Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

If that's true why are we finding new side effects about a vaccine that we should no everything about?

What side effects are these? There are side effects to most vaccines. The important thing is how many lead to hospital or death. You should expect to feel a bit ill and feel lucky if you don't. I saw a study the showed something like 99.999% of Americans had no serious side effects. That's means it's a chance most should be willing to take. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before
7 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Because of YOUR CHOICE ..  

Is it?

Im not vaccinated. I dont particularly want it but if we're being coerced then I might end up biting the bullet as it were.

However because Im over 40 I have to have the Astra Zenica jab. I dont want the Astra Zenica jab though. Ive tried my GP, the temporary place in the Gyle and the EICC and each place has told me the same thing in the same patronising manner, "the experts have decided....". Ill take the Pfizer or Moderna but they wont give me it. So essentially because I wont take the AZ then they wont vaccinate me. Im wandering about unvaccinated but willing to take 2 out of the 3 vaccines available.

Not that much of a choice really.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Vaccine-hesitant is common. Which are you? And why? Ok for others to take the "risk" but not you is that it?

I will be happy to take any vaccine once it's clinical trials are completed. 

People shoulder up their own minds without coercion. Its not up to young , fit people to protect the old and vulnerable. Should we mandate the flu jab as well? 

6 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

If that's true why are we finding new side effects about a vaccine that we should no everything about?

That goes for any drug hence the Yellow reporting platform. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

People shoulder up their own minds without coercion. Its not up to young , fit people to protect the old and vulnerable. Should we mandate the flu jab as well? 

Just tell your kid that when you explain why you can't take him to Tynecastle. I'm sure they'll be impressed. Christ still with the flu comparison. That's so 2020.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

What side effects are these? There are side effects to most vaccines. The important thing is how many lead to hospital or death. You should expect to feel a bit ill and feel lucky if you don't. I saw a study the showed something like 99.999% of Americans had no serious side effects. That's means it's a chance most should be willing to take. 

maybe not the bets example as science has moved on but take thalidomide it was given for everything with no understanding of the side effects years down the line. Then boom there was severe dangers too it. We cant tell that any vaccine wont give a side effect down the road a bit. We can do best guess based on science for now but thats it

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Is it?

Im not vaccinated. I dont particularly want it but if we're being coerced then I might end up biting the bullet as it were.

However because Im over 40 I have to have the Astra Zenica jab. I dont want the Astra Zenica jab though. Ive tried my GP, the temporary place in the Gyle and the EICC and each place has told me the same thing in the same patronising manner, "the experts have decided....". Ill take the Pfizer or Moderna but they wont give me it. So essentially because I wont take the AZ then they wont vaccinate me. Im wandering about unvaccinated but willing to take 2 out of the 3 vaccines available.

Just take the AZ jab. I never got a choice. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

As I mentioned before there is concern about the vaccine affecting under 30s menstril cycle and worry about its affects on fertility in that regard. 

At this point no Covid death is acceptable, however if someone dies from the vaccine then, that's apparently ok.

In my opinion, not enough is known about the long term effects of the vaccine, and if younger people want to be cautious about taking it, then that should be allowed. 

Not everyone who doesnt want the vaccine is an antivaxer, most people I know that haven't been vaccinated are sitting on the fence until further evidence is available.

Edited by ScottieMac17

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Is it?

They should never have released different brands of vaccine. It leads to this situation - people wanting to pick and choose despite them having no medical qualifications to enable them to make a truly informed choice. There should be "the vaccine" and the docs decide who gets what or give whatever they have as it is a heath emergency after all.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Clinical trials have been done havent they? To a point that they woild have normally the only thing we cant do is say after three years or ten years this happens or that happens. Flu jab mandated would be interesting as it would probably help the economy. Differeny argument though

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, ScottieMac17 said:

As I mentioned before there is concern about the vaccine affecting under 30s menstril cycle and worried about its affects on fertility in that regard. 

At this point no Covid death is acceptable, however if someone dies from the vaccine then, that's apparently ok.

In my opinion, not enough is known about the long term effects of the vaccine, and if younger people want to be cautious about taking it, then that should be allowed. 

Not everyone who doesnt want the vaccine is an antivaxer, most people I know that haven't been vaccinated are sitting on the fence until further evidence is available.

It comes down to this. Do you want this pandemic to be over or not? and are you willing to do your part or leave it to others?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Clinical trials have been done havent they? To a point that they woild have normally the only thing we cant do is say after three years or ten years this happens or that happens. Flu jab mandated would be interesting as it would probably help the economy. Differeny argument though

It is still in the trial stage. Clinical trials are completed in 2023.

As I mentioned before there is concern about the vaccine affecting under 30s menstril cycle and worry about its affects on fertility in that regard. 

I think this is a sensible point to debate. Not sure there is a proper answer but to live a life of any degree of normality its required and as such not doing it is a choice. Bw that choice made for lunatic reasons or valid reasons. Is it right possibly not but is it a way to allow the vast majority to have a normal way of life yes it is. Tough decisions like that have to be made sadly

fair enough , not upto speed on that part then. 👍🏻

It is scientifically established that the vaccination has reduced the severity of the illness on those double-dosed. (Forget about the loonies who say all this is a fabrication).

Therefore, it is for the good of the community as a whole to be vaccinated.  There may be limited side effects, there are for many life-saving medicines, but only someone who self first would take a stance that threatens the community as a whole; that threatens the return to restrictions that will further hamper economic recovery and take up much needed hospital beds, depriving others of the bed they need for reasons other than Covid. (One hospital saying if they have road traffic accident victims, they haven't got the capacity to cope because of the increase of Covid patients.

Plain selfishness!

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It comes down to this. Do you want this pandemic to be over or not? and are you willing to do your part or leave it to others?

I have done my part... Im double vaccinated. 

My argument is that I think it's unfair to pressure the young into taking something that could ultimately affect them in the future. 

And everyone has done there part to an extent by taking part in lockdown, wearing masks etc...

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

maybe not the bets example as science has moved on but take thalidomide it was given for everything with no understanding of the side effects years down the line. Then boom there was severe dangers too it. We cant tell that any vaccine wont give a side effect down the road a bit. We can do best guess based on science for now but thats it

Given how much money is in the pharmaceutical industry these days I honesty don't think any company would risk producing a vaccine they weren't ultra-confident about. We put our faith in mechanics and car designers every time we drive our car somewhere, no different with scientists. Our lives are in their hands. Yet scientists are treated with such distrust by some people. 

Guest ToqueJambo

I have done my part... Im double vaccinated. 

My argument is that I think it's unfair to pressure the young into taking something that could ultimately affect them in the future. 

And everyone has done there part to an extent by taking part in lockdown, wearing masks etc...

Masks won't end the lockdown. Vaccination will. Don't get why if you believe in vaccination you are bringing up counter arguments? Leave it to the vaccine-hesitant or more extreme bampots surely? Everyone who believes in vaccination should be doing everything they can to encourage people in their circle to do it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

been here before
4 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Just take the AZ jab. I never got a choice. 

Exactly- there is no choice for a large percentage. But people on here are saying there is a choice.

Like I said. Ill take it, just not the AZ.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They should never have released different brands of vaccine. It leads to this situation - people wanting to pick and choose despite them having no medical qualifications to enable them to make a truly informed choice. There should be "the vaccine" and the docs decide who gets what or give whatever they have as it is a heath emergency after all.

Excellent idea, lets ditch the concept of informed consent. So now thats the majority if the rabble dealt with what about those of use who do possess a modicum of medical knowledge and who would be willing to take 2 out of the 3 vaccinies out there but cant get vaccinated because of it?

10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Is it?

Erm... WRONG.. 

Over 40 and got Pfizer 

3 weeks to flatten the curve

Vaccinate the old and vulnerable 

Lockdown the economy

Lock it down again

cancel Christmas 

Vaccinate the over 50s

Vaccinate the over 40s

Vaccinate all adults 

Vaccinate the 16 and 17 year olds

Get a vaccine passport to go to the football 

All of the above was going to bring this to an end. Like any other virus it will make no difference and will become endemic in its own time. 

I find it interesting that this topic has gone down the rights/wrongs of vaccination rather than the practicalities of getting people into the ground. A fair assumption is that it will double the time to get a person through the turnstiles without adding in the guaranteed delays when people do not have valid certification but insist on getting in.

Guest ToqueJambo

3 weeks to flatten the curve

Vaccinate the old and vulnerable 

Lockdown the economy

Lock it down again

cancel Christmas 

Vaccinate the over 50s

Vaccinate the over 40s

Vaccinate all adults 

Vaccinate the 16 and 17 year olds

Get a vaccine passport to go to the football 

All of the above was going to bring this to an end. Like any other virus it will make no difference and will become endemic in its own time. 

Vaccination will bring it to an end. What part of that is hard for you to understand?

16 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Yes we do. The covid vaccines are all built upon existing vaccine technology.

This should have been the last post on this thread, apart from mine obviously !

Get it up the idiots who think they just put together an antidote out the blue !

7 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

My god i sincerely hope you are not a reflection of the compassion of your generation.

That is kinda how civilisation works, you work and contribute, and then are looked after when older.

I really hope you don't have to rely on someone younger in the future when you are old , your grandparents must be so proud of you.

SuperstarSteve
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Correct. That and the no immunity from the virus like polio vaccine guarantees is why some are still on the fence at the moment. 
AZ is still causing deaths at moment short term. Folk would rather hold off for long term data which I can understand. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Given how much money is in the pharmaceutical industry these days I honesty don't think any company would risk producing a vaccine they weren't ultra-confident about. We put our faith in mechanics and car designers every time we drive our car somewhere, no different with scientists. Our lives are in their hands. Yet scientists are treated with such distrust by some people. 

Im not necessarily arguing that. However science is fallible , i say that as a person who is science person. Its not about flat earth or globe style levels of opinions

been here before
1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

Erm... WRONG.. 

Over 40 and got Pfizer 

Erm no wrong I know where Ive been and what Ive been told, most recently at half 3 this afternoon from the practice manager at my GP. 

Where did you get the Pfizer from, presuming you have no underlying complications?

23 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Yep personally been waiting on a hospital appt for 10 months and no nearer being seen. I am sure this is being duplicated thousands of times throughout the country.

I’m the same. Since February 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, merrymac said:

My god i sincerely hope you are not a reflection of the compassion of your generation.

That is kinda how civilisation works, you work and contribute, and then are looked after when older.

I really hope you don't have to rely on someone younger in the future when you are old , your grandparents must be so proud of you.

Some of the views spouted during the pandemic have made me understand better how certain events in history have been allowed to happen.

2 minutes ago, Wee Hammy said:

I find it interesting that this topic has gone down the rights/wrongs of vaccination rather than the practicalities of getting people into the ground. A fair assumption is that it will double the time to get a person through the turnstiles without adding in the guaranteed delays when people do not have valid certification but insist on getting in.

Im not sure was thinking about that. Say for instance barriers are put up at the edge of the plaza , handheld scanners are used to click on the phone passport. Once through you head to turnstiles as normal. The increased waiting time wont be huge Id think.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Erm no wrong I know where Ive been and what Ive been told, most recently at half 3 this afternoon from the practice manager at my GP. 

Where did you get the Pfizer from, presuming you have no underlying complications?

I got pzifer im over 40

Some of the views spouted during the pandemic have made me understand better how certain events in history have been allowed to happen.

had the same thoughts myself but bottled the reference

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Jonkel Hoon said:

Can we use the grass hotline if we think a fellow supporter hasn't had two jabs?

Let them in but make them sit on special seats with a needle that jabs them in the arse with it. They'll just think they sat on a peanut or something.

Just now, escobri said:

After all the deaths from Aberdeen game I've changed my mind, keep the jags coming wee nippy.

Brilliant contribution 😒 take the political stuff to the shed. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Masks won't end the lockdown. Vaccination will. Don't get why if you believe in vaccination you are bringing up counter arguments? Leave it to the vaccine-hesitant or more extreme bampots surely? Everyone who believes in vaccination should be doing everything they can to encourage people in their circle to do it.

I'm against peer pressuring the younger generation. And I have my own concerns about the vaccine, even though I took it. 

Vaccination will bring it to an end. What part of that is hard for you to understand?

You cannot eliminate a coronavirus.  It should have been back to normal once the old and vulnerable were vaccinated. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, merrymac said:

had the same thoughts myself but bottled the reference

yeah, don't like to mention anything specific but the chap going on about the weak vs the strong etc made me stop and think.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Let them in but make them sit on special seats with a needle that jabs them in the arse with it. They'll just think they sat on a peanut or something.

You could put a cut out of Marvin Bartley next to them to put them off the real event

Guest ToqueJambo

You cannot eliminate a coronavirus.  It should have been back to normal once the old and vulnerable were vaccinated. 

Polio isn't eliminated. Is it still causing death and economic devastation? No. Why?

yeah, don't like to mention anything specific but the chap going on about the weak vs the strong etc made me stop and think.

👍 you got it

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Bingo!!  This last sentence brings it all together. 

The vaccine is a choice but if you don’t get it, then live with the consequences of your choice. 

And you can help by giving interviews on your death bed. Even some of these guys have done that. 

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

No underlying anything.. thanks 

Not sure how where I have been makes a difference either  !

I suggest you speak to your GP

Done arguing about what should really be common sense 

17 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

That’s really sad to read.  I had this conversation with my teenage daughter who said much the same. I said that the older and vulnerable are the ones that are putting food on her table and a roof over her head. The people who have afforded her the life she enjoys. 
sorry but that’s an awful statement to make

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

I'm against peer pressuring the younger generation. And I have my own concerns about the vaccine, even though I took it. 

It's not peer pressure to get them to do the right thing. We all vaccinate our kids as infants right? In fact, it would be fantastic to have a younger population who value the meaning of community instead of developing an everyone for themselves, survival of the fittest attitude.

7 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Correct. That and the no immunity from the virus like polio vaccine guarantees is why some are still on the fence at the moment. 
AZ is still causing deaths at moment short term. Folk would rather hold off for long term data which I can understand. 

Polio vaccination isn’t 100% effective either. Higher than the covid vaccine though. 

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

I’m in my sixties and got the Pfizer. Just depends on locations and supplies.