Huge Test for Robbie Neilson

lost in space

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

2nd, undefeated in 9, played both halves of the old firm.. it’s been a brilliant start to the season.

Correct not even the biggest idiot could argue otherwise 

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• JimmyCant

• Gambo

• lost in space

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

2nd, undefeated in 9, played both halves of the old firm.. it’s been a brilliant start to the season.

they were well up for it today becuase we are a real threat.  We will roll them over at home

I hope you're right.👍

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Played all other teams in tonight’s top 7. 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

These are the key words.

One "Hearts fan" is absolutely seething. :rofl:

👀😂 correct mate enjoy your night 

Dundee next 🔨 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We'll be after 3rd ( at least) now. 

Utd doing well as well. 

They beat rangers, drew at parkhead, won 3-0 at ER. 

We beat them away. 

Not to be underestimated. 

Utd are playing well tbf. The vermin punching above their weight this season might also be factored into the result at ER 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

2nd after 9 games. 

Look at the state of your postings 

Your Forever posting nonsense and forever putting Hearts down. 

Now you're even forever reporting folk. 

Why not be forever Hearts? 

Nobody is arguing with the league positions. Are you daft? 

And yes, I will be reporting it every time it happens. It's against the rules.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Take a look at the first half match thread and get back to me.

Not sure I follow.

as someone else posted we were up against last season’s league winners, who’ve seen off other teams easy enough - also held their own against teams in Europe.

think we did well to stay in the game so that our last minute goal was an equaliser- not a consolation goal.

38 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Personally I think Neilson deserves credit for changing the shape and for the way the team kept on fighting and eventually got the point. 

Of course he does and only the pHoodle brigade and the hobos on here could possibly disagree

Bazzas right boot

What you on about?

Halketts goal has triggered you. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

What you on about?

Halketts goal has triggered you. 

Why would it trigger me? 

Thought at times we were lucky but you need luck in Glasgow. 

We could have scored more…so could they. 

Our keeper was class….theirs was until Halket

Good second half and I am absolutely buzzing.

HHGH

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why would it trigger me? 

Dunno, it's  like you're the guy that walked into a pub full of happy folk celebrating and started shouting nonsense. 

Everyone is just looking at you like-

maxresdefault (2).jpg

We were lucky to come away with a draw, let's be honest. 

Morelos could have scored 2 or 3 if his heed wasn't up his arse. 

That being said, our general play/passing has been a lot better this season, we have improved, the table shows it. 

Still missing an attacking central midfielder and we need another striker. 

9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What’s against the rules ? Stating an opinion? 

For example, my opinion is you are not a Hearts fan.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

9 games unbeaten a the start of the season having played Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen. Has this even happened before?

05-06 most recently

Niemi’s gloves
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Just had a quick look at the rules. I’m not sure which rule you think was breached? And perhaps a moderator would like to clarify?

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We were lucky to come away with a draw, let's be honest. 

Morelos could have scored 2 or 3 if his heed wasn't up his arse. 

That being said, our general play/passing has been a lot better this season, we have improved, the table shows it. 

Still missing an attacking central midfielder and we need another striker. 

We were that’s why it was a good result 😃 deffo needs work and improvements but much better than we were the last 2-3 seasons 

Malinga the Swinga

Didn't panic, played our football, didn't resort to hacking or punting ball aimlessly up the park and thoroughly deserved equaliser.

Well done to Robbie for being brave enough to change shape and players for fighting to stay in game till the end and getting reward.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

05-06 most recently

That's the one to aim for - 12 games unbeaten? Don't think we'd played Celtic at this stage yet

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Didn't panic, played our football, didn't resort to hacking or punting ball aimlessly up the park and thoroughly deserved equaliser.

Well done to Robbie for being brave enough to change shape and players for fighting to stay in game till the end and getting reward.

We were better once he got sent to off, to be fair. 😂

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's the one to aim for - 12 games unbeaten? Don't think we'd played Celtic at this stage yet

You could be right actually.  I think we drew 1-1 at Parkhead on the 10th match.  Scakel equalised and we should have won it. Dominated them.

A big test for coming up for Neilson will be the league game at Parkhead in a few weeks time to see if he can have us competing in Glasgow from the first minute.

Did well to come back today in 2nd half but we can't keep going to Glasgow and not turning up for 45mins and hope to come away with something.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Gambo said:

A big test for coming up for Neilson will be the league game at Parkhead in a few weeks time to see if he can have us competing in Glasgow from the first minute.

Did well to come back today in 2nd half but we can't keep going to Glasgow and not turning up for 45mins and hope to come away with something.

We did turn up. Our defending was excellent. Same again would be brilliant and keeps us in touch at the top, so long as we put away the other teams. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

We were chronic for 70 minutes so I'll hold off in the ott praise for Neilson. Decent in the last 20 though so at least that was something. 

Thats some take , we def weren’t great first half but we tried to use the ball when we had it , Rangers were well up for that and pushed us back early doors. 

33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You're just a boring nodding dog who agrees with the other happy clappers. Your opinion means less than nothing.

Ok so based on your reporting position. Wr should report you every single time you are derisory to other posters on here and dismiss them as being nodding dogs or that their opinion means less than nothing? 

i wish jj was my dad
30 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Correct not even the biggest idiot could argue otherwise 

But huns can forever

Can someone start another " next big test " for the enjoyment vaccums to gather together on and plot the Boabsters downfall ?

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, James1874f said:

What’s against the rules ? Stating an opinion? 

For example, my opinion is you are not a Hearts fan.

Your opinion isn't worth the dirt on my shoe. 

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We did turn up. Our defending was excellent. Same again would be brilliant and keeps us in touch at the top, so long as we put away the other teams. 

We will have to differ on defending was great 1st half.

We can't rely on CG keeping score down first half.

Thankfully Savage, Neilson and the players quite rightly won't be happy with performances first half in Glasgow this season.

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats some take , we def weren’t great first half but we tried to use the ball when we had it , Rangers were well up for that and pushed us back early doors. 

Ok so based on your reporting position. Wr should report you every single time you are derisory to other posters on here and dismiss them as being nodding dogs or that their opinion means less than nothing? 

You had me on ignore, do me a favour and reactivate it. I have zero interest in engaging with you. Thanks.

You had me on ignore, do me a favour and reactivate it. I have zero interest in engaging with you. Thanks.

I still have you on ignore but the abuse you dish out to people and the ridiculous opinions you spout deserve challenging. You run away and report people yet talk to folk as though they are pieces of shit. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We will have to differ on defending was great 1st half.

We can't rely on CG keeping score down first half.

Thankfully Savage, Neilson and the players quite rightly won't be happy with performances first half in Glasgow this season.

If I had to pick one goaiie who saved their team today it was McGregor (as well as also costing them a goal haha)

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

What was he sent off for today?

Having a pop at the ref and 4th official about the lad grabbing Kingsley by the throat is a fair bet. Kingsley was almost cuddling the 4th official when he had his throat grabbed so no chance he missed it.

8 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We definitely still need to strengthen. 

Rangers and Celtic are nowhere near their best just now. 

This may be whistling in the dark but I'm starting to wonder if Rangers and Celtic are actually going to strengthen. They've both been turned down repeatedly by their favored recruits now, and they've had to overpay some players to come play for them. Players today have no idea who the Lisbon Lions were and may have vague memories of the "9 in a row heroes."

Both clubs have a few injuries and they both have some players on their rosters who are better than anything we can offer, but they are simply not the juggernauts of even Rogers' Celtic teams or certainly the pre-liquidation Rangers. And I'm not convinced they are going to have the cash or the lure to bring in heavy reinforcements in January. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If I had to pick one goaiie who saved their team today it was McGregor (as well as also costing them a goal haha)

Both goalies saved their team today, Gordon saved us from going further behind (1st and 2nd half) that allowed Halketts goal to mean something.

McGregor thankfully fkd up after making some saves (2nd half).

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Getting his willy out when we equalised then helicoptering in front of the Huns bench when we equalised. Rumour has it he pretended to have an important video to show Gerrard on his phone only to have his famous slip against Chelsea as ‘next up’

🤣👌🏻

12 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

This may be whistling in the dark but I'm starting to wonder if Rangers and Celtic are actually going to strengthen. They've both been turned down repeatedly by their favored recruits now, and they've had to overpay some players to come play for them. Players today have no idea who the Lisbon Lions were and may have vague memories of the "9 in a row heroes."

Both clubs have a few injuries and they both have some players on their rosters who are better than anything we can offer, but they are simply not the juggernauts of even Rogers' Celtic teams or certainly the pre-liquidation Rangers. And I'm not convinced they are going to have the cash or the lure to bring in heavy reinforcements in January. 

I think that's just wishful thinking to be honest, they can still out spend us 4 fold.

It's definitely the best time to have a go at them though, and i hope we find another couple of attacking players in January. 

:pleasing:

Bob really is showing people what they really are.

What an embarrassment pretending to be a Hearts fan. 

3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

:pleasing:

Bob really is showing people what they really are.

What an embarrassment pretending to be a Hearts fan. 

I’m not even sure they’re all not Hearts fans. However I am sure they are oddballs that get some kind of weird thrill by winding up anonymous people online. 

On 12/10/2021 at 11:07, lost in space said:

I am delighted with our start to the season. Fantastic signings - AND positive tactics from our manager, home and away.

I have never been a fan of Neilson as a coach due to his "possession without progression" tactics and didnt think he would last until xmas - but he does seem to have changed our playing style.  He certainly deserves credit and the fans backing for his league tactics this season, until now.

So far though, all of our league games against the bigger clubs (Celtic, Aberdeen, Hobos) have been at home - where we have performed well and attacked when we could.

The only away game against a top team has been the League Cup game against Celtic (losing 3-2). The result flattered us and our first half performance was one of the worst ever.

SO, this Saturday is a HUGE test for Neilson - will he return to the chicken hearted tactics of before?  Or will he show confidence in the present squad and push forward?

I dont think anybody expects us to attack for 90 minutes but I (and most fans surely) will want us to "have a go" without being suicidal. 

I dont expect a win. We might not even draw - but if we go out, trying to impose ourselves / show confidence / actually get players into the Sevco box and make chances + have shots on goal, he will go a long way in getting the doubters (like me) behind him.

i havnt been a fan of our manager but I could become one.

Passed with flying colours.  Hearts as ****. What a ****ing guy etc etc