Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Killinman said:

What a load of uneducated Crap maybe I've !ived a very healthy lifestyle keeping fit  and not fat. 

The point he is making is that without previous vaccinations received by your ancestors, they would have died very young compared to now.  Keeping fit and having a healthy diet are only a part of the expanding life expectancy, the fact that many age old diseases are more or less eradicated by VACCINES and MEDICAL SCIENCES has also contributed to your life span.

1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

You need to apply for it. Takes about 10 days to get there and you only get one copy

Rubbish. You can get one online in 5 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

You never mentioned the driving licence or annual bus pass etc!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sloppy journalism!

Apologies, I was trying to type fast and missed those.

4 minutes ago, 151 said:

Also. "People like you"?

So i am different to you? Did you have the same disregard for folk who didn't have the flu vaccine? Not comparing the two illnesses just the comparison between unvaccinated and vaccinated. Don't let the government divide people anymore than they already have. If you are vaccinated I am not a risk to you. Unless of course the vaccine doesn't protect you?

You will find my name on the FoH legends wall, you will find it on the FoH shirt. You will find me and my kids kitted out in Hearts tops and scarves at games like every other Jambo. My kids room have numerous items of Hearts memorabilia in their room, I have signed tops from Gary Locke literally from last week and my partner just performed at Tynecastle for a month at the home of the club I have supported my whole life. 

Regardless of what your views are on anything, we are both Hearts fans. What we choose to do to and with our bodies has nothing to do with each other. I have looked after my body my whole life. Never ever smoked, never ever took drugs and stopped drinking about 4 years ago after not really being a drinker as it was anyway. My lungs and heart are fit and healthy. I am not at risk. Those who are at risk are vaccinated or have been offered to be. 

I have basically been told today that I can no longer attend Tynecastle after spending the best part of a month coming to and from, and attending both matches so far since re-opening properly. 

Regardless of what your views are on it all at least have a little respect for the fact we don't all want to be injected with something that I am 100% confident my body would recover from. And those who are risk can be vaccinated and are not at risk from me.

Just look at your last sentence

How many times do people need to tell you that vaccinated people can still catch Covid ?....the vaccination lessens the risk and the level of illness that can result

There is a level of risk we all live with but I could not in good conscience walk around as if there was no extra risk from not being vaccinated

45 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

God Tynecastle will be even more of. Library considering the average age of those vaccinated . The sweetie wrappers will love not having the “ young team “ about I guess too . 

You posted this in the covid thread.  

It takes 2 seconds to show the certificate, pity they don't have a passport for other viruses. 

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

The point he is making is that without previous vaccinations received by your ancestors, they would have died very young compared to now.  Keeping fit and having a healthy diet are only a part of the expanding life expectancy, the fact that many age old diseases are more or less eradicated by VACCINES and MEDICAL SCIENCES has also contributed to your life span.

I'm not knocking the vaccines in my early life...polio, typhoid, smallpox etc but they were all tested over long periods and were proven to work. The Covi d vaccines have not been subject to anything like the same righteous testing

Just now, CJGJ said:

Just look at your last sentence

How many times do people need to tell you that vaccinated people can still catch Covid ?....the vaccination lessens the risk and the level of illness that can result

There is a level of risk we all live with but I could not in good conscience walk around as if there was no extra risk from not being vaccinated

So from that whole post, all you looked at was the one that could feed an argument. 

Whatever mate. Just look at your sentence "even vaccinated people can catch Covid", well then what difference does it make if im vaccinated or not in terms of transmitting it to you?

There is a dedicated vaccine thread but I’ll stick my tuppenceworth on here.

I’ve had the disease and it’s feckin unpleasant 

I am double jabbed 

I have not seen my only child for over two years as she lives abroad

I am going to see her for Christmas 

I will not jeopardise that trip by going anywhere there are a significant amount of people until that trip is over (Apart from one gig that we booked before we knew we could go+ there are strict controls at that)

The vaccine significantly reduces the risk of catching the virus again and also makes it a lot less nasty if you do

Yes it’s everyone’s right to get or not but if you ain’t got it then you can’t complain if you’re refused entry to places. All IMO, of course

Im not risking Tyney till 2022

Edited by Jamhammer

7 minutes ago, Killinman said:

What a load of uneducated Crap maybe I've !ived a very healthy lifestyle keeping fit  and not fat. 

Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Flu and BCG. Did you not have any of these?

2 minutes ago, Killinman said:

I'm not knocking the vaccines in my early life...polio, typhoid, smallpox etc but they were all tested over long periods and were proven to work. The Covi d vaccines have not been subject to anything like the same righteous testing

False. You can look it up. Passed all the same safety tests. 

And proven to prevent serious illness and death. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Last year pre vaccination. 7500 people died due to covid. Hardly any ***** are now dying from covid in comparison, post vaccine.

Back to sticking Lego up yer noses.

Neil Doncaster can get tae feck.

Edited by ri Alban

It's the zoomers complaining who go to nightclubs I'm enjoying. 

"It's an outrage! Refusing entry because I've no had my jab! It's infringing my human rights!" 

Are these are the same night clubs that'll knock folk back because they're wearing the wrong clothes, aye? 

22 minutes ago, beerbandit said:

Will the English NHS app be valid in Scotland?

I’m hoping so.

I’m part of a stag do from Leeds going to Edinburgh which coincides with Hearts v Livi. I’ve convinced them all that we should go to the game so hoping we can prove our vaccine status through the ‘English’ NHS app. Fairly certain everyone is double vaccinated. Just hoping restrictions don’t go opposite way by then. 

Victor Meldrew
11 minutes ago, Killinman said:

Even if you have, you have been helped by vaccines reducing the incidence of these illnesses in society.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Flu and BCG. Did you not have any of these?

I go back even earlier with smallpox diphtheria and polio. I am not not knocking.tried and tested vaccines just non vigorously tested ones.

A myth. They have gone through the same amount of testing. Testing in normal times takes much longer because so much of that time is spent applying for funding, organising people for trials etc. For the COVID vaccines they haven't had to do that with essentially unlimited funds on tap and no shortage of people willing to be involved in trials. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Last year pre vaccination. 7500 people died due to covid. Hardly any ***** are now dying from covid in comparison, post vaccine.

Back to sticking Lego up yet noses.

They admitted to inflating the figures though, and also admitted that any death within 28 days of a positive test was going down as "Covid". 

Not saying the vaccine doesn't work btw - just saying it isn't as black and white as your post.

Absolute Scenes

this is just wrong on so many levels. If this motion is passed she better be prepared for a monumental backlash. Being told we will not have our freedoms affected but yet making decisions that directly affect our freedoms. 

To think i stood up for her on here too. 

1 minute ago, Jamboross said:

A myth. They have gone through the same amount of testing. Testing in normal times takes much longer because so much of that time is spent applying for funding, organising people for trials etc. For the COVID vaccines they haven't had to do that with essentially unlimited funds on tap and no shortage of people willing to be involved in trials. 

Time will tell if you are right

SuperstarSteve
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

False. You can look it up. Passed all the same safety tests. 

And proven to prevent serious illness and death. 

But not immunity? Like polio and small pox? 

That is why a few people I know won’t get it until after 2023 when the trial ends and by that point maybe it will guarantee immunity. 

I go back even earlier with smallpox diphtheria and polio. I am not not knocking.tried and tested vaccines just non vigorously tested ones.

Correct

The Covid vaccines have been rigorously tested. All they did was cut the bureaucracy and shorten the approval stages. 

You are peddling an anti Vax conspiracy theory. If you share that you are responsible for risking people you know dying. 

Getting into the games should be interesting. Takes about half an hour to get into Easter Road with a ticket nevermind trying to prove your vaccine status. 

1 minute ago, Jamboross said:

Only past vaccines were tested over long periods of time specifically to monitor how subjects reacted over a longer period.Consequences are not always immediate.Think that's what some are wary of.

Gordon Ramsay

I was sceptical about the vaccine but have ended up getting both. Feel a bit better about it now given the reduction in deaths and hospitalisations but can understand why this decision has pissed folk off. 

Will be the way of the world now unfortunately so you may as well suck it up and get the jab. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Correct

The Covid vaccines have been rigorously tested. All they did was cut the bureaucracy and shorten the approval stages. 

You are peddling an anti Vax conspiracy theory. If you share that you are responsible for risking people you know dying. 

I'm not pedalling anything I'm just angry that I may have the decision taken out of my hands

delighted with this decision, about time. the sharp end is getting sharper and something needs done, if it keeps people safe and watching all the better.

as for Doncaster on the back foot, who'd have guessed?

13 minutes ago, 151 said:

Also. "People like you"?

So i am different to you? Did you have the same disregard for folk who didn't have the flu vaccine? Not comparing the two illnesses just the comparison between unvaccinated and vaccinated. Don't let the government divide people anymore than they already have. If you are vaccinated I am not a risk to you. Unless of course the vaccine doesn't protect you?

You will find my name on the FoH legends wall, you will find it on the FoH shirt. You will find me and my kids kitted out in Hearts tops and scarves at games like every other Jambo. My kids room have numerous items of Hearts memorabilia in their room, I have signed tops from Gary Locke literally from last week and my partner just performed at Tynecastle for a month at the home of the club I have supported my whole life. 

Regardless of what your views are on anything, we are both Hearts fans. What we choose to do to and with our bodies has nothing to do with each other. I have looked after my body my whole life. Never ever smoked, never ever took drugs and stopped drinking about 4 years ago after not really being a drinker as it was anyway. My lungs and heart are fit and healthy. I am not at risk. Those who are at risk are vaccinated or have been offered to be. 

I have basically been told today that I can no longer attend Tynecastle after spending the best part of a month coming to and from, and attending both matches so far since re-opening properly. 

Regardless of what your views are on it all at least have a little respect for the fact we don't all want to be injected with something that I am 100% confident my body would recover from. And those who are risk can be vaccinated and are not at risk from me.

Look.... I have a degree of empathy for your position.  However you're making a very risky assumption -

I have looked after my body my whole life. Never ever smoked, never ever took drugs and stopped drinking about 4 years ago after not really being a drinker as it was anyway. My lungs and heart are fit and healthy. I am not at risk

Presumably you're basing this on not having had any significant illness for a long while ?    Presumably you also haven't heard about the media features on other healthy individuals (some vaccinated, some not) who have suffered serious Covid symptoms    ?      The one thing that's obvious is that Covid is a very "clever" and therefore dangerous virus.

6 minutes ago, 151 said:

So from that whole post, all you looked at was the one that could feed an argument. 

Whatever mate. Just look at your sentence "even vaccinated people can catch Covid", well then what difference does it make if im vaccinated or not in terms of transmitting it to you?

An inability to understand mathematics does not excuse you from your stance

Up to you whether vaccinated or not but it will limit your 'freedoms' in months to come so enjoy this month and then let the rest of us live our lives

This discussion will be ongoing no doubt not only on this board but within society

I'm glad we are trying to bring matters to a head as we have gone far enough with the easy let's try persuasion route and it has faltered in recent weeks and months

The vast majority of activities will not be impacted in any case

5 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

But not immunity? Like polio and small pox? 

That is why a few people I know won’t get it until after 2023 when the trial ends and by that point maybe it will guarantee immunity. 

The vaccine is designed to prevent serious illness and death. Not to be perfect.

It is preventing serious illness and death. 

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Look.... I have a degree of empathy for your position.  However you're making a very risky assumption -

I have looked after my body my whole life. Never ever smoked, never ever took drugs and stopped drinking about 4 years ago after not really being a drinker as it was anyway. My lungs and heart are fit and healthy. I am not at risk

Presumably you're basing this on not having had any significant illness for a long while ?    Presumably you also haven't heard about the media features on other healthy individuals (some vaccinated, some not) who have suffered serious Covid symptoms    ?      The one thing that's obvious is that Covid is a very "clever" and therefore dangerous virus.

The vast majority of people with serious illness and death didn't get the vaccine or just one dose. 

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You posted this in the covid thread.  

It takes 2 seconds to show the certificate, pity they don't have a passport for other viruses. 

“ other viruses 🦠 can you expand ? 

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

But that affects me though, and me only? If i get vaccinated, or remain unvaccinated - i can spread it anyway, according to others on the thread so therefore has the same effect on others. However me being unvaccinated MAY affect ME. 

I appreciate your post mate, I amen't looking for arguments I was just explaining my position. I am genuinely gutted. Seeing my 7 year old get his gloves signed from big Craig at Tannadice less than a week ago had me thinking I need to take the kids through to the games more and build the memories I never had when I was wee and now it feels like I've been hit in the guts with a sledgehammer.

It is my body, and my body is fit and healthy. If i can transmit it with a vaccine or without a vaccine then it makes no difference to others.

There were zoomers on the big thread denying lockdowns saved lives.

It's normal that people don't like being told what to do. That's different from evidence. 

Vaccination passports are effectively just like wearing a mask. Once you have it it's pretty easy. 

1 minute ago, Satsumo said:

Will under 16s have to have proof of a negative test? 

I don't think it applies to under 16s.

Just now, 151 said:

But that affects me though, and me only? If i get vaccinated, or remain unvaccinated - i can spread it anyway, according to others on the thread so therefore has the same effect on others. However me being unvaccinated MAY affect ME. 

I appreciate your post mate, I amen't looking for arguments I was just explaining my position. I am genuinely gutted. Seeing my 7 year old get his gloves signed from big Craig at Tannadice less than a week ago had me thinking I need to take the kids through to the games more and build the memories I never had when I was wee and now it feels like I've been hit in the guts with a sledgehammer.

It is my body, and my body is fit and healthy. If i can transmit it with a vaccine or without a vaccine then it makes no difference to others.

Drama 'queen'..

It's not that hard. 

Just now, Nobreath said:

I don't think it applies to under 16s.

Thanks, my son only got to his first game on Saturday. He has the bug now. 
Not that one though!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Busman2 said:

Will the Scottish government be compensating all those entitled to attend,but are not double jabbed. I won’t hold my breath.

Nah, cos you can get double jabbed. 

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

delighted with this decision, about time. the sharp end is getting sharper and something needs done, if it keeps people safe and watching all the better.

as for Doncaster on the back foot, who'd have guessed?

The SPFL will employ an expensive consultant to deal with this. 

That seems to be the case with everything they might have to actually do something about 

40 minutes ago, Killinman said:

No I am not in the global conspiracy camp. My love of Hearts is greater than the love for my 72 year old body so I may reluctantly have to have it. 

good man. I’m a year older than you and double jabbed but I confess I was a bit nervous of going to a full stadium but I’m feel a bit easier now. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Drama 'queen'..

It's not that hard. 

Drama queen? 

What you ****ing talking about? 

Yeh i'm a drama queen for ploughing money into a football club because it is literally the only thing I actually feel a part of, and then get told you can't do that anymore unless you do something you do not want or require.

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If you have access to a printer you can print off your own vaccination certificate. Just need your reference from the vaccination invite letter.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

When I phoned up the help line, I was told that that is just the vaccination status and is not the vaccine passport. This would only be available via post (although as others have pointed out, will be available via the app from tomorrow) and airlines won’t accept the status letter in lieu of the “passport”.

As I say only, going on what I was told and what but perhaps the airlines are now accepting this. 

As above, the “screenshot” of the vaccination status was not sufficient for the majority of airlines when I required it, but obviously your experience is different from mines.

19 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Rubbish. You can get one online in 5 minutes.

Victor Meldrew
10 minutes ago, Killinman said:

I'm not pedalling anything I'm just angry that I may have the decision taken out of my hands

Are you equally angry about the law imposing speed limits? They curtail your freedom of choice for the benefit of others too.