** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Surely we will be bringing in a forward and a wide player in Jan. GMS is the hide and seek champion at Tynecastle and we let Walker go out on loan.

I think we will bring in 1 maybe 2 players in Jan and get Haring and McKay longer contracts. 

Joe spoke well last night on Hearts TV so refreshing. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

9 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Reckon Goncalves could still do a job though! Not long ago he was best defender in MLS and defo not a snake or rat.

he was voted defender of the year back in 2013..

6 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Think you're thinking of Adebayo? Who ended up signing for Luton

Obafemi was heavily rumoured to be a deadline day signing on the cards for us until the last minute when he chose to stay down south

12 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Interesting.

3E21DEC8-4D2F-4D3D-AA4B-0272FF4F85D4.jpeg

That Yan Dhana chap at Swansea mentioned previously, follows Gino on Instagram. Dunno how relevant that is (they probably played together somewhere 🤷‍♂️). 

6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

That Yan Dhana chap at Swansea mentioned previously, follows Gino on Instagram. Dunno how relevant that is (they probably played together somewhere 🤷‍♂️). 

Dhanda has always been at Swansea other than brief youth stints at West Brom and Liverpool. Ginnelly has never been at any of those clubs. Only thing maybe was they played together during their younger days, Ginnelly was born in Nuneaton so not so far from Birmingham/Tipton where Dhanda grew up, but not exactly local to each other to play in same school teams etc. Curious one.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Watching who players follow on social media, now we have a window on our hands!

:lol:

The new dot count - which players have started following or unfollowing who.

Watching who players follow on social media, now we have a window on our hands!

And watching You Tube montage videos of possible targets!

I've just watched two videos of the Dhanda boy and wow he looks brilliant - a very similar style, touch and passing ability as Barrie McKay.  He would be an excellent and exciting signing (based on You Tube) if the rumour was true.

21 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

And watching You Tube montage videos of possible targets!

I've just watched two videos of the Dhanda boy and wow he looks brilliant - a very similar style, touch and passing ability as Barrie McKay.  He would be an excellent and exciting signing (based on You Tube) if the rumour was true.

Bugger it, let’s have it here too…

EEN reporting that 3 clubs are after Gnanduillet.

Apparently Sheffield Wednesday are one of them. We will do a swap with them for Calum Paterson or Barry Bannan.

Just now, 8skacel8 said:

Apparently Sheffield Wednesday are one of them. We will do a swap with them for Calum Paterson or Barry Bannan.

Or a half decent cutlery set for the boardroom. 

2 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

National league? That’s his level

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Surely we will be bringing in a forward and a wide player in Jan. GMS is the hide and seek champion at Tynecastle and we let Walker go out on loan.

I think we will bring in 1 maybe 2 players in Jan and get Haring and McKay longer contracts. 

Joe spoke well last night on Hearts TV so refreshing. 

What did joe say?

Couple of strikers needed.

Couple of attacking central midfielders needed.

Unless Souttar leaves  no more defensive minded players required.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Couple of strikers needed.

Couple of attacking central midfielders needed.

Unless Souttar leaves  no more defensive minded players required.

Who we dropping for the attacking midfielders?  Not being cheeky jusy wondered your rationale here

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

He could have scored a couple tbf.

Having seen back the highlights - he had one good chance in the box which was a comfortable safe for CG and another half chance from outside the box  - but again, pretty comfortable for CG. St J offered very little in an attacking sense last night - you can tell they are a team well devoid of confidence.

18 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Wrexham are favourites to land him.

12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Who we dropping for the attacking midfielders?  Not being cheeky jusy wondered your rationale here

The attacking midfielder is an anomaly I feel. I’m not sure how I’m our set up an AM could operate. The back 3 works, the wing backs work, the two shielding central midfielders work. That means we have 3 spots available, so either we have two AM’s and a forward (which leaves us very narrow with only the wing backs providing width), or we play with 1 AM and 2 forwards (again leaving us narrow) or we play with a front 3, including a forward and two wingers/inside forwards. So not sure where the AM fits in. Yes, might be good to have the option to change it up again, but the formation that’s gotten us 8 points clear in 3rd doesn’t really cater for the AM (unless we don’t have a forward and play a front 3 of two wingers and an AM).

25 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Ah Barry Bannan and Calum Paterson, of course they get brought up every window. Bannan will never happen under current policy, and I think people need to look at how Paterson has played in recent seasons rather than how he was with us or initially with Cardiff. He would be expensive and not really good in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The attacking midfielder is an anomaly I feel. I’m not sure how I’m our set up an AM could operate. The back 3 works, the wing backs work, the two shielding central midfielders work. That means we have 3 spots available, so either we have two AM’s and a forward (which leaves us very narrow with only the wing backs providing width), or we play with 1 AM and 2 forwards (again leaving us narrow) or we play with a front 3, including a forward and two wingers/inside forwards. So not sure where the AM fits in. Yes, might be good to have the option to change it up again, but the formation that’s gotten us 8 points clear in 3rd doesn’t really cater for the AM (unless we don’t have a forward and play a front 3 of two wingers and an AM).

I quite like the 3-4-1-2 formation now we have Atkinson in.

In the right circumstances where we will have teams pinned back and Cochrane and Atkinson will spend the majority of the time in the opposition half giving us attacking width, I'd like the 2 strikers plus an AM giving us greater threat in and around the box.

Wouldn't work every game but I'd like Robbie to have that option.

McEneff gives us that choice but unfortunately Gnanduillet wasn't the man to partner Boyce.

Maybe Ginelly could do that, or the top class striker that's due any time soon........

7 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I quite like the 3-4-1-2 formation now we have Atkinson in.

In the right circumstances where we will have teams pinned back and Cochrane and Atkinson will spend the majority of the time in the opposition half giving us attacking width, I'd like the 2 strikers plus an AM giving us greater threat in and around the box.

Wouldn't work every game but I'd like Robbie to have that option.

McEneff gives us that choice but unfortunately Gnanduillet wasn't the man to partner Boyce.

Maybe Ginelly could do that, or the top class striker that's due any time soon........

If we’re going to play two up top in that formation then the two need to be mobile and roaming. I can’t see Boyce being able to do that. McKay might be able to be one of them, Woodburn too or Ginnelly, but even if we have a winger/AM as one of the two forwards we’d need a forward who is as comfortable playing centrally as they are on the wind and running channels. Sounds like Ogashiwa may be that target, but right now we don’t have a forward like that.

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ah Barry Bannan and Calum Paterson, of course they get brought up every window. Bannan will never happen under current policy, and I think people need to look at how Paterson has played in recent seasons rather than how he was with us or initially with Cardiff. He would be expensive and not really good in my opinion.

With the Atkinson signing and Smith extending, I think we can firmly put the Paterson link to bed, unless he was to go up front as a replacement for Gnando

3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

With the Atkinson signing and Smith extending, I think we can firmly put the Paterson link to bed, unless he was to go up front as a replacement for Gnando

That's where he plays for Sheffield Wed

2 hours ago, Chimp said:

Think you're thinking of Adebayo? Who ended up signing for Luton

We were heavily linked with Obafemi on loan from Southampton in the summer, but they sold him to Swansea. Adebayo was the January window last season. He went to Luton and we ended up signing Gnanduillet. 

image.thumb.png.460b436f58187c61b458cb8d22e2caba.png

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If we’re going to play two up top in that formation then the two need to be mobile and roaming. I can’t see Boyce being able to do that. McKay might be able to be one of them, Woodburn too or Ginnelly, but even if we have a winger/AM as one of the two forwards we’d need a forward who is as comfortable playing centrally as they are on the wind and running channels. Sounds like Ogashiwa may be that target, but right now we don’t have a forward like that.

This is the same Boyce that people moan about dropping too deep?

Boyce gets about a bit and does plenty of running.

The 2 up top would allow him to drop off with a partner who can retain a presence up front and a CAM who can get forward and make runs beyond. I don't think it's the best formation for every game but I like it as a change and it gives McEneff a potential role other than impact sub.

As things stand there is no real position for Aaron in the current set up and if we are looking at another CAM (rumoured yesterday, might be pish) we need a way to deploy them

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

We were heavily linked with Obafemi on loan from Southampton in the summer, but they sold him to Swansea. Adebayo was the January window last season. He went to Luton and we ended up signing Gnanduillet. 

image.thumb.png.460b436f58187c61b458cb8d22e2caba.png

That's some difficult reading right there.

5 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

That's some difficult reading right there.

Can’t have been easy getting someone in for The Championship. Our budget likely a fair bit smaller and players reluctant to play in that league. 

19 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Paterson is a forward these days. Personally one that I wouldn’t be willing to splash the wages on. We can do better I feel.

6 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

This is the same Boyce that people moan about dropping too deep?

Boyce gets about a bit and does plenty of running.

The 2 up top would allow him to drop off with a partner who can retain a presence up front and a CAM who can get forward and make runs beyond. I don't think it's the best formation for every game but I like it as a change and it gives McEneff a potential role other than impact sub.

As things stand there is no real position for Aaron in the current set up and if we are looking at another CAM (rumoured yesterday, might be pish) we need a way to deploy them

I think the lack of game time McEneff has had is less to do with his performances (played well most of the time when given the opportunity) and more to do with the preferred formation. As for Boyce, I like him, as I say one of the first on the team sheet for me, BUT that being said he is immobile. Dropping deep is one thing, but it’s kinda pointless when you dally on the ball and take 6 touches before passing it, at which point the opposition defence has reorganised. I’m not saying these things as a criticism of the guy, it’s simply not his game to do all the running into channels, pull defenders out of position etc, he’s a poacher. And that’s fine. It’s just not conducive for fast paced attacks, especially if playing narrow with two up top. In my humble opinion of course.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

From last night's team, Haring or Devlin. In games at home v the likes of St. J we need more attack minded players and definitely someone to drive down middle like McKay did. 

Not sure Obafemi was "heavily linked" at any point. One (not particularly reliable) source mentioned him here and people picked it up and ran with it.

It's possible we were in for him but considering he went for £1.5-2m it seems unlikely it was ever much of a prospect. Seems to be struggling for games these days though.

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

From last night's team, Haring or Devlin. In games at home v the likes of St. J we need more attack minded players and definitely someone to drive down middle like McKay did. 

For me it would be Devlin....don't get why everyone goes overboard about him...gets about the pitch and makes a nuisance of himself but is very limited after that. Got into a couple of good positions last night then shit his pants....hardly ever passes forward unlike Haring who's range of passing is top drawer....

1 hour ago, 8skacel8 said:

Bannan is on north of £20k per week with 18 months left on his contract. Complete non starter 

1 hour ago, 8skacel8 said:

If we swapped Gnando for Paterson, that we’d need to go ahead and get Savage a bloody statue. 

Unless Paterson is choking to get home, I’d be surprised to see this happen tbh. Although would love to see it. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Agreed but we played it slightly differently in the 2nd half last night, McKay went inside as a false 9 and Ginnelly moved wide which gave Barrie more space and we looked Liverpool there in a few moments. Have to give the coaching team credit for that change. 
It’s hard enough for McEneff to get in the team just now without another AM, hence why it’s two forwards we are after. 

12 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

For me it would be Devlin....don't get why everyone goes overboard about him...gets about the pitch and makes a nuisance of himself but is very limited after that. Got into a couple of good positions last night then shit his pants....hardly ever passes forward unlike Haring who's range of passing is top drawer....

I really like Cammy and his attitude and how he approaches the game, but, if I had a gripe with him, it would be that whenever he's given the ball - he's facing backwards. I know he has the 'dirty' job of breaking up play and closing players down... I just wish he would take a chance facing forward more often. Love the guy though, he's slotted in very well. But I get your point.

Pasquale for King
Just now, OTT said:

If we swapped Gnando for Paterson, that we’d need to go ahead and get Savage a bloody statue. 

Unless Paterson is choking to get home, I’d be surprised to see this happen tbh. Although would love to see it. 

Still only 27 😱

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed but we played it slightly differently in the 2nd half last night, McKay went inside as a false 9 and Ginnelly moved wide which gave Barrie more space and we looked Liverpool there in a few moments. Have to give the coaching team credit for that change. 
It’s hard enough for McEneff to get in the team just now without another AM, hence why it’s two forwards we are after. 

Definitely need one of the front three to have a license to roam, and McKay is the obvious candidate for that

13 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Heard tonight a bid had been accepted for Gnanduillet and he was away discussing terms. Should be in the papers next day or two 

This guy kens 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Not sure Obafemi was "heavily linked" at any point. One (not particularly reliable) source mentioned him here and people picked it up and ran with it.

It's possible we were in for him but considering he went for £1.5-2m it seems unlikely it was ever much of a prospect. Seems to be struggling for games these days though.

I think it was a loan at best we were after, must’ve been. 

Pasquale for King

Definitely need one of the front three to have a license to roam, and McKay is the obvious candidate for that

I think GMS might enjoy a spell further wide also, especially in a game like last night when we need to stretch teams. I think if we get one striker in that’s good at converting crosses we will be flying. 

8 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

This guy kens 

I would be more interested in what plans we have to replace him and who that is likely to be and when. We need players in asap.

That was a good result last night and even taking into account it was the first game back after the shutdown we were less than convincing.

Not taking anything away from the two great well worked goals but some of ourt play against the bottom club left a lot to be desired.

Had we been playing anyone else in the league we would have struggled to get a win.

15 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I really like Cammy and his attitude and how he approaches the game, but, if I had a gripe with him, it would be that whenever he's given the ball - he's facing backwards. I know he has the 'dirty' job of breaking up play and closing players down... I just wish he would take a chance facing forward more often. Love the guy though, he's slotted in very well. But I get your point.

I wish he would try and play more forward passes and stop having chats with oppostion player and patting them on the back and generally getting up the nose of refs.

He has a great workrate and plays with a smile on his face which is nice to see but he still has a lot to learn.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal