Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, Killinman said:

I'm not pedalling anything I'm just angry that I may have the decision taken out of my hands

No it hasn't. 

It's still your choice to be vaccinated or not. 

All of us have to live by the consequences of decisions we make in life 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Victor Meldrew
13 minutes ago, escobri said:

So as part owner I can't go to games,  Anybody want to buy me out?

Yes you can. You just need to be vaccinated. You can do something which enables you to go. You can view at similar to buying a ticket in that respect: you either choose to do it, or you don't.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Killinman said:

I'm not knocking the vaccines in my early life...polio, typhoid, smallpox etc but they were all tested over long periods and were proven to work. The Covi d vaccines have not been subject to anything like the same righteous testing

Computers and science have came a long way. 

This is the worse argument against the vaccine out there imo, and there are many. 

1955 polio vaccine came about 

A 1950s computer 

mechanical-brain-one-of-the-first-computers-to-be-used-in-business-B527N1.jpg

1 minute ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Yes you can. You just need to be vaccinated. You can do something which enables you to go. You can view at similar to buying a ticket in that respect: you either choose to do it, or you don't.

If I wanted to I would not be able to get 2 jags in time for derby I think. 

1 minute ago, 151 said:

Drama queen? 

What you ****ing talking about? 

Yeh i'm a drama queen for ploughing money into a football club because it is literally the only thing I actually feel a part of, and then get told you can't do that anymore unless you do something you do not want or require.

You should want and you require it because it will allow you to watch the team you follow. What is your problem anyway aren't the ones who could of had there inoculations and didn't the problem. 

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

No it hasn't. 

It's still your choice to be vaccinated or not. 

All of us have to live by the consequences of decisions we make in life 

Bingo!!  This last sentence brings it all together. 

The vaccine is a choice but if you don’t get it, then live with the consequences of your choice. 

28 minutes ago, Killinman said:

I'm not knocking the vaccines in my early life...polio, typhoid, smallpox etc but they were all tested over long periods and were proven to work. The Covi d vaccines have not been subject to anything like the same righteous testing

You do realise that technology has come a long long way over the years don’t you?  

SuperstarSteve
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The vaccine is designed to prevent serious illness and death. Not to be perfect.

It is preventing serious illness and death. 

A vaccine by definition should provide immunity. 

Polio guarantees immunity for 10 years. Taking the shot means you will not get polio. Unless covid vaccine guarantees immunity like polio did. Many people won’t get it. 

That’s the arguments I hear when it’s being debated. I was actually asking if this vaccine provides immunity? So I could maybe add to the next debate when the back and forths are happening. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

In France when they introduced the vaccine passport, millions of people decided to get the vaccine. There will be a lot of people who were undecided that will now getting this jab, so get your appointment today if you want to get into Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

You should want and you require it because it will allow you to watch the team you follow. What is your problem anyway aren't the ones who could of had there inoculations and didn't the problem. 

But that further re-enforces my wishes to remain unvaccinated. It has became forceful, in order to do something I enjoy I have to do something I do not want? 

I don't understand your last sentence.

Look at the right wing activists that led campaigns against the vaccinations who are now dead because they didn't get the jab but more importantly they encouraged people to decline the jab. And many died listening to these bampots.

Bazzas right boot

We should be doing everything to get rid and minimise the risk of this arsehole virus so I'm all for it. 

It will happen in every country as covid is here to stay and we need to minimise the spread and damage it does both socially, economically and health care wise. 

Vaccinations do that. 

If you refuse it, then live with the consequences or get it and Stoap greetin. 

1 hour ago, Busman2 said:

Will the Scottish government be compensating all those entitled to attend,but are not double jabbed. I won’t hold my breath.

Very good point. 

17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

An inability to understand mathematics does not excuse you from your stance

Up to you whether vaccinated or not but it will limit your 'freedoms' in months to come so enjoy this month and then let the rest of us live our lives

This discussion will be ongoing no doubt not only on this board but within society

I'm glad we are trying to bring matters to a head as we have gone far enough with the easy let's try persuasion route and it has faltered in recent weeks and months

The vast majority of activities will not be impacted in any case

Mathematics? What are you talking about?

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Scotland could make vaccine certificates mandatory for entry to nightclubs and other live events by next month, the first minister says.

Nicola Sturgeon says the Scottish Parliament is proposing proof of vaccination for entry to:

• Nightclubs and other adult entertainment venues
  • Unseated indoor live events with audiences of more than 500
  • Unseated outdoor live events with audiences of more than 4,000
  • And any event with more than 10,000 in attendance.

Sturgeon says the new rules should be introduced later this month once all adults have had the opportunity to be fully vaccinated.

She says vaccine certification will not apply to key services such as public transport, education, access to health service or shops.

This could be a killer for us (non-hearts) , but if its needed to keep people safer its needed 

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, cos you can get double jabbed. 

What about if you have an exemption from being vaccinated? Does that exclude them too? 

I can't wait for the demo on the 12th led by the anti vax part of our support or even the 25th if it takes time to organise

Just like Extinction Rebellion they could look to block the entrance to the stadium to make a point................I mean they do believe what they are saying and are willing to stand up (or sit down ) for their beliefs I'm sure

Fans would politely stop and stare and accept this is just part of life, turn around and head home no doubt

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

What about if you have an exemption from being vaccinated? Does that exclude them too? 

Exemptions are OK. 

They are Ehh exempt... 

I hope not and would stand up for their rights even though I think the decision re 'passports' is the right one

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I can't wait for the demo on the 12th led by the anti vax part of our support or even the 25th if it takes time to organise

Just like Extinction Rebellion they could look to block the entrance to the stadium to make a point................I mean they do believe what they are saying and are willing to stand up (or sit down ) for their beliefs I'm sure

Fans would politely stop and stare and accept this is just part of life, turn around and head home no doubt

Hopefully no more than 10000 of them or send in the horses. 😜

And how many will that be its a small number and there will no doubt be access allowed if you can prove your are exempt and not just at it. 

its not hard. Same as compensate those that are entitled to go but cant. If you havent got your two jabs you arent entitled to access its not difficult 🙈 im one of those at mo that wouldnt be able to attend due to circumstances (depending when it came in) im affected as it means our gigs could be bust flushes again before we even get started. Yet i understand that its needed. How can others be so obstinate and deluded

1 hour ago, Jamboross said:

And? What vaccine is?

I fail to see how having everyone in a crowd be significantly less susceptible to infection and even more protected against symptomatic and serious illness is a bad thing. 

👏👏👏

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Exemptions are OK. 

They are Ehh exempt... 

so they will need proof of exemption? In any event you will need proof as well as a ticket to get in.

7 minutes ago, 151 said:

But that further re-enforces my wishes to remain unvaccinated. It has became forceful, in order to do something I enjoy I have to do something I do not want? 

I don't understand your last sentence.

Hearts TV for you then. It's great.🤣

Will the Scottish government be compensating all those entitled to attend,but are not double jabbed. I won’t hold my breath.

Will they be compensating folk like me who’ve been double jabbed but still have to surround myself with conspiracy theorists?

so they will need proof of exemption? In any event you will need proof as well as a ticket to get in.

Yes you need proof of exemption. Same as you need a disabled badge to use a disabled space as it stops people abusing the system. If you are exempt itll show on the app same as having your passport.

What is difficult about this 

Except if you dont meet entry requirements you arent entitled are you. Honest to ****

kingantti1874
46 minutes ago, Killinman said:

What a load of uneducated Crap maybe I've !ived a very healthy lifestyle keeping fit  and not fat. 

Yet if it weren’t for vaccines you or your family would likely have had polio, tetanus, flu! Maybe hepatitis probably have had measles, mumps or rubella.  Maybe even something as diphtheria.

You can keep as fit as you want, likelihood is by 70 if it weren’t for vaccines you’d have suffered many more illnesses or maybe even death.

at 70 ! If you catch covid - I wish you well. 

5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Imagine the devastation that will be caused by having to bring one more document to the football with us?  How will we cope?  We’ll need to get new strips/scarves designed with a special pocket sewn in to hold it.

58 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

So that means all the footballers not double jabbed won’t be kicking a ball? 

it cannot be one rule for them and another the the public I wouldn’t imagine? 

Random question but haven’t seen managers claiming their players won’t get the jab. They cannot be kicking a ball under these new rules I’d have thought? 

Yes it can, elite sportsmen and women were exempted from quarantine rules when traveling to the UK for example.

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

:lol:Indeed Sir.👍

"People who had good reasons for not getting fully vaccinated - including children and people with particular medical conditions - would be exempt."

So really only the tin foil wearing thickie brigade are the only ones who'll have a problem with this. I'm cool with that. Though of course, in their minds Bill Gates controlled my mind to say that. :D

He's CTRL-ALT-DEL society!!!

Hope you're keeping well Chief. 👍

Shanks said no
34 minutes ago, Zico said:

Getting into the games should be interesting. Takes about half an hour to get into Easter Road with a ticket nevermind trying to prove your vaccine status. 

Yes, will your certificate name need to match your season ticket name and if it doesn’t do you need to take other forms of ID?

May be the end of borrowing someone’s season ticket. 

Away games, show your certificate at the turnstile? 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

How can others be so obstinate and deluded

Good question.

the bottom line is you need proof one way or another. 
re compensation I think you would have a winnable case if you took the SG to court based on the fact you had bought a ticket for an event(s) and are now having to comply with new regulations. The aviation industry had to offer refunds for cancelled flights and holidays I wonder if the SG will make venues refund ticket money. 
Sorry I’m just thinking this all through and hope the SG have done the same. 

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, 151 said:

But that affects me though, and me only? If i get vaccinated, or remain unvaccinated - i can spread it anyway, according to others on the thread so therefore has the same effect on others. However me being unvaccinated MAY affect ME. 

I appreciate your post mate, I amen't looking for arguments I was just explaining my position. I am genuinely gutted. Seeing my 7 year old get his gloves signed from big Craig at Tannadice less than a week ago had me thinking I need to take the kids through to the games more and build the memories I never had when I was wee and now it feels like I've been hit in the guts with a sledgehammer.

It is my body, and my body is fit and healthy. If i can transmit it with a vaccine or without a vaccine then it makes no difference to others.

absolute pish. I mean how hard is it to understand that you will transmit less virus if vaccinated thus the risk of passing the virus is reduced. The world isn’t binary, it’s not a black and white question or answer. 

You can hold this view for as long as you want, you can write it as many times as you want.. it’s just simply wrong. 

I assume all staff at tynecastle will need to provide proof that they too have been vaccinated? Security , police  , catering staff etc? 

Edited by GBJambo

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I meant it, I’ve had it with this bullshit. Enough is enough.

Look around at the people who hold the “anti vax” view! 99% window lickers whos “information” is from unverified crap on facebook all of which has been proven to be false

You are wrong, you will always be wrong. I just hope you see sense before it catches up with you 

Got to agree. I think there is a bit of an age gap too. A lot of the anti-vaxer types I know of seem to be middle aged with limited experience of social media and can't get the idea that some anonymous account may not be telling the truth.

I think these social media companies need to do a lot more to ensure that the info posted on their sites is accurate, or at least verifiable rather than the bad faith nonsense posted by others and taken at face value by people who don't know any better who then regurgitate it to others spreading it ironically a like a virus...

Good question.

the bottom line is you need proof one way or another. 
re compensation I think you would have a winnable case if you took the SG to court based on the fact you had bought a ticket for an event(s) and are now having to comply with new regulations. The aviation industry had to offer refunds for cancelled flights and holidays I wonder if the SG will make venues refund ticket money. 
Sorry I’m just thinking this all through and hope the SG have done the same. 

👍🏻 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

What is difficult about this 

It’s not me that’s finding it difficult. Is there an app? I’m not sure. 
I am abroad at the moment ant I had to get proof of being double Jabbed which came in the form of a letter. 

SuperstarSteve
Just now, Awbdy Oot said:

Yes it can, elite sportsmen and women were exempted from quarantine rules when traveling to the UK for example.

Zero sense in letting an unvaccinated player take part in an event whilst an unvaccinated fan can’t attend. 

Andy Halliday isn’t jabbed yet or hasn’t had his 2nd. So can he play against hibs?

As per the rules any event with 10k needs vaccine passport and he won’t be able to provide one? He can run about sweating and spreading the virus across the park and into the stands but a fan can’t sit and watch? That is no right in my opinion but I don’t make the rules am just asking the questions when things don’t add up. 

Stop greeting -get the jab *2. 
We’ll all be safer, and it will get us back to ‘normal’ sooner. 

It’’s not hard to do. If you don’t agree with it, ok -but stay away. 👍🏻👋🏻

1 minute ago, sadj said:

👍🏻 

It’s a brand new rule.  It’s a great discussion and educational at the same time.