• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Niemi’s gloves

• Greedy Jambo

lost in space
14 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

How about you read what I've said instead of trying to patronise me. I've noticed this is a usual tactic of yours. You're either stupid or trolling. I'm undecided on this. 

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Bob groupies?

You mean Hearts fans who are behind the Hearts manager? What a shower of pricks eh, I've never heard the like.

FFS some on here are just away sharpening the knives, cretins.

Seems to be a lack of humour on here this morning, girls. Monday morning blues??? Big day ahead and signings too apparently!!  Surely better to have a bit of banter - than name calling????

Tom Hardy’s Dug

When we rebuilt in season one with Robbie remember the football we played.

We are undergoing a similar rebuild at a higher level currently.

I believe that Robbie does want to play exciting attacking football. He has done before. The missing link previously was the ability to get players in to the standard required or with the right motivation. 

We are now structured like most of the big English clubs when it comes to recruitment. They seem to have amazing black books.

On the face of it this is going far better than I expected and as somebody who didn’t think Robbie would take us anywhere 2/3 through last season I think the team we now have working in the football department can do something pretty special.

Savage may just be the most important signing we have made in years.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Silvery_Moon
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

No antagonising here, just a thread to discuss our manager  and our good start to the league season. 

2GEA86G.jpg

I have been a huge critic of Robbie and wanted him gone last season (think the majority on here did) but no complaints at how the league season has started. Winning the derby would win him a massive slice of goodwill from the fans. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

Unknown user
34 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Seems to be a lack of humour on here this morning, girls. Monday morning blues??? Big day ahead and signings too apparently!!  Surely better to have a bit of banter - than name calling????

I'm off with the feet up, I don't have to be in a mood to call those guys cretins.

Now away and get your morning coffee Mr 4 question marks, you're getting agitated again, then let's see what the day brings.

All hail Bob

Konrad von Carstein
On 29/08/2021 at 09:15, Lord BJ said:

I can’t lie I wanted a new man in this season. 

It’s early days, still, but we look much improved and RN deserves much of the credit for that. We look a much better team in all departments, albeit still lacking creativity for me. 

Long may it continue. 

That said as a club, we are probably only beginning to meet the standards we should. We have underperformed in the league far too long. 

My thoughts exactly.

lost in space
35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm off with the feet up, I don't have to be in a mood to call those guys cretins.

Now away and get your morning coffee Mr 4 question marks, you're getting agitated again, then let's see what the day brings.

All hail Bob

Enjoy your day off.

Morning coffee? Naaa, a nice cup of calming morning tea for me.

Hail Hearts - no matter who manager is.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

When we rebuilt in season one with Robbie remember the football we played.

We are undergoing a similar rebuild at a higher level currently.

I believe that Robbie does want to play exciting attacking football. He has done before. The missing link previously was the ability to get players in to the standard required or with the right motivation. 

We are now structured like most of the big English clubs when it comes to recruitment. They seem to have amazing black books.

On the face of it this is going far better than I expected and as somebody who didn’t think Robbie would take us anywhere 2/3 through last season I think the team we now have working in the football department can do something pretty special.

Savage may just be the most important signing we have made in years.

I agree, if Bob can get us to around 3rd and 4th the next two seasons then that is when we need to review his position and our ambition as a club. 

But, like the first time he got us back to where we need to be league wise and the signs are he'll do it again. 

The club needs stability, it's tragic but we need to be like Aberdeen have been in the league the last 10 years. No one will like that but we're miles off  that atm. 

Future is looking good tho. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sounds brilliant! What's all the fuss about him then?

What Hearts fan "expects" silverware? We know more than most how hard it is to come by. Neilson mind you has come closer than any other Hearts manager who hasn't won any silverware, which is most of them.

We've had what 40-50 managers since I started watching Hearts in the very late 70s.

A whole three of them have won silverware. Out of the rest, only Doddy and Neilson have got us closer than any of the others to winning a major trophy. Or let's say Neilson/Stendel if you insist, but getting to a semi which Stendel managed is a pretty regular thing for us. Levein did it several times while being slaughtered by the fans. 

Winning it and then doing as well as we did in the final is another matter. That tends to be where we fall down, but Neilson and the lads did brilliantly in the SC last season (or one of them anyway!)

We've had 30 managers since 1977.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We've had 30 managers since 1977.

That’s more than enough. I imagine Romanov had a lot of them though, in his own unique way. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You still going? I believe I'm right in saying "Bob" has NEVER not worked with a SD/DoF as a manager. He had one at us first time, MK, D Utd, then JJ then Savage this time around. So what wings have been clipped exactly? he's even stated many times he'd rather work with someone on recruitment.

You’re wrong again. He didn’t have a DoF at MK Dons and spoke a few times about how he had to do much more without one. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, davemclaren said:

That’s more than enough. I imagine Romanov had a lot of them though, in his own unique way. 

It is, we’ve not had fifty in our history. 

Harry Potter
37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree, if Bob can get us to around 3rd and 4th the next two seasons then that is when we need to review his position and our ambition as a club. 

But, like the first time he got us back to where we need to be league wise and the signs are he'll do it again. 

The club needs stability, it's tragic but we need to be like Aberdeen have been in the league the last 10 years. No one will like that but we're miles off  that atm. 

Future is looking good tho. 

Aberdeen had a draw with county yesterday, pumped out of europe, hardly stable stuff.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Aberdeen had a draw with county yesterday, pumped out of europe, hardly stable stuff.

I was talking about the long term. 

For example, We weren't even in Europe to get pumped out. 

They've been in Europe I think every season for around 10 years. 

I'd like that reversed with us in Europe every season. 

On 28/08/2021 at 18:34, CMc said:

This isn’t true. 

Frequently referred to by a number of derogatory nicknames. 

There were folk recently implying/referring to a rumour that he had some sort of mental impairment.

Arguably true that most of the dissent wasn’t personal. But lots of it ended up that way. 

We also had to put up with the "phoodle" nonsense once again and 1 poster even had a picture of Robbie done like a phoodle as their avatar. 

Not personal? Ha ha ha 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re wrong again. He didn’t have a DoF at MK Dons and spoke a few times about how he had to do much more without one. 

When we win under Bob how much does it piss you off? 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

We also had to put up with the "phoodle" nonsense once again and 1 poster even had a picture of Robbie done like a phoodle as their avatar. 

Not personal? Ha ha ha 

Folk have also  said they want us beat so he gets sacked quickly. 

Robbie and CL bouncing about grown mens heads making them all worked up. 

😂😂

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

No antagonising here, just a thread to discuss our manager  and our good start to the league season. 

2GEA86G.jpg

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye. Ok then 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Aye. Ok then 

How angry do you get when big Bob delivers the goodies? 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk have also  said they want us beat so he gets sacked quickly. 

Robbie and CL bouncing about grown mens heads making them all worked up. 

😂😂

I'll be honest, when he left in 2016 I wasn't to upset and I wasn't doing cartwheels when he came back either but he's our manager, he has given years of service as player, coach, manager and he absolutely deserves the backing of every single one of us on matchday and when things are tough. 

I'm very happy with how things are going, Robbie is improving as a manager all the time. We've made some exciting signings and are possibly in for 1 or 2 more. 

It's a good time to be a jambo, let's kick on from here....... as ONE. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

How angry do you get when big Bob delivers the goodies? 

😀 I don’t. We’re winning and doing well. All I care about tbh.
If it’s down to “Bob”, as you call him, I don’t mind in the slightest. And I certainly don’t mind being proved wrong because we are doing well 

I think being honest you seem to be happier with having a go at folk for not sharing the same opinion as you as opposed to how well we are doing 

Your just contradicting yourself again. You said earlier that you started the thread to congratulate the manager on how well he has done, but all you are doing is working your way through the thread trolling and having a go at folk for being …. Wrong 🤒

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Makes it sweeter seeing his reactions to goals and wins it means a lot to him. Robbie gets a lot of stick need to lay off him and just focus on the football we have made a brilliant start get a result against Hibs we then have County away Livi and Motherwell at home could be a very good start. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Makes it sweeter seeing his reactions to goals and wins it means a lot to him. Robbie gets a lot of stick need to lay off him and just focus on the football we have made a brilliant start get a result against Hibs we then have County away Livi and Motherwell at home could be a very good start. 

Could be way out in front.. 😂

Or it will all fall apart 🙄

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Could be way out in front.. 😂

Or it will all fall apart 🙄

Mmmm - take one game at a time and I'll stop getting ahead of myself haha.

The last time we came up with Robbie from the championship we done really well and made a good start. fingers crossed it keeps going. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

If it’s down to “Bob”, as you call him, I don’t mind in the slightest. And I certainly don’t mind being proved wrong because we are doing well 

I think being honest you seem to be happier with having a go at folk for not sharing the same opinion as you as opposed to how well we are doing 

Your just contradicting yourself again. You said earlier that you started the thread to congratulate the manager on how well he has done, but all you are doing is working your way through the thread trolling and having a go at folk for being …. Wrong 🤒

robbie-neilson-3ec240b8-5a24-4310-ba4f-693c1b1ddc4-resize-750.jpg

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Mmmm - take one game at a time and I'll stop getting ahead of myself haha.

The last time we came up with Robbie from the championship we done really well and made a good start. fingers crossed it keeps going. 

Yip. 

We'll no doubt have a few bad results, but hopefully we have consistency over the season and finish high up. 

I'm hopeful. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I was talking about the long term. 

For example, We weren't even in Europe to get pumped out. 

They've been in Europe I think every season for around 10 years. 

I'd like that reversed with us in Europe every season. 

I still think you are giving them too much credit long term or not, we matched them at tynecastle and we

have just arrived back in the top league, we need time to adjust to get back to full match capability, we will

achieve that .

On 28/08/2021 at 19:08, Mr Elwood P said:

How’s Daniel getting on in France?

blimey....having a bit of a shocker, bottom of ligue 2

image.png.fe149849abab859a80f613790f77b96c.png

Edited by Jim Panzee

Niemi’s gloves
27 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

To be fair, SRB took an awful lot of flak from Robbie-haters on the “Neilson out” thread (or whatever it was called) over the summer, some of it quite abusive;  and generally he  responded in a civil fashion. If he is indulging in a bit of trolling, that would be understandable. To be frank, there seem to be a few on here who were/are happy to dish it out but have very thin skins when it comes to anything that they perceive as remotely critical of them. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

To be fair, SRB took an awful lot of flak from Robbie-haters on the “Neilson out” thread (or whatever it was called) over the summer, some of it quite abusive;  and generally he  responded in a civil fashion. If he is indulging in a bit of trolling, that would be understandable. To be frank, there seem to be a few on here who were/are happy to dish it out but have very thin skins when it comes to anything that they perceive as remotely critical of them. 

Couldn't agree more, the lad's taken some amount of flak. Fair play to him for standing his ground and yeah, I can't blame him for his (fairly tame) reaction. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Haken said:

Looking for a thread full of surprises?  This ain't it.

What, like a "Bob in a box"? 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I still think you are giving them too much credit long term or not, we matched them at tynecastle and we

have just arrived back in the top league, we need time to adjust to get back to full match capability, we will

achieve that .

I shudder at the thought to compare the last ten years performance with them Tbh. 

It's quite a gap. 

But, it's all about going forward and as you say there is nothing to fear. 

Aberdeen have actually went slightly backwards the last 3 years, ended up behind Killie, Motherwell and Hibs. ( seems silly to say that as we got demoted and spent a season in the championship), but Aberdeen have regressed, if slightly recently.

Still 4th last season after a 10 game winless and goalless streak tho, can't see them repeating that period this season so they'll be in the mix at the top end I reckon. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Looks like he's struggling in a pub league. 

😱

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

I'll be honest, when he left in 2016 I wasn't to upset and I wasn't doing cartwheels when he came back either but he's our manager, he has given years of service as player, coach, manager and he absolutely deserves the backing of every single one of us on matchday and when things are tough. 

I'm very happy with how things are going, Robbie is improving as a manager all the time. We've made some exciting signings and are possibly in for 1 or 2 more. 

It's a good time to be a jambo, let's kick on from here....... as ONE. 

And if we do poorly he'll get sacked. 

It is quite exciting, can't wait until Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

:spoton:

12 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Your last paragraph applies to as many clappers as it does haters tbf. 
If it’s a wee bit of tit for tat on SRB’s part, he should at least have the good grace to admit it 💀

It’s the Robbie-Haters part I don’t get. It seems to be that if you don’t rate him, your suddenly classed as a “hater” by some. I’ve yet to see posts saying that anyone hates him. he’s an ex player he obviously genuinely cares for the club. However by affording an opinion, it is alright not to rate him and think he isn’t the right man for the job. I think there will be loads of folk that like Robbie, but just don’t rate him. They aren’t necessarily hiring out planes for the day. 

You know as well as I do, that for some, Robbie will always fly in the coat tails of CL, and that’s why a lot of folk won’t and never will accept him. Rightly, or wrongly, that’s just the way it is

We have started this season well and it just feels that things are changing for the better at the club and not before time. Hopefully we can maintain the form and I think generally we are in a much better place with much better talent coming into the club. Fair play to AB - I was critical of her having too much involvement in the day to day running of the club but it seems that she has left it in the hands of people that are capable and you can see a big difference especially with ambitions and standards already. It feels that way anyway. We have Still got to be consistent and there is a long way to go but very good start imo. 

Not sure being out of one of our 3 chances to win something before September is a 'bang' but yes, he's doing a good job so far in the league. Long may it continue.

Niemi’s gloves
55 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Your last paragraph applies to as many clappers as it does haters tbf. 
If it’s a wee bit of tit for tat on SRB’s part, he should at least have the good grace to admit it 💀

It’s the Robbie-Haters part I don’t get. It seems to be that if you don’t rate him, your suddenly classed as a “hater” by some. I’ve yet to see posts saying that anyone hates him. he’s an ex player he obviously genuinely cares for the club. However by affording an opinion, it is alright not to rate him and think he isn’t the right man for the job. I think there will be loads of folk that like Robbie, but just don’t rate him. They aren’t necessarily hiring out planes for the day. 

You know as well as I do, that for some, Robbie will always fly in the coat tails of CL, and that’s why a lot of folk won’t and never will accept him. Rightly, or wrongly, that’s just the way it is

We have started this season well and it just feels that things are changing for the better at the club and not before time. Hopefully we can maintain the form and I think generally we are in a much better place with much better talent coming into the club. Fair play to AB - I was critical of her having too much involvement in the day to day running of the club but it seems that she has left it in the hands of people that are capable and you can see a big difference especially with ambitions and standards already. It feels that way anyway. We have Still got to be consistent and there is a long way to go but very good start imo. 

Fair enough. For me,  “Robbie-haters” is a convenient catch-all term for those who have seemed bitterly opposed to him, have put as negative spin as possible on his record and are waiting to leap on any disappointing result (as illustrated by the appearance of a “Neilson’s failings” thread within minutes of the end of the ICT game). As you have said, there are some who will never accept him because of the CL link. I don’t think it is any more unreasonable to call them “Robbie haters” as a convenient shorthand than it is for people to use terms like “clappers” or more fully “happy clappers”. 

I obviously agree with the positivity of your final paragraph. Long may it continue and let’s hope that the majority of fans can stay upbeat and civil even when there are occasional set backs along the way. 

Guest ToqueJambo
12 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

He has always worked with a DoF type but the marked difference is he used to choose the players, he doesn’t any more

Anyway, as I’ve pointed out continuously I like Robbie and really want him to succeed, I just don’t think he’s capable. 

You seem to have me down as a plane hirer. If so, you’re way off the mark. 

Evidence? Him and Savage work together, Savage is not his boss - they both report directly to Budge. Neilson chooses the types of players we want and he chooses the ones we actually offer contracts to. He also chooses the ones that play. Glad to clear that up for you.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

He's certainly consistent, just like our Bob. Although in Bob's case you have to replace Nancy with Hearts and turn the table upside down to get a more accurate representation of the team's fortunes under him - for every season he's managed us.

Savage Vince
7 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Totally agree. The man-babies who would rather see Robbie fall on his sword than succeed just can't take it at the moment. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

‘She was intending to bring in a CEO and since then Andrew has come in. I get on really well with him. I report into Joe Savage [sporting director] and then to Andrew and obviously Ann is at the top of that.’

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/changing-the-guard-at-hearts-as-andrew-mckinlay-takes-centre-stage-from-ann-budge-before-foundation-of-hearts-handover-3249731

To be honest I’m tired of your aggressive tone and strangely defensive position on Neilson (especially on a day like today) so let’s leave it there. I’ve made my position really clear throughout this thread and numerous others. 

I like Robbie and want him to succeed. I just don’t think he’s a good manager; but he’s got a much better chance with boys like Savage identifying players. 

I think you said I was going on ignore so please feel free to do that. 

Fair enough on the structure but I said prove how signings are made. That wasn't the structure originally.

I'm tired of your bombastic negativity so it goes both ways. Suggesting Neilson doesn't have a say in the final signings though is simply wrong and something only an arsepiece with an agenda would say.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

‘Savage is not his boss - they both report directly to Budge.’😂

And your reply was after an edit😂

I’m done mate. 

Whatever. I asked for evidence of how signings are made. I did think he reported directly to Budge because he did but don't care either way as I'm not a weirdo who refuses to give Neilson credit for anything.

Edited by ToqueJambo