Vaccine Certificates - Motherwell (update - vaccine proof not required)

Back of the Bus

3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Look for an empty seat elsewhere if possible. Actually if I was in my usual seat, no problem as no children. But the nonsense of red zones persist because of the idiocy of some footballers who have refused to get vaccinated. 

One of those vaccinated adults could be carrying symptoms or the steward or turnstile operator could be unvaccinated regardless of the law 

You would hope that vaccination status aside people will be sensible, test & wear mask etc but it is up to other individuals on whether they take the risk 

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• davemclaren

• Boab

• luckydug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just saw on bbc news that checks will be in place but ‘hearts have said no fans will be refused entry tomorrow’.

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Just saw on bbc news that checks will be in place but ‘hearts have said nobody will be refused entry tomorrow’.

I assume they’ll just be testing the processes that stewards will follow. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just saw on bbc news that checks will be in place but ‘hearts have said nobody will be refused entry tomorrow’.

I forgot all about the match tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Only one home game before the thing kicks in proper. I’m sure they’ll give it a run out !

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Seems like it. I’ll be taking iD and vaccine passport tomorrow but seems like my nephew can go now. He’s had one vaccine but his second one was delayed because he had Covid. 

Edited by GinRummy

Seems like it. I’ll be taking iD and vaccine passport tomorrow but seems like me nephew can go now. He’s had one vaccine but his second one was delayed because he had Covid. 

Not good re catching it but the delay in enforcement does allow more to get that second jag, if they want it. 

Jambof3tornado

Would it make sense to have some people a bit further away from the ground checking covid status then you get a nightclub style stamped hand so you dont get bothered again rather than the checking being done too close to the ground?

Niemi’s gloves
12 minutes ago, fbjambo said:

One of those vaccinated adults could be carrying symptoms or the steward or turnstile operator could be unvaccinated regardless of the law 

You would hope that vaccination status aside people will be sensible, test & wear mask etc but it is up to other individuals on whether they take the risk 

indeed and that is why I am reconsidering whether to go in the light of this latest announcement. As someone who is now in my seventies, I have been considering the balance of risks. Up to now I have stayed at home and watched the games on Hearts TV. With the recent significant downtrend in cases in Edinburgh and the moves to require vaccination evidence, I was feeling more confident about going on Saturday until this u-turn. If some people want to call me a “wet wipe”, that’s fine. But personally I feel I have another 15 years of worthwhile life left; and I’m very aware that when hospitals have been stretched to breaking point, age regardless of health is used as basis of deciding who is dispensable.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not good re catching it but the delay in enforcement does allow more to get that second jag, if they want it. 

Aye, the whole family had it. Mum, dad and the two kids. All right enough after a week or so. Heavy cold type symptoms. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Seems like it. I’ll be taking iD and vaccine passport tomorrow but seems like my nephew can go now. He’s had one vaccine but his second one was delayed because he had Covid. 

Why ID‽ Is that requured too?

Just now, GinRummy said:

Aye, the whole family had it. Mum, dad and the two kids. All right enough after a week or so. Heavy cold type symptoms. 

👍

Just now, Jonkel Hoon said:

Why ID‽ Is that requured too?

No idea. I just thought it best to take something so stuck my passport in my coat pocket before the morn. 

The Treasurer
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sounds like a dry run to test the system. Sensible move 

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Sounds like a dry run to test the system. Sensible move 

Most definitely the sensible option. If someone appears with the wrong thing or is confused about what is required then word will soon spread about what’s needed. 

1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

indeed and that is why I am reconsidering whether to go in the light of this latest announcement. As someone who is now in my seventies, I have been considering the balance of risks. Up to now I have stayed at home and watched the games on Hearts TV. With the recent significant downtrend in cases in Edinburgh and the moves to require vaccination evidence, I was feeling more confident about going on Saturday until this u-turn. If some people want to call me a “wet wipe”, that’s fine. But personally I feel I have another 15 years of worthwhile life left; and I’m very aware that when hospitals have been stretched to breaking point, age regardless of health is used as basis of deciding who is dispensable.

I'm sure the club is aware that some supporters like yourself have not returned, I myself think the club has let all fans down here whatever their vaccination status. We all now have to live with this somehow and with yourself and the majority having been vaccinated this should be enough to allow a full house. Risk is everywhere and in everything thing we do, it's a case of reducing it(as you have) and judging your exposure to it. Hope you make it back soon.

10 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

There is the option to request a paper copy which has been available for weeks if not months.

Were you not aware of this option ?

Have you read how long it takes to get a paper copy. Instead of defending the indefensible, why not admit the government messed up big time

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Very sensible mate although I would be (almost) as wary of the vaccinated as the unvaccinated

there are so many factors at play that unless you know the background of people you are mixing with the vaccinated/unvaccinated factor may not be as significant as many (are lead to) believe

the obvious example mentioned on here by many that some vaccinated people have felt they are now bullet-proof (and presumably carrier-proof) by mixing freely with as many people in as many higher risk scenarios as they care to (which they are entitled to do) - they’re a risk mate vaccinated or not

phrases like ‘people like you …..’ rarely win much understanding or empathy tho

36 minutes ago, escobri said:

I'm sure the club is aware that some supporters like yourself have not returned, I myself think the club has let all fans down here whatever their vaccination status. We all now have to live with this somehow and with yourself and the majority having been vaccinated this should be enough to allow a full house. Risk is everywhere and in everything thing we do, it's a case of reducing it(as you have) and judging your exposure to it. Hope you make it back soon.

It's the Scottish Government not Hearts that sets the rules.

How are Hearts letting fans down?

Niemi’s gloves
4 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Very sensible mate although I would be (almost) as wary of the vaccinated as the unvaccinated

there are so many factors at play that unless you know the background of people you are mixing with the vaccinated/unvaccinated factor may not be as significant as many (are lead to) believe

the obvious example mentioned on here by many that some vaccinated people have felt they are now bullet-proof (and presumably carrier-proof) by mixing freely with as many people in as many higher risk scenarios as they care to (which they are entitled to do) - they’re a risk mate vaccinated or not

phrases like ‘people like you …..’ rarely win much understanding or empathy tho

Thanks. I accept your last point, my initial comment could have been put less confrontationally.

Relevant to what you are saying is that, due to the “red zones”  I am being offered seats in unfamiliar locations surrounded by unknown people. I really can’t get my head round the idea that the away team walking twice out of a tunnel and twice back in - a matter of seconds each time - requires a swathe of seats to be cleared; while sitting immediately next to strangers on all sides for two hours apparently is low risk by comparison in the eyes of the SFA. 

1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Thanks. I accept your last point, my initial comment could have been put less confrontationally.

Relevant to what you are saying is that, due to the “red zones”  I am being offered seats in unfamiliar locations surrounded by unknown people. I really can’t get my head round the idea that the away team walking twice out of a tunnel and twice back in - a matter of seconds each time - requires a swathe of seats to be cleared; while sitting immediately next to strangers on all sides for two hours apparently is low risk by comparison in the eyes of the SFA. 

The SFA is making a judgement call on risks to players. The judgement call on risk to spectators is with the government and monitored by local councils. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's the Scottish Government not Hearts that sets the rules.

How are Hearts letting fans down?

If these passports are necessary for the safety of supporters, why now are Hearts allowing all supporters entry? A few hours ago some were told they are not welcome as they are a health risk, now they are not. Hearts could and should have been engaging with supporters a lot better throughout this situation. 

The Real Maroonblood
37 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Have you read how long it takes to get a paper copy. Instead of defending the indefensible, why not admit the government messed up big time

As I said earlier in the thread I requested one yesterday and it arrived today. 

12 minutes ago, escobri said:

If these passports are necessary for the safety of supporters, why now are Hearts allowing all supporters entry? A few hours ago some were told they are not welcome as they are a health risk, now they are not. Hearts could and should have been engaging with supporters a lot better throughout this situation. 

Because there is a grace period announced by Scottish Government where it's not enforced I.e. Hearts won't be subject to sanctions for letting unvaccinated people in.

And now as with what Aberdeen decided, the fact people can't access the shambles of the new APP today which is a new circumstance.

What engagement should have been done with fans by Hearts?

Tell everyone to get the vaccine? Reassure fans who are worried about going? I can support both of these but there is also freedom of choice and personal responsibility. 

Edited by Mikey1874

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Because there is a grace period announced by Scottish Government where it's not enforced I.e. Hearts won't be subject to sanctions for letting unvaccinated people in.

And now as with what Aberdeen decided, the fact people can't access the shambles of the new APP today which is a new circumstance.

What engagement should have been done with fans by Hearts?

How about you might die as unvaccinated are in attendance?

43 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

The Government certainly has messed up on a grand scale with the app (no real surprise and a total waste of public money), but the issuing of paper copies has been working very well for quite some time. Although they tell you to allow 14 days for receipt, my experience and that of others on here is that it typically only takes 2-3 days. You really cannot beat old technology, and no matter what happens with the app I for one will not be touching it with a 10 foot bargepole; it's good old paper for me.

3 minutes ago, escobri said:

Yes

Same as if you go anywhere else. Like shops. Do you go to shops which are indoors? Indoors is around 98% of where people catch Covid. So far more dangerous to go to a shop / supermarket than to a football match outdoors. Do you go to shops?

I'm not disrespecting anyone with concerns. Stay at home. Fair enough.

But life needs to go on.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

Same as if you go anywhere else. Like shops. Do you go to shops which are indoors? Indoors is around 98% of where people catch Covid. So far more dangerous to go to a shop / supermarket than to a football match outdoors. Do you go to shops?

I'm not disrespecting anyone with concerns. Stay at home. Fair enough.

But life needs to go on.

I'll not be at home 🤣

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, escobri said:

Not sure what else you expect the club to do.

20 minutes ago, escobri said:

What are the chances of that happening as opposed to sharing a stadium with only vaccinated people?

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

No idea. I just thought it best to take something so stuck my passport in my coat pocket before the morn. 

Do you not have a bus pass or a bank card, something with your name and maybe a photo on it that you can carry in your wallet, rather than taking your passport with you.

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

Do you not have a bus pass or a bank card, something with your name and maybe a photo on it that you can carry in your wallet, rather than taking your passport with you.

I’ve got a debit and credit cards but they don’t have my photo on it. 

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

Some of us even drive. 🚗

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, escobri said:

While I understand what you are saying I think you are aiming your disappointmeny in the wrong direction. The club are simply doing what the government in Holyrood have said needs to happen. If the club were not to follow the rules I'm guessing they (Holyrood) have the power to close the stadium to all spectators.

I accept what you say, in as much as the virus situation is all something we are going to have to live with going forward, but HMFC are following the guidelines laid down to them, it isn't HMFC who have decided on entry requirements.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What are the chances of that happening as opposed to sharing a stadium with only vaccinated people?

Do i get 3 lifelines. I'll ask the audience first please Jeremy

Just now, escobri said:

Do i get 3 lifelines. I'll ask the audience first please Jeremy

You’re not allowed Chris Witty as your phone a friend 😏

portobellojambo1
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Some of us even drive. 🚗

I don't think you'll be able to use your car at the turnstiles as evidence, even if it is a Mini you drive :)

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't think you'll be able to use your car at the turnstiles as evidence, even if it is a Mini you drive :)

Remember those wee three wheeler disabled cars you used to see parked next to some pitches back in the 80’s. Thought that was strange even then. That and taking dugs to matches. 

portobellojambo1

Remember those wee three wheeler disabled cars you used to see parked next to some pitches back in the 80’s. Thought that was strange even then. That and taking dugs to matches. 

Big Bernie use to take his dog with him to every game, in fact I think he took it with him everywhere. Yeah, the cars were for the disabled, there were usually a few at Tynecastle back in the day.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

While I understand what you are saying I think you are aiming your disappointmeny in the wrong direction. The club are simply doing what the government in Holyrood have said needs to happen. If the club were not to follow the rules I'm guessing they (Holyrood) have the power to close the stadium to all spectators.

I accept what you say, in as much as the virus situation is all something we are going to have to live with going forward, but HMFC are following the guidelines laid down to them, it isn't HMFC who have decided on entry requirements.

The latest statement is heading in the right direction. We can't just jump to government's tune that's on/off in the same day. It's cos they said so, is not good enough for me, we are a community club that was going to exclude part of the community without any comment apart from" we are following guidelines". Unvaxxed were not welcome this morning and now they are, how's the club looking after fans never mind the health of fans here? 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How about 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Neil Ferguson?

3 minutes ago, escobri said:

The latest statement is heading in the right direction. We can't just jump to government's tune that's on/off in the same day. It's cos they said so, is not good enough for me, we are a community club that was going to exclude part of the community without any comment apart from" we are following guidelines". Unvaxxed were not welcome this morning and now they are, how's the club looking after fans never mind the health of fans here? 

You still going on and on. 

It's only because the APP doesn't work really. 

And Government gave it a bit more time to start properly. Do we have evidence of loads of people getting Covid from Tynecastle last week?

5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Big Bernie use to take his dog with him to every game, in fact I think he took it with him everywhere. Yeah, the cars were for the disabled, there were usually a few at Tynecastle back in the day.

Aye, I was on his bus a few times. Left from the green tree and the dug was the most sensible one on it.