Afghanistan

HartleyLegend3

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Sorry James, Religion is not to blame. Evil people are, bud . 

Hiding behind religious dogma though. 

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Jambo-Jimbo

• The Real Maroonblood

• Sharpie

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

“ idiocy “ = honesty . You should try that some time you absolute condescending , patronising , arrogant , abrasive  person . 

4D10F858-712F-4B1B-BBFE-A37851A6BE5D.png

I think that was his honest assessment of you. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Evil is an entirely human construct, and those *******s are entirely evil.

What brings a person to wantonly commit such crimes against their brothers and sisters?

Allahu akbar, indeed.

😢

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952918bb85b47fb5a0488

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Hiding behind religious dogma though. 

Yes, some people are *****. Most are brilliant.

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

“ idiocy “ = honesty . You should try that some time you absolute condescending , patronising , arrogant , abrasive  person . 

4D10F858-712F-4B1B-BBFE-A37851A6BE5D.png

If you choose to fling around absurd claims about war mongers on the BBC without a shred of justification then you're fair game for being described as an idiot.  

You're really just a silly,  nasty,  hysterical,  shambolic example of humanity.  

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

First US military deaths for 18 months. 

US officials saying multiple US deaths, reported to possibly be 4 at least.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

First US military deaths for 18 months. 

And it will not be the last military deaths unless they get out ASAP . 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If you choose to fling around absurd claims about war mongers on the BBC without a shred of justification then you're fair game for being described as an idiot.  

You're really just a silly,  nasty,  hysterical,  shambolic example of humanity.  

Says the guy who regularly writes  on another thread disparaging , insulting and vicious comments about customers  ( I assume are vulnerable members of society ) he is meant to be helping to Support and help in his work . Vile  really . 

CFE25614-719C-48B5-A9AB-9396A1EAAC20.gif

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

To be fair, I heard some military advisor type person on Sky News being interviewed and he was saying that we should be filling planes with troops and re-take Kabul.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

To be fair, I heard some military advisor type person on Sky News being interviewed and he was saying that we should be filling planes with troops and re-take Kabul.

I've seen similar for the purpose of regaining control to facilitate the exfiltration process.  To increase the presence and to secure approaches towards the airport,  etc.

Not war mongering.  

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

More likely Taliban will agree an alternative continuing evacuation programme. 

Airport will shut for a period but some US forces will remain. What is done is the military staff including special forces are designated as civilian staff. Simple way to meet the agreement.

Taliban need the West to help establish themselves to avoid total chaos. 

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Without religion and religious extremists  would there be ISIS ???

Humans have an in built tendency to want to fight or be right over others then do anything to achieve their advantage.

In no religion there would be another justification.

20 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I've seen similar for the purpose of regaining control to facilitate the exfiltration process.  To increase the presence and to secure approaches towards the airport,  etc.

Not war mongering.  

Not war mongering per se, but quite happy to extend British/American troops numbers & stay in Afghanistan.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not war mongering per se, but quite happy to extend British/American troops numbers & stay in Afghanistan.

To regain control of getting out.  To even ensure that fewer are left behind.  There will be no staying in.

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Humans have an in built tendency to want to fight or be right over others then do anything to achieve their advantage.

In no religion there would be another justification.

There often is/has been, be it water, land, women, food resources or simply because those in the next village are from a different tribe or clan as in our case.

I do agree religion for some is an all to easy vehicle to hide behind to commit their evil crimes, there is however some people whom are committed to their religion and will do evil deeds in the full belief that their religion sanctions and rewards it, 72 virgins in heaven (or whatever the rate is this week) being a prime example.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

To regain control of getting out.  To even ensure that fewer are left behind.  There will be no staying in.

Do you think the Taliban would believe that, I somehow doubt it, besides I can't see the Taliban pulling back and just allow NATO troops to set up a larger buffer zone in Kabul.  They want all foreign troops out by the 31st August, as per the agreement & timeline they signed with Trump.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Do you think the Taliban would believe that, I somehow doubt it, besides I can't see the Taliban pulling back and just allow NATO troops to set up a larger buffer zone in Kabul.  They want all foreign troops out by the 31st August, as per the agreement & timeline they signed with Trump.

There's a difference between what someone says in a tv studio that should happen and the reality on the ground.  

There may be no chance to negotiate with the Taliban but there will probably be attempts at it.  

Just now, Victorian said:

There's a difference between what someone says in a tv studio that should happen and the reality on the ground.  

There may be no chance to negotiate with the Taliban but there will probably be attempts at it.  

No harm in trying.

H.R. McMaster was certainly advocating something a bit stronger than the current approach in his interview. I wonder if there will be a change of tact by the decision makers now.

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly ! 

23 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There often is/has been, be it water, land, women, food resources or simply because those in the next village are from a different tribe or clan as in our case.

I do agree religion for some is an all to easy vehicle to hide behind to commit their evil crimes, there is however some people whom are committed to their religion and will do evil deeds in the full belief that their religion sanctions and rewards it, 72 virgins in heaven (or whatever the rate is this week) being a prime example.

Religion does give people an easy justification for being right. Including killing people. What is emerging and has also been long justification is nationalism. 

Because if you start to argue on other factors it's harder to avoid that its better people get along and respect each other. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's been really ugly over there since before any of us were born.

Fair enough if you're in your 40s.  If  you're old enough to remember the 50's; 60's and 70's even some of the 80's -Afghanistan was a relatively forward thinking, secular country.

When Russia / America and ourselves started taking sides and arming the Islamists,  the trouble began.

Edited by felix

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Religion does give people an easy justification for being right. Including killing people. What is emerging and has also been long justification is nationalism. 

Because if you start to argue on other factors it's harder to avoid that its better people get along and respect each other. 

Absolutely, it's a pity more people don't.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This is going to be seriously damaging for Biden. It’s clearly far more nuanced and complicated than purely a Biden screw up but he‘ll not be able to defend himself when all’s said and done

16 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is going to be seriously damaging for Biden. It’s clearly far more nuanced and complicated than purely a Biden screw up but he‘ll not be able to defend himself when all’s said and done

Trump made the deal to withdraw US troops.

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I agree with Biden and Trump. It had to end, but the end was never going to be easy as has shown. 

You can't occupy a country forever, it has to look after itself  

We as in the West have to now accept,and work with the Taliban and their opposition to help them govern,  no matter their ideology and get rid of ISIS. 

57 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Trump made the deal to withdraw US troops.

Indeed.

But this attack happened on Biden's watch, that's all the American public will remember.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps the Yanks could bomb these nut jobs forward to the Stone Age.

Just weird. Lost tribes in Papua and the Amazon are more modern thinking than these animals. I can’t get my head around their beliefs no matter how hard I try.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed.

But this attack happened on Biden's watch, that's all the American public will remember.

Last man (President) standing. 

With the death of I heard a report  12 U.S. Marines I can see no way they the USA cannot because of those deaths alone fail to mount a significant force and go back into Afghanistan and impose full military action against the perpetrators of this action. It will be a total deviation from past American actions when they are attacked not to react, but particularly their  military operation in a humanitarian manner to allow refugees  be evacuated.

But so what just read this thread to see mans vitriolic anger to other man. Quite frankly if these comments  had been made in the United States and somewhat in Canada there  is a good possibility firearms would conclude the disagreement. Sad to see when in some cases the combatants are men that you respect and like, there is a sadness.

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps the Yanks could bomb these nut jobs forward to the Stone Age.

Haven't we been advocating variations on the "bomb them this, that and the other way" theme for a couple of decades?

3 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

With the death of I heard a report  12 U.S. Marines I can see no way they the USA cannot because of those deaths alone fail to mount a significant force and go back into Afghanistan and impose full military action against the perpetrators of this action. It will be a total deviation from past American actions when they are attacked not to react, but particularly their  military operation in a humanitarian manner to allow refugees  be evacuated.

But so what just read this thread to see mans vitriolic anger to other man. Quite frankly if these comments  had been made in the United States and somewhat in Canada there  is a good possibility firearms would conclude the disagreement. Sad to see when in some cases the combatants are men that you respect and like, there is a sadness.

They'll wait and then batter the living **** out of anything they find with 'over the horizon' munitions (drones and cruise missiles).  

6 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Don't think so. This is the time to get out. They can carry out drone attacks and secret mission attacks but they don't want or need boots back on the ground. 

11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm sure the Americans will find another direction to bomb them in soon enough. :( 

Or another approach to the bombing.  And nothing will get fixed.

Shanks said no

The last US planes out of Kabul carrying at least 12 dead Marines coffins wrapped in the stars and stripes. Biden will have some job spinning this one. As others have said, its happened on his watch.

20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Depends how much Biden has to play domestic politics, really - if he's advised to shore things up at home given the recent hits he's been taking from all sides then goodness knows what kind of engagement he'll end up sanctioning to win back a wee bit of support from the more 'up and at 'em' folks in the US. Which, of course, plays nicely into the narrative that both the Taliban and the ISIS bams want - imperial Yanks dropping bombs creates conditions for struggle and sacrifice, recruiting more to their cause and, in their tiny little minds, justifies their approach. And round we go again.

I'd agree with you about ISIS.  I'm not so sure about the Taliban - at least for the time being.  The Taliban are getting control of Afghanistan, and it's possible that they're not in the business of - to quote Winnie the Pooh - exporting revolution.

So while it might suit ISIS to have the Americans indiscriminately bombing Afghanistan from "over the horizon", it's less likely to suit the Taliban.