***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agree, Halkett was very good. Boyce motm for me though. Do you think Haring and Beni are the central midfield pairing going forward, assuming we stick with a similar formation.

Pretty much the now, until Devlin is in the door. 

Would like to see us Killing games off, but we got the job done so can't complain. 

Edit I like halliday in the position he played today feel he offers more, Robbie got that spot on. 

Would rather see him there than centre midfield. 

We had a lot of the ball just need to be more ruthless. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Governor Tarkin

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

Arthur Morgan

I still feel we're lacking a proper creative midfielder, someone who can get their foot on the ball and dictate play and control the tempo, we have no midfielder capable of this imo. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

willie wallace
21 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Had to do a PCR test 48 hrs before travelling, and a lateral flow at the airport on the morning of the flight and show your vaccination certificate before they'd give you a boarding pass. A couple of declaration forms for the Dutch Govt are available online, but nobody asked to see them, and a tracking form stating where you will be doing your 10 day quarantine. The police have been round the hotel to check up on a couple of us, so they take it seriously. I think there is an option to do 5 days and a test, but don't hold me to that.

I'm off to join a vessel from Den Helder next week, so the rules might well be different for you. 

Good luck getting across for your son's birthday, and I bet you can't wait to see the grandkids. 🤞

Cheers for that.I think there is a 5 day option but not sure what that entails

You have a legitimate reason for being there and still have to isolate so I think I will have to hope for a late change to the rules next week.

Haven't seen them for 18 months so another few weeks should be ok .

Thanks again and have a safe trip.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, willie wallace said:

Haven't seen them for 18 months so another few weeks should be ok .

Thanks again and have a safe trip.

I haven't seen my laddies for 6 days and I'm pining for the wee ****s. :(

Cheers, and hopefully you can get across soon. 👍

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Has to be a major question marks against anyone claiming to be a Hearts fan who is this unhappy and fighty after a Hearts win, let alone one that takes us top of the league and continues a long unbeaten run.

Most of the hardcore pre-season pantwetters and Neilson outers seem to have abandoned ship already, or are just biding their time until the first defeat, but a couple still seem determined to keep this shit going.

Who's unhappy honestly i just felt it was a harsh sending off, for feck sake 😂😂

37 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Haring has stepped into the way of the player he's running to get the ball. 

Only he's no where near the ball😏

Class of 75
12 minutes ago, One five said:

I’m going to get pished tonight I think 🥳🕺

7518E6FA-160E-4805-A130-6EC2E8530071.png

Aside from us at the top, what is also pleasing is to see Celtic propping the table up at the bottom considering all the nonsense of last year. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

6 out of 6, great to send it up the haters and those who get their only kicks pissing on chips. 

Absolutely delighted for my fellow Jambos tonight, been a long hard haul, but we deserve a night of happiness again. 

Great start and genuine hope this team has the backbone at long last 

Decent performance and victory.  Great to see us dominate the game early, had chances for 2-0 and defended well.

Expected them as the home team to come back at us at some point but I felt we largely restricted them. Got a bit sloppy prior to their goal and we need to cut that out. We stopped using the ball properly in that little period. 

Overall, no complaints.  

And white socks is much better as a strip “tweak” than the maroon shorts with maroon socks carry on ::troll::

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Sir Gio said:

6 out of 6, great to send it up the haters and those who get their only kicks pissing on chips. 

Absolutely delighted for my fellow Jambos tonight, been a long hard haul, but we deserve a night of happiness again. 

Great start and genuine hope this team has the backbone at long last 

Agreed Gio. 
also, as a strange stat side of things, we only tend to win difficult away games when we have good seasons 👀

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Only he's no where near the ball😏

I think we can all see that Haring is being clever and trying to block him running through. 

PhoenixHearts
32 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I thought it was a soft red too, but admitedly haven't seen any slowmo replays. 

Haring should probably have been sent off for a second bookable at the end too.

I thought Harings foul at the end would lead to a second yellow upon first viewing but after seeing the replay with the different angle from up behind the goals there was nothing in it.

Tennant's  6's
7 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I still feel we're lacking a proper creative midfielder, someone who can get their foot on the ball and dictate play and control the tempo, we have no midfielder capable of this imo. 

Michael Stewart said the exact same thing. 

Hopefully the new lad Devlin fits the bill,  plus I'd like to see McEneff really start to try to get forward with the ball & support the strikers. 

By all accounts he had a rasper of a strike today that was almost a goal.

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Bongos currently having the best days fishing known to man.

And the fish still biting!!!

I'm really not, just trying to be fair and honest. 

Bloody hell that was a very tense finish. 

Massive result though. In my opinion you can’t underestimate how big a win that was. Really big celebrations on the bench at full time too. 

Away day troubles have often seen us finish in a below par league position, but if we can grind out wins at various grounds like today, then we’ll be up there. 

Match report below, have a good weekend Jambos 

https://t.co/mXEBj4dlNq 

8 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Putting all this "aggro" aside I thought we were excellent the first 25 minutes or so. Not sure if it was something Goodwin did to change things but if it was I'd much prefer if we were able to do similar.

A win's a win. (that's copyrighted, btw)

Goodwin said on the radio he changed things after the first hearts goal as he thought we were all over them 

To be fair I thought he spoke very well and said it was a red card also 

Arthur Morgan
2 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Michael Stewart said the exact same thing. 

Hopefully the new lad Devlin fits the bill,  plus I'd like to see McEneff really start to try to get forward with the ball & support the strikers. 

By all accounts he had a rasper of a strike today that was almost a goal.

In that case I agree with him. 

McEneff's shot was indeed a cracker, clipped the side of the post and wide. 

VagabondJambo

The St Mirren PPV was excellent, especially having the option for away commentary.

That commentary by Laurie and Robert Borthwick was one of the best - and fairest - I have ever heard.  Such a change from the biased club (and TV!) commentaries.  Well done Laurie and Robert! 👏👏 

Auld Reekin'
35 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well that's the Hearts and St Mirren "rivalry" put to bed. Those weirdos will have to find another team to obsess over and have a pretendy, one-sided rivalry with.

Greenock Morton FC. Their true rivals in every way and at every level.  :icon14:

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I thought Harings foul at the end would lead to a second yellow upon first viewing but after seeing the replay with the different angle from up behind the goals there was nothing in it.

Didn't see the replay myself. Thanks for that. 👍

6 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Aside from us at the top, what is also pleasing is to see Celtic propping the table up at the bottom considering all the nonsense of last year. 

Double whisky’s tonight 👍

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

Two games into the season. Celtic pumped. St Mirren pumped. Top of the league.

What a time to be alive! 😁

:sweeet:

3 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

The St Mirren PPV was excellent, especially having the option for away commentary.

That commentary by Laurie and Robert Borthwick was one of the best - and fairest - I have ever heard.  Such a change from the biased club (and TV!) commentaries.  Well done Laurie and Robert! 👏👏 

Spot on. 

gashauskis9

I’ve got to take my hat off to Savage.  What a find this lad Cochrane is.  Early days, but if he keeps playing to that level, with that energy and composure, there’s no way he’ll be here next season.  

I'm giving Robbie a lot of credit for that win today.  Surely even his harshest critics will have to say the same ... 

gashauskis9

Feels like we have a proper spine to the team again

Gordon 

Souttar

Haring 

Beni

Boyce 

Wrap them all in bubble wrap and cotton wool please!

10 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

Massive result though. In my opinion you can’t underestimate how big a win that was. Really big celebrations on the bench at full time too. 

Away day troubles have often seen us finish in a below par league position, but if we can grind out wins at various grounds like today, then we’ll be up there. 

Another good article Jamie

We all wish we were Jamiemac getting into the games👍

11 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

Tank you Jamie 👍

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

My hun mate said he liked the Hearts TV commentary as they are so fair and impartial. 

Rangers and Hibs are the worst I have ever heard. 

1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

I'm giving Robbie a lot of credit for that win today.  Surely even his harshest critics will have to say the same ... 

A think a lot have tbh. 

3 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I’ve got to take my hat off to Savage.  What a find this lad Cochrane is.  Early days, but if he keeps playing to that level, with that energy and composure, there’s no way he’ll be here next season.  

Early days but I feel regardless of whatever next manager comes in, that will be the difference to previous years, since Savage came in Hearts have been a different animal. 

58 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

The thinking man's Chris Sutton?

I prefer the stinking man's Chris Sutton😁

48 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

I don't give a monkeys if it was a deserved red card or not. It's a win, 3 points for us, top of the league, not a place we've had success recently, hard fought win, not at our best for the full 90 mins BUT what the hell!!!!  We won.

There are signs that we have a decent squad and can adapt to games when it's not going our way, we can improve.

Let's celebrate!

I’m hurt…

😃

SectionDJambo

I can't quite believe we have Hearts fans bemoaning a St Mirren player getting sent off. The last time we were there, we lost to a hand ball goal that their fans thought hilarious. 

A very good result for us today, especially considering our recent record there and our squad looking a bit stretched judging by the players on the bench. Hopefully we have a couple of new additions to enhance the squad before the Aberdeen game.

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

My hun mate said he liked the Hearts TV commentary as they are so fair and impartial. 

That commentator on Rangers TV is shocking :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Celtic’s is really, really bad. No attempt at fair comments unless they’re 3-0 up. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No just not bias Haring has stepped across to get in the players way, players throw elbows all the time, as I said I feel its soft, if you are sending the St Mirren player off then Haring has to go at the end? 

There is no onus on Haring to Get out of his way, he anticipated the direction of the run and positioned himself cleverly in plenty of time so it would not be seen as a block that lead to a foul.

6 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Agree, decent performance and win. Not a Neilson fan and still need convincing that he can take us forward.

19 minutes ago, theshed said:

Goodwin said on the radio he changed things after the first hearts goal as he thought we were all over them 

To be fair I thought he spoke very well and said it was a red card also 

yet some so called hearts fans reckon it was not a red

22 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Bongos currently having the best days fishing known to man.

And the fish still biting!!!

🤣🤣

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

First time for everything. 

Well done Neilson.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I thought it was a soft red too, but admitedly haven't seen any slowmo replays. 

Haring should probably have been sent off for a second bookable at the end too.

Wasnt even a foul. Would've been an astonishing booking.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

BBC pundits and presenters not even questioning the red card. So we have new level of delusion on here.

It’s not delusion.

Its anything that will cause an argument.