** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Carl Fredrickson
26 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

William Prunier is the assistant manager at Le Mans, I'm sure he was a friend of big Gilles Rousset and may well have had a trial or loan spell at Tynecastle around 98, could have a bit of a French connection going ah weee

Played in a reserve game at fester road (I wasted a half day to go to it). IIRC he was on Man Utds books but he didnt look upto our standard at the time.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Just now, GinRummy said:

Not asking you to reveal it but do you know the name?

Never mind names, we need to know the level of… ah, never mind

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, HMFC_France said:

Robbie talked on pre-game about some covid cases on the club. Perhaps he's one of them.

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Covid

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Thijs Dallinga

25 goals in 21 games in the Dutch 2nd tier? No bad stats that. Only joined them 6 months ago though, so doubt they’d let him go for cheap.

11 hours ago, jbee647 said:

This is a must

or in six months we will be in another Souttar scenario 

don’t mess about Hearts get it sorted

our better players should never have less than 18 months on there contracts

if they don’t want to sign, we should consider selling 

He will be in same boat as Soapy at this time next year. He will not sign a new contract and will wait to see what other offers he gets. He came to us with a massive pay cut to put himself in the window. Just like  Kingsley and Halkett , If he gets no offers next January then he might re sign. Foolish of him to do otherwise. Kingsley and Halkett obviously did not get any or adequate offers so re signed with us. All this we should be offering contracts with 18 months to go?  Nonsense. What if he got a career ending injury or long term injury ala Souttar?  Then we are on the hook yet again and management would be getting pelters for signing them. There is no perfect scenario either. I am just venting my frustration on this point. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, Canscot said:

He will be in same boat as Soapy at this time next year. He will not sign a new contract and will wait to see what other offers he gets. He came to us with a massive pay cut to put himself in the window. Just like  Kingsley and Halkett , If he gets no offers next January then he might re sign. Foolish of him to do otherwise. Kingsley and Halkett obviously did not get any or adequate offers so re signed with us. All this we should be offering contracts with 18 months to go?  Nonsense. What if he got a career ending injury or long term injury ala Souttar?  Then we are on the hook yet again and management would be getting pelters for signing them. There is no perfect scenario either. I am just venting my frustration on this point. 

To be fair he had been unemployed for at least 2 months by the time he signed for us.  So a pay rise really…😉

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, CAR said:

Now that's interesting

Guess or ITK?

😂

No chance.

The form he is in a top league team will buy him for a couple of mill just to see if they can develop him and keep him away from other teams.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

To be fair he had been unemployed for at least 2 months by the time he signed for us.  So a pay rise really…😉

Ok. Got me there but my main point still stands. He will be looking at offers come this time next year and will be offski if we cannot or will not match the best offer. Just like Soapy and many more to come.  Unless there are none and that by default makes our offer his best👍

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Ok. Got me there but my main point still stands. He will be looking at offers come this time next year and will be offski if we cannot or will not match the best offer. Just like Soapy and many more to come.  Unless there are none and that by default makes our offer his best👍

To be honest though if he gets an offer in summer it will be a decent one for us but unlikely to be a top club - just a rich one.

Hopefully Europe will mean we’ll retain and extend Barrie.

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

😂

No chance.

The form he is in a top league team will buy him for a couple of mill just to see if they can develop him and keep him away from other teams.

Strongly doubt it too, especially as his club, Excelsior, is a feeder team for Feyenoord. So unlikely they'd let any of their players be snapped up for lower fees if they're performing so well.

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’m guessing but I think hearts are ready to spend decent money on a striker. Won’t be a cheap striker we’ll get.

Getting that feeling as well. 

Interested to see who we bring in. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, savage said:

We had a bald headed centre half called prunier, think it could be him

We did, never played for us, played twice for Man U, 3 times for Napoli. Good lad. 

455964F9-C511-49D0-96C1-2F5053290FCE.jpeg

Thumb Up Emoji
12 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’m guessing but I think hearts are ready to spend decent money on a striker. Won’t be a cheap striker we’ll get.

This. We offered a substantial bid for Ogashiwa which we were told was his release clause amount - unfortunately his agent was wrong and it only applied to J-League teams. Sadly Celtic have driven up the price for players in that league now.

I definitely think we have money to spend for the right player.

1 minute ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

This. We offered a substantial bid for Ogashiwa which we were told was his release clause amount - unfortunately his agent was wrong and it only applied to J-League teams. Sadly Celtic have driven up the price for players in that league now.

So are we finished in the Asian market?

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I thought Devin had a howler first half. Looked like he didnt know what to do when he got the ball and took too long deciding. 2nd half much better. I love the wee guy and I know we didnt sign him for his goal scoring record but I did think he shat his pants when in positions to have a pop a goal. Maybe first day back nerves or something. Anyway, that aside, overall I though he did well. 

His parents were at the game. Maybe he was a wee bit nervous about that. He did mess up a few times but I thought he played well. 🤷‍♀️

Thumb Up Emoji
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

So are we finished in the Asian market?

Finished with that player, I'm led to believe.

2 minutes ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Is the deal for Ogashiwa definitely dead? I was hoping that we would get him towards the end of the month if another club didn't come in for him. It was just a hunch of mine. 

Just now, Thumb Up Emoji said:

Finished with that player, I'm led to believe.

So what’s the chances of an Asian signing this window??

Thumb Up Emoji
2 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Is the deal for Ogashiwa definitely dead? I was hoping that we would get him towards the end of the month if another club didn't come in for him. It was just a hunch of mine. 

I believe Celtic have noted interest in him now; whether or not they actually are is a different matter. So I'd find it unlikely he'd sign for us now. This is exactly why we don't want leaks to happen.

24 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

To be honest though if he gets an offer in summer it will be a decent one for us but unlikely to be a top club - just a rich one.

Hopefully Europe will mean we’ll retain and extend Barrie.

Agreed. This summer would be a good time for us to cash in. One year remaining on his contract would mean a serious offer. If not then we are in same boat as with Soapy though. 
personally O would prefer us to push the boat out to keep him if he keeps his form up all season. But it will take a big offer imo. 

12 hours ago, jbee647 said:

This is a must

or in six months we will be in another Souttar scenario 

don’t mess about Hearts get it sorted

our better players should never have less than 18 months on there contracts

if they don’t want to sign, we should consider selling 

So you think we should offer Barrie McKay a contract extension now, and if he turns it down, we should sell him immediately? 

38 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Qualify for Europe in third and we get £3mil straight away. It's worth pushing the boat out and getting a top striker. What's 1 million on a striker when he earns you 2?

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Qualify for Europe in third and we get £3mil straight away. It's worth pushing the boat out and getting a top striker. What's 1 million on a striker when he earns you 2?

It’s the old problem. The more you pay for a player the bigger the wage they expect. It’s like people that spend all their money on an expensive second hand car and then discover they can’t afford to service it. 

Edited by Tazio

Just now, Sertse said:

Is that on the proviso that a team in the top 3 win the SC 🏆 ?

As I understand it, if one of the top 3 wins the Scottish, the team in 3rd goes into the last qualifying round of the Europa League and if that fails - drop into group stages of Conference league. 

Agree. It’s a prize worth pushing for. We absolutely have to strengthen from a position of strength. 

15 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Is that on the proviso that a team in the top 3 win the SC 🏆 ?

As I understand it, if one of the top 3 wins the Scottish, the team in 3rd goes into the last qualifying round of the Europa League and if that fails - drop into group stages of Conference league. 

Agree. It’s a prize worth pushing for. We absolutely have to strengthen from a position of strength. 

That's correct mate.

3million guaranteed for UEFA Conference. On top of that, teams receive,

"A victory in the group pays €500,000 and a draw €166,000. Also, each group winner earns €650,000 and each runner-up €325,000".

Not forgetting our prize money for a 3rd place finish which stands at £2.06million. 

Worth over 5million for finishing 3rd this season, it is definitely worth paying for quality to make sure it happens.

21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s the old problem. The more you pay for a player the bigger the wage they expect. It’s like people that spend all their money on an expensive second hand car and then discover they can’t afford to service it. 

Depends where you shop. Look at our league. You can throw a few million at a player from Aberdeen, Livingston, Hibs or what have you and you’ll double their wages but that still puts them on around £7-£8k pw. Not huge amounts.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

We will have a better idea after our next four games as to if we are cemented into third place in the league.

Celtic

Motherwell

Hibs 

Rangers

Potential 12 points and we will be doing well to get 6 from those I think with our current group of players.

I want at least 9, beat celtic and Motherwell at home again. 

Win at ER. 

We are also due a win v rangers, **** it 12/12

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's correct mate.

"A victory in the group pays €500,000 and a draw €166,000. Also, each group winner earns €650,000 and each runner-up €325,000".

Not forgetting our prize money for a 3rd place finish which stands at £2.06million. 

Worth over 5million for finishing 3rd this season, it is definitely worth paying for quality to make sure it happens.

Wow. I didn’t realise those were the numbers. The club should absolutely push the boat out to not only seal 3rd, but get as close to 2nd as possible.  I’m not saying we will catch either of the OF, but it’s better to aim high. 

Investing significantly in the first team is an investment worth making 😎

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

Wow. I didn’t realise those were the numbers. The club should absolutely push the boat out to not only seal 3rd, but get as close to 2nd as possible.  I’m not saying we will catch either of the OF, but it’s better to aim high. 

Investing significantly in the first team is an investment worth making 😎

Defo mate. Even if it is getting players in now to bed them in for next season. Plus, if there's players out there doing well now and we notice them early, we may get in there ahead of more attractive options in the summer. 

As someone said though, we should of course make sure we get the right players and if we can't, there is no reason to piss away cash merely for the sake of it.

19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's correct mate.

Firstly, that European money is only guaranteed for 3rd place if the Scottish Cup is won by one of the top 3. If someone outside the top 3 wins it, they get the guaranteed group stage place and the money that goes with it.  Secondly, it's all very well saying 3rd place is worth £2.06m of SPFL prize money, but that's only £250k more than what 4th place gets and only £940k more than what 12th gets. If an expensive striker is the difference between 3rd and 4th, that might only be a £250k benefit in financial terms. 

21 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

21 points to secure it, we don't need to spend a penny unnecessarily and we won't 

Rather more than that as it stands. 

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

Firstly, that European money is only guaranteed for 3rd place if the Scottish Cup is won by one of the top 3. If someone outside the top 3 wins it, they get the guaranteed group stage place and the money that goes with it.  Secondly, it's all very well saying 3rd place is worth £2.06m of SPFL prize money, but that's only £250k more than what 4th place gets and only £940k more than what 12th gets. If an expensive striker is the difference between 3rd and 4th, that might only be a £250k benefit in financial terms. 

Yup all true. The chance of anyone outside the OF winning the SC Cup is slim, however, there is always a chance as we saw last season especially if the OF draw each other before the final. 

250k though is a 4k a week player mate. 250k we wouldn’t otherwise have. 

3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Plus if we push the boat out for a striker who costs a big fee then the player will end up probably being highest paid at the club then before you know it agents are knocking on the door wanting more money for their players already at the club 

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yup all true. The chance of anyone outside the OF winning the SC Cup is slim, however, there is always a chance as we saw last season especially if the OF draw each other before the final. 

250k though is a 4k a week player mate. 250k we wouldn’t otherwise have. 

5 out of the last 10 Scottish Cups have been won by a team outwith the top 3 so it's not too slim a chance. Definitely a good bit better than a 50/50 in reality especially as Rangers have improved but shows it's not that unlikely.

1 hour ago, Thumb Up Emoji said:

I believe Celtic have noted interest in him now; whether or not they actually are is a different matter. So I'd find it unlikely he'd sign for us now. This is exactly why we don't want leaks to happen.

Your leaking info though….someone must have leaked it to you?

5 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Mckay has been great for us but it will be far easier getting him tied down than Souttar proved to be.I think like Kingsley and Halkett he will actually want to stay.He has played the bit part player most of his career so far until Hearts so I can see him wanting to stay.

Quite possibly true but there would be no harm in trying to get him tied with a new deal asap.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

How many attackers do Celtic ****ing want? I don’t believe they are interested in this lad.

Ange will have known about him way more than our scouts anyway and would have moved from him earlier if he wanted him.

Sounds like a load of pish.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

11 days left and not a sniff of a new player apart from Atkinson who’ll still need to settle into a different kind of football. Just contract renewals apart from that. Leaving it till the last minute again. Can’t see us getting anyone else apart from a possible striker. Hendo is back yeh, but we surely need a centre forward that can score. Can’t see it this window TBH. 

Unless we are going for someone on the free transfer again? Only other possibility?

40 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

11 days left and not a sniff of a new player apart from Atkinson who’ll still need to settle into a different kind of football. Just contract renewals apart from that. Leaving it till the last minute again. Can’t see us getting anyone else apart from a possible striker. Hendo is back yeh, but we surely need a centre forward that can score. Can’t see it this window TBH. 

Unless we are going for someone on the free transfer again? Only other possibility?

2/3rds of the way through the window, still got 11 days left.

Plenty time to get things over the line

January is always a tougher window to recruit, most teams are halfway through a season and don't want to weaken themselves before they have a replacement

Have faith that we will get some players in.

If not then it's better than panic buying trash again though

6 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

2/3rds of the way through the window, still got 11 days left.

Plenty time to get things over the line

January is always a tougher window to recruit, most teams are halfway through a season and don't want to weaken themselves before they have a replacement

Have faith that we will get some players in.

If not then it's better than panic buying trash again though

True. We know what happens when we do that. Just hope we get a striker in. We really need a centre forward with goal scoring abilities. 

1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Mate have a bit of faith sure there will be good news soon still plenty of time to get players in 👍 KTF

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal