Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hope to see the big man at Castle 

Greyskull in 2 weeks. 

The games at snake mountain.

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, jackal said:

Think he has been unfortunate that we have had to make other subs because of injuries. 

Had Michael Smith gone off I'd agree but he didnt. Clearly just down to tactics. If I was gnando sitting in the stand watching boyce not do very much for the last 30 minutes I would be very pissed off.

Robbie has to give him minutes in games.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Had Michael Smith gone off I'd agree but he didnt. Clearly just down to tactics. If I was gnando sitting in the stand watching boyce not do very much for the last 30 minutes I would be very pissed off.

Robbie has to give him minutes in games.

No, no, you’re doing it all wrong. You’re not meant to use common sense in such things (particularly yesterday when we unnecessarily made it hard for ourselves the last 30 minute by inviting pressure on ourselves and having zero outlet for Gordon’s long kicking which a 6’4 striker with heading ability and strength could’ve helped get us up the pitch), what you’re meant to do is say things like he isolates himself and took a jobby in the stands for not being allowed on so that people can infer that he has a supposed attitude problem. That’s how JKB works, remember?

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No, no, you’re doing it all wrong. You’re not meant to use common sense in such things (particularly yesterday when we unnecessarily made it hard for ourselves the last 30 minute by inviting pressure on ourselves and having zero outlet for Gordon’s long kicking which a 6’4 striker with heading ability and strength could’ve helped get us up the pitch), what you’re meant to do is say things like he isolates himself and took a jobby in the stands for not being allowed on so that people can infer that he has a supposed attitude problem. That’s how JKB works, remember?

Was the jobby in lower N!?!? Someone needs to have a word with their pal!!!

13 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He came back out. 

I'd have had him on after an hour.

I dont think he is getting a fair chance.

I happened to notice he positioned himself at the tunnel entrance just as full time approached and was straight up it at the final whistle.  Maybe he had somewhere else to be?!

1 hour ago, Devorgilla said:

I happened to notice he positioned himself at the tunnel entrance just as full time approached and was straight up it at the final whistle.  Maybe he had somewhere else to be?!

First in the bath. Did the same a couple of games ago 🤔

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

First in the bath. Did the same a couple of games ago 🤔

He'd already been in when last sub came on so I assumed he was getting changed then. Kept an eye out to see if he'd return and he did.

Feel a bit sorry for him to be honest, not sure he is being given the minutes he should. If he isnt good enough why didn't we prioritise getting a replacement in during the summer, we had enough time, I know we had targets etc, I just feel if boyce goes off the boil then will gnando be that fussed to play?

PhoenixHearts
3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

He’s simply not good enough for Hearts

And this is based on what? He has a decent enough goals to minutes ratio given he sees the pitch so sporadically. He’s a much harder worker than many give him credit for and his inability to get on the field is almost entirely circumstantial and less to do with his quality as a player.

Harry Potter
On 03/10/2021 at 00:27, Pans Jambo said:

Hope to see the big man at Castle 

Greyskull in 2 weeks. 

handy to score at the back post with a header

5 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

And this is based on what? He has a decent enough goals to minutes ratio given he sees the pitch so sporadically. He’s a much harder worker than many give him credit for and his inability to get on the field is almost entirely circumstantial and less to do with his quality as a player.

Are you saying that the only way to decide if a player is good enough is if the player has a run of games? If so, how did so many decide (quite rightly) that e.g. Beni is a player after 30 mins?

Edited by bobskeldon

6 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Based on watching him. You should try it.

BackOfTheNet
9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

How dare you bring logic into this conversation! You’re meant to form an opinion after watching someone for 30 minutes and nothing else for crying out loud. (Pretty sure he scored two in his first 30 minutes, but let’s ignore that point for now) Form an opinion with your just as or more ignorant mates in a  group chat or pub whilst pished and stick to that opinion come hell or high water for christ sake. That’s how how things are meant to work around here!

Absolute Scenes
9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

based on laziness in actually bothering to read into what he contributes to the team. Clearly hasnt lifted his head up from the armchair he sits in. These kind of throwaway posts anger me to my core. No basis, no fact or evidence, just "feel like he is"

On 02/10/2021 at 23:02, heartsfc_fan said:

Absolutely

Thats the way it should be,keeps everyone on their toes,too many players previously were taking their place for granted.

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

based on laziness in actually bothering to read into what he contributes to the team. Clearly hasnt lifted his head up from the armchair he sits in. These kind of throwaway posts anger me to my core. No basis, no fact or evidence, just "feel like he is"

Clearly RN is in the ‘doesn’t contribute enough to start or even get on’ camp!

Trust me, if this changes and he starts/gets on and turns out to be a player, I will accept every bit of criticism you and other AG fans give me. However, when he leaves in January/Summer please don’t use the “he was a player but he never got enough games’ nonsense to cover your scouting ineptitude!

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

Clearly RN is in the ‘doesn’t contribute enough to start or even get on’ camp!

Trust me, if this changes and he starts/gets on and turns out to be a player, I will accept every bit of criticism you and other AG fans give me. However, when he leaves in January/Summer please don’t use the “he was a player but he never got enough games’ nonsense to cover your scouting ineptitude!

so, based on the fact our manager sticks to a 343 where the main striker in that formation is the SPL's top scorer at the moment - how do you fit Gnando ito that without dropping one of our other terrific performers? You clearly havent seen enough of him to have an accurate judgement. he has more than a 1 in 4 ratio, which is decent for someone who hasnt played many games. Just because he doesnt play, doesnt mean he's not good enough. It just so happens this is the strongest squad we have had for a long time and ironically means we have folk who would walk into any other team below the OF, on the bench

BackOfTheNet

Here we go with the extremes again. I don’t think anyone on this thread would describe themselves as a Gnanduillet “fan”. In fact, I and others have specified that we’re not saying he’s immense or anything, we’re just saying that based purely on what can be observed from his playing time for Hearts that to describe him as not good enough, crap or a donkey is completely nonsensical and doesn’t align with observational evidence. Defending Gnanduillet against ridiculous over the top without merit criticism doesn’t make anyone a fan or fan boy, it just makes them a person that doesn’t like seeing a player for their own team unjustly targeted for no apparent reason.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

so, based on the fact our manager sticks to a 343 where the main striker in that formation is the SPL's top scorer at the moment - how do you fit Gnando ito that without dropping one of our other terrific performers? You clearly havent seen enough of him to have an accurate judgement. he has more than a 1 in 4 ratio, which is decent for someone who hasnt played many games. Just because he doesnt play, doesnt mean he's not good enough. It just so happens this is the strongest squad we have had for a long time and ironically means we have folk who would walk into any other team below the OF, on the bench

So according to you AG would be a starter at Hibs, Utd, Motherwell, Aberdeen etc WOW!  He might (might) be a starter at Livingston because they have always set their side up to play for seconds e.g. Lyndon Dykes 

Delusional is not strong enough a word for this.

Pasquale for King

I think the only way the big guy starts is if we change to a 4231, or someone else is injured. 
The wing backs and wingers would have an easier job with crosses if he was on the pitch but we are doing ok without him just now. 
He will get his chance, he needs to take it when it comes. 

BackOfTheNet
46 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think the only way the big guy starts is if we change to a 4231, or someone else is injured. 
The wing backs and wingers would have an easier job with crosses if he was on the pitch but we are doing ok without him just now. 
He will get his chance, he needs to take it when it comes. 

It was clear that the players were told to either hit low crosses or not to cross at all, as Motherwell has a large defence. Understandable of course, but when you’ve got a player on the bench that would be immediately as tall or taller than the opposition in most circumstances that would be the very definition of ‘offers something different’, and we’re not yet utilising that variety in options. 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

So according to you AG would be a starter at Hibs, Utd, Motherwell, Aberdeen etc WOW!  He might (might) be a starter at Livingston because they have always set their side up to play for seconds e.g. Lyndon Dykes 

Delusional is not strong enough a word for this.

I 100% stand by this. He'sd be an upgrade on Nisbett for sure based on his stats this season. JET cant get a game, he'd be ahead of him at Aberdeen, Ahead of the Motherwell huddy that plays along Watt. I think the delusion sits with yourself as you fail to see what he brings to our team. The only reason he isnt starting is down to Boyce being on fire, that is all. Neilson has already come out to list why Gnando is important to team. He was top goalscorer in League 1 with Blackpool, already an upgrade on the type of player that the likes of Motherwell, Livingstone, Dundee United etc attract. 

He’ll get a chance at some point in the season - we’re only 8 games in but you can’t drop the league’s top scorer and why would we change our formation when it’s what has led us to an unbeaten 8 game start.

22 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It was clear that the players were told to either hit low crosses or not to cross at all, as Motherwell has a large defence. Understandable of course, but when you’ve got a player on the bench that would be immediately as tall or taller than the opposition in most circumstances that would be the very definition of ‘offers something different’, and we’re not yet utilising that variety in options. 

😂

9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I 100% stand by this. He'sd be an upgrade on Nisbett for sure based on his stats this season. JET cant get a game, he'd be ahead of him at Aberdeen, Ahead of the Motherwell huddy that plays along Watt. I think the delusion sits with yourself as you fail to see what he brings to our team. The only reason he isnt starting is down to Boyce being on fire, that is all. Neilson has already come out to list why Gnando is important to team. He was top goalscorer in League 1 with Blackpool, already an upgrade on the type of player that the likes of Motherwell, Livingstone, Dundee United etc attract. 

Wow!

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

😂

What’s so funny? The being told not to cross the ball thing? As that’s clearly what anyone who was at the game could see. If you don’t actually watch matches or couldn’t see that then that would explain your opinions on this thread more it has to be said.

44 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What’s so funny? The being told not to cross the ball thing? As that’s clearly what anyone who was at the game could see. If you don’t actually watch matches or couldn’t see that then that would explain your opinions on this thread more it has to be said.

Watch the game back and you will see what I think is funny. M Smith, Kingsley and Cochrane must have crossed/attempted a cross 4/5 times each in the first half alone. Told not to cross it, that’s a belter!

Takeshi kovac

Boyce shouldn't be dropped to give Gnando minutes on the park. He has 10 goals already and anyone saying he should be dropped is stupid, BUT Gnando should be getting game time. On Saturday we brought GMS on when Boycie was crying out for support.  Motherwells centre half were giants and Boyce wasn't getting much change out of them, Gnando would definitely shown them something different and unsettled them. All it will take is an injury to our top scorer then we are relying on a Stiker that for whatever reason Robbie doesn't want to play

Pasquale for King

Yeah it was clear as day that were that the tactics, not sure the subs he made on Saturday were the right ones. Haring on for Halkett instead of Halliday on for Woodburn would’ve given him the option to bring Gnanduillet on with GMS and get him and McKay to cross for him. 

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Watch the game back and you will see what I think is funny. M Smith, Kingsley and Cochrane must have crossed/attempted a cross 4/5 times each in the first half alone. Told not to cross it, that’s a belter!

You only deal in absolutes don’t you? When a manager tells you not to cross it cause the guys are huge, that doesn’t mean should an opportunity present itself that a player should turn face and not cross (although Devlin done that at least once). It means when there’s a choice, keep it short or if crossing, cross it low. It was clear and the fact you couldn’t see it speaks volumes.

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah it was clear as day that were that the tactics, not sure the subs he made on Saturday were the right ones. Haring on for Halkett instead of Halliday on for Woodburn would’ve given him the option to bring Gnanduillet on with GMS and get him and McKay to cross for him. 

Thank you! And yes, Haring for Halkett was obvious for me, Halliday didn’t offer much in preventing the attacks by Motherwell and as I’ve pointed out before, we needed an outlet for the ball to go up to to get us up the park.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You only deal in absolutes don’t you? When a manager tells you not to cross it cause the guys are huge, that doesn’t mean should an opportunity present itself that a player should turn face and not cross (although Devlin done that at least once). It means when there’s a choice, keep it short or if crossing, cross it low. It was clear and the fact you couldn’t see it speaks volumes.

Thank you! And yes, Haring for Halkett was obvious for me, Halliday didn’t offer much in preventing the attacks by Motherwell and as I’ve pointed out before, we needed an outlet for the ball to go up to to get us up the park.

Agreed. Moving two players to accommodate Halliday didn’t work, or going to a four either. 

51 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So you stick by your quote that players were told not to cross it?

BackOfTheNet
22 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

So you stick by your quote that players were told not to cross it?

Jesus **** christ you’re high maintenance aren’t you? I stick by my observation that there was a clear tactic that was told to the players to avoid crossing into the box because their defence were made up of giants, yes. And I’m not saying it was a bad tactic either. Boyce never won a header all day and any crosses into the box would’ve been cleared by them. It made sense. What are you not getting about that?

If you’re being pedantic and asking whether I think Neilson said the exact words “do not cross the ball under any circumstances” rather than advise a tactic to avoid balls into the box their giants would clear, then you’re more of an antagonising troll than I thought you were.

Jesus **** christ you’re high maintenance aren’t you? I stick by my observation that there was a clear tactic that was told to the players to avoid crossing into the box because their defence were made up of giants, yes. And I’m not saying it was a bad tactic either. Boyce never won a header all day and any crosses into the box would’ve been cleared by them. It made sense. What are you not getting about that?

If you’re being pedantic and asking whether I think Neilson said the exact words “do not cross the ball under any circumstances” rather than advise a tactic to avoid balls into the box their giants would clear, then you’re more of an antagonising troll than I thought you were.

I am merely interested as to how you know what RN instructed any players to do? You state “there was a clear tactic that was told to the players to avoid crossing into the box”! This means that either a player informed you of this, a member of the coaching staff informed you of this or you made it up. Personally  I think you made it up. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
24 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Despite the injury to halkett I would still have gnando on before GMS. 

I agree. In hindsight I know, but he brought nothing after he came on. Gnando will get minutes eventually but will just have to bide his time. As others have said. Hard to change a winning formula unless injury related.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

I am merely interested as to how you know what RN instructed any players to do? You state “there was a clear tactic that was told to the players to avoid crossing into the box”! This means that either a player informed you of this, a member of the coaching staff informed you of this or you made it up. Personally  I think you made it up. 

Serious question, not taking the piss here: do you have learning difficulties? Or a diagnosis of not being able to comprehend things in a way that would otherwise be deemed normal? I’m genuinely asking this as I don’t want to be insulting if any of this applies. If it does apply then I apologise for the next paragraph in advance.

If it doesn’t, then you’re thick as mince. I didn’t speak to the manager, players or coaching staff to know what the formation was. Or who was designated as corner taker (on that, did you notice how many short ones were taken, hmmm?). I didn’t talk to players, management etc to know who were defenders, who was in midfield etc. You see, I have these things called eyes, when at Tynecastle I use them to get an idea of what is happening in front of me (to be fair I use my eyes pretty much like that all the time). Now, these eyes are what told me who was playing on Saturday. My eyes saw Kingsley’s free kick go in. My eyes saw Halkett go down injured. My eyes saw us go from three at the back to a back 4. And yes, my eyes saw the short corners and players on the wings looking for through balls, one-twos or playing it back rather than a traditional cross.

I mean for god sake man one of posts you’ve quoted me contains a reply to not just you but someone who also said it was “clear as day” they were advised not to cross into the box. Are they also going to be asked about their ITK credentials? Or are there observations going to be dismissed too, simply because you don’t agree with them? (Or more likely as you see what you want to see, you’ll stubbornly hold your ground on a point despite how stupid and antagonistic it may make you look)

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Savage Vince
33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Serious question, not taking the piss here: do you have learning difficulties? Or a diagnosis of not being able to comprehend things in a way that would otherwise be deemed normal? I’m genuinely asking this as I don’t want to be insulting if any of this applies. If it does apply then I apologise for the next paragraph in advance.

If it doesn’t, then you’re thick as mince. I didn’t speak to the manager, players or coaching staff to know what the formation was. Or who was designated as corner taker (on that, did you notice how many short ones were taken, hmmm?). I didn’t talk to players, management etc to know who were defenders, who was in midfield etc. You see, I have these things called eyes, when at Tynecastle I use them to get an idea of what is happening in front of me (to be fair I use my eyes pretty much like that all the time). Now, these eyes are what told me who was playing on Saturday. My eyes saw Kingsley’s free kick go in. My eyes saw Halkett go down injured. My eyes saw us go from three at the back to a back 4. And yes, my eyes saw the short corners and players on the wings looking for through balls, one-twos or playing it back rather than a traditional cross.

I mean for god sake man one of posts you’ve quoted me contains a reply to not just you but someone who also said it was “clear as day” they were advised not to cross into the box. Are they also going to be asked about their ITK credentials? Or are there observations going to be dismissed too, simply because you don’t agree with them? (Or more likely as you see what you want to see, you’ll stubbornly hold your ground on a point despite how stupid and antagonistic it may make you look)

What a full-on melt of a post. 

41 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I agree. In hindsight I know, but he brought nothing after he came on. Gnando will get minutes eventually but will just have to bide his time. As others have said. Hard to change a winning formula unless injury related.

If we don’t expect GMS to get to the bye line and just hang around centrally, Jamie Walker is a better option. I think the change should have been Ginnelly.

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Despite the injury to halkett I would still have gnando on before GMS. 

Mackay Steven is lucky to be in the squad for me at the moment, the odd flash is not good enough. He has ability ofcourse but chicken hearted 

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Mackay Steven is lucky to be in the squad for me at the moment, the odd flash is not good enough. He has ability ofcourse but chicken hearted 

Good option if we need to throw on a player to find a late goal but hard to see how he fits beyond that at the moment.

BackOfTheNet
46 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

What a full-on melt of a post. 

I’m never 100% sure when I say things that they are correct. I always think you need an element of doubt to allow space for your mind to be changed should the facts that present it. What does make me know I’m 100% correct is when someone like you replies to a post like mine’s the way you did. Confirms my certainty, so cheers for that.

Savage Vince
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m never 100% sure when I say things that they are correct. I always think you need an element of doubt to allow space for your mind to be changed should the facts that present it. What does make me know I’m 100% correct is when someone like you replies to a post like mine’s the way you did. Confirms my certainty, so cheers for that.

😃

54 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

👍