Big Bob

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Not sure if I agree about the cup record. We did come close in the final and beating Hibs was fantastic but it was thanks to Daniel Stendel that we were at Hampden in the first place. That's something Robbie has never managed to do.

That's before you take into consideration the cup exits to lower league teams. Most Hearts managers have zero losses to lower league teams on their CV, Bob has three.

Even this season, the league cup was a let down. He knew exactly what was needed against ICT but we could only manage a 1-0. Hence not being seeded and the resultant usual defeat at Celtic Park.

The league start has been great but let's hope it continues. We've all soon good starts which have soon petered out, you only have to go back three years for the most recent example. Look how that ended up.

His cup record is a concern. 

But after the last decade league stability is most welcome and with that cup runs will follow. 

We need to be back at the top end of the league for so many reasons. 

For comparison, Doddie was relatively poor in the cups but we had a good team. 

We've won 3 cups in 50 +years, we should be finishing top 3/4 most seasons tho. We've done it maybe 3 or 4 times in 20 years. 

Bb is  fixing that. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Niemi’s gloves

• Greedy Jambo

It's been a very good start to the season, no doubt. Long may it continue.

The tactical changes and the fear that appears to grip Neilson when we take the lead is a worry though.

True, the opposition also play their part by upping their game to get back on level terms but we do appear to aid and abet this at times.

It does concern me that if we start well against Hibs and get ahead this mindset will once again take over.

if we just keep doing what gets us leads in the first place we could be in for a very pleasant afternoon. If not, a draw, or worse, beckons.

We have the players/team to hurt these emailing feckers, let's hope we now have the head coach to match.

C'mon RN. 

Get it done.

:flagwave:

51 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

But what if they other team thinks like that? 

:fonzie:

I couldn't give a hoot about other teams.

Neilson has no excuses this season.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I couldn't give a hoot about other teams.

Neilson has no excuses this season.

Cracking insight.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, martoon said:

It's been a very good start to the season, no doubt. Long may it continue.

The tactical changes and the fear that appears to grip Neilson when we take the lead is a worry though.

True, the opposition also play their part by upping their game to get back on level terms but we do appear to aid and abet this at times.

It does concern me that if we start well against Hibs and get ahead this mindset will once again take over.

if we just keep doing what gets us leads in the first place we could be in for a very pleasant afternoon. If not, a draw, or worse, beckons.

We have the players/team to hurt these emailing feckers, let's hope we now have the head coach to match.

C'mon RN. 

Get it done.

:flagwave:

You seem to be a  very worried and concerned person.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think Robbie knows that the fans want to watch attractive football and he is definitely showing signs he is listening. I was very underwhelmed by some of his tactics in a number of games in the past and after Brora I wanted him replaced but so far things look bright. 

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You seem to be a  very worried and concerned person.

There's others more worrying and concerning than me, Tosh.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, martoon said:

There's others more worrying and concerning than me, Tosh.

Don't worry about them tho, you'll only concern yourself and worry more.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
3 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

The league start has been great but let's hope it continues. We've all soon good starts which have soon petered out, you only have to go back three years for the most recent example. Look how that ended up.

Have faith! We have a much stronger, younger and more balanced team. No passengers and we've only added improved quality. We will be right up there throughout the season.

Wanted Robbie gone but have seen enough improvement and a desire to implement a style of play he has my full backing well done Robbie and his staff

18 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Have faith! We have a much stronger, younger and more balanced team. No passengers and we've only added improved quality. We will be right up there throughout the season.

I think the personnel have improved  and certainly the attitude has improved. I’m not convinced we’re playing to full potential YET and the brakes are still on a lot of the time. I also don’t think we’re fit enough either.

Having said that, the time to scrutinise and criticise a manager is when you go on a bad run of results. I don’t like him. I think we could do better and I think he won’t get the most out of this squad because he has shortcomings. But now isn’t the time given the start we’ve made.

Worthing Jambo
16 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Well, his cup record isn't that bad, we were a baw hair away from the Scottish cup last year. 

TBF, after the Brora game I was the same as you. I thought RN should go. He had become a defensive Levein-esque manager. And the football was eye-bleeding. But, TBF, he changed tack and we started playing decent football towards the end of the season. 

I also make the point that every single Hearts fan, at the start of the Championship season last year, agreed: we don't care how we do it, we have to get our of here at the first time of calling (Hibs took 3 seasons tp get out). RN achieved the with a 12 point margin.

Now. I don't care what people say about "you have the resources, you should be able to do it". Plenty of managers have failed that test. Robbie didn't. We had a 12 point win margin. Some of the play wasn't pretty, but he did it. For that, he deserves some recognition.

Today. We played some of the best football I've seen since the Romanov era. First half we totally dominated DU with quick sharp passing that was a joy to watch (compared to what we have been used to the past 6 years). I am genuinely excited to be a Hearts fan again. I think we'll pump Hibs 3 nil. Because I feel we are that good. Whether or not that happens, I'm enjoying being a Jambo again.

So, to be reading that some fans are still having a go at Robbie, without even stopping to acknowledge the turnaround is, frankly, depressing. Nobody needs that. We need everyone to put the past behind them and just start to enjoy that we are hugely improved and look set for a very very good season...with Robbie in charge!

Great post👍
I’m sure Robbie is aware that a section of the fan base don’t rate him.

I don’t think that is a bad thing as I’m sure it has fired him up to succeed.

The two ends of the spectrum on here are as bad as each other.

Still, keeps me entertained 😁

Really enjoyed some of stuff played yesterday apart from a 20 min spell.

In fairness, Robbie was trying to get the team to push up.

The Ultimate Worrier
3 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

His cup record is a concern. 

But after the last decade league stability is most welcome and with that cup runs will follow. 

We need to be back at the top end of the league for so many reasons. 

For comparison, Doddie was relatively poor in the cups but we had a good team. 

We've won 3 cups in 50 +years, we should be finishing top 3/4 most seasons tho. We've done it maybe 3 or 4 times in 20 years. 

Bb is  fixing that. 

Let's hope so mate.

19 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Robbie cup record is a strange one. Doesn’t seem any logic to why his teams have struggled in the cup so much. 

To me his teams have a certain way of playing and don't change much.

That leaves them vulnerable in Cup games when the opposition goes for it.

Ignoring getting to the cup final (I know) Levein's record wasn't great in the cups either. 

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

That way of playing has been pretty successful, in Scotland at least, in the league. You think it would translate to winning football games in the cup. His record is shocking in the cups, I still get nightmares about the hibs and bora exits. 

Hopefully, he puts it right this season and lifts the SC . 

I think it's that other teams treat the cup as something different. 

Neilson's teams don't seem to, or to adjust.

1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Great post👍
I’m sure Robbie is aware that a section of the fan base don’t rate him.

I don’t think that is a bad thing as I’m sure it has fired him up to succeed.

The two ends of the spectrum on here are as bad as each other.

Still, keeps me entertained 😁

Really enjoyed some of stuff played yesterday apart from a 20 min spell.

In fairness, Robbie was trying to get the team to push up.

To go away from home and dominate like that was really good to see. Delighted with yesterday. I think he changed  after their subs and saw that wasn’t working then changed things again which pleased me just as much. In the past hearts sides would have just hoped to cling on to 1-0. That often doesn’t end well. 

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cracking insight.

Why do you constantly try to antagonise.From what I can see most posters who have expressed doubts about Neilson are happy to be proved wrong.

It's almost like you want to provoke Hearts supporters into repeating why they've been doubting .

You have to wonder at your motive.

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

To me his teams have a certain way of playing and don't change much.

That leaves them vulnerable in Cup games when the opposition goes for it.

Ignoring getting to the cup final (I know) Levein's record wasn't great in the cups either. 

Yes, even the best managers there have ever been talk about risk.

I don’t mean do stupid things with the ball, but promote the necessity to their players that they CAN go and kill a game or if it’s a draw and time is running out, (allied with a shape change) that they instil a belief they can actually win the game and that attitude shows.  

There’s tests in different scenarios to some for RN. It’s been a pretty comfy start with us leading the games so far but it’s very encouraging that we are actually dominating games from

the start and showing a far better mentality from kick off compared to the last time in the SPL

18 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Well, his cup record isn't that bad, we were a baw hair away from the Scottish cup last year. 

TBF, after the Brora game I was the same as you. I thought RN should go. He had become a defensive Levein-esque manager. And the football was eye-bleeding. But, TBF, he changed tack and we started playing decent football towards the end of the season. 

I also make the point that every single Hearts fan, at the start of the Championship season last year, agreed: we don't care how we do it, we have to get our of here at the first time of calling (Hibs took 3 seasons tp get out). RN achieved the with a 12 point margin.

Now. I don't care what people say about "you have the resources, you should be able to do it". Plenty of managers have failed that test. Robbie didn't. We had a 12 point win margin. Some of the play wasn't pretty, but he did it. For that, he deserves some recognition.

Today. We played some of the best football I've seen since the Romanov era. First half we totally dominated DU with quick sharp passing that was a joy to watch (compared to what we have been used to the past 6 years). I am genuinely excited to be a Hearts fan again. I think we'll pump Hibs 3 nil. Because I feel we are that good. Whether or not that happens, I'm enjoying being a Jambo again.

So, to be reading that some fans are still having a go at Robbie, without even stopping to acknowledge the turnaround is, frankly, depressing. Nobody needs that. We need everyone to put the past behind them and just start to enjoy that we are hugely improved and look set for a very very good season...with Robbie in charge!

Let's be honest his cup record is shit - no two ways about it. Was shocking first time out and has been the same in the first 3 cup campaigns he has started since returning. Yes he came close to winning it when inheriting Stendel's Cup run but another way of looking at it is he got to start a cup campaign from the semis and didn't win. Stendel was crap in the league but got us to the semis with a good win at Falkirk and great win v Rangers. 

Back to the league and clearly that's where Robbies strength is. 

If you want good league runs and occasional European football Bob is indeed your man. Just don't expect any silverware. 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, jambojase said:

Let's be honest his cup record is shit - no two ways about it. Was shocking first time out and has been the same in the first 3 cup campaigns he has started since returning. Yes he came close to winning it when inheriting Stendel's Cup run but another way of looking at it is he got to start a cup campaign from the semis and didn't win. Stendel was crap in the league but got us to the semis with a good win at Falkirk and great win v Rangers. 

If you want good league runs and occasional European football Bob is indeed your man. Just don't expect any silverware. 

Woof what a sad twat you are too afraid to give RN any credit doom and gloom merchant it’s like you’d be quite happy if he doesn’t win anything 

10 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Woof what a sad twat you are too afraid to give RN any credit doom and gloom merchant it’s like you’d be quite happy if he doesn’t win anything 

Apart from calling me a twat would you like to point out anything in my post which was incorrect? 

12 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

:facepalm: 

Niemi’s gloves
9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Watch out mate. One of the Bob groupies might stick you in on ignore - and we all know how serious that is😂

You’re also spot on.

Thankfully Bob’s wings have been very much clipped and we now have grown ups in charge of the serious stuff. Bob now does the cones mostly. 

Why don’t you take the advice of the poster who is “spot on” and stop posting stuff designed to antagonise?

Silvery_Moon
31 minutes ago, jambojase said:

25 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

If we are being honest I don't think there are many Hearts fans who think Robbie has anything other than a shocking cup record. 

The Halloween semi final was actually massive for him last year I felt as he partly laid a couple of things to rest - his poor derby and cup record. It was a huge win for the club and even though we lost the final I still enjoy watching that semi final. You could see what it meant to him at the end.

Disappointingly we have had 3 cup campaigns since that haven't got anywhere but he has been solid as ever in the league.  I'm repeating myself here but worth saying again that if Robbie had been in charge 2019/20 we would have been nowhere near relegation. 

The derby in 2 weeks is massive for the club, massive for fans and particularly big for Robbie. A win on the 12th September will go a long way to silencing his doubters of which I freely admit to being one. Here's hoping for a good result. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, jambojase said:

Apart from calling me a twat would you like to point out anything in my post which was incorrect? 

I shouldn’t have said that but you said his cup record is shit beat Hibs in the semi two shit penalties cost us a another cup win. If the team had actually tried to put the Inverness game to bed we’d have probably had a decent draw in the LC. I’ve said it b4 but the draw against the hobbits in the cup lost him a lot of support and some cannot forgive him for that imo. Silverware will come our way fwiw.

Savage Vince
22 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Watch out mate. One of the Bob groupies might stick you in on ignore - and we all know how serious that is😂

You’re also spot on.

Thankfully Bob’s wings have been very much clipped and we now have grown ups in charge of the serious stuff. Bob now does the cones mostly. 

Look at you posting drivel. 😁

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Yes, even the best managers there have ever been talk about risk.

I don’t mean do stupid things with the ball, but promote the necessity to their players that they CAN go and kill a game or if it’s a draw and time is running out, (allied with a shape change) that they instil a belief they can actually win the game and that attitude shows.  

There’s tests in different scenarios to some for RN. It’s been a pretty comfy start with us leading the games so far but it’s very encouraging that we are actually dominating games from

the start and showing a far better mentality from kick off compared to the last time in the SPL

Exactly  .

26 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I shouldn’t have said that but you said his cup record is shit beat Hibs in the semi two shit penalties cost us a another cup win. If the team had actually tried to put the Inverness game to bed we’d have probably had a decent draw in the LC. I’ve said it b4 but the draw against the hobbits in the cup lost him a lot of support and some cannot forgive him for that imo. Silverware will come our way fwiw.

His cup record isn't good, with the obvious exception of the semi final last year.

I'm not sure why that's a point of debate. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ked said:

Why do you constantly try to antagonise.From what I can see most posters who have expressed doubts about Neilson are happy to be proved wrong.

It's almost like you want to provoke Hearts supporters into repeating why they've been doubting .

You have to wonder at your motive.

Who were you before?

Niemi’s gloves
17 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I thought I was going on ignore? Or was that someone else?😂

Right second time. I have never put anyone on ignore. But then I have time in my life to call out those - not necessarily you - who post unsupported drivel as fact (or should that be “FACT”) and I am willing to stand up to bully boy posts from those who dislike being challenged. 

Niemi’s gloves
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Cool mate. I have put a couple on ignore but then cancelled them as it’s not that big a deal.  I’ve never posted fact in capitals, minded being challenged and also detest bullies so maybe let’s leave all this pish behind?

Sounds like we have lots in common really.

I took umbrage to a couple of posts which In my opinion were designed to slag off Hearts fans who have concerns about Robbie which were posted an hour or so after a fantastic Hearts win which I was celebrating with a good few beers. 

Ok fair enough. All good 👍

Scott Leitch

He has a long way to go to convince me he is the man for the job. Parkhead last week is still fresh in the memory. Is he going to set us up that way in Glasgow or will he grow a set? 

I'd bin him given the chance and get Neil in but that's just me. I accept he is going nowhere but I don't have the confidence in him. Hope he proves me wrong and we keep winning though. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

He has a long way to go to convince me he is the man for the job. Parkhead last week is still fresh in the memory. Is he going to set us up that way in Glasgow or will he grow a set? 

I'd bin him given the chance and get Neil in but that's just me. I accept he is going nowhere but I don't have the confidence in him. Hope he proves me wrong and we keep winning though. 

It’s not just you 👍🏽
The only thing “big” about him is his heid.

Nothing would please me more than to see Robbie lead us to a cup, even the treble. That's the dream. I'd be 

Even if he does, I'd still be happy to see him move on. I don't usually enjoy watching his safety first brand of football. I hope he can prove me wrong this season, but Parkhead suggests not. Plus ,there's more to Hearts than just the first team - Connor Smith being quietly shipped on loan is an example of the kind of decision I can't get on board with. I'd like to see us do more to integrate our best young players into the first team squad.

TIn hat on.

Edited by blairdin

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, jambojase said:

Sounds brilliant! What's all the fuss about him then?

What Hearts fan "expects" silverware? We know more than most how hard it is to come by. Neilson mind you has come closer than any other Hearts manager who hasn't won any silverware, which is most of them.

We've had what 40-50 managers since I started watching Hearts in the very late 70s.

A whole three of them have won silverware. Out of the rest, only Doddy and Neilson have got us closer than any of the others to winning a major trophy. Or let's say Neilson/Stendel if you insist, but getting to a semi which Stendel managed is a pretty regular thing for us. Levein did it several times while being slaughtered by the fans. 

Winning it and then doing as well as we did in the final is another matter. That tends to be where we fall down, but Neilson and the lads did brilliantly in the SC last season (or one of them anyway!)

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

You'd bin the manager behind this start to the season? Wild.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

You’re also spot on.

You still going? I believe I'm right in saying "Bob" has NEVER not worked with a SD/DoF as a manager. He had one at us first time, MK, D Utd, then JJ then Savage this time around. So what wings have been clipped exactly? he's even stated many times he'd rather work with someone on recruitment.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

What are his league stats these days? Even if you take out the championship seasons. Must stack up pretty high against all previous managers.

9 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Why don’t you take the advice of the poster who is “spot on” and stop posting stuff designed to antagonise?

Have you not figured it out yet 🙄

the whole purpose of this thread was designed to antagonise, so don’t destroy anyone for fulfilling the purpose 

Scott Leitch
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You'd bin the manager behind this start to the season? Wild.

I would yes. For the reasons I gave.

Hope I'm wrong I really do but I don't think he is the right man for the job. I thought we were good on Sat but besides that we've not been great. Celtic first game we were lucky and Aberdeen again we were average. The cup game was a joke. He should have learnt his lesson after the cup final that sitting back and inviting them onto us never works. He didn't though and that first half was as bad a performance in Glasgow as I can remember. Huge improvement second half but will he learn when we go to Ibrox or Parkhead next? I doubt it. But let's see.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Hope I'm wrong I really do but I don't think he is the right man for the job. I thought we were good on Sat but besides that we've not been great. Celtic first game we were lucky and Aberdeen again we were average. The cup game was a joke. He should have learnt his lesson after the cup final that sitting back and inviting them onto us never works. He didn't though and that first half was as bad a performance in Glasgow as I can remember. Huge improvement second half but will he learn when we go to Ibrox or Parkhead next? I doubt it. But let's see.

You do understand that there are 2 teams and especially at celtic Park - one team will impress their game on to you. 

They beat the other 2 teams 6-0 there, that can't have escaped you? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Have you not figured it out yet 🙄

the whole purpose of this thread was designed to antagonise, so don’t destroy anyone for fulfilling the purpose 

No antagonising here, just a thread to discuss our manager  and our good start to the league season. 

2GEA86G.jpg

Jeffros Furios
10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who were you before?

Who are you ? 

Harry Potter
46 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

The league table does not lie, saturdays win was very good, hopefully lessons learned after the celtic cup game,

we have to do a lot better there.

Scott Leitch
Just now, Harry Potter said:

The league table does not lie, saturdays win was very good, hopefully lessons learned after the celtic cup game,

we have to do a lot better there.

I agree. Let's hope we smash the vermin in the next game and continue on from there.