****Official Hearts v Hibs Match Thread****

Wee Mikey

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

After we deal with this lot again I hope for ultimate shithousery purposes that Robbie or one of the players thanks Tam for the extra motivation. 

I would prefer that Robbie, after a comfortable Sunday win for Hearts, said he was unaware of anything written by pundits, as he doesn't read shit.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Gordon 

Smith Soapy Halkett Moore Cochrane 

Beni Haring Halliday 

GMS 

Boyce 

Not my team, I would play a flat back 4 and have Ginelly and Woody in but think Neilson will play safe, some bench we should have.

Please god no 😲. Don't think even Neilson is that much of a fearty. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I would prefer that Robbie, after a comfortable Sunday win for Hearts, said he was unaware of anything written by pundits, as he doesn't read shit.

Ok. I wouldn’t. 

27 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Nick Walsh our referee for sunday? Do we like him?? Has he arsed up in games he's previously reffed? Is he a closet hobo?

No, yes, could be. 

10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

No, yes, could be. 

Nick Walsh our referee for sunday? Do we like him?? Has he arsed up in games he's previously reffed? Is he a closet hobo?

Yes no and definitely not. Gave the hobos several yellows and none to St J in the cup final

6 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

No idea who Doyle Hayes is but sounds like someone I'd be phoning after an accident at work...

I had to google him as never heard of him and surprise surprise he played for St.Mirren 😂

17 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Had no clue he could play there, but might be a good in between option. Gets about well, supposed to be known for his engine, and can attack. Could be a good shout. We definitely have more options than Cammy Logan though, who might not even be an option yet.

18 hours ago, GinRummy said:

What would you think about McEneff at RWB, not in a back 4 obviously. 

I think you guys are missing the fact that TM played 19 games for Bury at Right wing back

55 minutes ago, complete control said:

Halliday been a better signing than kingsley for me.

Me too. Totally forgot about Kingsley who's been a bit underwhelming for me considering the hype when he arrived. I much prefer Cochrane at LB. Kingsley waited on other offers before signing for us and I'm sure he didn't have a queue of suitors lined up for his signature. He massively needs to up his game or will be on the outside looking in unless we get injuries. 

20 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Me too. Totally forgot about Kingsley who's been a bit underwhelming for me considering the hype when he arrived. I much prefer Cochrane at LB. Kingsley waited on other offers before signing for us and I'm sure he didn't have a queue of suitors lined up for his signature. He massively needs to up his game or will be on the outside looking in unless we get injuries. 

He seems to be our version of Cadden.

24 minutes ago, 160598 said:

18 hours ago, GinRummy said:

What would you think about McEneff at RWB, not in a back 4 obviously. 

I think you guys are missing the fact that TM played 19 games for Bury at Right wing back

Exactly always best to play players in positions they are familiar with even if it's not their preferred one.

Why play someone totally out of position when there are better options?

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

So your eyes are wrong, Savage and Bob agree with me - at least for the time being. 

Eh, You agree with Bob and Savage.

Which I find somewhat unsurprising seeing as you are unable to contemplate any criticism of either.

Bit creepy really.

If we'd signed a RWB instead of McKay, that would have been the right decision and you'd be having a debate right now with someone else about why RWB was a priority and not another winger.

49 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

No idea who Doyle Hayes is but sounds like someone I'd be phoning after an accident at work...

One of the St Mirren crowd that they signed. Think that’s signing number 7 since Ross took over from them.

I seen someone on .net saying our philosophy is to sign players in football manager mode that folk go I’ve heard of them. Bloody cheek, at least our network extends past Paisley 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Eh, You agree with Bob and Savage.

Which I find somewhat unsurprising seeing as you are unable to contemplate any criticism of either.

Bit creepy really.

If we'd signed a RWB instead of McKay, that would have been the right decision and you'd be having a debate right now with someone else about why RWB was a priority and not another winger.

I thought we needed another winger, or at least forward Tbh. 

McKay fits that bill. 

Wingers generally need rotated more often and bringing the likes of McKay, Gino, Woodburn, GMS from the bench is a bit more effective and exciting than having 3 full backs all going for 1 position, a position which imo we are covered for and have the chance to develop some youth. 

If that's creepy, then be creeped out. 

You find folk Agreeing with  Hearts management - creepy?

Cracking stuff and imo strange. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

'It's always good scoring your first derby goal, especially as it was against Hearts'😂

Even his memories are all defeats and draws. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 09/09/2021 at 07:24, fila said:

Its a good time , so a full day Sunday sesh ( prob be sleeping by half time)  ! Saw there is a new roadmap in NSW, you will be back in the pub for Mid Oct as long you have both jabs, you are certainly doing it hard down there 

We get to go to pubs tomorrow. As we are in country NSW. They can shove that passport up the farter. It’s a sad time when you lose a freedom you take for granted. My birthday anaw. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Even his memories are all defeats and draws. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

he’s missed his best memory. The derby game where he picked up a medal 🥈 

All I want is us to play against this shite the way we have started this season and not the way Neilson played against them in the championship 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

All I want is us to play against this shite the way we have started this season and not the way Neilson played against them in the championship 

10 points from the first 4 and 3 should win fixtures to follow, I think the prize of top of the League will drive us forward here. Michael Stewart predicting a score draw or Hibs win, I will be very disappointed with either to be honest considering how far we have come in a month

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Loves a card so I would expect a few, possibly even a red. 

12 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Or how stewart ,popescu, berra, white, kasteneer, frear, roberts or irving played - didn't realise Neilson played. You can lead a horse to water...

Edited by 160598

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I thought we needed another winger, or at least forward Tbh. 

McKay fits that bill. 

Wingers generally need rotated more often and bringing the likes of McKay, Gino, Woodburn, GMS from the bench is a bit more effective and exciting than having 3 full backs all going for 1 position, a position which imo we are covered for and have the chance to develop some youth. 

If that's creepy, then be creeped out. 

You find folk Agreeing with  Hearts management - creepy?

Cracking stuff and imo strange. 

Good to know we're covered at RWB, who should/will play there if he isn't fit?

Moore?

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Moore?

Thats my choice - played there at Bury and Lens occasionally - got an assist from there in their Derby game v Lille

Edited by 160598

Ainsley Harriott

They are all pissing themselves with excitement as the Evening News have valued all both teams players and apparently their squad is worth much more than ours in pretendy evening news valuation land 😂😂

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, karipidis said:

Was it not Gallacher?

Alexander got injured and Gallacher replaced him and was injured too for the next game, Hamilton played and Lee Hollis was on the bench. 
Glad we don’t only have two GKs now though, oh wait . . . . . 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I thought it was more RB than RWB, will bow to your superior knowledge though, then if that's the case then Moore starts at RWB providing Mikey Smith is definitely out?

Just going by what was said up there, Smith isn’t an ideal RWB having played mostly at RB so let’s hope Moore can adapt if it’s him that plays there. 

6 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Thats my choice - played there at Bury and Lens occasionally - got an assist from there in their Derby game v Lille

Makes sense. Square pegs in round holes is never a good idea imo

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I think we’ll see the best of Halliday now that there’s competition for places in midfield now. Don’t think anyone is guaranteed a game in midfield except maybe Beni. The others will need to get up to speed with fitness before a start is guaranteed. Therefore Halliday will, like you say, be in the team for the next few weeks. Could say the same for Halkett. Certain players need to up their game like never before and I can see all our players upping their game and playing for their places. Direct competition for your place should ensure that all players start giving their all and leave nothing out on the park.

There’s a good vibe starting now and something that’s been missing since Levein took us on a 9 game unbeaten run. So all aboard the happy train again and let’s hope the wheels don’t fall off this time. 4-1 for us on Sunday. I can feel it in my waters 

He doesn’t have a gear or a game to up, he’s a squad player from October onwards I would say. 
It will be interesting to see what he does with the defence as Halkett is a weak point and Smith isn’t great at RWB. Moore will surely replace one of them. 
The thing with trains is they stop. 
Sunday is a big test for us and a victory is essential to once again put them in their place. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He doesn’t have a gear or a game to up, he’s a squad player from October onwards I would say. 
It will be interesting to see what he does with the defence as Halkett is a weak point and Smith isn’t great at RWB. Moore will surely replace one of them. 
The thing with trains is they stop. 
Sunday is a big test for us and a victory is essential to once again put them in their place. 

Agree re Halketts gears. I think Haring is the one that will up his game #Devlin

Halkett is doing just fine

Now is not the time to tinker unless injuries dictate

Pasquale for King
Just now, 160598 said:

Agree re Halketts gears. I think Haring is the one that will up his game #Devlin

Halkett is doing just fine

Now is not the time to tinker unless injuries dictate

No I wouldn’t tinker at all in this game,  Halkett is a mistake waiting to happen but should be ok against that big lump Scott. 

6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

They are all pissing themselves with excitement as the Evening News have valued all both teams players and apparently their squad is worth much more than ours in pretendy evening news valuation land 😂😂

They covered themselves with the disclaimer that loan players were not included. Hence, should we have been in the unlikely position of having loaned both Ronaldo and Messi we'd still have a less expensive team. Conclusion? A totally meaningless comparison that gives a false impression of who has the better team. Oh, and it wouldn't surprise me if they had Craig Gorden valued at £0 as a free transfer!

11 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Does that value include the squillions for Nesbitt and Doig, neither of whom attracted as much as a sniff during the transfer window just past?

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Moore?

Moore, Brandon, Logan. 

You can't have 4/5 players for each position just in case your 1st choice gets injured, not if you want quality anyway. 

Bit of  realism in terms of our position in the world game required. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Moore, Brandon, Logan. 

Didn't realise the other two were back. Also good news. Maybe Moore in the centre then as I'm not convinced by Kingsley in CB position.

Lots of options. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Didn't realise the other two were back. Also good news. Maybe Moore in the centre then as I'm not convinced by Kingsley in CB position.

Lots of options. 

I Don't know who's available, but we can't have 3/4 quality players for each position. 

Ridiculous to think we can. 

Starting the season with

Smith, Logan and Moore as right side options is perfectly reasonable for a club like Hearts. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I Don't know who's available, but we can't have 3/4 quality players for each position. 

Ridiculous to think we can. 

Starting the season with

Smith, Logan and Moore as right side options is perfectly reasonable for a club like Hearts

Agreed, I just hadn't realised they've been options is all 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

For this latest edition of Neilson bashing, go and watch the last episode of this Derby, how it was played and the team that Neilson beat them with, when they had every advantage going.

Would be a more worthwhile argument than 5 years ago.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Agreed, I just hadn't realised they've been options is all 👍

Moore apparently played rwb for Bury last season 🤷‍♂️

Shame that Logan is injured, be good to see him, but maybe not v hibs. 

Hope Smith is OK. 

Be good to go into a game with our subs being used to change the game rather than covering for tactics or injuries. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Hope Smith is OK. 

Be good to go into a game with our subs being used to change the game rather than covering for tactics or injuries. 

Its good Moore can play two roles, it will really offer us good cover. Only learned that on this thread as his arrival by passed me a bit!

I actually Brandon might be okay in a wing back role too and don't think he's as bad as made out by some. Rash? Reckless? Sometimes but he'll develop out of that with more game time.

I still hope Smith is fit though!!! He's no wing back really, but he's dependable and solid.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Its good Moore can play two roles, it will really offer us good cover. Only learned that on this thread as his arrival by passed me a bit!

I actually Brandon might be okay in a wing back role too and don't think he's as bad as made out by some. Rash? Reckless? Sometimes but he'll develop out of that with more game time.

I still hope Smith is fit though!!! He's no wing back really, but he's dependable and solid.

I remember a few seasons ago when Brandon had a good run in the team and I thought he’d be our starting right back for years to come. He looked confident, was great with the ball at his feet, making runs from deep and he looked solid defensively. He’s been really unlucky with injuries but I still have hope he can turn it around.  

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hope Smith is OK. 

Didn’t realise that but in recent interview Bob is clearly comfortable with his options,  and he knew Logan would be taking time to get back to fitness,  maybe this is why. 

Im liking the quality we have now and in particular we have a midfield that can hopefully boss the wee team.    

Think it will be tight but going for 2 1 victory on Sunday! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Not sure about the scoreline but confident of a victory. #naturalorder

5 1 has a nice ring to it

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yip, agreed. 

I thought Brando was decent, his injuries and covering at lb hasn't helped him. 

He might be injured atm tho as well. 

Not like us to get 2/3 injuries all in one position. 🙄

44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hope Smith is OK. 

Seems as if he is over his injury and back training albeit he will not be match fit.

“Cammy took part in his first training session earlier this week. We have to give him an opportunity to get into the team,” said Neilson. “I didn't want to clog up that pathway for him. It will be a gradual process getting him back in but there is going to be an opportunity for the lad.

"It's just a case of him getting fit now. We spoke about the plan to keep him with us while others went out on loan. Cammy has had a difficult start to the season having been out almost since the start of pre-season.

Leveins Battalion

I believe there has been some Positive Covid tests down at the barn,at least 3 1st team players out for Sunday.

Got their excuses ready.