SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

7 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

That they believe the GERS figures are accurate and don't do anything to dispute them. 

Whisky figures are included in Scottish revenue to the tune of 5-6bn annually. Do you believe that this is being underrepresented to the extent that it would make up a substantial shortfall in the GERS figures? 

It's an example, there are plenty of things that aren't included, and as I said, the one set of figures that did include everything showed a healthy surplus.

Don't forget, the official Indian figures showed an annual loss while Britain plundered it's wealth.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Just now, Smithee said:

It's an example, there are plenty of things that aren't included, and as I said, the one set of figures that did include everything showed a healthy surplus.

Don't forget, the official Indian figures showed an annual loss while Britain plundered it's wealth.

Are you really looking at colonial India as a sensible comparison… you must be joking, right ?

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What plenty of things? So far we have an unknown quantity of export tax raised on whisky that passes out of ports in England. Even if we expand that to the entirety of the Scottish food and drinks industry it wouldn't cover the shortfall in GERS. 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I voted Brexit. 

Just curious Roxy but would you prefer to remain out of the EU post-indy too? I only ask because some of my independence supporting friends voted for Brexit in the hope it would trigger a second indy ref, not due to dislike of the EU. 

2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Just curious Roxy but would you prefer to remain out of the EU post-indy too? I only ask because some of my independence supporting friends voted for Brexit in the hope it would trigger a second indy ref, not due to dislike of the EU. 

I unfortunately did that BR! I was naive which is very unlike me. I should've known the British State would use all the propaganda to make people think that Scexit will be like it! I'm very pro EU but my tactics were off🤣

20 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Edit. 

My bad it's a Holyrood publication not Westminster. 

I would like to see a full account of Scotland's wealth.

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I unfortunately did that BR! I was naive which is very unlike me. I should've known the British State would use all the propaganda to make people think that Scexit will be like it! I'm very pro EU but my tactics were off🤣

🤣 ah fair enough. Best laid plans and the like! 

I find the EU a hard one now. I was a soft Remain. I think the EU has flaws. I'd like to rejoin it, but in the case that we did go independent, I don't know how soon I'd like that to happen considering our close economic ties with England and any hard border risks it would bring that would impact our border communities. 

Its a bit of a conundrum to me. Think I'm kinda more on board with the Alba party position on it at the moment if we had an independent Scotland which I believe is to seek membership of the EEA or EFTA (I forget which is which but its one of them I'm sure 🤣).

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

🤣 ah fair enough. Best laid plans and the like! 

I find the EU a hard one now. I was a soft Remain. I think the EU has flaws. I'd like to rejoin it, but in the case that we did go independent, I don't know how soon I'd like that to happen considering our close economic ties with England and any hard border risks it would bring that would impact our border communities. 

Its a bit of a conundrum to me. Think I'm kinda more on board with the Alba party position on it at the moment if we had an independent Scotland which I believe is to seek membership of the EEA or EFTA (I forget which is which but its one of them I'm sure 🤣).

Very much like me. Good post BR👍

30 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

What plenty of things? So far we have an unknown quantity of export tax raised on whisky that passes out of ports in England. Even if we expand that to the entirety of the Scottish food and drinks industry it wouldn't cover the shortfall in GERS. 

But you can acknowledge that the GERS figures don't represent a full picture of what Scotland brings to the union financially, right?

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

But you can acknowledge that the GERS figures don't represent a full picture of what Scotland brings to the union financially, right?

You can be sure that if the GERS figures were materially inaccurate then every year SNP/ScotGov would be complaining about them and yet, every year . . . no complaints

Just now, NickC002 said:

You can be sure that if the GERS figures were materially inaccurate then every year SNP/ScotGov would be complaining about them and yet, every year . . . no complaints

I didn't say they were inaccurate.

They don't represent a full picture of what Scotland brings to the union financially though.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They don't represent a full picture of what Scotland brings to the union financially though.

Unionists always reaching for mummy's blanket!

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Okay, so do tell us what material items are omitted

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

So we've got the Scottish nationalists to blame for Brexit

Splendid :biggrin2:

10 minutes ago, NickC002 said:

Okay, so do tell us what material items are omitted

No one outside the government and civil service knows, that's the point.

Westminster could easily blow all of this out of the water and clamp **** out of the independence movement  by publishing the full numbers, yet for some reason they don't.

And of course, we have 8% of a 2 trillion GBP debt attributed to us.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No one outside the government and civil service knows, that's the point.

Westminster could easily blow all of this out of the water and clamp **** out of the independence movement  by publishing the full numbers, yet for some reason they don't.

And of course, we have 8% of a 2 trillion GBP debt attributed to us.

SNP/ScotGov could easily blow all of this (ie. the credibility of GERS) out of the water . . . and yet they don't . . .

13 minutes ago, NickC002 said:

SNP/ScotGov could easily blow all of this (ie. the credibility of GERS) out of the water . . . and yet they don't . . .

I think you'll find this isn't a secret mate

3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Is that why they keep hiking income tax- because they balance the books?

Is that why we are the most heavily taxed part of the UK?

Because they don’t waste vast amounts of money then claw it back if everyone who works?

What's that got to do with your post i replied to?? Just admit you were wrong and carry on with your day. And the majority in Scotland pay less tax than in England 

3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Scotland runs a huge deficit that is covered by UK borrowing .

So no, it doesn’t even ccome close to balancing the books.

Pish. We are given some of our money back and budget to that amount, so we have to balance the books and we do. As someone said above, unionists lose an argument they just change the question. It's quite cute really

3 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Aye that's fair I should've said there's still time on the table for it to be resolved. Mea culpa. 

Good reply, you could teach our doctor some.

2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

‘British State’, ‘British Establishment’.

There you go again!
:Shoosh:

manaliveits105

Heard Greens msp on radio spraffing about of course safety comes first on the A9 but in the next breath saying they don’t think it should be dualled - pollution - blah blah blah 

les hope not many people suffer in accidents whilst the snp and greens wallpapers feck aboot over the next few years 

Awful administration not fit for purpose 

5 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's about choosing what we want to spend our money on. I couldn't care less if I pay more tax or gain more wealth if independent. I've recently  lost plenty through Westminster's scorched earth policies and will continue to do so. Scotland hasn't benefitted. 

Currently choosing to spend more money on benefits and less on local government.

Fair play.

1 hour ago, Korky said:

‘British State’, ‘British Establishment’.

There you go again!
:Shoosh:

WTF you on about! You don't have the intelligence to comprehend the machinations of the political sphere!

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So we've got the Scottish nationalists to blame for Brexit

Splendid :biggrin2:

We'll have them to blame for Scexit too, mummy's boy!

32 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Heard Greens msp on radio spraffing about of course safety comes first on the A9 but in the next breath saying they don’t think it should be dualled - pollution - blah blah blah 

les hope not many people suffer in accidents whilst the snp and greens wallpapers feck aboot over the next few years 

Awful administration not fit for purpose 

Don't be shocked if/when the Greens come up with the idea of turning the hard shoulder on the motorway into a cycle lane and on dual carriageways, one lane for cars and the other for bicycles.............of course I'm only joking, even the Greens wouldn't be that stupid. :whistling:

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Currently choosing to spend more money on benefits and less on local government.

Fair play.

Eh! What is it about unionists? Do you play dumb so that we can come down to your level? Honestly think some on here are posting from an asylum!

Edited by Roxy Hearts

50 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

WTF you on about! You don't have the intelligence to comprehend the machinations of the political sphere!

We'll have them to blame for Scexit too, mummy's boy!

49 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Eh! What is it about unionists? Do you play dumb so that we can come down to your level? Honestly think some on here are posting from an asylum!

‘the machinations of the political sphere’!!!!!!!!!!!
:interehjrling:

26 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

My mum died with Covid at the start of the pandemic :sadrobbo:

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that Nucky.

My comment about unionists being mummy's boys was Westminster being their preferred government rather than not wanting to govern ourselves. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that Nucky.

My comment about unionists being mummy's boys was Westminster being their preferred government rather than not wanting to govern ourselves. 

It's cool Roxy. I knew what you were meaning :thumbsup:

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

It's cool Roxy. I knew what you were meaning :thumbsup:

👍cheers Nucky. Have a good remainder of the evening. Great win for Scotland. I'm having a few Alhambras and Peroni Riservas. 

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

👍cheers Nucky. Have a good remainder of the evening. Great win for Scotland. I'm having a few Alhambras and Peroni Riservas. 

Nice mate.

Enjoy

22 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

027B85DF-DEC2-445A-8C91-A0A9ECF4D8AE.gif

Lorna slater needs to keep a green agenda and the easiest way to do that is destroy industry and industrial output .

She is very good at this 

11 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Lorna slater needs to keep a green agenda and the easiest way to do that is destroy industry and industrial output .

She is very good at this 

Yep . 

manaliveits105

The rest of the UK is implementing the deposit return scheme in 2025 - there is no reason other than showboating for Scotland to try and do this in the current economic climate . 
Only Sturgeons smurfs would think otherwise 

#sturgeongtf 

5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

She is very good at this 

Circular Economy Minister!!!!!!!
:facepalm:

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Sit down you snivelling sweatys

D5529F6F-0F91-48C1-AE85-498B90B3E0CB.jpeg

Swap round England and Scotland in that text and you have the same message alot of  scottish nationalists have been sending out for years

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Swap round England and Scotland in that text and you have the same message alot of  scottish nationalists have been sending out for years

It’s a satirical piece. Even 30p Lee not as dumb as that :lol: 

20 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

027B85DF-DEC2-445A-8C91-A0A9ECF4D8AE.gif

So been reading up on this as didn’t really know much about it.  
So if I’ve got this right the price of say a can  or bottle of juice will go up by 20p and I will get my 20p back when take it to the shop? 

At the moment I’d put that plastic bottle in my recycling bin and get that picked up every week. Now im going to have to drive to wherever my nearest machine will be to put my bottle in to get my money back.  

Would it not be much easier if I just put it in my recycling bin as I do at the moment rather than using petrol to drive to a shop with car full of cans and bottles?

Does anyone know if this includes bottles of beer and plastic milk bottles?  

1 minute ago, theshed said:

So been reading up on this as didn’t really know much about it.  
So if I’ve got this right the price of say a can  or bottle of juice will go up by 20p and I will get my 20p back when take it to the shop? 

At the moment I’d put that plastic bottle in my recycling bin and get that picked up every week. Now im going to have to drive to wherever my nearest machine will be to put my bottle in to get my money back.  

Would it not be much easier if I just put it in my recycling bin as I do at the moment rather than using petrol to drive to a shop with car full of cans and bottles?

Does anyone know if this includes bottles of beer and plastic milk bottles?  

Not too sure of the ins and outs but it’s been ridiculed , however I agree with the premise . 

• 10 months later...
Dawnrazor
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

So what disasters will 2024 bring :muggy:

Either a Conservative or Labour Government.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So what disasters will 2024 bring :muggy:

Plenty since the greens and snp will still be in power at the shortbread senate