Huge Test for Robbie Neilson

lost in space

42 minutes ago, Gambo said:

A big test for coming up for Neilson will be the league game at Parkhead in a few weeks time to see if he can have us competing in Glasgow from the first minute.

Did well to come back today in 2nd half but we can't keep going to Glasgow and not turning up for 45mins and hope to come away with something.

Maybe we couldn't  compete with an on form Rangers in the first half.

This didn't turn up pish really grinds my gears.

We were outplayed by a a very good team in the first half dug in and nicked a point at the end.

Quality off the bench was the factors in the 2nd half.

Let's give the current champions some credit for negating our best players in the first half, it's not all about Hearts all the time .

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• JimmyCant

• Gambo

• lost in space

i wish jj was my dad
41 minutes ago, Tazio said:

P6 W3 D2 L1 

Bob versus the Rangers. 

But he has to prove he doesn't shit the bed against them every time we play them. His record against the other set of bad guys isn't a disaster either. 

A fantastic result. We were, almost, steam rolled in the first but the intent was there with the starting line up. Rangers were just relentless and we looked shaky in possession. The second half, however, was much better. We played with confidence and look much more happy in possession. A point, particularly the fashion in which we gained it, is a huge mental boost for the players who can move forward full of confidence to the next fixtures.

26 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

But he has to prove he doesn't shit the bed against them every time we play them. His record against the other set of bad guys isn't a disaster either. 

Haha, you are right. I’m sure the next game against Celtic will see the same old regurgitated pish about Robbie.  The fact is, his record against the OF stands up pretty well against other Hearts managers. 

Edited by damo

Brighton Jambo

Watching the usual posters try and shift the goalposts to find an avenue to criticise Robbie is classic.

- He must pick and attacking team - check

- We must not go there and roll over - check

- We better not lose - check

- Today’s the day the unbeaten run ends - nope. 

Ah but we didn’t play that well for 90 minutes against the league champions away in front of the full house - simply not good enough.  It’s pathetic to be honest.

These posters criticise the manager for not taking three points in games we dominate and then criticise him for grabbing a point when we don’t dominate.

Given we have just come up and given it’s a new team getting to know each other this is as good a start as we could possibly have hoped for . 

Great result but why do we continually keek our breeks as soon as the game kicks off through there??Hibs generally go through there and give them a game but it's like we're waiting on them to score before we change it up 

Whatever your thoughts on the performance. We got a point in Glasgow and Neilson maintains a very impressive record against rangers. I'm over the moon for the boys and management!

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

A big test for coming up for Neilson will be the league game at Parkhead in a few weeks time to see if he can have us competing in Glasgow from the first minute.

Did well to come back today in 2nd half but we can't keep going to Glasgow and not turning up for 45mins and hope to come away with something.

Wow. Mental.

8 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Whatever your thoughts on the performance. We got a point in Glasgow and Neilson maintains a very impressive record against rangers. I'm over the moon for the boys and management!

Those being critical will never, ever be pleased. They don't understand how a home team, with the quality rangers have, can start the game full steam and put the opposition under massive pressure. Our set up, in those circumstances, becomes largely redundant. Rangers, thankfully, went off boil in the second and we came into it. We deserved a point.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

P6 W3 D2 L1 

Bob versus the Rangers. 

Doubt there’s another Hearts manager with a better record against them yet his teams don’t turn up when we play them.  Something inconsistent there? 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Great result but why do we continually keek our breeks as soon as the game kicks off through there??Hibs generally go through there and give them a game but it's like we're waiting on them to score before we change it up 

Hibs have lost their last 5 games at Ibrox, including a 6-1 defeat. They did get a 1-1 draw 3 years ago though.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Hibs have lost their last 5 games at Ibrox, including a 6-1 defeat. They did get a 1-1 draw 3 years ago though.

Sod off with your facts. They have no place on here. 

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fair enough but they go and try win we generally don't- I'd love to see us attacking from the off but usually losing before we even touch the ball especially under Levein or Neilson - thankfully the guys stuck in and got back in it today however 

1 minute ago, rory78 said:

Fair enough but they go and try win we generally don't- I'd love to see us attacking from the off but usually losing before we even touch the ball especially under Levein or Neilson - thankfully the guys stuck in and got back in it today however 

As has been posted a million times on here, there are two teams in every game.

If Hearts play well and don't allow a team to implement their game everything is great but some on here cannot accept that teams can often take the game to us and its not easy to reverse that when you are out on the pitch.

Rangers were brilliant first half today and didn't give us a second.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

I'd rather not lose 6-1 thanks!

Guest ToqueJambo
29 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Those being critical will never, ever be pleased. They don't understand how a home team, with the quality rangers have, can start the game full steam and put the opposition under massive pressure. Our set up, in those circumstances, becomes largely redundant. Rangers, thankfully, went off boil in the second and we came into it. We deserved a point.

Just watch the narrative change in the next few days before the Dundee game from Rangers being the big test to "It's all very well beating Celtic and drawing with Rangers but the REAL test is can we win our home games against the likes of Dundee."

5 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Just say you hate Neilson would save time. 

Two teams involved in a game. To say we set up and didn’t try to win today is none sense. Set up how we have in every game this season rangers just pegged us back first half. 

Make no mistake some of Rangers play in the first half was incredible. Credit where credit is due.

Their ball retention, interplay between midfield to their attackers, harassing of our players. I could go on but it’s fair to say they outplayed us man for man (expect for Gordon).

To take an absolute battering and only be a goal down is actually some achievement. To then grow into the game and really test them for parts of the second half demonstrates character.

To nick an equaliser at the death?!?

Scenes!!!!

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Just watch the narrative change in the next few days before the Dundee game from Rangers being the big test to "It's all very well beating Celtic and drawing with Rangers but the REAL test is can we win our home games against the likes of Dundee."

It's draining. If you find watching hearts that difficult, and can't enjoy obvious success, why bother?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Make no mistake some of Rangers play in the first half was incredible. Credit where credit is due.

Their ball retention, interplay between midfield to their attackers, harassing of our players. I could go on but it’s fair to say they outplayed us man for man (expect for Gordon).

To take an absolute battering and only be a goal down is actually some achievement. To then grow into the game and really test them for parts of the second half demonstrates character.

To nick an equaliser at the death?!?

Scenes!!!!

Hate to praise them but they looked a brilliant team until they got into our box. Their touch and as you say pressing and overall shape was very good. Bunch of thugs as well though, with a ref happy to let them do thug things.

I really liked how we just kept doing our thing. Beni probably had his toughest game and still had some absolutely sublime moments of calmness on the ball.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

We were chronic for 70 minutes so I'll hold off in the ott praise for Neilson. Decent in the last 20 though so at least that was something. 

We weren’t chronic for 70 minutes hun.

You’re trolling.

Reported 🙂

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Mental wanting a better first half performance than the 2 we have had???

Wow!

We were almost steam rolled by Rangers in the first and were lucky to get away with conceding one. We set up with an attacking intent but Rangers didn't allow us to settle into the game. They looked a threat every time they came forward. Sometimes you just have to give the opposition some credit. Thankfully, they went off boil and we managed to find our way into the game and got a deserved point, in dramatic fashion. Enjoy it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hate to praise them but they looked a brilliant team until they got into our box. Their touch and as you say pressing and overall shape was very good. Bunch of thugs as well though, with a ref happy to let them do thug things.

I really liked how we just kept doing our thing. Beni probably had his toughest game and still had some absolutely sublime moments of calmness on the ball.

This is what some people of limited thinking can’t get their head around.

Sometimes a team we play against can actually play pretty damn well for a half or 60 minutes and it isn’t our fault that they play well.

They just play well.

I couldnt actually have a conversation with anyone that thinks every time another team  does something decent it’s only because we are shit. I couldn’t be bothered with the ignorance of that person.

Can you imagine how miserable a life they must lead?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

See when you are up near the top of the league, every game is a test. You test yourself or you don’t stay there. Next week is a test. A lower profile game some would think. Very important we don’t drop daft points by having our levels slip. That’s next weeks test. 

if you don’t feel it’s a test, your probably happy enough sitting mid table drifting along aimlessly.

Edited by JimmyCant

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

It's draining. If you find watching hearts that difficult, and can't enjoy obvious success, why bother?

If they could just accept games last 90 mins and seasons last 38 games, and there will be lots of ups and downs the whole way, they'd probably be much happier.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

See when you are up near the top of the league, every game is a test. Next week is a test. A lower profile game some would think. Very important we don’t drop daft points by having our levels slip. That’s next weeks test. 

if you don’t feel it’s a test, your probably happy enough sitting mid table drifting along aimlessly.

No shit Sherlock, yes every game is a test whether it's The Rangers or Brora Rangers. That's what football is. We keep hearing how the next game is always THE test though like some sort of make or break test. It's tedious

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If they could just accept games last 90 mins and seasons last 38 games, and there will be lots of ups and downs the whole way, they'd probably be much happier.

True but today isn't a down, in any way! A clear and obvious UP. I was a Neilson sceptic but FFS the guy has us unbeaten in 9, and playing some good football. We are second and 4 clear of Hibs. Today is a good day!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

We were almost steam rolled by Rangers in the first and were lucky to get away with conceding one. We set up with an attacking intent but Rangers didn't allow us to settle into the game. They looked a threat every time they came forward. Sometimes you just have to give the opposition some credit. Thankfully, they went off boil and we managed to find our way into the game and got a deserved point, in dramatic fashion. Enjoy it.

Gambo will always find blame on Hearts rather than acknowledge the other team.

Anytime we have properly been outplayed by a decent team I can’t think of Gambo ever accepting it was a case of them being good and not us being shit.

Maybe he did when it was a manager he actually liked but I can’t remember the last one he did like.

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Mental wanting a better first half performance than the 2 we have had???

Wow!

Expecting Hearts to go to Glasgow and dominate for 90 mins is absolutely ludicrous. Some really embarrassing stuff being posted tonight.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, jambogaza said:

True but today isn't a down, in any way! A clear and obvious UP. I was a Neilson sceptic but FFS the guy has us unbeaten in 9, and playing some good football. We are second and 4 clear of Hibs. Today is a good day!

Good to see so many Neilson hesitant people coming around and injecting some Robbie into their veins.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Expecting Hearts to go to Glasgow and dominate for 90 mins is absolutely ludicrous. Some really embarrassing stuff being posted EVERY NIGHT

FTFY

9 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

I thoroughly enjoyed second half.

We have to find a way that we don't make Celtic and Rangers look world class or 45mins when we face them in Glasgow. Even RN himself said we need to better.

4 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

17 unbeaten in the league if you count the end of the Championship campaign. Only lost to Sunderland and Celtic since we implemented the 3-4-3….

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No shit Sherlock, yes every game is a test whether it's The Rangers or Brora Rangers. That's what football is. We keep hearing how the next game is always THE test though like some sort of make or break test. It's tedious

So you agree it’s a test then, another test but a test. Good. Thanks

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

We were chronic for 70 minutes so I'll hold off in the ott praise for Neilson. Decent in the last 20 though so at least that was something. 

What time did Bob get sent to the stand? 😂 although Tangers passed up a few chances we certainly came onto a game the last 20 and looked the more likely to steal it after our goal,  roll on Dundee 👍

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Expecting Hearts to go to Glasgow and dominate for 90 mins is absolutely ludicrous. Some really embarrassing stuff being posted tonight.

Who, apart from you, mentioned "dominate for 90mins" ??

Looks like your second sentence was spot on.👍

There was a stat after 35min where shots on goal R-12 H-0, you happy with that? Yes we are happy with final result, but you don't think we could compete better than that? Thankfully those at the club including Robbie think we can and should.

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Who, apart from you, mentioned "dominate for 90mins" ??

Looks like your second sentence was spot on.👍

There was a stat after 35min where shots on goal R-12 H-0, you happy with that? Yes we are happy with final result, but you don't think we could compete better than that? Thankfully those at the club including Robbie think we can and should.

Cool, let’s just take the stats for the last 30 mins instead then and have it that we won 0-1. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Cool, let’s just take the stats for the last 30 mins instead then and have it that we won 0-1. 

Do you not want Hearts to do better first half in Glasgow?

Weird.

Edited by Gambo

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Do you not want Hearts to do better first half in Glasgow?

Weird.

Gambo

We all want Hearts to go to Glasgow and be ahead at half time FFS.

Just like we all expect Hearts to be ahead when playing at home.

Guess what?

When Rangers are playing at home in front of 50,000 of their own fans - with a team that costs around 5 times the value of our team - the odds are grossly in favour of them gaining momentum in the game more than us to begin with.

Its like we did to Livi and Motherwell. Would you have expected Motherwell to come out and dominate us in the first half at Tynecastle?

Don't you understand the basics of football mate?

It doesn’t seem like it.

It just seems like your judgement of everything is clouded by who is manager of Hearts.

Weird

1 hour ago, jambogaza said:

Exactly. We will rarely perform well in Glasgow, so we have to be robust, defend well and take rare chances. We done all that today.

41 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Gambo

Guess what?

When Rangers are playing at home in front of 50,000 of their own fans - with a team that costs around 5 times the value of our team - the odds are grossly in favour of them gaining momentum in the game more than us to begin with.

Its like we did to Livi and Motherwell. Would you have expected Motherwell to come out and dominate us in the first half at Tynecastle?

It doesn’t seem like it.

It just seems like your judgement of everything is clouded by who is manager of Hearts.

Weird

Some points well made. Let's enjoy the point gained today,  we'll give them a tougher game at Tynecastle.

53 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Gambo

Guess what?

It doesn’t seem like it.

Weird

You do understand teams can go to Ibrox/Parkhead and play well in the first half?

Do you not think Neilson wants to go to Parkhead and put in a better first half performance than last time?  Weird.

Remember I said Neilson needs to find a way to play better from 1st minute in these games in Glasgow....weirdly you don't think that is something he should look at.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You do understand teams can go to Ibrox/Parkhead and play well in the first half?

Do you not think Neilson wants to go to Parkhead and put in a better first half performance than last time?  Weird.

Remember I said Neilson needs to find a way to play better from 1st minute in these games in Glasgow....weirdly you don't think that is something he should look at.

I don't get the obsession with how we play in first halfs. Games last 90 mins and playing well in the first half is no guarantee of doing the same in the second - as we saw from Rangers today. We all want to play as well as possible in every minute but you can also play well while keeping it tight. Playing well doesn't just mean attacking.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't get the obsession with how we play in first halfs. Games last 90 mins and playing well in the first half is no guarantee of doing the same in the second - as we saw from Rangers today. We all want to play as well as possible in every minute but you can also play well while keeping it tight. Playing well doesn't just mean attacking.

It's not an obsession, it's an excuse to moan.

I've changed stance slightly, they don't hate Robbie and want him to fail, they just need a reason to moan.

It's very old firm, win every week but still be unhappy about something.

It's a character trait, be pleased you haven't got it.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So you don't think we have to/or want to improve on the 2 first halfs we have had in Glasgow this season.

Just fingers crossed Gordon can keep the score down.

We didn't play well in either of these first 45mins in Glasgow this season.

Yes the game lasts 90mins, on these 90 mins minutes 1-45 also exist. 

6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

It's not an obsession, it's an excuse to moan.

I've changed stance slightly, they don't hate Robbie and want him to fail, they just need a reason to moan.

It's very old firm, win every week but still be unhappy about something.

It's a character trait, be pleased you haven't got it.

You do realise Neilson was not happy either and thinks we can do better?