***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

August Landmesser
20 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Well we made that harder than it should have been, out the blocks well and two good goals but let them back into it with sitting too deep. Reminiscent of Levein sitting on a one goal lead!

Never the less some good play and a well deserved win, something we have not done for 11 years, so another bogey off our backs.

I know it's not going to be for long but lets revel in being top for a little while.

Under a year I reckon, would be amazed if we're top beyond next May. Enjoy the next nine months while they last!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Governor Tarkin

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

GNANDO WATCH:

Despite being involved in the build up to the goal. Below "celebration" says it all, imo.

Slight pat on the shoulder. No smile. 

Be away by Wednesday.

Screenshot_20210808-084137_Twitter.jpg

See how he's looking down, that means he hates it at hearts. The gloves are hiding hibs tattoos.

6 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think this is nonsense. When GMS scored against Celtic last week there were at least 6 or 7 Hearts players in or around Celtic box. Way more than “3 attacking”

That’s true I guess. 

39 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Definitely up for it. You can see the difference in him after a good preseason. Have to say the team look like they have come together as a group. Working hard for each other and sharing the workload. Loved how in the first half, Souttar charged up field lost the ball but there was cover racing back. Good team spirit. 

Watching the team yesterday has definitely given me a bit of hope that things are starting to come together. A couple of more quality additions and I think we could have a good season 🤞

45 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Placed his boots on the floor took off his strip and went to the shower, didn't say a word

I heard he didn't even shower.

12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Very true. It was the final pathetic football effort prior to the carve up.

Nice way to start taking out 2 of those so desperate to make it happen 

👍

Just watched the red card back. Anyone who is arguing that isn’t a red is not a Hearts fan or looking for an argument on here because they enjoy arguments :rofl: he’s walking away off the pitch before the ref has even got a card out of his pocket gesturing to his manager that he elbowed him

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Just watched the red card back. Anyone who is arguing that isn’t a red is not a Hearts fan or looking for an argument on here because they enjoy arguments :rofl: he’s walking away off the pitch before the ref has even got a card out of his pocket gesturing to his manager that he elbowed him

It does prove trolling is apparently the thing.  Beyond parody and not worth reading. 

It was pretty comical he didn't wait for the red, knowing fine he'd just committed assault  :)

Nookie Bear
15 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

We don’t beat Celtic

We don’t win away

2 games down and we’ve done both of those

Great start to the league season. The odd wee concern re possession and creativity but our good patches in games have been VERY good. RN also doing well so far

Onwards and upwards.

This ^^^

augusthearts
17 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

The thinking man's Chris Sutton?

Essentially yes. He did manage some positives at the end. You'd never believe he was a boyhood Jambo mind.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, martoon said:

Probably the best opening post on a match day thread.

Ever.

Kudos.

Did You miss the 4-0 match day thread v Celtic?

Think it was Sarah O! 

It's up there tho! 

Jambof3tornado
9 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Halliday was brilliant. Just gives his absolute all - Some folk trolling the depths and using Open Goal and Rankers to have a go at him. Laughable 

Gnaudillet stuck the ball for us and up the park. We were under the cosh a bit when he came on and it wasn’t any surprise that the pressure eased such was his ability to hold up the ball and get us up the park. Definitely gives us something a bit different and in games where are under the pump a bit and need the ball to stick can help us 

We do need to get support to gnando a bit quicker when the game is stretched and we are launching balls at his as a get out!!

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Did You miss the 4-0 match day thread v Celtic?

Think it was Sarah O! 

It's up there tho! 

Nothing will beat that match day thread :jjyay:

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We do need to get support to gnando a bit quicker when the game is stretched and we are launching balls at his as a get out!!

We do. Still early days though - once the players get used to his style a bit more he will give us something a wee bit different.  Thought he played really well when he came off the bench 

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Not sure if you've read the Gnando thread, mate...?

Should give you a hint as to the tone I'm using.👍🏻

Still wasn't wrong in calling you a slavering eejit though :whistling:

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Watching the team yesterday has definitely given me a bit of hope that things are starting to come together. A couple of more quality additions and I think we could have a good season 🤞

We're looking more assured on the ball than we did last season, hopefully we continue to improve with more quality additions. 

grumpyespana

I think we should change our formation to a 3 - 5 - 2 when we play away with a 3 - 4 - 3 while at home.

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, Barack said:

GNANDO WATCH:

Despite being involved in the build up to the goal. Below "celebration" says it all, imo.

Slight pat on the shoulder. No smile. 

Be away by Wednesday.

I thought it was quite telling that he just sat on his backside in the penalty area rather than take any further part in the build up. Some sort of protest? Definitely wants away.

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, King prawn said:

But, but, Haring moved towards him... HE MOVED TOWARDS HIM!!!! Do you not understand the implications of that???!!??!?!?!?!???!?   HE. MOVED. TOWARDS. HIM.

Dunno about you mate, but anyone ever moves towards me - on the football pitch or not - an elbow to the head is the least they can expect.  :vangry:

17 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

But, but, Haring moved towards him... HE MOVED TOWARDS HIM!!!! Do you not understand the implications of that???!!??!?!?!?!???!?   HE. MOVED. TOWARDS. HIM.

Dunno about you mate, but anyone ever moves towards me - on the football pitch or not - an elbow to the head is the least they can expect.  :vangry:

Exactly. Puts people straight from the get go. Keeps folk out your way in Marks & Spencer’s Food Hall as well. 

Rick Sanchez

Loving the dressing room just now. You can tell a lot of them are mates. Smith and Haring in a shoving match against Stirling to Haring getting elbowed and Smith giving the culprit a barge and telling him how it is.

Night and day from previous regimes. Long may it continue.

4 hours ago, Barack said:

Not sure if you've read the Gnando thread, mate...?

Should give you a hint as to the tone I'm using.👍🏻

Apologies my friend🎃🍺

Just so many arsewipes on JKB nowadays!!!!

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Loving the dressing room just now. You can tell a lot of them are mates. Smith and Haring in a shoving match against Stirling to Haring getting elbowed and Smith giving the culprit a barge and telling him how it is.

Halliday calling folk in after we score a goal is the kind of stuff we must see!!!

It’s wonderful to see them interact.

Giving each other a bollocking when mistakes are inevitably made yet hugging and laughing when the goals go in.

There appears to be a real team unity which I haven’t seen in a fair while.

Robbie has obviously been working on that important aspect of team management.

37 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Shame gnando is away in a huff

So....as last week, just on here since yesterday's game.

Decent three points in the bag, however, we stopped playing after we scored. Decent for about 17/18 minutes. St Mirren dominated possession for the rest of the first half and carried it on in the second. Thankfully they couldn't finish. Thought McGrath was the standout for them again. This game once again though highlighted the lack of defenders at the club. They had fullback Kingsley in there last week and this week, another fullback Cochrane. He certainly isn't a central defender.  To me, this is an urgent thing to get sorted. We've got lucky so far, Celtic all out of sorts and St Mirren who couldn't finish. Lacking another striker still as well. Gnanduillet i still can't work out. Filling these positions could be the difference of where we finish this season. It's been two good results but certain things need sorted very quickly as it will definitely impact our season as it goes on into winter months.

Tommy Brown

Just watched Sportscene now.

Goodwin although not denying it was a deserved red card, saying he turned to get a drink of water and never seen it live.

Yet on camera, you can see him clearly, standing looking right at it :lol:.

part_time_jambo

We're already a quarter of the way to our 2019-20 points total.

Sorry for bringing it back up, but it shows how bad things were.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

So....as last week, just on here since yesterday's game.

Decent three points in the bag, however, we stopped playing after we scored. Decent for about 17/18 minutes. St Mirren dominated possession for the rest of the first half and carried it on in the second. Thankfully they couldn't finish. Thought McGrath was the standout for them again. This game once again though highlighted the lack of defenders at the club. They had fullback Kingsley in there last week and this week, another fullback Cochrane. He certainly isn't a central defender.  To me, this is an urgent thing to get sorted. We've got lucky so far, Celtic all out of sorts and St Mirren who couldn't finish. Lacking another striker still as well. Gnanduillet i still can't work out. Filling these positions could be the difference of where we finish this season. It's been two good results but certain things need sorted very quickly as it will definitely impact our season as it goes on into winter months.

It's pretty common, in fact desirable, to have a more FB-like CB in a back 3. Tierney for Scotland for example. Kingsley and Cochrane have both looked solid in there. We've restricted two half decent teams to very few clear chances so far and weren't troubled in the LC. The defence is looking much better since Souttar came back nd the change to a back 3.

As for Gnando, he's won us the game basically after coming in in both games. He's had a big impact off the bench.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Amazing people were trying to make out Haring did something wrong. Haring had actually stopped and turned away to face the ball and the St Mirren tube actually changed course to elbow him.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

As for Gnando, he's won us the game basically after coming in in both games. He's had a big impact off the bench.

Agreed. No idea whether he's disgruntled or unhappy or whatever, but he's an important player for us who gives a different option to all our other forwards. If he is pissed off about not being in the starting line-up and channels that as motivation to try ensure that he's the first name on Bob's teamsheet (or second after Gordon), that's fine by me. Either way, I hope he stays and proves any doubters wrong. :icon14:

Rick Sanchez

I feel for Gnando's a bit. He's not really had a chance to get himself over with the fans. Hopefully he can get himself a goal at a full Tynecastle very soon 🤞

indianajones
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Foregt about the first 28 minutes, it's the Rangers show.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000ys1x/sportscene-sportscene-saturday-202122-07082021

Not got a log in for the Beeb. 

I noticed its on the SPFL youtube channel but is coming up as not available just now for some reason.

Edited by indianajones

Just now, davemclaren said:

It did seem a bit biased when there are two matches and one gets 66% of the show. 🤷‍♂️

Mind you it's a wonder they didn't cut it short given that the Huns lost.

Rogue Daddy
3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Good spot! 👍

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

That red card.

WTF was that about?!?! :lol::rofl:

All harings fault. Should have moved out the way 😳😂😂😂

indianajones
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

All harings fault. Should have moved out the way 😳😂😂😂

Was he getting back at Peter for something earlier on in the game or something?

Bizarre stuff. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Bizarre stuff. 

I was more picking up on the bizarre idea that it was a soft red 😂 it’s one of the weirdest red cards I’ve seen but a definite red

indianajones
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I was more picking up on the bizarre idea that it was a soft red 😂 it’s one of the weirdest red cards I’ve seen but a definite red

100%.

How anyone can question that is beyond me. The guy starts to walk off the pitch as soon as the whistle was blown ffs.

11 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Bizarre stuff. 

he was only on the pitch 9 minutes

indianajones
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

he was only on the pitch 9 minutes

Fixed? Didn't a Hamilton player do something similar vs us a few years ago?