***Official Ross County vs Heart Of Midlothian Match Thread***

William H. Bonney

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Really? That's pretty shitty from GMS if true.

Maybe just feeling really disappointed in not scoring and pissed off with himself. 

Wouldn't read too much into it. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry Potter

• King prawn

• GinRummy

• Hearts1975

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Sure but Robbie's quote implies that the risk was known and not dealt with by the players...

Or the instructions were wrong, whatever, it was poor defending and planning. 

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There's literally nothing in that quote a sane person can complain about.

In your opinion.
Two goals lost is simply not good enough when you know the threat. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

The team certainly have a lots of grit and resilience about them and this season has been better than I thought so far. Disappointing results in the last 3 games though and still some poor defending, mostly covered by Gordon, some pish finishing as well. Feel our chances of improving are fairly good though. Optimistic. 

I'm with you. It's nice being in this position and being able to see the improvements needed and feel a little disappointed. (While not doing all that keyboard rage stuff)

I'm optimistic this will be a good season.

8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

In your opinion.

You were complaining that we didn't have plans to deal with the threat, like you got that from his quote. It's bollocks.

Not happy dropping points but no one can say we haven't changed our approach to away games. 

Definitely more attacking than it has been. 

14 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

In your opinion.

He did know the threat.  He said that in his interview.   It's the players fault if he has made them aware of it and they haven't done anything about it.

Do you think he only said he was a threat after the game?  

Exile fae Main Street

Watched the game on Alba  having avoided knowing the score....until Alba flashed up 5 mins afore the game.....have to say it was a dire match, awful to watch....we seemed to be outbattled....players didn't win the right to play.

44 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Or weren’t told to prioritise the marking or maybe even the set up was wrong. Bottom line it should have been dealt with. 

Yes it should have been dealt with - by the players on the park!

1 minute ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Watched the game on Alba  having avoided knowing the score....until Alba flashed up 5 mins afore the game.....have to say it was a dire match, awful to watch....we seemed to be outbattled....players didn't win the right to play.

I watched it as well and no idea how you came to that conclusion.

we were excellent in spells in the first half and should have scored 2 or 3. Granted we looked sloppy at the back but both there goals came at really bad times. Thought it was a very good game to watch. 

2-2 draw isn't the end of the world, and it might turn out a decent point. Still undefeated in the league as we go into back-to-back home games against Livingston and Motherwell where we should be picking up maximum points. The squad is full of quality players now which is great but today has shown we really should've strengthened the RB and ST positions. 

Let's take the positives from today because, by all accounts, there were plenty. We move on to next week now and the focus should be on pumping Livi rotten.

Schlappekicker
3 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I know we had loads of chances today but imo you don't change a successful team. Robbie has to take part of the blame for us not winning today.

Successful??

We couldn’t beat the scum at Tynecastle 6 days ago. He was entirely correct to ring the changes after that.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ah, so you’re saying I’m being over simplistic? Okay. Halliday and Baningime play the same position, but are completely different styles of player. They are not a direct comparison. Just like Ikpeazu and Gnanduillet in no way shape or form a direct comparison. In my opinion to say either are a “donkey” is ridiculous at any rate, but how anyone with basic observational skills could say that about Gnanduillet especially is beyond me.

My post said my assumptions are confirmed. I never specified what those assumptions were, but I went on to explain they were “either” a dreg of society at worst OR a troll. They are, at the very least a troll, and that to me has been confirmed.

I have already requested that you clarify for me (and it looks like others as well), what your ‘assumptions’ are? I think we all know what you are inferring but you are clearly not brave enough to do so. If you think that I am being racist comparing a very strong but very limited ability striker i.e. UI with a very tall but very limited ability striker I.e. AG, why can’t you say so? 
Just to be absolutely clear, I think both UI and AG are in football terms…donkeys! 

18 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

I really don’t get that opinion at all. The game, by spl standards was decent. We weren’t out battled at any point, the players done fine with the physical side of it and looked easily the better team for most of the match. Once again, we made mistakes at both ends of the pitch and that’s what cost us.

18 minutes ago, karipidis said:

we were excellent in spells in the first half and should have scored 2 or 3. Granted we looked sloppy at the back but both there goals came at really bad times. Thought it was a very good game to watch. 

2nd half was pretty poor in its entirety, despite dominating play & County posing no threat. . Far from "a very good game to watch. ", but each to their own. 

maroonedinbriz
21 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Couldn't disagree  more. From when they equalised  it was turgid.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I really don’t get that opinion at all. The game, by spl standards was decent. We weren’t out battled at any point, the players done fine with the physical side of it and looked easily the better team for most of the match. Once again, we made mistakes at both ends of the pitch and that’s what cost us.

Souttar needs to be more dominant with more conviction. He wasn’t the only one mind. That chance right at the end for them partly came about from us standing off them too much.  Souttar had to get closer initially to White and press the ball at the centre of the box. We just seemed to ball watch. 

He did well to get back on the goal line though.  

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

2nd half was pretty poor in its entirety, despite dominating play & County posing no threat. . Far from "a very good game to watch. ", but each to their own. 

Each to their own indeed. It was pretty end to end with both teams set u to attack, us more than County. Four goals (our two very good), lots of attempts on goal, several good saves. That's as good as it gets in our league.

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Souttar needs to be more dominant with more conviction. He wasn’t the only one mind. That chance right at the end for them partly came about from us standing off them too much.  Souttar had to get closer initially to White and press the ball at the centre of the box. We just seemed to ball watch. 

Had stopped watching by then because some arsehole came to my door to collect a parcel I’d taken in for him. The defence looked very uncertain at times today. Marking was poor and just not up to the standard needed. There were some unforced errors against Hibs as well. Need to tighten right up. 

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Seriously? Always amazed how people can have polar opposite views of the same match. You're probably in the minority going by the reaction of most people who watched and the press reports.

Exile fae Main Street
27 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Well opinions will always differ, but imo it was eye bleeding stuff, though we could've gone in at half-time 3 or 4 up granted. The ball took an awful leathering the day for sure, we didn't respond to their in your faces style and in the end were brought down to their level.

2 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Well opinions will always differ, but imo it was eye bleeding stuff, though we could've gone in at half-time 3 or 4 up granted. The ball took an awful leathering the day for sure, we didn't respond to their in your faces style and in the end were brought down to their level.

Fair enough but if that was eye bleeding, how would you describe some of the games last season?

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Had stopped watching by then because some arsehole came to my door to collect a parcel I’d taken in for him. The defence looked very uncertain at times today. Marking was poor and just not up to the standard needed. There were some unforced errors against Hibs as well. Need to tighten right up. 

Thanks for the parcel BTW

1 hour ago, everton_jambo said:

Incredibly frustrating but bizarrely not as terrible a result as it could have been after Hibs and Aberdeen also dropping points.

Although days like today show exactly why teams outside the OF won’t mount a title challenge unless something dramatically and unexpectedly changes.

At 2-1 watching on catch up Alba I had a big list of complaints  (Hearts No 6 at fault for both goals was strange) but overall it was okay especially with other results. 

More important how you end the season. Still building and we don't have our best team starting yet. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Eh? What are you on about? You don't think they planned to stop the threat, failed, and that's why he's frustrated?

There's literally nothing in that quote a sane person can complain about.

Perhaps the poster was stating the obvious. If Neilson saw a threat why didn’t he plan accordingly. By the way, sanity is a perception.

Guest ToqueJambo
55 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

He did know the threat.  He said that in his interview.   It's the players fault if he has made them aware of it and they haven't done anything about it.

Do you think he only said he was a threat after the game?  

Every team always knows the other team's main threats and set up to combat them. Doesn't always happen obviously otherwise every game would be 0-0

Exile fae Main Street
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough but if that was eye bleeding, how would you describe some of the games last season?

Thanks for reminding me, they were awful too, awful indeed! Wish we had a more mobile striker.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Not mocking - just wondering what else there is to do there...

On a smaller scale much of what there is to do in Edinburgh or London. Shopping. Eating. Drinking. Cinema. Golfing. Running. Cycling. Watching telly. Gardening. And so on. Whatever many hundreds of thousands do In Edinburgh and surrounding areas and not going to Tynecastle.

6 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Perhaps the poster was stating the obvious. If Neilson saw a threat why didn’t he plan accordingly. By the way, sanity is a perception.

You think that's what's obvious?

4 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Thanks for reminding me, they were awful too, awful indeed! Wish we had a more mobile striker.

Agree. Let’s just forget about last season. It was mostly ****ing grim. 

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

On a smaller scale much of what there is to do in Edinburgh or London. Shopping. Eating. Drinking. Cinema. Golfing. Running. Cycling. Watching telly. Gardening. And so on. Whatever many hundreds of thousands do In Edinburgh and surrounding areas and not going to Tynecastle.

Indeed. Been leccy in Dingwall since at least 2011

30 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I thought the same today re souttar , I also thought he wasn’t great against hibs , possibly the negotiations of a new contract is affecting him and the sooner that’s sorted the better.

I thought the same today re souttar , I also thought he wasn’t great against hibs , possiblythe negotiations of a new contract is affecting him and the sooner that’s sorted the better.

Cant really blame the Management today.We wanted an attacking team and we got one At times we looked great especially early on and after they equalised I feel gutted about it tonight but surely a big win is coming soon

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We cant!! Outrageous by the ref. Nobody even tried to claim.

Didnt know you can appeal simulation. An apology from the ref monday morning would be nice. 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, chazza74 said:

I thought the same today re souttar , I also thought he wasn’t great against hibs , possiblythe negotiations of a new contract is affecting him and the sooner that’s sorted the better.

I agree he didn't play his best versus Hibs but today I thought that in the back line he was playing more left than his normal position next to the right back. At times he didn't look comfortable playing further left.

It was a game we could have won, and again I'd have preferred to see Liam Boyce being the number 9 player, rather than playing what could be classed as the number 10 position, today it was behind Gnanduilllet. And I think I've been very patient with Gnanduillet, but once again today showed, in my opinion, he isn't good enough to be leading the Hearts line. We looked good going forward at times but too often when it came to the ball been played into the penalty area the best/only striker we have, Liam Boyce, wasn't in the scoring position but was located outside the box. And although I know such players don't grow on trees we could really use a midfield player in the Colin Camerson/Paul Hartley mould, just to link up the back line with the player(s) up front, without spending too much time going sideways rather than forward.

We just have to be careful that when chances are created we convert them, because in this game if we keep dropping points via draws we will inevitably begin to slip down the table.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Just watched highlights

More than enough chances to win it comfortably 

Could also have lost it

Liam Boyce, two observations.

1. Not celebrating the goal is classy 

2. 2nd game in a row he went for a cross with his foot when a header was the option 

Also Hibs penalty? WTF was the defender thinking about? Ref had just warned them about holding.

And Porteous is a massive fud 

Nelly Terraces

Score a lucky goal from a deflection.  Another from a free kick.

Draw against a very poor team who haven't won a game so far this season.

Kinda how I thought things would be under Robbie Nelson in this league, i.e pretty average to mediocre. 

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

Kinda how I thought things would be under Robbie Nelson in this league, i.e pretty average to mediocre. 

Yip, excuses will be forthcoming no doubt.

The referee was pish as usual.

I've been critical of Neilson but I thought County were coming on to a game after seeing some of their albeit infrequent moves against celtic.

Should have could have taken 3 points but still undefeated and I can see improvement in intent and understanding in the team.

Wanted Neilson gone but hes here and it's better.

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You make it sound like we were lucky, scoring two breakaway goals or something. It was a good game of football.

Did you also think we'd be unbeaten in the league under Robbie Neilson after playing Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen and be challenging at the top ahead of Aberdeen and Celtic? That seems better than average. Mind you, being consistently in one of the top positions in the league is very much average for Hearts under Neilson. An above average season for him (in this league) would be finishing 2nd or better.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Ok guys said on the previous posts  that I never watched the game , what’s your overall opinion .., good bad or ugly? Happy, disappointed or satisfied with the result … the the way we played? 

7 minutes ago, One five said:

Ok guys said on the previous posts  that I never watched the game , what’s your overall opinion .., good bad or ugly? Happy, disappointed or satisfied with the result … the the way we played? 

Watched it twice. Players out of positions. Square pegs in round holes. Clueless management.