** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why wouldn't we play him if he's still here???

Have Rangers dropped Goldson?

Have Chelsea dropped Rudiger?

Have they signed with rivals?

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Allan Hutton, Liam Miller? Billy Gilmour 🤷🏻‍♂️

Van Dijk, Armstrong, Eduoard, Wanyama....etc...

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

It's most certainly not ambitious. Any professional player choosing to play in the SPFL when better leagues are on offer isn't ambitious. They're seeking the easy life imo 

Exactly, it’s all about easy money & medals ala Scott Brown. 

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Homme said:

I'd go to Rangers too over English Championship run of the mill shit.

Playing in CL, guaranteed Scotland caps, good wage, trophies.

It'll stick in the craw a bit seeing him in blue but Soapy has never been irreplaceable. We've lost far more important players to the OF over the years.

Delusional about the gulf in money and professional standard of football.  

Andy Robertson moved to a pretty run of the mill Steve Bruce type championship team and is now on probably something like £150k a week. That’s 10x OF wages, Scotland captaincy and instead of being a whipping boy in the champions league (Scottish clubs) he is competing to win champions leagues.

But I suppose it depends on your own belief in yourself as a player. Whether you believe you can play at the top level and be a great Scotland player like Robertson and Mcginn, or whether you’re happy just having a bang average / shite career like a scott brown type. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why wouldn't we play him if he's still here???

Have Rangers dropped Goldson?

Have Chelsea dropped Rudiger?

They haven’t signed for anyone else. The point is if he signs a pre-contract with one of our competitors we should move on and not develop him any further. And your examples aren’t being linked with clubs in the leagues they are playing. Those like myself suggesting he should be dropped if he signs a pre-contract with Rangers are not saying he should be dropped if he signs a pre-contract with a club down south.

49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apart from Tierney what other player from the uglies have went to a bigger team in the EPL?

Was going to ask this myself I cannot remember a player leaving the old firm to a Liverpool , Man Utd , Chelsea. 

10 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Andy Robertson moved to a pretty run of the mill Steve Bruce type championship team and is now on probably something like £150k a week. That’s 10x OF wages, Scotland captaincy and instead of being a whipping boy in the champions league (Scottish clubs) he is competing to win champions leagues.

But I suppose it depends on your own belief in yourself as a player. Whether you believe you can play at the top level and be a great Scotland player like Robertson and Mcginn, or whether you’re happy just having a bang average / shite career like a scott brown type. 

He's on less than half that..

This time yesterday Halkett’s extension was announced already. Walker’s departure was announced 6pm. Usually departures announcements are determined by when purchasing team want to announce. IF we are to announce an extension for Kingsley (or anyone else) today, what time do we reckon? 3pm?

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If he has any ambition then moving south is the way to go, moving to either of the uglies or being injured won’t get him a move. He’s not as good as the players that have went south from Glasgow.
We are all assuming his injury problems are behind him, as he still hasn’t played 20 games on the trot for us and probably never will, it’s a big assumption.

I’m actually sick of talking about him and we should be moving on from players that want to leave.  

I’d imagine, given his injuries, that his ambition is to guarantee the financial future and stability of himself and his family. I doubt whether the club he does this at is as important as the financials. If the financials from all of the competing clubs are similar, which it appears they are, then for the remaining period of his career ( one game to 4/5 years is the range) the obvious place for him to go is Ibrox or Parkhead.  Anyone suggesting he will go down to the championship and then be bought by a premier league club is being extremely optimistic.   Folks on here talking about ambition etc need to think about it by putting themselves in his shoes and then thinking about what they would do.  Money, trophies, international caps, European football every season, etc are much more likely at only one of the clubs seemingly interested in him. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yeah there’s loads but I was only putting names of the ones I could think that went to the top teams, your Man United Spurs Chelsea’s of the league. 

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Using 1 player from the hundreds going the Championship route really backs up your arguement.

Maybe he could do a Tierney or Paterson and move to EPL via the OF. Countless other examples of players doing it that way - not just Scottish ones.

19 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Club policy should be that no one plays for Hearts after signing a pre-contract with another club.

Agreed, force the hand of the buying club. Maybe Soutar is the example we can use to set the precedent. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Exactly.  Nothing against the lad, really in acutal life, if he goes to Rangers or otherwise.  He seems a particularly nice guy actually.

HOWEEEEEVER. Football isn't rational and I'm certainly not when football is concerned (or sausages, I lose my shit over sausages.  And boobs).  So he goes to Rangers, he's dead to me and I want them to fail with him in their team.  Fail horribly.  Liquidation please.

The point you make is the crux for me though.  I want Hearts - my club, our club who I want to challenge the OF - to make it very very clear that we aren't a feeder club to Glasgow.  You want to deal with us about one of our players?  Ok, it'll be on our terms.  Meet them or jog on.  The rest of Scottish football can lick the OF groin, but na, you're our competition and dealing with us will never be easy on or off the park.

All I got from that is you lose your mind over Bangers and boobies! 

, 🤣

15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

They haven’t signed for anyone else. The point is if he signs a pre-contract with one of our competitors we should move on and not develop him any further. And your examples aren’t being linked with clubs in the leagues they are playing. Those like myself suggesting he should be dropped if he signs a pre-contract with Rangers are not saying he should be dropped if he signs a pre-contract with a club down south.

We're not competing with Rangers for the Premiership so for me he plays. I think Hearts will see it the same way, if he stays and actually signs a pre contract with Rangers. If anything he's likely to perform better against Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen to ingratiate himself to the Huns. Perhaps why he absolutely smashed Griffiths.....

27 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's a bit of black/white view.

Savage may well do the negotiating but he will have parameters within which to work.

Indeed,  completely agree.  The point was about who negotiated with the players or agents.  

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Blackburn and Forest and even Burnley ? Are they winning worthwhile trophies or getting into The Champions league ? Is Souttar provenly good enough to play at the top end of the EPL ? No he isn’t. He probably never will be.

Make yer mind up. 

A few posts back you said he could move from The Rangers to

Man Utd. 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We're not competing with Rangers for the Premiership so for me he plays. I think Hearts will see it the same way, if he stays and actually signs a pre contract with Rangers. If anything he's likely to perform better against Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen to ingratiate himself to the Huns. Perhaps why he absolutely smashed Griffiths.....

No but games against them could potentially be crucial with regard them winning the league and/or us getting to Europe.

Personally I’m undecided on what should happen to him if he signs a pre contract with them and understand both sides of the argument. 

The only thing I’m disappointed with is his loyalty to a club that have stood by him for 2-3 years when he was injured. He should have had shown loyalty to the club who stuck by him giving them an extra 12 months with an agreed price where he could speak to other clubs or we got another full season (injuries permitting) and he was free to go at that time.

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It would be a bad move to play him for Hearts again if he signs a pre contract at Rangers in January. He will get boos, pelters and ill feeling from the Hearts fans as will the manager. Wouldn’t even have him on the bench at the stadium. If he wants to both go to Rangers and keep playing this season, he needs to be negotiating with Hearts to get himself sold now. Pre contract down south and he can keep playing but if it’s Gers, Moore slots in to the starting 11 with Smith the backup and John training on his own for the rest of the season. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, merseyjambo said:

No but games against them could potentially be crucial with regard them winning the league and/or us getting to Europe.

Personally I’m undecided on what should happen to him if he signs a pre contract with them and understand both sides of the argument. 

The only thing I’m disappointed with is his loyalty to a club that have stood by him for 2-3 years when he was injured. He should have had shown loyalty to the club who stuck by him giving them an extra 12 months with an agreed price where he could speak to other clubs or we got another full season (injuries permitting) and he was free to go at that time.

I share in your disappointment at his lack of loyalty to us. He had nothing to lose by Signing on another 12 months. He would still have been able to move

33 minutes ago, Homme said:

Using 1 player from the hundreds going the Championship route really backs up your arguement.

Maybe he could do a Tierney or Paterson and move to EPL via the OF. Countless other examples of players doing it that way - not just Scottish ones.

It's like the Jamie Vardy argument every time we are linked with some diddy in the Northern Premier.

40 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Oooft, take that!..... bang on though.

15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I don’t see it the same way. I see a player that’s already achieved what he wants, has a history of injuries and would not want to hamper the new start with a club by picking up another one. I see a player who’d be less committed and focused on achieving things for Hearts. Just need to look at teams that win everything and then lose the motivation they once had and they drop off, Celtic for example.

For the reasons stated above I’d rather he just leave now rather than sign a pre-contract with anyone. But from a competitor point of view, yes we’re not competing with Rangers now - but the club’s goal is to eventually do that. We’re already up against shady bookkeeping and the likes that they can buy up titles, so last thing we need to do is assist them more by developing players for them. What’s the point of having Souttar in the side to help us finish 3rd, for him to go off and sleep in Glasgow for a few years picking up medals but we get the European place but end up getting papped out at the qualification stage because we’ve spent the last half of our season letting a player now with a rival keep his fitness levels up?

Holyrood_Hearts
40 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Absolutely this!

JS (like a lot of Scottish players) seeing moving to Glasgow as the pinnacle of your career-usually with some boyhood heroes line thrown in by the Scottish media.

If he had any ambition, he’d follow Robertson & McGinn’s footsteps and seeing if he can make it there & earn himself a bigger move. 

Choosing Rangers is the lazy/easy option, no need to move house. Almost guaranteed a cup and/or a league title this season. European football straight away although it won't be for long. Wouldn't have to work as hard to get success. Can see why he'd choose that. But **** me I hope he goes down south, cannot stand the zombies. Instant hatred for the boy if he goes there 😡😡

He shouldn’t play against rangers if he signs a pre-contract with him. What if he goes for a 50/50, does he risk injuring himself or risk injuring his new team mate. What if rangers need the 3 points to clinch the title? 

Can we maybe have a "Greetin, moaning, mouth foaming about all things Souttar"  thread and get this one back on topic ?

Whens the 2 strikers arriving  ?  

46 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

None of them went onto bigger clubs.. the 'old firm' are the biggest clubs on the face of the planet n nat likesey but ye ken naw!

A_A wehatethehibs

Do folk know that the average wage in the English championship is £35,000 a week? 

The highest earner in then championship is reportedly on £75,000 a week

Average at Celtic - £17,000 a week

Average at Rangers - £12,500 a week 

If Moore has intimated that he would be willing to sign and a deal is possible, then he should be playing in Souttar's position from here on out. 

He needs high profile games in his natural position to see if he's up for it. He's passed his tests so far.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So if Kingsley does sign to at least 2024, it means for the next two and a half seasons we have:

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett    Kingsley    ?

?           Devlin   Beningime    ?

?              ?

Imagine any new striker (unless on loan) will be at least a 2 and a half year contract. So we are building a strong team which has some stability contract wise that allows us to build. If we can sign Cochrane up permanently and take Moore then we have a strong defence.  

Why are you changing us to 4-4-2?

We play 3-4-3.

Re other posts…

Souttar - what if he moves to rangers and that results in the best commercial result for us?

Do we really care that much who he plays for if he isn’t playing for us?

If Souttar plays for rangers against us is he going to be the key player that decides the game in Rangers favour? My view is no - I don’t really care.

If he moves he moves. I don’t care where. If there is a move that is best for us financially and that move is rangers then I am happy with that move.

Souttar at Rangers will never make a difference as to how close we finish to Rangers - any rage about it is invented due to tribalism.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He shouldn’t play against rangers if he signs a pre-contract with him. What if he goes for a 50/50, does he risk injuring himself or risk injuring his new team mate. What if rangers need the 3 points to clinch the title? 

I see your point but the way I see it is he's our player until he isn't, therefore as a professional he should have the integrity to give his best in every remaining game he plays for us. That includes Rangers.

Be a professional and play your best for the club that is still paying your wages. If that means helping stop rangers in a potential title clinching game then so be it. 

17 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I share in your disappointment at his lack of loyalty to us. He had nothing to lose by Signing on another 12 months. He would still have been able to move

Nothing to lose but a significant chunk of money.  Signing another contract was always the very expensive option. 

4 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Can we maybe have a "Greetin, moaning, mouth foaming about all things Souttar"  thread and get this one back on topic ?

Whens the 2 strikers arriving  ?  

Hopefully a centre back to keep them company. New contract for Kingsley would be good as well. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Do folk know that the average wage in the English championship is £35,000 a week? 

The highest earner in then championship is reportedly on £75,000 a week

Average at Celtic - £17,000 a week

Average at Rangers - £12,500 a week 

Massively inflated by a a few clubs tho. 

For example villa had a annual wage bill not far of £100m when they were in it.  A few players on really daft money also  drives it up. 

The average therefore becomes misleading. 

Driven by a clutch of recently relegated clubs paying epl salaries. 

3 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

I see your point but the way I see it is he's our player until he isn't, therefore as a professional he should have the integrity to give his best in every remaining game he plays for us. That includes Rangers.

Be a professional and play your best for the club that is still paying your wages. If that means helping stop rangers in a potential title clinching game then so be it. 

In an ideal world aye. Remember when he went through Leigh Griffiths the other week? Do you think he’d do the same to Morelos after he’s signed a pre-contract?

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Massively inflated by a a few clubs tho. 

For example villa had a annual wage bill not far of £100m when they were in it.  A few players on really daft money also  drives it up. 

The average therefore becomes misleading. 

Driven by a clutch of recently relegated clubs paying epl salaries. 

Yep but doesn’t get you away from the fact that the highest paid player at Rangers, Morelos, is on 15 grand a week less than a bang average Charlie Austin at QPR 

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Very chap!  Absolute hero of a man.

Aye, maybe ... but not a patch on yer namesake. Hopefully, our next signing will have us all dancin' & groovin' around our living rooms to this:-

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hopefully a centre back to keep them company. New contract for Kingsley would be good as well. 

Definitely, got to hope Kingsley is a done deal...just waiting for it to be announced.

Yeah CB as well  !!

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Aye, maybe ... but not a patch on yer namesake. Hopefully, our next signing will have us all dancin' & groovin' around our living rooms to this:-

In dreams!

They're both very much up there for me, in truth.  Love Adam Ant.  Kinda want to be him a bit.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

In an ideal world aye. Remember when he went through Leigh Griffiths the other week? Do you think he’d do the same to Morelos after he’s signed a pre-contract?

As you say in an ideal world ..  

What if taking Morelos out helped clinch points for us to secure third? Would like to think he'd do it then..  

I'd prefer Souttar to head for england if he wants to leave.  However, I've always thought rangers or celtic might be in his best interests.  He would earn multiple times his current salary.  He would get a shot at champions league.  Playing for a team expected to win everything they play in is experience that would serve most players well.  Crucially, I think scottish teams would be more aware of his injury history, as well as his talent, and the of could probably afford to manage his game time better than a championship team.  Also more scotland apps likely.  

I hate losing players to them too, but let's be realistic.  Rangers would not be a bad move for him.

Just now, muldoon74 said:

As you say in an ideal world ..  

What if taking Morelos out helped clinch points for us to secure third? Would like to think he'd do it then..  

That’s my point exactly. Nobody knows except him if he feels compromised playing against them and I doubt he’d tell our coaches if he did. Not playing him leaves us 11 committed players on the pitch. (Well 10 if GMS plays) 😂 that was a joke btw 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic