• bobskeldon

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

👍

We were told that the striker from Walsall Adebayo who we bid for was our second choice because Nando had not agreed a deal with us I am calling bullshit on this as Adebayo has been scoring with frequency in the championship 

20 minutes ago, pointon said:

We were told that the striker from Walsall Adebayo who we bid for was our second choice because Nando had not agreed a deal with us I am calling bullshit on this as Adebayo has been scoring with frequency in the championship 

He is not what we need and I think JS and RN know it, he would be OK in a team that predominantly ‘plays for seconds’ but we are playing everything into feet and we need someone who can play in this system. He will be away in January.

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Settle yourself petal. At no point did I say he can only score with his head. I said he’d likely score MORE if we were firing crosses aimed at his head. 

I'm quite settled petal thanks - You on the other hand seem to be getting quite rattled at the fact someone has voiced a different opinion to you. Go put the kettle on, have a nice cup of tea and chill !

1 minute ago, Firefox said:

I'm quite settled petal thanks - You on the other hand seem to be getting quite rattled at the fact someone has voiced a different opinion to you. Go put the kettle on, have a nice cup of tea and chill !

Rattled. Sitting on my arse posting On a football forum ? Is that even a thing ?

Have a different opinion all day long mate. I do.

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Rattled. Sitting on my arse posting On a football forum ? Is that even a thing ?

Have a different opinion all day long mate. I do.

👍

I’ll be interested to see how he gets on now that we have better suppliers in the squad. I thought he made a big difference when he came on at the weekend, as he commits defenders and creates space for others. He’s a handful.  

The Goalscoring Knee

I thought he found more space in the time he was on than Boyce managed in the hour he was playing. Appreciate that Livvy were knackered and the game was won but still, I thought he did alright. And it was a lovely lay-off to free up Mackay for the third.

6 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

I thought he found more space in the time he was on than Boyce managed in the hour he was playing. Appreciate that Livvy were knackered and the game was won but still, I thought he did alright. And it was a lovely lay-off to free up Mackay for the third.

Yeah, I thought he did well also on Saturday... in fact, when he comes on he usually does well and is involved (in some capacity) in goals.

Boycie, on he other hand, I thought was quite static on Saturday (for him). Found myself shouting at him a couple of times for a bit of 'movement' when we took the ball over the half way line. Led me to think he was told to play as out-and-out striker against Livi - he certainly didn't seem to come as deep as he usually does. Still took his goal (penalty) well when called upon, so I hope I'm not being too critical... just an observation.

Absolute Scenes
8 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

I’ll be interested to see how he gets on now that we have better suppliers in the squad. I thought he made a big difference when he came on at the weekend, as he commits defenders and creates space for others. He’s a handful.  

He really is. I would hate to play against him. I just hope we utilise him as i can see him going elsewhere and doing a Bjorn

7 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Correct.  I love Boyce, but when you’re a sole striker you need to work harder to drag centre halves out of position or work the channels.  

42 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Correct.  I love Boyce, but when you’re a sole striker you need to work harder to drag centre halves out of position or work the channels.  

I’m not really sure what role Boyce is playing but I think sole striker is a stretch. He is behind the other two forwards a lot of the time. I hear people talking about a false nine but I’ve never fully understood what that is.  

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not really sure what role Boyce is playing but I think sole striker is a stretch. He is behind the other two forwards a lot of the time. I hear people talking about a false nine but I’ve never fully understood what that is.  

The explainers I see are always blah blah Uruguay blah blah Hungary but the most concrete thing I've seen is that it's how Pep often used Messi. Effectively, when your most advanced center forward ends up playing in a more central attacking midfielder role for part of the game, leaving the "target man" spot vacant.

Mostly though thinking through this I think we should start calling him "Lionel Boycie." 😏

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

The explainers I see are always blah blah Uruguay blah blah Hungary but the most concrete thing I've seen is that it's how Pep often used Messi. Effectively, when your most advanced center forward ends up playing in a more central attacking midfielder role for part of the game, leaving the "target man" spot vacant.

Mostly though thinking through this I think we should start calling him "Lionel Boycie." 😏

Thanks. Had a chortle at Lionel Boycie as well 😂

Clerry Jambo

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/armand-gnanduillet-the-truth-about-my-hearts-walkout-and-why-my-time-will-come-3402925

Armand Gnanduillet: The truth about my Hearts 'walkout' and why my time will come

You have to laugh. Sometimes it’s the only way to deal with football’s incessant rumours. Armand Gnanduillet puts the theory into practice when we meet at Riccarton.

Edited by Clerry Jambo

ScandinavianJambo
42 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/armand-gnanduillet-the-truth-about-my-hearts-walkout-and-why-my-time-will-come-3402925

Armand Gnanduillet: The truth about my Hearts 'walkout' and why my time will come

You have to laugh. Sometimes it’s the only way to deal with football’s incessant rumours. Armand Gnanduillet puts the theory into practice when we meet at Riccarton.

Explains his mind we which to me is a positive one! The romour mill in here is like an old laddies tea room at times 😅

BackOfTheNet
3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Well that can put that rumour to rest. Well, you’d think, but I’m sure some will still believe it regardless.

Also, not sure how anyone reading/hearing what he says and how he thinks could ever label him with an attitude problem. Anyone that does indulges in pub chat pish punditry. There are some trying to use his supposed attitude as a stick to beat him with, when clearly his attitude is a great one. All they’ll have left is terrible takes on his supposed lack of ability on the pitch, which doesn’t mirror what people with eyes can observe on a match day, but hey ho.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well that can put that rumour to rest. Well, you’d think, but I’m sure some will still believe it regardless.

Also, not sure how anyone reading/hearing what he says and how he thinks could ever label him with an attitude problem. Anyone that does indulges in pub chat pish punditry. There are some trying to use his supposed attitude as a stick to beat him with, when clearly his attitude is a great one. All they’ll have left is terrible takes on his supposed lack of ability on the pitch, which doesn’t mirror what people with eyes can observe on a match day, but hey ho.

yeap - heavily involved in our third goal last weekend.

he'll not be happy being on the bench, but sounds like he knows the score. I really don't know if we'd find a better option at the moment.

On 29/09/2021 at 17:36, Broxburn Jambo said:

I still think he is a decent addition to our squad, He gives us something different, 

Only if used and played to his strengths!

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

yeap - heavily involved in our third goal last weekend.

he'll not be happy being on the bench, but sounds like he knows the score. I really don't know if we'd find a better option at the moment.

I don’t think we’d want any player to be happy to be on the bench. Funny how will some will see some players having an attitude if they aren’t happy though, where they’ll see others as good team players.

Gnanduillet has never had a proper run in the first team, but for me he has shown more than enough so that anyone with a bit of a footballing brain can see he’s a player. Some can refuse all they like, I don’t know why some have to be vehement by labelling him as “crap”, “cart horse” (when he’s probably quicker than Boyce) or “donkey”. Just people not realising they can have an opinion that isn’t one extreme or the other on the internet I suspect.

Broxburn Jambo
1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Only if used and played to his strengths!

Of course you are right, when he comes on the midfield and of course the wingmen need a different mindset from playing with Boyce, but in Woodburn, Devlin etc. we have the players to do that

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It really doesn’t matter how many times you say that you think he is a player, he is not. Nothing to do with his attitude, he is just not good enough ability wise and due to this (and not his attitude), he will be replaced sooner than later!

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Dinnae fret seeing as even if he bags a hat-trick v 'Well there'll undoubtedly be someone else lined up for the posse to get stuck into. Cannae really fault any of the 1st team starters recently, nor results, nor league placing, nor recruitment team; so they moved onto picking on someone from the (strong) bench to have a go at. At this rate they'll end up reduced to taking pot-shots at the medical team, or the ball-boys/girls, or whomever.

Edited by Wee Mikey

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

It really doesn’t matter how many times you say that you think he is a player, he is not. Nothing to do with his attitude, he is just not good enough ability wise and due to this (and not his attitude), he will be replaced sooner than later!

I’ve told you before, you are of course entitled to your opinion. But I too am entitled to believe that you have no observational or factual reason to come to your conclusion. To me, your opinion defies logic. But it is what it is.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Dinnae fret seeing as even if he bags a hat-trick v 'Well there'll undoubtably be someone else lined up for the posse to get stuck into. Cannae really fault any of the 1st team starters recently, nor results, nor league placing, nor recruitment team; so they moved onto picking on someone from the (strong) bench to have a go at. At this rate they'll end up reduced to taking pot-shots at the medical team, or the ball-boys/girls, or whomever.

There were people moaning and groaning when we were 3-0 up last week and more than a few on JKB in the aftermath (not least this thread) saying players played badly when that was about a complete performance as you could have from starting XI and subs. Some people will find something in anything to moan about. It’s their opinion and they’re sticking to it, regardless of any evidence to the contrary!

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

He looks extremely unhappy in the squad photo video Hearts just posted... 

...the cold will do that to you. 

He also has no arms at the beginning of it. Can’t believe he chopped off his arms in a huff over lack of playing time and Scottish weather meaning his nipples can cut glass.

32 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

as ever, time will tell. 

23 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

There were people moaning and groaning when we were 3-0 up last week and more than a few on JKB in the aftermath (not least this thread) saying players played badly when that was about a complete performance as you could have from starting XI and subs. Some people will find something in anything to moan about. It’s their opinion and they’re sticking to it, regardless of any evidence to the contrary!

I do wonder if the only thing which will stop any moaning will be a 5-0 or more. 

Prior to our first goal last Saturday I heard a couple of groans when the team passed the ball back to defenders to retain possession.

3 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

It's not a fact its only your opinion. 

Lone Striker

His interview in the EEN is quite encouraging, I'd say.

Frustrated at not getting enough game time - GOOD

Confident in his ability to score - GOOD

Wants the team to aim for top 2 - GOOD

Says Robbie trusts him - GOOD

14 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

His interview in the EEN is quite encouraging, I'd say.

Frustrated at not getting enough game time - GOOD

Confident in his ability to score - GOOD

Wants the team to aim for top 2 - GOOD

Says Robbie trusts him - GOOD

Just a pity his abilities in interviews aren’t matched on the pitch. His shot, if you can call it that, last Saturday, when the better option was to pass, was dreadful. While Robbies pride will keep him around in January, he won’t be here next season. 

Watt-Zeefuik
On 01/10/2021 at 07:38, bobskeldon said:

It's not opinion that he created the chance for the third goal last week with a clever hold-up and a touch into space for McKay. Raging about others opinions of him doesn't change that.

iain ferguson

He was the only unused sub to disappear up the tunnel when Haring came on as our third change. Not sure if he came back out? You would expect the squad to be there for the full game unless injured or unwell.

8 minutes ago, iain ferguson said:

He was the only unused sub to disappear up the tunnel when Haring came on as our third change. Not sure if he came back out? You would expect the squad to be there for the full game unless injured or unwell.

Yeah noticed that as well.

22 minutes ago, iain ferguson said:

Have it on good authority he needed a crap😂

Jambof3tornado
43 minutes ago, iain ferguson said:

He came back out. 

I'd have had him on after an hour.

I dont think he is getting a fair chance.

16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He came back out. 

I'd have had him on after an hour.

I dont think he is getting a fair chance.

Who would you play him instead of?

heartsfc_fan
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Think the gnando for Boyce sub should be used more often.

Agreed although I think today we had a forced sub taking Halkett off so maybe Nando was a planned change today.

Jean Louis Valois
9 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Agreed although I think today we had a forced sub taking Halkett off so maybe Nando was a planned change today.

Mad the options we have on our bench just now. Gino, Armand, Walker etc not even getting a look in.

heartsfc_fan
4 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Mad the options we have on our bench just now. Gino, Armand, Walker etc not even getting a look in.

Absolutely

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

Who would you play him instead of?

After 60 minutes today boyce off gnando on.

I'm not saying he's a starter,but we need to keep giving him time in case we lose boyce to injury.

We should have brought in better cover in the summer if Gnando isnt deemed good enough.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Didn't need to bring on gms if that's the case. Could have still given gnando some game time.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

After 60 minutes today boyce off gnando on.

I'm not saying he's a starter,but we need to keep giving him time in case we lose boyce to injury.

We should have brought in better cover in the summer if Gnando isnt deemed good enough.

Agree with this - well reasoned.

Pasquale for King

I think we could’ve done with him coming on today, if he had put Haring on instead of Halliday or GMS we might’ve made the latter part of the game a bit easier.