shirts?

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Always like when they are active in a morning, makes you think more is coming throughout the day otherwise they would stager it more

Fingers crossed for Haring extension & a new striker

Not asking for much 😅

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Two for the summer window I reckon. Halliday is now just a backup player; his contract is up at the end of the season and I can't see us being that keen on renewing, but he will need replacing. I don't think he'll be keen on renewing either because he's the kind of player who wants to play (and still could elsewhere in the league I'd say). 

GMS has another year to run and whilst I think we'll still need him this season, I reckon we'll get someone in the summer window and he'll have a lesser role next season. 

Agreed, and I'd think and hope loong term, these "squad" roles will be taken by kids.  Hamilton instead of Halliday, Smith instead of GMS etc.  But only if the kids are of better qual of course, and they're just examples of lads we have, not saying they merit it.

Pasquale for King

I think we are due Le Mans a debt of gratitude here, maybe a friendly in the summer if possible to prepare for Europe 🤔?

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed, and I'd think and hope loong term, these "squad" roles will be taken by kids.  Hamilton instead of Halliday, Smith instead of GMS etc.  But only if the kids are of better qual of course, and they're just examples of lads we have, not saying they merit it.

Hopefully this will happen though we'll still need some experience on the bench

29 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That's a really good point.  As others have and will point out, the glaring one is Halliday, but he'll be away in 6 months anyway.

GMS.  Well the guy is good enough, is the truth and if our biggest concern is GMS being our poorest player, we're doing OK.

Getting Craigy, Halks, Kingsley, Smith and hopefully Haring signed up are great signs.  It means we have that steady core, not just on the pitch, but at the club setting standards.  But then on the pitch, we can sell or lose someone and absorb it as we have a good squad who can pick up slack while we find or bed in one or two new players.  It's exactly where we want to be and the fact we seem to have gotten there so quickly after such a shambolic squad imbalance, really shows this is just the starting point...

i.e. solid foundation, so now we can add real, real quality here and there and take our time doing it.

not bad for a recruitment team heading for failure.....🤣

Just now, john thomas said:

Hopefully this will happen though we'll still need some experience on the bench

Absolutely, but we have that great core of good pros now and even taking say our midfield in isolation, got three very good players there, one of whom will be on the bench when all available.  Perhaps 4th choice should be a kid going forward (as I say, not particularly looking at names now, but in theory, so next season our CM options would be Beni, Haring, Dev and Pollock, with Smith if need be)

aberhill jambo
31 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Hmm I disagree, it was always known that he was in the twilight of his career.  He's been part of some crucial goals this season - goal against Celtic, winning pen at Dundee Utd, scoring opener in tight game against St Mirren, winning pen against Aberdeen at home just a few of the top of my head. 

We don't play to his strengths, but reality is we have some really good options for his position.

What is his strengths. Yet again on Tuesday went missing 

Jambof3tornado
37 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

This.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That's not true though!  Craig Gordon, Halkett and Kinsgley all might have something to say about that!

Edit:  Oh, and Natty!

Jury still out on Natty as we’ve not seen him play yet 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal