Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)

Back of the Bus

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I hope you get kicked out of the Terrace and into the shed. 

No politics. 

I got transferred for less. 😴

It's not politics - it's the bozo they put in charge of Covid recovery that is the problem.

Did anybody really think Mr Clusterfeck would be all over this ?

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• davemclaren

• Boab

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If you have a tablet you should be able to download it as a file, which is still a Faf and my Amazon tablet doesn't fit in my pocket. Fortunately I have a printer, which many people won't. You can also get the printed certificate in a day or two through the post. But hey! this is the future, we're reaching the stage when everybody will need to be given a free basic smartphone for society to function.  

I requested a printed certificate this morning but was informed they were unable to process my request and I should try later. 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

One click on the button and they would have a downloaded printed copy sent to their home. 

You can also download the certificate and QR codes into your documents on your phone. 👍

Tried clicking the button this morning 🤷‍♂️

48 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Similar experience for me, I got past stage one (passport photo) then stage two (face photo) wouldn't work, I presume it's somehow supposed to switch the camera to mirror mode, otherwise it wouldn't be possible to centre the image. I went back to stage one three or four times but always failed again at the face photo.

Fortunately I have he paper download with Q code so I'll be going tomorrow. BBC Scotland are reporting that Hearts are saying that you won't get in without the download, which isn't true and I've sent an email to point that out, I hope they correct it.

Hearts need to also correct that!

It’s a mess. Any sensible body would have delayed the actual implementation of this to the 18th to give people time to get their copies, hard or digital, in place.

Too sensible ?

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hearts need to also correct that!

"Therefore, everyone attending matches at Tynecastle – home and away fans – must be fully vaccinated and must bring proof of this vaccination status with them to the game, unless exempt.

Supporters attending from the rest of the UK and the broader Common Travel Area (including Republic of Ireland) will be able to use their existing Covid Status apps with QR Codes or paper-based certificates. Visitors from outside the UK can use proof of vaccination from the country they were vaccinated in."

There's nothing saying that it must be an App, I think it's clear enough.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

It’s a mess. Any sensible body would have delayed the actual implementation of this to the 18th to give people time to get their copies, hard or digital, in place.

Too sensible ?

Far too sensible, but as those responsible for introducing this shambles will never have to use it then I cannot see the SG getting too worked up about it. 

12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

No I posted that there was an “error” with the App and it would not download. Tried again this morning and I downloaded all my info and there were “no matches”!

I was just joking 👍

It's bad enough for us older fans trying to get to grips with technology without the boffins bamming us up with stuff that doesn't work anyway 😣

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Too sensible ?

I downloaded my paper certificate on the day they became available on 20th May, and updated it with the Qcode version weeks ago. I agree that this roll-out could have happened better but folk really should have been keeping their vaccination proof up-to date.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Tried with my drivers license, and get as far as entering my CHI number and it brings up my name and address details, then when I click to confirm it says No Details Found - WTAF?!!!!

I have an online account on NHS Scotland website with the vaccine certificate downloaded to my phone but this is just an example of complete incompetence by the SG and their software consultants not linking up databases and using shit facial recognition software.

This.  I’ve got the QR codes saved in my phone files, but the app doesn’t work.  Hopefully that will be sufficient.

This government have been pushing on an open door for years and still can’t get in the ****ing room. Hopeless!

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Too sensible ?

I'd go further and say its a cluster ****.  Whoever does the govt IT should be sacked, everything they touch ends up being a mess

36 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

And what about those who don’t have printers and relied on the phone app actually working.

you can download the pdf certificate to your phone?

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I downloaded my paper certificate on the day they became available on 20th May, and updated it with the Qcode version weeks ago. I agree that this roll-out could have happened better but folk really should have been keeping their vaccination proof up-to date.

So what is the reason for introducing this app ?

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

What an actual mess. **** it not going to bother going tomorrow. 

You not got a paper or digital copy of your certificate ? 

If you don't have the above then the app would be no use to you anyway. 

They are not going to be demanding we all have the app or there will be no one there. 

57 minutes ago, the general said:

I don't think much checking will be done tomorrow

I agree, more of a box ticking exercise.

15 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I hear that. The updated QR version was weeks ago and I done mine then. That, of course, raises the question of why another app needed to be introduced, unnecessarily complicating things further.

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

There is the option to request a paper copy which has been available for weeks if not months.

Were you not aware of this option ?

Requested on Tuesday and arrived yesterday

10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You not got a paper or digital copy of your certificate ? 

If you don't have the above then the app would be no use to you anyway. 

They are not going to be demanding we all have the app or there will be no one there. 

I have the QR code and digital copy on my phone. However I can just envisage mayhem at the turnstiles tomorrow with overly eager jobsworths security guards and problems. Can’t even get folk into the game on time as it is.

All i want to do is go to a ****ing game of football. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I have the QR code and digital copy on my phone. However I can just envisage mayhem at the turnstiles tomorrow with overly eager jobsworths security guards and problems. Can’t even get folk into the game on time as it is.

All i want to do is go to a ****ing game of football. 

I can see the opposite actually.

I think, with the problems at the Hibs game in mind, they’ll be instructed to check the odd one at quieter times of entry. Nearer KO, it would be sensible to keep checks to a minimum, or not at all if queues are forming.

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

At this feckin rate it will do you for the Dundee game, Andy.

As a former IT person, I would love to know how this was budgeted and tested prior to implementation.

Also as a former IT person I would suggest it wasn't.

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

As a former IT person, I would love to know how this was budgeted and tested prior to implementation.

It's a government, regardless of what rosette they wear. Doing the above doesn't enter their thinking. They have never heard of the six P's.

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

24 minutes ago, Boab said:

I hear that. The updated QR version was weeks ago and I done mine then. That, of course, raises the question of why another app needed to be introduced, unnecessarily complicating things further.

My point exactly!

14 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think, with the problems at the Hibs game in mind, they’ll be instructed to check the odd one at quieter times of entry. Nearer KO, it would be sensible to keep checks to a minimum, or not at all if queues are forming.

Yes but will the message get through to all the supervisors? 

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It's a government, regardless of what rosette they wear. Doing the above doesn't enter their thinking. They have never heard of the six P's.

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Bet they've heard of POETS day though

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Yes but will the message get through to all the supervisors? 

I think the club will ensure it does, T.

The Hibs debacle, ironically, came at a good time. Don’t think they’ll make that mistake again.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" 

That was quoted to me by an old boss and I laughed in his face....

Didn't fail by the way..

Did you get the Employee of the Month award? 🤔

41 minutes ago, Boab said:

Agree and was thinking that earlier. Check a number of folk early doors while it is quiet. That would be the sensible thing to do to meet the required numbers. 

However, the last week has shown me how stupid this nation is at times. 

Anyway I'm away to fill the tank on my 3rd car 😁

Edited by Jungle
Blank post

Fort Vallance
7 minutes ago, Jungle said:

Read somewhere they're meant to check approximately one in five. Not sure if that's right but even excluding under 18's it's a lot of checks. Agreed that they'll probably check as many as possible at the quiet / early stages.

26 minutes ago, Jungle said:

Agree and was thinking that earlier. Check a number of folk early doors while it is quiet. That would be the sensible thing to do to meet the required numbers. 

However, the last week has shown me how stupid this nation is at times. 

Anyway I'm away to fill the tank on my 3rd car 😁

Get toilet rolls as well !

👍

19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Thankfully we didn't entertain that shite. 

Maybe just as well eh…..😉

16 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Read somewhere they're meant to check approximately one in five. Not sure if that's right but even excluding under 18's it's a lot of checks. Agreed that they'll probably check as many as possible at the quiet / early stages.

Not seen any mention of required numbers tbh. 1 in ten would be sensible. Considering all hospitality will be checked, as far as I’m aware, and U18s not checked, you’re probably looking at under a thousand across the rest of the stadium. 
Should be a piece of piss !

🥴

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Takes an hour for status to appear on app.

Don't bank on that !

upgotheheads
47 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The question is why the SNP thought it necessary to introduce this new App when a letter and a download was already available!

All it has done is cause confusion, like - does this new App now trump the existing letter and download making these obsolete?

No. it's the same information, presented in a way that makes checking easier and mort convenient for people who always have a phone with them but probably don't want to carry a piece of A4 paper in their pocket as well.

Jambof3tornado

Spent 20 minutes trying to get the APP to work. Doesnt work, cant verify me(photo bit was fine). Not wasting any more time with it. Utterly pointless piece of shite.

weegie jambo

I stupidly left it too late to get the vaccine passport and now won't be going tomorrow. I've applied for a paper copy, as I don't have one of those big fancy Iphoney things, but I'm told I could wait up to 10 days for it to arrive. Trying to download a paper copy proved impossible, as despite having an NHS Covid ID and Username it still wouldn't let me into the site. So I had to phone a real person and jump through numerous security questions before they would talk to me and send out my paper copy! I do have a letter inviting me for a 3rd jag and had thought about turning up with that as it proves I have had my first & second jag but thought it might be a hard sell. So it's a day in the house and a dodgy stream for me!

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Boab said:

There's a couple of reasons I think. one is that our tech-savvy young people all carry phones but they don't all get vaccinated for some reason (which I won't get involved with). Getting them to download the app means they don't have to print or send for a paper copy and carry it about with them.

Second, it underlines to them that this pandemic is still here and dangerous. No vaccination, no fun.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

I stupidly left it too late to get the vaccine passport and now won't be going tomorrow. I've applied for a paper copy, as I don't have one of those big fancy Iphoney things, but I'm told I could wait up to 10 days for it to arrive. Trying to download a paper copy proved impossible, as despite having an NHS Covid ID and Username it still wouldn't let me into the site. So I had to phone a real person and jump through numerous security questions before they would talk to me and send out my paper copy! I do have a letter inviting me for a 3rd jag and had thought about turning up with that as it proves I have had my first & second jag but thought it might be a hard sell. So it's a day in the house and a dodgy stream for me!

Email the club and let them know you might be ok.

Hagar the Horrible
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Does that mean that he sits on a bed buck naked in the Lotus position? 

Thanks for spoiling my lunch. I cant unsee that now.

Downloaded the app. Have to wait 24 hours to be verified ffs

28 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Spent 20 minutes trying to get the APP to work. Doesnt work, cant verify me(photo bit was fine). Not wasting any more time with it. Utterly pointless piece of shite.

Only 20 minutes…….

Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

No. it's the same information, presented in a way that makes checking easier and mort convenient for people who always have a phone with them but probably don't want to carry a piece of A4 paper in their pocket as well.

The paper version can't be folded? Without creasing the QR code of course

Maroon Sailor

Nearly 24 hours later and I'm still waiting for my Covid status to be displayed on that app

I can see Ctrl Alt Del coming soon for this scheme

Edited by Maroon Sailor

46 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Don't be silly your sure to get in with that letter.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

It's clear enough for those who take the time to read through things properly, mate. 

People make things so difficult for themselves when there really is no need. 

Doesn't hide from the App farce but I really do wonder about the savvy of some people. 

It shouldn't bother me, but it does.

It worries me. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)