Gnanduillet

NB GIN

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Cool story, bro. 

Glad you enjoyed it. DM me your credit card details and I’ll send you a signed copy of the full version. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bobskeldon

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Nandos a good player that will more than contribute as the season goes on the leaves fall from the trees, the grass stops growing, the morning dew turns to morning frost, the grass turns to mud. We need a big target man. Hello Nando

Ps I'm drinking 

Sounds more like your enjoying a bit weed 😉

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Don't understand Robbie's treatment of Gnando. A bit like Levein with Vanecek.

Gnando is a bit of a poacher but scores goals. Should've come on against Hibs...

What treatment of him? 

Right type of game to give him a start. Give Boyce a bit of a rest and see what Gnando can do. I do like the look of him tbf 

If our players aren’t getting a game, then knuckle down and give more than everyone else in training. That should sort it.

Maybe that’s why Gnando hasn’t been starting games. It may be for a specific reason that no one is seeing. Obviously it could be as simple as Neilson just doesn’t want to leave out Boyce. 

Voice of reason
12 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Don't tell our poster who doubts his ability that.

Most people with eyes doubt Doig’s ability to be fair. Probably a realistic value is about £50K. Love how you identified the one point on the thread that was positive about Hibs and decided to run with that and not the actual topic of the thread. 

Back on topic, I do think Gnando needs to get more game time. Maybe even go 3-5-2 occasionally to pair him with Boyce.

I think that Robbie will drop a DM for another striker when we come

against a so called smaller team that we are more confident we can attack against. 

Today might be the 1st 🤞🏼

2 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I think that Robbie will drop a DM for another striker when we come

against a so called smaller team that we are more confident we can attack against. 

Today might be the 1st 🤞🏼

Can’t see that tbh. He’s played two deep central midfielders in every single game since he’s been back. 

We didn’t have the depth we now have. Far more options in attacking 3rd. Haring/Halliday were our strongest before Woodburn, Devlin, McKay were added. 

I may be way off I just have a feeling. Hopefully I’m right 🤞🏼

4 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Maybe that’s why Gnando hasn’t been starting games. It may be for a specific reason that no one is seeing. Obviously it could be as simple as Neilson just doesn’t want to leave out Boyce. 

I really think it’s as simple as we are playing so well , undefeated and therefore dropping anyone is not fair and unwise.  Dropping a fit Boyce is ridiculous in my opinion. Can you imagine the furore if he drops him and we get beaten. This place in particular ?  Resting him is different.  Loads of time and opportunities for the likes of Gnando to get game time then stake a claim to stay in the team by playing well

Neilson, understandably, won’t change a formula that’s got us undefeated so far. My main issue is he’s a bit too cautious when it comes to change of system. Mostly he goes change of personnel, but then some personnel like Boyce seem to be undroppable unless we’re in a commanding lead. I suspect we’ll see a sitting midfielder dropped and Gnanduillet coming on only if we’re behind come the second half in games, which may still prove to be too late of course. Thing is, you can’t really form a strong opinion on Gnanduillet either way unless he gets a run of games, and unless Boyce gets injured I can’t see Neilson providing him with that opportunity. Gnanduillet has shown more than enough in the games he has played that he deserves a run, but unless he gets a run then he’s never had a fair crack of the whip.

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Can’t remember but did he cost us anything or was it a free? 

Free, he negotiated his release from his Turkish club so was a free agent when we signed him

5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I really think it’s as simple as we are playing so well , undefeated and therefore dropping anyone is not fair and unwise.  Dropping a fit Boyce is ridiculous in my opinion. Can you imagine the furore if he drops him and we get beaten. This place in particular ?  Resting him is different.  Loads of time and opportunities for the likes of Gnando to get game time then stake a claim to stay in the team by playing well

Agree with all of that. 

Jean Louis Valois

Straight off down the tunnel again yesterday, looks absolutely desperate for a run of starts and a goal. Can't see it coming with Boyce in such good form.

Seemed to have big role in goal 3 and played over 35 mins. Not sure he can expect much more currently

Edited by Riccarton3

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Straight off down the tunnel again yesterday, looks absolutely desperate for a run of starts and a goal. Can't see it coming with Boyce in such good form.

Thought he was frustrating yesterday.  Initially he holds the ball up well but then holds onto it far too long instead of a quick, easy pass.  

Sub4TiddlerMurray
On 18/09/2021 at 10:38, jonnothejambo said:

….although Smith has scored a few in the past I don't think going forward is his best asset. His fitness is also a concern. 

Pretty sure it’s comments like this that led to Smith cupping his ears to the crowd after he scored that belter.

Smith is a top player and we’re lucky to have him. Remember, without him last week RN had to change the whole shape of the team and we didn’t look half as good as we did yesterday.

Jambof3tornado

If the ref had booked players earlier yesterday they wouldnt have been able to wrestle Gnando every time he was on the ball!! You could see him a few times lose possession too, then realise he was standing offside dwelling on it before jogging back.

Did notice he warmed up then went back to warm up with fitness coach/physio before coming on ,maybe targeting a niggle? 

Needs a goal or 2 but played his part yesterday. Glad he got game time.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
29 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I said on another thread yesterday that Smith was back to his best and that his fitness previously was a reason he was not playing well.

In his overall career with us he has been decent in an attacking sense and yesterday he was outstanding and I hope he can keep going as I do like him. 

If his cupping of the ear is having a go back at the fans then it looks like it had the desired effect.

I'm not so sure the moaners have had any motivating effect at all.

I suspect it's a lot more to do with the squad now being filled with better quality players that's lifting performance levels.

Simple facts, Boyce yesterday hardly had any touches of the ball. He didn’t trouble their centre backs in the slightest, he didn’t make runs to stretch them, he couldn’t outmuscle them and couldn’t/wouldn’t provide a back to goal option, and most certainly provided no threat at aerial duels. He’d have been lucky to touch the ball 10 times outside of the penalty. But I’m not criticising him, that was largely due to how we had Livingston set up, Boyce was incredibly isolated. Could he have maybe done more? I think so, but he’s scored when we needed him to.

Fact is Gnanduillet’s 30 minutes offered more than Boyce’s 60 minutes. He offered strength, aerial duel wins, showed nice touches and due to them chasing the game was able to show some nice angled rubs to get in behind defenders. On more than a few occasions was able to take the ball in and play intricate passing between one or two of his teammates, keeping possession and setting up attacking options, like the 3rd goal.

No one in our team played badly yesterday, so no one gets criticised, but for me Gnanduillet did better than the guy he replaced yesterday.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, pointon said:

Still not convinced with him think he will leave in January and we will sign a better replacement 

I am totally convinced…murder! Get rid of ASAP. For me, he is the only ‘mistake’ made by Joe Savage and/or Robbie Neilson.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Fact is Gnanduillet’s 30 minutes offered more than Boyce’s 60 minutes. He offered strength, aerial duel wins, showed nice touches and due to them chasing the game was able to show some nice angled rubs to get in behind defenders. On more than a few occasions was able to take the ball in and play intricate passing between one or two of his teammates, keeping possession and setting up attacking options, like the 3rd goal.

You saying he massaged their defence? ::troll::

42 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If the ref had booked players earlier yesterday they wouldnt have been able to wrestle Gnando every time he was on the ball!! You could see him a few times lose possession too, then realise he was standing offside dwelling on it before jogging back.

Did notice he warmed up then went back to warm up with fitness coach/physio before coming on ,maybe targeting a niggle? 

Needs a goal or 2 but played his part yesterday. Glad he got game time.

Who else did we hear exactly the same about e.g. he isn’t treated fairly by refs etc He was dreadful too!

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Simple facts, Boyce yesterday hardly had any touches of the ball. He didn’t trouble their centre backs in the slightest, he didn’t make runs to stretch them, he couldn’t outmuscle them and couldn’t/wouldn’t provide a back to goal option, and most certainly provided no threat at aerial duels. He’d have been lucky to touch the ball 10 times outside of the penalty. But I’m not criticising him, that was largely due to how we had Livingston set up, Boyce was incredibly isolated. Could he have maybe done more? I think so, but he’s scored when we needed him to.

No one in our team played badly yesterday, so no one gets criticised, but for me Gnanduillet did better than the guy he replaced yesterday.

Good post. However Boyce is a striker who scores goals. Gnando isn’t. That’s the telling contribution here. Boyce might get 20 this season. Gnando will struggle to get 5. My biggest gripe on Gnando is he doesn’t seem to be that interested in bonding with the team. Devlin and Beni get it and they’ve barely had time to have a shite in the building yet. Gnando doesn’t and in our squad it’s a big factor in what we’re achieving IMO

Edited by JimmyCant

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You need to get a seat that faces the pitch. A friend of mine watching AG yesterday for the first time (and without any input from me) thought he was crap!

9 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I'm not so sure the moaners have had any motivating effect at all.

I suspect it's a lot more to do with the squad now being filled with better quality players that's lifting performance levels.

Nah, it's a well know FACT that fans criticising their own players inspires them to greatness. Get the boo boys on the case frothing and shouting at every mis-placed pass and we'll be unbeatable. 😉

7 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I am totally convinced…murder! Get rid of ASAP. For me, he is the only ‘mistake’ made by Joe Savage and/or Robbie Neilson.

5 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Who else did we hear exactly the same about e.g. he isn’t treated fairly by refs etc He was dreadful too!

1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

You need to get a seat that faces the pitch. A friend of mine watching AG yesterday for the first time (and without any input from me) thought he was crap!

Desperately seeking something to criticise. So Gnando is your new whipping boy? Yer friend needs glasses, by the way. 🥸

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Desperately seeking something to criticise. So Gnando is your new whipping boy? Yer friend needs glasses, by the way. 🥸

This.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

After he scores, If he then runs off down the tunnel at the end of a game, point made.

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

So, do you think he should/could start?

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

His friends an absolute tool 😂

Jambof3tornado

So, do you think he should/could start?

He could easily start, boyce was far from brilliant yesterday but is lucky enough to keep getting starts and goals(which is key to him getting starts ahead of gnando), but we cannot rely on 1 striker alone which is why we need to keep giving gnando game time. Thought he linked up well with woodburn and mackay at times.

No danger can gnando be written off just yet.

1 hour ago, pointon said:

Still not convinced with him think he will leave in January and we will sign a better replacement 

Was saying exactly this yesterday 

11 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Was saying exactly this yesterday 

Watch out Clerry, there are folk on here who not only think he is a player but some think he should start in front of Boyce😂😂😂😂😂

I like him, offers something completely different. Their massive centre half bullied boyce all day in my opinion. Had more of a difficult time with Gnando. Plus he was involved. I can see why he’s frustrated, he’s on to score goals and we are passing it 5 yards to manage the game. He made excellent runs just the pass never came.

I like him, offers something completely different. Their massive centre half bullied boyce all day in my opinion. Had more of a difficult time with Gnando. Plus he was involved. I can see why he’s frustrated, he’s on to score goals and we are passing it 5 yards to manage the game. He made excellent runs just the pass never came.

Watch out Clerry, there are folk on here who not only think he is a player but some think he should start in front of Boyce😂😂😂😂😂

Clerry might be right, he might go at Xmas but while Boyce starts every week I’d have no qualms about chucking Gnando in if he’s suspended or injured. We’ve come a long way since Steven McLean.