** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

42 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We will have a better idea after our next four games as to if we are cemented into third place in the league.

Celtic

Motherwell

Hibs 

Rangers

Potential 12 points and we will be doing well to get 6 from those I think with our current group of players.

...got to say, I hope we take more that the 6. In all the games we've played so far against the uglies (in the league)... I think we've pretty much given as good as we've got. Our only shortfall being our finishing. I'm pleasantly surprised how we've competed against them this season... they're not as good as they think they are.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Captain Lithuania
2 hours ago, Walter Burns said:

For me it would be Devlin....don't get why everyone goes overboard about him...gets about the pitch and makes a nuisance of himself but is very limited after that. Got into a couple of good positions last night then shit his pants....hardly ever passes forward unlike Haring who's range of passing is top drawer....

Agreed. I like his effort and enthusiasm but is not capable of playing a forward pass or doing anything in an attacking capacity. Beni and Haring would be my preferred midfield. And if we were going to a middle three I’d be adding McEneff in there. 

Edited by Captain Lithuania

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

What I find a bit funny about him is the lack of tricks.  For me, he made a career out of audacious skill - was famous for it.  No seen him really try as much as a step over, never mind rainbows and all that jazz.  Wonder why?! Too old and wise?

Robert Borthwick told me that Savage had informed them last year that he runs with the weight on the outside of his feet and is susceptible to rolling his ankles. Playing inside means he’s coming up against DMs and CHs from all sides. It’s easier to do tricks against an isolated FB I suppose. 

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

anyone seen Lafferty  🙂

He and Cummings are waiting by their phones for Savage to call 🤪

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robert Borthwick told me that Savage had informed them last year that he runs with the weight on the outside of his feet and is susceptible to rolling his ankles. Playing inside means he’s coming up against DMs and CHs from all sides. It’s easier to do tricks against an isolated FB I suppose. 

I bet Robert got good snippets from JS off air last night!

He quite rightly wouldn’t disclose names etc but surely someone on here knows him and could give a rating of his thoughts?

1 being unlikely any good news 

5 Aiming high but unlikely 

10 Names are superb and we will definitely get at least two in

Thats giving away nothing but useful to know, come on Robert, you know it’s makes sense

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

I bet Robert got good snippets from JS off air last night!

He quite rightly wouldn’t disclose names etc but surely someone on here knows him and could give a rating of his thoughts?

1 being unlikely any good news 

5 Aiming high but unlikely 

10 Names are superb and we will definitely get at least two in

Thats giving away nothing but useful to know, come on Robert, you know it’s makes sense

Probably but he’s a clever boy and having got in somehow he won’t want to let something slip I think.
I’m sure we will get a whiff of something soon 🤞

Ford Prentice
3 hours ago, Walter Burns said:

For me it would be Devlin....don't get why everyone goes overboard about him...gets about the pitch and makes a nuisance of himself but is very limited after that. Got into a couple of good positions last night then shit his pants....hardly ever passes forward unlike Haring who's range of passing is top drawer....

I like Haring but I actually thought his passing was a bit wayward last night especially long passes where he was trying to switch play. Was wondering if he was feeling pressure as no new contract yet and trying a bit too hard to impress. Maybe I misread it. Bit harsh on Devlin though he could do with a goal.

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

I agree JK123, Massive mistake, no chance he could play in this team. This style of play requires a high degree of technical ability with players able to receive and keep the ball in tight areas, CP can’t!

Aye. He's got a first touch like a shot. Nowhere near good enough for us these days. 

15 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

I like Haring but I actually thought his passing was a bit wayward last night especially long passes where he was trying to switch play. Was wondering if he was feeling pressure as no new contract yet and trying a bit too hard to impress. Maybe I misread it. Bit harsh on Devlin though he could do with a goal.

Thought haring was a bit off last night. And that chance in the second half when on his own in the penalty box and couldn’t turn his body. Devlin still learning Scottish football. Maybe plays it’s safe too much but very impressive up to now

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Thought haring was a bit off last night. And that chance in the second half when on his own in the penalty box and couldn’t turn his body. Devlin still learning Scottish football. Maybe plays it’s safe too much but very impressive up to now

I like Devlin and thought he was very good second half last night. He won a lot of tackles, one great sliding interception and got forward and had a decent shot that was saved. Looking forward to seeing Beni again, hopefully back for Celtic next week. Getting a bit frustrating the lack of detail around where he is fitness wise. 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

What’s happened with Beni?  Injured since December for a couple of weeks. Robbie did say clubs were interested in him. The fact we couldn’t even list him on the bench last night

Robbie said back at weekend.

Though he has said similar before. 

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Summer 2023. Basically we could be back in the Souttar situation this time next year unless something is signed.

We have been very bad at taking the long view with players imo. I can see nothing  in Barry McKay to make him look like a bad risk in terms of attitude and fitness, and he's not even at his peak yet. A 2 year extension is the least we should be looking at.

Edited by upgotheheads

Churchill Barrier
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Many irons in the fire,these things take time.We have a 3 prong attack on signing new players as when Will Lancefield and George Brown are identifying players they then have to put them to Robbie,Robbie has to sell the club,sell his style of play.

We are looking at a higher quality of player like the Mackays and Kingsley of this world,not easy to bring in.

Both Mckay and Kingsley were not palying for their previous clubs when we signed them, it has worked out for us on those occasions,  i would hope we are looking at players currently playing and playing well.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I can't imagine we will be signing anyone in the next week or so to make it much easier.

8 points would be great but the main thing imo is to win the middle two

Agree.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some players just fit at certain clubs, Paterson I think is disallusioned at SWFC.. I watched him a few times for Cardiff and he was absolutely the enthusiastic physical monster we know..

I think one thing we miss is a bit of a physical presence.. 

id be over the moon if CP came back here

And there I was thinking we were still A BIG PHYSICAL TEAM 😍

Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Any word on why Woodburn didn’t even make the squad last night?

Robbie talked on pre-game about some covid cases on the club. Perhaps he's one of them.

2 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Quite a few going out not to much coming in so far

RN and JS both quoted as stating they wouldnt be letting players leave without having already targeted / acquired a replacement, so i think a bit patience and we will be fine !

21 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We have been very bad at taking the long view with players imo. I can see nothing  in Barry McKay to make him look like a bad risk in terms of attitude and fitness, and he's not even at his peak yet. A 2 year extension is the least we should be looking at.

I dunno. Not long ago we were all complaining why we had many players on long term contracts, we were wanting shorter. The 2 1/2 for McKay last September might have been more McKay’s wish than ours? Who knows.

2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

RN and JS both quoted as stating they wouldnt be letting players leave without having already targeted / acquired a replacement, so i think a bit patience and we will be fine !

I agree. Little to lose by letting big Gnando move on. Any confidence or determination that he’d make it with us is long gone. 

Clark Griswold
33 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

:shockio:

ne laissez pas la porte vous frapper en sortant

Edited by Clark Griswold

47 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

And if he refuses we should sell him now…apparently. 

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And if he refuses we should sell him now…apparently. 

Mckay has been great for us but it will be far easier getting him tied down than Souttar proved to be.I think like Kingsley and Halkett he will actually want to stay.He has played the bit part player most of his career so far until Hearts so I can see him wanting to stay.

Edited by vegas-voss

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, HMFC_France said:

Robbie talked on pre-game about some covid cases on the club. Perhaps he's one of them.

I would think so, we don’t usually announce it when players contract it.

5 hours ago, Walter Burns said:

I thought Devin had a howler first half. Looked like he didnt know what to do when he got the ball and took too long deciding. 2nd half much better. I love the wee guy and I know we didnt sign him for his goal scoring record but I did think he shat his pants when in positions to have a pop a goal. Maybe first day back nerves or something. Anyway, that aside, overall I though he did well. 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

I thought Devin had a howler first half. Looked like he didnt know what to do when he got the ball and took too long deciding. 2nd half much better. I love the wee guy and I know we didnt sign him for his goal scoring record but I did think he shat his pants when in positions to have a pop a goal. Maybe first day back nerves or something. Anyway, that aside, overall I though he did well. 

Had no confidence in him when he was through on goal . Still have him in the team every game 

2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Had no confidence in him when he was through on goal . Still have him in the team every game 

Inspirational 

4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Has got himself into a few decent goal scoring positions since he’s been here. I wonder if he’s always going to be poor in front of goal or if a goal could give him a bit of confidence to net a few more. 

3 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

I agree JK123, Massive mistake, no chance he could play in this team. This style of play requires a high degree of technical ability with players able to receive and keep the ball in tight areas, CP can’t!

😂😂😂😂😂 ummm we are not THAT good

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

😂😂😂😂😂 ummm we are not THAT good

In terms of CP, It’s actually a bit irrelevant how good we actually are, the point is that, regardless, he is not good enough to play in this team and/or a style which means good ball retention! We are much, much better than CP is!

Howdy Doody Jambo

William Prunier is the assistant manager at Le Mans, I'm sure he was a friend of big Gilles Rousset and may well have had a trial or loan spell at Tynecastle around 98, could have a bit of a French connection going ah weee

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Has got himself into a few decent goal scoring positions since he’s been here. I wonder if he’s always going to be poor in front of goal or if a goal could give him a bit of confidence to net a few more. 

Practice Practice Practice. 

1 minute ago, CAR said:

Please please please can someone geta bit of info on a striker coming in

We are close to signing a striker

Just now, Stendelnator said:

We are close to signing a striker

Names I need names lol

This no leaks thing is very professional but its driving me round the bend

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal