Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)

Back of the Bus

jambo-in-furness

The only proof I have is on my “my GP” app which says I have received both jabs and the dates I got them.  Guess I will keep my head low and hope I don’t need to prove my status.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• davemclaren

• Boab

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jambo-in-furness said:

The only proof I have is on my “my GP” app which says I have received both jabs and the dates I got them.  Guess I will keep my head low and hope I don’t need to prove my status.

did you use the nhs login bit to get it? if so you can download the nhs app and login using those details. then you can get a download of your pass or even a copy emailed to you

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, LMc said:

Folk just like a moan tbh 😴 

It's a bit of a pain but can't see it being like this for too long.

Tbh I think it's here to stay. 

Like having a driving licence if you want to drive or a passport if you want to go abroad. 

Here to stay until covid goes the same was as polio etc, which may be  never due to the anti vax nonsense. 

I see references to having to print off the passport but not clear if this is Hearts request to make checking easier or Scottish Government guidelines? I’ve got mine on my phone and currently have no intention of printing a copy since this would appear to be additional red tape  - does anyone know source of paper copy “guidelines”?

17 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I’m not having a go at our stewards…well maybe a wee bit…but I think anyone flashing an app will be fine, especially in the “ grace “ period.

Can’t see them demanding QR codes on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

This is so clearly going to be a disaster, not hearts fault just the Scottish government who have absolutely lost it with COVID now. 

20k checks on these vaccine passports going to be a nightmare and kick off will end up being delayed.

farce

You know that other countries have Covid passports and haven't had any problems? It's not just Scotland/SG going it alone. 

Just a thought, doesn't the SG covid 

vaccination app come on line tomorrow ? 

Surely downloads from 'the official app' would be acceptable. 

Otherwise why bother having the app ? 

29 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

if your old you'll be okay they will be pouncing on the young whipper snappers

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Just a thought, doesn't the SG covid 

vaccination app come on line tomorrow ? 

Surely downloads from 'the official app' would be acceptable. 

Otherwise why bother having the app ? 

you would think so, probably would be ok.

22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Exactly ! 

Why are people accusing the SG of just wanting to be 'different' ? 

Could it not be that the UK Government is being lackadaisical at best and reckless at worst. 

On holiday in England recently and it was clear that most people seem to have forgotten that there is still a pandemic. 

Sorry for venturing into politics but people are being allowed to have a dig at the SG on this thread. 

It's only fair to be allowed to reply. 

This

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

A point well made, Hearts email doesn’t use the word random, merely spot checks but I concede these too should be random. 

Will just have to arrive early. 

Are Aberdeen allowing the Celtic hordes in on Sunday?

I think they are, going by the away sections being unavailable to buy.

What I did notice is, they are having staggered arrival times for different parts of the ground, which is odd.

26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Exactly ! 

Why are people accusing the SG of just wanting to be 'different' ? 

Could it not be that the UK Government is being lackadaisical at best and reckless at worst. 

On holiday in England recently and it was clear that most people seem to have forgotten that there is still a pandemic. 

Sorry for venturing into politics but people are being allowed to have a dig at the SG on this thread. 

It's only fair to be allowed to reply. 

I've had recent experience of this in France. Facemasks and vaccine passports are strictly adhered to, but then their death rate is a lot lower than ours.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Like you, I live in England but I've not ever heard any mention of the "my GP" app.  For going to games, I suggest you download and register on the the NHS England app. You'll have your covid pass available to show anyone. 

It offers "Domestic" and and "Travel" options. The former just says you can show it "at places that have chosen to use the service".  The latter says "you may need to share your covid pass when travelling abroad".  I've no idea what the difference is, nor which category Scotland is in. But, if it's not one, it'll be the other.

Interesting times, right enough.

1 minute ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Like you, I live in England but I've not ever heard any mention of the "my GP" app.  For going to games, I suggest you download and register on the the NHS England app. You'll have your covid pass available to show anyone. 

It offers "Domestic" and and "Travel" options. The former just says you can show it "at places that have chosen to use the service".  The latter says "you may need to share your covid pass when travelling abroad".  I've no idea what the difference is, nor which category Scotland is in. But, if it's not one, it'll be the other.

I tried that in the early days. Be prepared to take a passport style photo, create a file and download it to the website, receive a text or email with a security number which you then have to write on card or paper and hold  it in front of you while you take another photo of yourself holding the card and number and send that to the website.

I gave up after half an hour and went to the SG website and downloaded my certificate in about two minutes.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

I would imagine no one will turn up without the right documentation .

It wouldn't shock me if some who don't have any documentation turn up hoping to avoid the random checks.

9 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

This is a quote from a statement made by Hearts on their website about the game on Saturday

Supporters attending from the rest of the UK and the broader Common Travel Area (including Republic of Ireland) will be able to use their existing Covid Status apps with QR Codes or paper-based certificates. Visitors from outside the UK can use proof of vaccination from the country they were vaccinated in.

Supporters are strongly encouraged to arrive early at Tynecastle on Saturday (turnstiles will open at 1.30pm) with a hard copy of their vaccine certificate. Digital copies will also be accepted. We will do all we can to ensure that these mandatory spot checks are completed quickly. To avoid delays entering the stadium we would kindly ask that supporters have their certificate ready and arrive in plenty of time before kick-off.

Fans who are medically exempt or are participating in vaccine trials should carry proof of this.

Your vaccine certificate can be accessed by clicking here.

Information on the Scottish Government’s mandatory vaccine certification legislation can be found by clicking here.

Hearts would like to emphasise that we are obliged to follow Scottish Government legislation and we thank supporters for their understanding and cooperation.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

It wouldn't shock me if some who don't have any documentation turn up hoping to avoid the random checks.

I'll be one them. If you dont buy a ticket you dont win the raffle

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

I tried that in the early days. Be prepared to take a passport style photo, create a file and download it to the website, receive a text or email with a security number which you then have to write on card or paper and hold  it in front of you while you take another photo of yourself holding the card and number and send that to the website.

I gave up after half an hour and went to the SG website and downloaded my certificate in about two minutes.

I think they must have tweaked it since then.  Yes, quite properly, there were security measures, but once these were done I have had no problems.

I now have three NHS apps on my phone - the NHS England app, the NHS England Covid app and the Check in Scotland app.  If the NHS was a cup competition, I'd get to keep it.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is a quote from a statement made by Hearts on their website about the game on Saturday

Supporters attending from the rest of the UK and the broader Common Travel Area (including Republic of Ireland) will be able to use their existing Covid Status apps with QR Codes or paper-based certificates. Visitors from outside the UK can use proof of vaccination from the country they were vaccinated in.

Supporters are strongly encouraged to arrive early at Tynecastle on Saturday (turnstiles will open at 1.30pm) with a hard copy of their vaccine certificate. Digital copies will also be accepted. We will do all we can to ensure that these mandatory spot checks are completed quickly. To avoid delays entering the stadium we would kindly ask that supporters have their certificate ready and arrive in plenty of time before kick-off.

Fans who are medically exempt or are participating in vaccine trials should carry proof of this.

Your vaccine certificate can be accessed by clicking here.

Information on the Scottish Government’s mandatory vaccine certification legislation can be found by clicking here.

Hearts would like to emphasise that we are obliged to follow Scottish Government legislation and we thank supporters for their understanding and cooperation.

Yes, I saw that.  It does seem to suggest they'd prefer paper to digital copies but it'll be digital from me and my son.

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I'll be one them. If you dont buy a ticket you dont win the raffle

Any point in asking you to do a LFT before you go? That way it won't matter as much as the chances are you won't be asymtomatic.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Yes, I saw that.  It does seem to suggest they'd prefer paper to digital copies but it'll be digital from me and my son.

They are saying they will accept virtually all forms of proof is how I read it from the various Apps to Paper Certificates.

As it is the first time I would expect a bit of confusion and a paper copy might be the easiest to show.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair I imagine some will turn up with the wrong documentation. 

This is the correct answer Dave.

Even in normal times, fans forget to take their ST. Then there are the irritating ones (normally ad hoc ticket holders), who after getting admittance, walk about aimlessly not knowing the alphabet or numbers to locate their seat:rolleyes2:

Repeat the above if they go to catering kiosk or toilet during the game or at half time, having come back from the concourse through the wrong staircase!

Away matches bring the above out in their droves:lol:

31 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I'm planning on turning up and performing a mission impossible break in as i am not vaccinated

Why not???

It's not to late to apply for a paper certificate in time for Saturday.

I clicked the button to request a paper copy on Monday afternoon. 

Paper copy duly arrived today at lunchtime. 

Excellent service from NHS  Scotland. 👏

Nelly Terraces
10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Yep, my wife & I received ours a couple of days after requesting them a few weeks ago & I also downloaded the certificate to my phone with no problem.

I'm not sure I agree with the fact these checks have to be carried out, but the process of getting your certificate is very straightforward. 

jambo-in-furness
9 minutes ago, Guitarman said:

If hearts bring in this bullshit I will not be back and they've lost a supporter of 53 years 🤷‍♂️

After Saturday,   Hearts or any other large audience drawing event will not have the choice.  You do.

jambo-in-furness
12 minutes ago, Guitarman said:

If hearts bring in this bullshit I will not be back and they've lost a supporter of 53 years 🤷‍♂️

And,    No PHM spells Hearts without a capital H

35 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You can download it as a pdf as far as I am aware. I have a paper copy which I got a while ago which was before you could download it.

15 minutes ago, Guitarman said:

Don’t be silly. This wasn’t the club’s idea. 

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

What is wrong with some people ?

After all we've been through and a few are cutting off their nose to spite their face. 

Is showing proof of vaccine such an onerous task ?

No, it isn’t, and the majority could well go to every home game this season and not be asked for proof. 

1 minute ago, Guitarman said:

I get your point Davy but there's no reason for Hearts ( happy ? ) to descrimimate against supporters who have followed the club all their life . 

Great first 3 posts 🤔

4 minutes ago, Guitarman said:

I get your point Davy but there's no reason for Hearts ( happy ? ) to descrimimate against supporters who have followed the club all their life . 

They’re not. They are doing what the Scottish government have decided they must do. We are based in Scotland. It’s that simple.  

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, Guitarman said:

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, Guitarman said:

Unfortunately I got banned for making the same point years ago , when all this shite started happening 🤷‍♂️

Years ago ?

What happened years ago ?

All Hearts are doing is making people aware what the situation is so there isn’t more of a clusterf*** than we can expect.

it’s not Hearts deciding off their own backs to do these spot checks ,it’s as clear as day it’s having to implement the Scottish government rules 😬

like it or not,but it’s not Hearts Fault .

also see Rangers have confirmed the exact same situation  for them on Sunday.

33 minutes ago, Guitarman said:

Least you have a choice the Hearts fans that died of Covid don't. 

Just now, Guitarman said:

So I'll be fine on Saturday then ? Or are Hearts going to enforce this ? 

Of course Hearts are going to enforce it just like any other football club with more than 10k crowds. 

5 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

All Hearts are doing is making people aware what the situation is so there isn’t more of a clusterf*** than we can expect.

it’s not Hearts deciding off their own backs to do these spot checks ,it’s as clear as day it’s having to implement the Scottish government rules 😬

like it or not,but it’s not Hearts Fault .

also see Rangers have confirmed the exact same situation  for them on Sunday.

I'm not interested in taking gers unlike a few on here I have no time for them or their sellik cousins 👍

1 hour ago, mickycameron98 said:

The club statement says it will accept digital form of proof for being double vaccinated also, so no need to bring paper hard copy.

But don't forget to charge your phone.

Personally I'll be downloading the new app as soon as it's available, carrying the paper copy and my driving licence.

I'm not travelling 180 miles just to be turned away, but I'm expecting that the checks will be pre-turnstile so It might be worth arriving in good time.

Hagar the Horrible

Its not going live until the 11th october, but the policy starts from the 1st october, so we are in a test mode, so leagally can they refuse admission if you bring the wrong documentation

I have no isse going abroad and a government official reviewing my medical records, but I do with some Steward

All of this is a clear breach of the GDPR May 2018

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)