• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Niemi’s gloves

• Greedy Jambo

Savage Vince
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Can you not just enjoy it instead of having a bitch and moan at other Hearts fans?

Almost every ‘Robbie out’ poster on here has never been personal towards him. 

I’d say 99% of posters who wanted him out (and I’m one of them) really wanted Robbie and Hearts to succeed and liked him for his spell as a player and manager but just didn’t think he was going to succeed. 

If we’re wrong (as we all hoped we would be) then that means I’ll continue to feel like I do now. Sitting in the garden absolutely buzzing that it looks like Hearts are back and my 11 year old son has totally fallen in love with Hearts just like I did. 

Maybe time to stop the petty sniping and ‘I told you so’ stuff. 

That's some bite right there. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Can you not just enjoy it instead of having a bitch and moan at other Hearts fans?

I’d say 99% of posters who wanted him out (and I’m one of them) really wanted Robbie and Hearts to succeed and liked him for his spell as a player and manager but just didn’t think he was going to succeed. 

If we’re wrong (as we all hoped we would be) then that means I’ll continue to feel like I do now. Sitting in the garden absolutely buzzing that it looks like Hearts are back and my 11 year old son has totally fallen in love with Hearts just like I did. 

If you think

Bang with a bang

And

Long may it continue 

Is having a go, fair enough. 

There's a Fred named bob failings on the go but if thats OK with you and this one isn't the problem may be elsewhere and not folk on here being positive. 

Kidd’s Boots

I still have my concerns about him. Mainly due to how thin he’s looking on top these days!. From my seat in the Main Stand it’s alarming… when Forrest and him come out of the dugout I can’t see a bloody thing! 

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

All the bitching and moaning came from the Robbie Lot lot for months and months on end. Thread after thread after thread.... 

It was as ridiculous then as it is now from some of the same people still picking fault in winning performances because it was never in doubt that we would start well. Neilson has started every season as Hearts manager very well. There was every reason to believe he'd do the same again.

30 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

This isn’t true. 

Frequently referred to by a number of derogatory nicknames. 

There were folk recently implying/referring to a rumour that he had some sort of mental impairment.

Arguably true that most of the dissent wasn’t personal. But lots of it ended up that way. 

Edited by CMc

I’m not a fan and never will be. 

I think we have a potentially exciting team at our disposal but play with the handbrake on. 

Let’s see how we approach the Derby - I want us to have a right go from the off and keep the intensity regardless of the score. I genuinely believe we have the better team right now 

AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I think we have a potentially exciting team at our disposal but play with the handbrake on. 

Let’s see how we approach the Derby - I want us to have a right go from the off and keep the intensity regardless of the score. I genuinely believe we have the better team right now 

Not sure I can understand this attitiude tbf. I wasn't enamoured about him remaining but to say never? What if we win the league? 

Tynecastlesmychurch
44 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Thats a fair post buddy! Although I would say (not necessarily to you, just in general) it does go both ways. We cant have the knives out after every set back. Right now were building and making progress. Long may it continue!

Also thats brilliant that your son is buzzing and enjoying being a jambo! I believe the season I fell in love with Hearts was 05/06 I was 9 years old! I specifically remember the game too. We beat celtic 3-0 in the sunshine at Tynecastle. And I just new that this was my tribe! And that would never change!

58 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Well said 👏 

Definitely a solid start by him, I'm a little frustrated watching us back off when we go a goal up, did it against Aberdeen and were punished for it. Dundee Utd obviously aren't Aberdeen but its a mindset thing we need to get out of. 

Wins against St Mirren and Dundee Utd away gives me a lot of confidence though, two very difficult places to go, so its encouraging to see. Once Woodburn, Moore and Devlin are properly integrated into the system I can see us giving out some proper doings this season. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Back with a bang. 

Long may it continue. 

b25lY21zOjc1MDdmMmU1LWRkZjEtNGY2NS1iNGI2LTdhOTA3MThhNGYxZDo3ZDNiMmFlMS02MTk1LTRhNWItODMwOS1kODFjNDg5ZTE1YTI=.jpg

How’s Daniel getting on in France?

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not sure I can understand this attitiude tbf. I wasn't enamoured about him remaining but to say never? What if we win the league? 

Same. Can’t understand how people can have such entrenched views about a manager who has been so consistent in the league every season for us.  

And his recruitment this season is night and day compared to the last few seasons. Beni for example could be our best signing for many a year. Up there with souttar and gordon, also Neilson signings. It’s a while since you could look at a hearts squad and not see a single player who needs binned.

Edited by ToqueJambo

19 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

There it is!

Sub4TiddlerMurray
17 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

There's no "potential" about it. We now have an exciting team with quality right across the park. The Savage one is due a lot of credit for sourcing players but RN is the architect. 4 straight wins!! 

The football we played was awesome today. Totally outclassed DU for most of the game and RN deserves to take credit for that. He did, as you say, put the 442 handbrake on and tipped the game in DU's favour. Fair play to him tho', he changed it back when he brought Moore on. Now that's what I call good management. 

19 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

if he had won the SC last season I would still feel the same. I simply don’t enjoy the football despite winning which seems at odds for many but not for me. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

No no no, it's when we lose its thanks to Bobert, winning is despite him

Correct.

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

You're pissing into the wind. Rubbing folk's noses in it is all that some people have, Barney. It's a character flaw.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

if he had won the SC last season I would still feel the same. I simply don’t enjoy the football despite winning which seems at odds for many but not for me. 

We create a lot of chances under Neilson and are solid defensively. The players hes signing are mostly high temp, dynamic and direct types, certainly in mid and up front. We’re playing an attacking formation is most games. And it’s working so far.

Not sure what more to ask for, other than being more clinical in front of goal and improving our crossing.

What’s missing for you bearing in mind the tough start fixtures

wise and the fact its still very early days?

Well said bud. My 6 year old can’t wait to go to a game ❤️

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Correct.

You're pissing into the wind. Rubbing folk's noses in it is all that some people have, Barney. It's a character flaw.

Surely allow the happy clappers just one thread to indulge in our seal like antics and praise the guy who has transformed the squad and made us start the season very well?

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Surely allow the happy clappers just one thread to indulge in our seal like antics and praise the guy who has transformed the squad and made us start the season very well?

Feel free to start a thread about Savage and Lancefield if you like. 👍

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Fort Vallance

He should have been booted after Brora. If he comes good, nobody will be happier than me. And I'll applaud the decision to give him time. Very early days to start showering him with plaudits though.

rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

You're the transfer man PTBCAL you must be very happy with the rumours you're hearing

Fair play to Neilson though.  I honestly thought we would be sitting with 2 points max at this stage.  That is 4 very tough fixtures out the way.  I still have my doubts about his set up and believe he needs to be more positive especially when we play the teams currently occupying the bottom 4.  We should be aiming for 3rd now and hopefully Neilson can do this.  Huge incentive as we would be guaranteed European group stage football next season (I think).

13 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Definitely not having a go but I just struggle to understand this. If I felt like that I would honestly question if Hearts (and indeed Scottish football in general) was for me. The investment of time, finance and emotion would simply not be worth it.

23 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

This is such a hibs attitude IMO. Used to hear them say it all the time under Mowbray and playing their “hibs flair” . Didn’t matter if they lose, the as long as they enjoyed the football. Losers attitude!

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Already have 75% of the wins from 19/20 😂

We have reached the amount of points in 4 games that it took us 12 games that season. If we win our next game then we reach the same amount of points in 5 games as it took us 21 games to reach in 19/20. Shows both we are doing well and how terribly we did that season.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Beni said:

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Screenshot_20210711-115451~2.png

I'm a Hearts fan first and foremost, no agenda here. 

I'm not a Robbie fan. 

I'm a results based man, not an emotional mess. 

Thanks for proving that I'm a result based person and it's nothing personal, unlike many on here. 

I actually think our football is fine.  We certainly still need someone who can play the final pass and we would score a lot more goals with better decisions in the final 3rd, but we're certainly not long ball, hit on the break, boring etc.  

39 minutes ago, Beni said:

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Screenshot_20210711-115451~2.png

To be fair SRB has stated loads of time that he thought he should be sacked after that. I thought the same, but it never happened.  Point is a managers should be judged on results.  We have some not prepared to do that on here. But you can bet they will

l be quick to judge after our first loss.

Ok lads. Hope you’re having as good an evening as I am. 

Hibs are getting done and they know it. 

Peace out👍

Maybe it should be........peace off!

Silvery_Moon

What's this Bob pish all about? 🤣 

He's doing well - I've never doubted him as a decent league manager.

Can he now take it to the next stage and deliver silverware? Jury still out on that but here's hoping. 

Couldn’t imagine this start before a ball was kicked with the uproar coming from fans worried about our squad and only singing Ross Stewart 😂

Robbie is doing well can’t wait for Hibs in two weeks imagine we beat them we then have County away Livi and Motherwell at home . Could be in for a decent season . 

The Ultimate Worrier
2 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

What's this Bob pish all about? 🤣 

He's doing well - I've never doubted him as a decent league manager.

Can he now take it to the next stage and deliver silverware? Jury still out on that but here's hoping. 

Never heard anyone call him that either!

Delivering silverware is the acid test but sadly I can't see it with "Big Bob". It was supposedly all about the cups this season until we botched getting seeded and yet another tilt at the league cup went up in smoke. 

Delighted with the start in the league though, would have snapped your hand off for that before a ball was kicked.