****Official Hearts v Hibs Match Thread****

Wee Mikey

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

Does anyone know any pre match boozers that will be open sharp? I know the tynie arms opens at 11am and the shandon at 9am, any other options? 👍🍻

C’mon the Gorgie, let’s do them and keep the momentum going! 💪🇱🇻

Most pubs will be 11, hotels might be different, not sure what time the Ardmillan is open 🤔?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do we ever play these ***** without a guaranteed starter being injured 🙈

Who’s injured?

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Potentially Mick Smith. 

So potentially because he was subbed last game or is there something been reported?

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Ahh ok mate I didnt watch it. 

Neither did I. But now I’ve read the match report it sounds more like a tactical substitution. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Neither did I. But now I’ve read the match report it sounds more like a tactical substitution. 

👍

19 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

You’ll be able to watch it in a pub at least in QLD. We’re still screwed here in country NSW. 

Its a good time , so a full day Sunday sesh ( prob be sleeping by half time)  ! Saw there is a new roadmap in NSW, you will be back in the pub for Mid Oct as long you have both jabs, you are certainly doing it hard down there 

Anyone heard that Doyle-Hayes is stuck in Ireland until Sunday morning?First thought was ‘pish’ but if he’s out + Newell doesn’t make it, could be Gogic, Magennis and Allan in the middle for them.

11 minutes ago, fila said:

Its a good time , so a full day Sunday sesh ( prob be sleeping by half time)  ! Saw there is a new roadmap in NSW, you will be back in the pub for Mid Oct as long you have both jabs, you are certainly doing it hard down there 

I am absolutely despondent.  Sky had the game on their programme guide but have replaced it with Serie A.  After the Ryder Cup I think I'll cancel the subscription.

15 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I am absolutely despondent.  Sky had the game on their programme guide but have replaced it with Serie A.  After the Ryder Cup I think I'll cancel the subscription.

Do hearts tv not have it on for overseas subscribers ?

Horatio Caine
22 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Anyone heard that Doyle-Hayes is stuck in Ireland until Sunday morning?First thought was ‘pish’ but if he’s out + Newell doesn’t make it, could be Gogic, Magennis and Allan in the middle for them.

Gogic will be detailed to crock Gino and/or GMS

39 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Definitely wasn’t. Smith signalled to the bench he was done and left holding his quad. NI had to bring on an 18 yr old with zero competitive games for club or country. 

3 minutes ago, andydog said:

Definitely wasn’t. Smith signalled to the bench he was done and left holding his quad. NI had to bring on an 18 yr old with zero competitive games for club or country. 

Damn it. The BBC reported it as a bold 2 man substitution. 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Do hearts tv not have it on for overseas subscribers ?

Will look into that.  I'm sure they do.

I can't ****ing wait for this match. 

It's a shame it's on Sunday, as it's an extra day of waiting. Hibs, at Tynecastle, in front of a packed stadium for the first time in nearly 2 years.  Last derby with full attendance, we ****ing rattled them.

:yas:

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Just for info, Hearts TV will have every game this season including away games 👍

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's a definite yes Kiwi. I watch every game live here in spain on Hearts TV international.  Well worth the subscription. And better commentary. 

4 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Moore or McEneff for Smith. 

Boyle fit for them according to Ross. 

Hibs fans think Ross is bluffing. Hamstring apparently.

10 hours ago, andydog said:

The young lad played well when he came on, think he's with liverpool, one to watch...

20 minutes ago, rmreido said:

The young lad played well when he came on, think he's with liverpool, one to watch...

Well... I think we'll get an answer to our RWB debate on Saturday. No Smith or Logan, I think it could well be McEneff or Moore (as stated above)... and as an outsider, Ginnelly? (Although I think this will be a step too adventurous for RN, especially against the hobos.) Personally, I hope McEneff gets a run out - more because I don't think he's had a decent amount of game time, although it'll mean he's being played out of position, again!... but I think he may do well there. Certainly has the engine for this role.

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hibs fans think Ross is bluffing. Hamstring apparently.

Easily their best player. Would be a shame if he missed out. 😉

I think Robbie will just switch Halliday to RWB if Smith is out.

Unless he wants to change shape and start with a back 4 but I cant see it.

Edited by Jammy T

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I think Robbie will just switch Halliday to RWB if Smith is out.

Unless he wants to change shape and start with a back 4 but I cant see it.

Why Halliday in particular? Has he played their before

Would not be surprised if Cochrane was moved over to RwB to cover Smith and accommodate Halliday being in the team.

Very Alan Maybury-esque and not something I'd like to see.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did opt for a 4 5 1 just for the Derby with Moore at RB if Smith was out.

As we know it's a horror show in the middle so the extra body in the centre of midfield may benefit.

Might just see devlin, beni and haring if this was the case.

Edited by Ccjambo1874

2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Cammy Logan could be in squad

Where you hearing this? Seems a big step for a Derby.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Where you hearing this? Seems a big step for a Derby.

seemingly trained with the first team yesterday in a eleven aside game

RustyRightPeg

McEneff will fill in RWB if Smith is out. Logan has a chance of being thrown in although I don’t see it. RN isn’t like CL for throwing kids in at the deep end. 

13 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

McEneff, can play RB as can Moore. 
However asking Moore to play RWB in a derby on his debut is a big ask. Would personally go with Gino or Mceneff as RWB.

Are you serious?  Did you see Gino against Aberdeen let the man run right off him without any attempt to track back that led to their goal?

I would much rather give Mceneff a run there than Gino. According to the info on Tayloe Moore it said he can play CB or RWB.

Boyle being out for them would be like us missing Gordon or Boyce, they have no chance anyway. Without Boyle they have less than that. 

:glorious:

Edited by EH11 2NL

Jambof3tornado
13 hours ago, ramrod said:

Gino at right wingback ?  Jesus **** , no ! An  acident waiting to happen in our box 

Correct. Lapse in concentration and someone goes beyond him.

Rwb still needs to be decent coming back the way,certainly not all about bombing forward.

Horatio Caine
13 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Boyle being out for them would be like us missing Gordon or Boyce, they have no chance anyway. Without Boyle they have less than that. 

My guess is that Boyle will play.

Right back is a position i dont understand why we did not strengthen.

One option only - being a guy who i like but will need replaced after this season anyway fair to say.

I really cant be bothered with all this "minutia" of who's playing where and why and who might be better on the right or through the middle or whatever!

It's Hibs, all that goes oot the windae!!

JUST SMASH THEM HEARTS!!!!

2-1 to the Jambos on Sunday!

13 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

McEneff, can play RB as can Moore. 
However asking Moore to play RWB in a derby on his debut is a big ask. Would personally go with Gino or Mceneff as RWB.

Mceneff at right back...oh no. Been quoted he can play right back? On paper, looking at him play so far, wouldn't work at all 

1 hour ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Would not be surprised if Cochrane was moved over to RwB to cover Smith and accommodate Halliday being in the team.

Very Alan Maybury-esque and not something I'd like to see.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did opt for a 4 5 1 just for the Derby with Moore at RB if Smith was out.

As we know it's a horror show in the middle so the extra body in the centre of midfield may benefit.

Might just see devlin, beni and haring if this was the case.

Would hate to see a left footer at rwb. Our service from out wide is poor enough as it is. 

14 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Right back is a position i dont understand why we did not strengthen.

One option only - being a guy who i like but will need replaced after this season anyway fair to say.

My hope is they think Last gan is ready. And that they're right!!

Won't help this weekend but that's just unlucky

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Even better, ping his hammy 20 mins in and miss a few months. 

I got a week sabbatical for saying something similar 😆

It should’ve been 12!
14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Most pubs will be 11, hotels might be different, not sure what time the Ardmillan is open 🤔?

Thanks mate, will look into it 👍🍻

On 05/09/2021 at 13:52, 22games nro said:

I expect and hope they DO come back up. Why? Because then Hibs can hand out a few spankings and settle the debate once and for all over who is number one in Edinburgh.

The audacity required to have such an opinion. Hibs would need to beat us in every derby from now until something like the year 2040 to even get on an even keel with us in terms of matches won.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

Also gives them an excuse for when they get pumped.

'Aye but that wusnae urr furst choice team likesay. We wunt a levvull playing feeeuld!!'