Big Bob

Bazzas right boot

best in the land

Not a fan of Neilson. Good start to the season and better than expected but that's all it is. 

Long way to go so too early to get carried away but hopefully it continues. 

Also remember Levein having a greater start and that didn't end too well. 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Niemi’s gloves

• Greedy Jambo

Maybe he is the answer after all.

Got us promoted at a canter , weeding out the garbage and now he's getting proper backing from true pros like Savage he's delivering. 

A lot of people with egg on their faces on here, but they'll never admit it obv .

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Got us promoted at a canter , weeding out the garbage and now he's getting proper backing from true pros like Savage he's delivering. 

A lot of people with egg on their faces on here, but they'll never admit it obv .

Last season wasn’t a canter sorry, I’m no his biggest fan and still think he tinkers too much and over thinks the game and tactics, I will however say other than the Celtic first half (cup game) and Aberdeen last week after going 1-0 up and changing tactics, he’s done well but that’s more to do with the players savage has managed to secure, long may it continue !

InternationalJambo

People quite rightly had their doubts over the manager & squad coming into this season and he has proven a lot of doubters wrong. That said, the impact Joe savage has had on the club cannot be overlooked. He is currently only at the start of shifting the whole mentality that set into the club over the last 5 years. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Last season wasn’t a canter sorry, I’m no his biggest fan and still think he tinkers too much and over thinks the game and tactics, I will however say other than the Celtic first half (cup game) and Aberdeen last week after going 1-0 up and changing tactics, he’s done well but that’s more to do with the players savage has managed to secure, long may it continue !

It wasn't? It certainly wasn't a gallop.

6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Congratulations for spectacularly missing several points. 

Quite an achievement. 

Oh I understood your points, they were just all really tedious. You started ranting because someone posted congratulating Neilson for a good start to the season. It's weird behaviour on a night we won again.

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Back with a bang. 

Long may it continue. 

b25lY21zOjc1MDdmMmU1LWRkZjEtNGY2NS1iNGI2LTdhOTA3MThhNGYxZDo3ZDNiMmFlMS02MTk1LTRhNWItODMwOS1kODFjNDg5ZTE1YTI=.jpg

Hahahaha............desperate you are!

12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Ah the old busy bodies back at it yet again , get a life ffs 

Niemi’s gloves
11 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Congratulations for spectacularly missing several points. 

Quite an achievement. 

Congratulations on a  non-reply that is nothing but a bitch and moan at another poster

4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Nope. Still missed it. 

The great thing about jkb is I can put posters like you who feel the need to post dozens of times on a thread with the same tedious garbage and your little personal spats on ignore. It makes the Board so much more readable. I'll be safe in the knowledge that the next time we lost there will be thread after thread where I'll be reading "you've chosen to ignore BarneyBattles".

When multiple posters have apparently failed to understand your point, maybe reflect that the fault might not be with them. Cheerio.

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I appreciate this will be a tough ask but I suggest you re-read the thread to try and understand my point (or get someone to explain it to you).

Who asked you anyway😂

If you have a genuine point, you should make it again in a couple of sentences. If you can’t do that, stop being pathetic with replies like “Nope. Still missed it”

John Gentleman
3 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Good start to the season but that's all it is, a start. We must keep it going. 

Let's see how Bob tackles Hibs. 

Indeed, but I just refer to him as "TT" (The Tackle).

Still got slight concerns over Bob's tactics and set up, but I really can't argue with his results and our start to the season, if we continue this form I am fully behind him, slowly turning me around, keep it up, if he gets us 3rd/4th this season I will be chuffed to bits and he definitely keeps his job imo.

Results count most…from dusk till dawn. 

no-one can surely be unhappy at present but we will lose games. 

Personally I’m cheesing so far. Makes my weekend when Hearts win. 👍

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I made it in my first post on this thread but to make it easier for you to understand, I’ll repeat it in a couple of sentences😂

I didn’t see the need for a thread having a go at fellow Hearts fans for having a different opinion to be started after a good win that we’re all enjoying. 

It’s not tricky FFS. 

Ok that wasn’t hard was it. But go back and have a look at the OP. There is nothing in it which amounts to a go at fellow Hearts fans. You have chosen to interpret it as such to start an argument that you have persisted with for the last six hours. 

Niemi’s gloves
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

No it wasn’t hard. All you had to do was read my post (and the many replies agreeing with me) and if you can’t interpret the thought process behind the two pro-Bob posters kicking the thread off in the same vein they’ve been on for the last year or so (which is a lot longer than 6 hours) I can’t be of any further help I’m afraid.

Feel free to put me on your ignore list or whatever you serious internet folk do👍

Some agree with you, some disagree with you. That’s the nature of discussion boards. There are plenty of threads that might be better not started but so what? You seem to think that because some posters are what you call “pro-Bob” you have a right to try to silence them. Actually, the OP’s stance is more nuanced than simply “pro-Bob” and I’m quite happy to agree that many “anti-Bob” protestors aren’t outright haters, even though some still seem to be. 

10 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

No it wasn’t hard. All you had to do was read my post (and the many replies agreeing with me) and if you can’t interpret the thought process behind the two pro-Bob posters kicking the thread off in the same vein they’ve been on for the last year or so (which is a lot longer than 6 hours) I can’t be of any further help I’m afraid.

Feel free to put me on your ignore list or whatever you serious internet folk do👍

Don't blame you for jumping to the conclusion that the thread was a snide one, BB. 

The op has form.

If that's how he, and others, get their jollies then let them get it on with it. They were all kinds of wrong about Levein and if they see a good start to the season as some kind of payback, who cares?

I'm feeling no pain or anguish, Hearts wise, at the moment. Let's hope it continues.

The White Cockade
4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Doing superb. Recruitment is spot on as well.  I’m happy as Larry. 

D6710125-286D-46F4-856D-45BE79263D18.jpeg

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Can see your point in a way. Dumping on him is maybe harsh but given his cup record and the majority of the performances under Bob we can understand the jury still being out.

I'm glad he's got us geared up to win the derby though, that's reassuring. Not sure what you're basing that on though so looking forward to hearing your logic.

Well, his cup record isn't that bad, we were a baw hair away from the Scottish cup last year. 

TBF, after the Brora game I was the same as you. I thought RN should go. He had become a defensive Levein-esque manager. And the football was eye-bleeding. But, TBF, he changed tack and we started playing decent football towards the end of the season. 

I also make the point that every single Hearts fan, at the start of the Championship season last year, agreed: we don't care how we do it, we have to get our of here at the first time of calling (Hibs took 3 seasons tp get out). RN achieved the with a 12 point margin.

Now. I don't care what people say about "you have the resources, you should be able to do it". Plenty of managers have failed that test. Robbie didn't. We had a 12 point win margin. Some of the play wasn't pretty, but he did it. For that, he deserves some recognition.

Today. We played some of the best football I've seen since the Romanov era. First half we totally dominated DU with quick sharp passing that was a joy to watch (compared to what we have been used to the past 6 years). I am genuinely excited to be a Hearts fan again. I think we'll pump Hibs 3 nil. Because I feel we are that good. Whether or not that happens, I'm enjoying being a Jambo again.

So, to be reading that some fans are still having a go at Robbie, without even stopping to acknowledge the turnaround is, frankly, depressing. Nobody needs that. We need everyone to put the past behind them and just start to enjoy that we are hugely improved and look set for a very very good season...with Robbie in charge!

3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That's fair enough, and i hope we continue to improve and Bob improves along with it. 

He has improved and I don’t think that is in question. The football being played is a lot lot better and certainly than last season. The 3-4-3 is giving us a far more width. The one thing that was staring everyone in the face, and in recent times, was our lack of width and lack of wide players in the squad. It looks like we have changed that now. 

We dominated Utd in the first half of the game. It didn’t look to me like the players were told to go out and do anything different. We also look a lot more solid at the back. You have to give Neilson credit for this, as at the moment it is a huge turnaround and a turnaround I didn’t expect in all honesty. 2nd half Utd came back into it but we didn’t look troubled - CG could make these types of saves in his sleep in all fairness. You aren’t going to dominate teams for 90 minutes so all in all, a great days work. 

We aren’t Barca, and wont play titi taka type formations for 90 minutes. That said, we now look like that we can win games and also winning away from home which we struggled with hugely in recent times. We just need to work on our final ball and we will be fine. I counted 3 occasions when Ginelly came on that if his final ball was better we could have had another 3 goals. 

I ain’t a happy clapper but by feck just enjoy where we are at the moment - sitting at the very top of the league, undefeated.  Good players being signed. It augers well and I hope a corner has been turned. We are now winning games away to so called “lesser” sides and this will be hugely important as we know our home games take care of themselves. 

Rather than the “I told you that I was right all along type approach” and the resultant hard on and ego stimulation, that comes with it for some, it’s great being proved wrong, especially when we are winning games. 

Some folk still think Neilson is just a protege of Levein and I think this hugely influences a lot of negative opinions put forward, and especially around Neilson himself. I myself, was guilty for thinking this for a long long time, but it looks like RN is being his own man and it’s great being able to see that now whereas, before, it most definitely clouded my own judgement and where Robbie was concerned. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Hahahaha............desperate you are!

gUTtED... you rrrrrrrrr.

4 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’m feeling nothing but love for the Jam Tarts right now mate and long may it continue. 

To be fair I always have since I started going in the mid 70s. 

I’m pretty positive - if we were losing away to Barcelona and down to 10 men with 5 mins to go I’d still fancy our chances😂

What I hate is Hearts underachieving. That hasn’t happened too much in my lifetime (born 1970 so 1983 onwards was when I really started to understand football as a supporter). 

Like many people my age it’s generally been good with a few bumps along the way:

Doddie era - pride restored. Great team. Should have won something. 

Jordan - football a bit dull but 2nd in his only full season. 

Thrush - wank. 

JJ - legend. 

Levein 1st time - generally good. 

Burley - oh my. What could have been. 

Various / Ivanauskas - generally good. 

JJ again / Sergio era - great / 2012!

Robbie / Cathro / Levein - great championship for Robbie. Strange premiership campaign. Started swashbuckling for a few games then started worrying too much about the opposition. Birkirkara disaster. Worst result ever in Europe. 

Robbie a total failure down south and Dundee Utd fans couldn’t care less he left to join us. Leads Hearts to worst ever defeats in league and Scottish cups while playing defensive shite against total dross in the championship.

I’ll repeat again, I like Robbie and really want him to succeed but I just don’t think he’s good enough to manage Hearts. He’s been in charge for (in my opinion) the worst defeats we’ve ever had in Europe and the domestic cups and his preferred style of play is awful to watch. 

I’m reassured that he’s no longer identifying players like Sammon and also the rumours that savage had a chat and told him to change our style of play around March (something happened - it was night and day). 

To repeat. I like him. I just don’t think his ability level matches the potential of Heart of Midlothian. 

👏

9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We're still pretty terrible to watch, we're never going to be a good attacking team under Bob. 

If it wasn't for Craig Gordon, he'd have far more critics. 

And if your Da wore Johnnys he'd have one less.

Anti-Neilson threads are fine.

Threads that give him credit are only for winding up other Hearts fans.

:fonzie:

They can say what they like. There’s certain “fans” on here that are spewing that we’ve had such a good start to the season.

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We create a lot of chances under Neilson and are solid defensively. The players hes signing are mostly high temp, dynamic and direct types, certainly in mid and up front. We’re playing an attacking formation is most games. And it’s working so far.

Not sure what more to ask for, other than being more clinical in front of goal and improving our crossing.

What’s missing for you bearing in mind the tough start fixtures

wise and the fact its still very early days?

3 good points here - 

solid defensively… we’re very hard to break down

crossing… definitely need to improve, hopefully one of our signings is good with a ‘dead ball’

tough start… it has been and we’ve passed with flying colours. And for any hobos looking in, you’ve played 3 of the bottom 4 teams and you’ll be put in your place soon. 

RN has done well, certainly better than I anticipated and he should be applauded. I also get a bit annoyed when it appears we ‘sit off’ for periods but we have to remember, we had 3 new signings on the pitch today, Haring and Souttar still getting back to their best… it will take a bit of time until they all ‘gel’ - we’re going in the right direction!

Cracking start to the season.  Really pleased with the quality over quantity principle to our transfer dealings too.  Cochrane, Moore, Beni and Woodburn all look like a big step up from Popescu, Kastaneer, Roberts and Frear.  I’m really excited about Devlin.  Reckon he could be the best of the bunch in terms of potential.  

People can bemoan the draw against Aberdeen, but the balancing act is the fact that we had no right beating that Celtic team on the first day.  If you’d have offered me 10 points out of 12 against 2-3 teams who were projected by many to finish ahead of us, I’d take your hand off.  Can’t be dismissed either, the fact that we’ve just brushed away a side who beat Rangers a few weeks ago.  

The derby is going to be extra-massive now.  A chance for Neilson to step it up even further.  Allows us to break away from the pack slightly, as Hibs and Aberdeen still have to play the OF and each other, and points will be dropped one way or another at Ibrox today.  

Glamorgan Jambo

Great start to the season and good to get two away wins on the board so quickly. The transfers seem to have all paid off so far which is really encouraging and a welcome change.

I thought we played well yesterday in general and especially in the first half. The best football of the season though was IMO the first 25 minutes at St Bribery.

my one critique is that we’re still giving the ball away too easily. Better teams will/would punish us for that.

lost in space

I see that the Mods have closed the "Neilson Failings 2020/1" Thread despite it having 40,000 views.

No matter - we can list all of his failings on this thread.

We can, of course list his successes as well.

Niemi’s gloves
15 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I see that the Mods have closed the "Neilson Failings 2020/1" Thread despite it having 40,000 views.

Niemi’s gloves
17 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Wrong title (season)

Aberdeen game aside results have been good.

Performance wise there is a lot to work on. 

He has been given the tools so no excuses.

Overall, good start with room for improvement.

He’s doing better than I expected.

I’ll back a manager who wants to have a go. Bob is sort of doing that. Maybe the addition of new faces will allow play like the first half against United more often.

I’ll probably change my tune again after we sit back for 90 mins at Ibrox in October :whistling:

25 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Was a shit thread though. This one’s shit as well though. Just back and forward squabbling and point scoring.

No Idle Talk

I gave him a wee bit of stick after the first half performance at Parkhead and the second half against Aberdeen.

So it is only fair I say 'well done, Robbie!' after yesterday's performance. That was our best showing of the season so far.

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sorry you had to experience another win. I'm sure a loss is incoming, just hopefully not the next game.

Oaft... Heads gone

FERRY HEARTS

Was definitely of the mind set Robbie deserves his crack at premiership after getting us back up ! Delighted he’s had chance to bring new faces in and hopefully that pushes us on . On the down side the defence and midfield need to stop camping in ! That second half was a sore watch at times yesterday! As was last week 

LETS just go for it HHGH 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

Can we not call him Big Bob. Ta

BB it is. 

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was a shit thread though. This one’s shit as well though. Just back and forward squabbling and point scoring.

I did start a Neilson failures and success thread it it got merged. With the bampot mega thread

I did try. 

😉

I wonder if every other team has a forum and a thread dedicated to their managers failures? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Best thing the mods have done, ever. 👍

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Aberdeen game aside results have been good.

Performance wise there is a lot to work on. 

He has been given the tools so no excuses.

Overall, good start with room for improvement.

No excuses. 😂

Apart from the other team trying to beat us, aye-no excuses. 

😂😂😜

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Cracking start to the season.  Really pleased with the quality over quantity principle to our transfer dealings too.  Cochrane, Moore, Beni and Woodburn all look like a big step up from Popescu, Kastaneer, Roberts and Frear.  I’m really excited about Devlin.  Reckon he could be the best of the bunch in terms of potential.  

People can bemoan the draw against Aberdeen, but the balancing act is the fact that we had no right beating that Celtic team on the first day.  If you’d have offered me 10 points out of 12 against 2-3 teams who were projected by many to finish ahead of us, I’d take your hand off.  Can’t be dismissed either, the fact that we’ve just brushed away a side who beat Rangers a few weeks ago.  

The derby is going to be extra-massive now.  A chance for Neilson to step it up even further.  Allows us to break away from the pack slightly, as Hibs and Aberdeen still have to play the OF and each other, and points will be dropped one way or another at Ibrox today.  

Good Post and exactly my thinking. 

55 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I'm banned from the "Neilson's failings" thread so this new one suits me fine. 

I've mostly just praise for Neilson so far but nice to know this thread is here if/when that changes. 😉

Please, please, please, not in the aftermath of the derby, though.

Cheers, Tosh. 👍

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No excuses. 😂

Apart from the other team trying to beat us, aye-no excuses. 

😂😂😜

It's what we do that matters.

No excuses.

lost in space
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Best thing the mods have done, ever. 👍

The mods only did it to stop you hating yourself!!!🙂

To be fair, maybe the heading of "my" thread was not too balanced. This thread can give failings and success.

Just be the same posters saying the same thing though!!!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Gambo said:

It's what we do that matters.

No excuses.

But what if they other team thinks like that? 

:fonzie:

The Ultimate Worrier
9 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Well, his cup record isn't that bad, we were a baw hair away from the Scottish cup last year. 

TBF, after the Brora game I was the same as you. I thought RN should go. He had become a defensive Levein-esque manager. And the football was eye-bleeding. But, TBF, he changed tack and we started playing decent football towards the end of the season. 

I also make the point that every single Hearts fan, at the start of the Championship season last year, agreed: we don't care how we do it, we have to get our of here at the first time of calling (Hibs took 3 seasons tp get out). RN achieved the with a 12 point margin.

Now. I don't care what people say about "you have the resources, you should be able to do it". Plenty of managers have failed that test. Robbie didn't. We had a 12 point win margin. Some of the play wasn't pretty, but he did it. For that, he deserves some recognition.

Today. We played some of the best football I've seen since the Romanov era. First half we totally dominated DU with quick sharp passing that was a joy to watch (compared to what we have been used to the past 6 years). I am genuinely excited to be a Hearts fan again. I think we'll pump Hibs 3 nil. Because I feel we are that good. Whether or not that happens, I'm enjoying being a Jambo again.

So, to be reading that some fans are still having a go at Robbie, without even stopping to acknowledge the turnaround is, frankly, depressing. Nobody needs that. We need everyone to put the past behind them and just start to enjoy that we are hugely improved and look set for a very very good season...with Robbie in charge!

Not sure if I agree about the cup record. We did come close in the final and beating Hibs was fantastic but it was thanks to Daniel Stendel that we were at Hampden in the first place. That's something Robbie has never managed to do.

That's before you take into consideration the cup exits to lower league teams. Most Hearts managers have zero losses to lower league teams on their CV, Bob has three.

Even this season, the league cup was a let down. He knew exactly what was needed against ICT but we could only manage a 1-0. Hence not being seeded and the resultant usual defeat at Celtic Park.

The league start has been great but let's hope it continues. We've all soon good starts which have soon petered out, you only have to go back three years for the most recent example. Look how that ended up.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, lost in space said:

The mods only did it to stop you hating yourself!!!🙂

To be fair, maybe the heading of "my" thread was not too balanced. This thread can give failings and success.

Just be the same posters saying the same thing though!!!

Correct. 

You can still get your jollies after a defeat and go to town on BB.