***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Both commentators saying elbows to the head aren’t yellow or red cards, clueless. It’s something that needs to be eradicated, not brushed off. 

The St Midden commentators or Laurie & Rob?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Governor Tarkin

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

jambo-in-furness

As much as I hate those turds, they are one of the better mid table teams, the result today was a little unexpected by me,  Brilliant HMFC,  big signs of progress.

part_time_jambo
37 minutes ago, augusthearts said:

Stewart in particular has been incredibly negative regarding Hearts for almost the entire game. Think he enjoys being controversial tbh.

The thinking man's Chris Sutton?

willie wallace
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sakes man, not again! :(

You injure your back posting on the tory lies thread?

Just thought you might've toddled along to the game with it being sort of local. I'm in quarantine in Amsterdam.

Hope you're on the mend soon, bud. 👍

Hi  GT, I see you are in quarantine in Amsterdam.

I would really like to be there next week to see my grandkids and it is my son's 40th.

I know they are not keen on us going there but what was the procedure that you had to go through to get there.

Any info would be appreciated.

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, Queensland Jambo said:

image.jpeg.878e0db1cf8da7630b1caeea0ee4d2d9.jpeg

Borat’s hurting.

:biggrin2: :icon14:

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Amazing how youve gone from positive to shite like that 🥴 it was a red unless you live in the 70s proper WUM you arent ya

No just not bias Haring has stepped across to get in the players way, players throw elbows all the time, as I said I feel its soft, if you are sending the St Mirren player off then Haring has to go at the end? 

lost in space
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

It's only when you see the replay that it's clear what happened, the ball was long gone and everyone was looking at the direction of travel so players possibly thought it was a collision. Although  my lad is adamant Haring was looking at the Saints player and deliberately stepped  across in front of him.  

Regardless, a good win and two cracking goals , even if the performance was depressingly familar at times. 

I thought Haring did step in front of the Midden player - but that did not warrant the elbow to the face. Defo RED.

2 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

You are going soft if you don't think that's a red card. The ball is 5/10 yards away from the incident which is a flying elbow at head height. The Midden player knew what he was doing.

Not every foul is a 2nd yellow in Harring's example.

Try supporting HMFC for a change 

I've already said well done, just don't think it was worthy of a red card. 

2 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

You are going soft if you don't think that's a red card. The ball is 5/10 yards away from the incident which is a flying elbow at head height. The Midden player knew what he was doing.

Not every foul is a 2nd yellow in Harring's example.

Try supporting HMFC for a change 

👍🏻

Auld Reekin'
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

No just not bias Haring has stepped across to get in the players way, players throw elbows all the time, as I said I feel its soft, if you are sending the St Mirren player off then Haring has to go at the end

:jj_facepalm:

So an off the ball deliberate raise the arm and elbow a player as you go past them. Movement toward the player with the elbow is not a red. GIRFUYYBSTMLCWF

2 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

How can anyone claim fling a elbow at someone’s head isn’t a red? The ball wasn’t even near him ffs. 

This, a red all day ! there’s not a ref that would not have given that nowadays.

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

I thought Haring did step in front of the Midden player - but that did not warrant the elbow to the face. Defo RED.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't - just putting some context in. 

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

In someways I feel this a bigger test of where the team is than against Celtic. 

I think we get victory by the odd goal in a effective if uninspiring performance. 

Nailed it.

Auld Reekin'

Okay Jeff. 

:huh2:

Hearts of Vladland
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's only when you see the replay that it's clear what happened, the ball was long gone and everyone was looking at the direction of travel so players possibly thought it was a collision. Although  my lad is adamant Haring was looking at the Saints player and deliberately stepped  across in front of him.  

Regardless, a good win and two cracking goals , even if the performance was depressingly familar at times. 

That happens at just about every kick off, doesn’t mean you should get elbowed in the face.

16 minutes ago, sadj said:

Utter hoofball from St Mirren today

Thought they played football in the first half through McGrath, but got more desperate in the second. No mugs, will take points off good sides at home. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No just not bias Haring has stepped across to get in the players way, players throw elbows all the time, as I said I feel its soft, if you are sending the St Mirren player off then Haring has to go at the end? 

They throw elbows all the time off the ball? Not like they can claim they were just jumping with arms out. Bizarre take this.

1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:jj_facepalm:

Sorry for not being bias, if that was a rangers or celtic player doing that you would be calling red all day long, clear and utter bias. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

So an off the ball deliberate raise the arm and elbow a player as you go past them. Movement toward the player with the elbow is not a red. GIRFUYYBSTMLCWF

Haring has stepped into the way of the player he's running to get the ball. 

1 minute ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

That happens at just about every kick off, doesn’t mean you should get elbowed in the face.

Try reading my previous post. 

No way was it worthy of a red card.

Away back to your collection of Charlie Adam videos, that will keep you happy, as you are certainly upset by HMFC winning their 2nd league game of the season as you do not count League Cups games**

**Correction, you do when we get knocked out!

Geoff Kilpatrick

The guy sent off was worse than a man short for them in any case. It made little to no difference.

Yes im aware of what happened I watched it. Did you? Wether he went to block him off or not the boy and ill dumb this down for you.

Raised his arm 

Directed it to Haring

Kashed it out at Haring

Got a red card

His manager then had zero complaints to the ref or 4th official and blatantly ignored the player whod been sent off

MarkDevriesScores4

I think we should all be able to agree that an off the ball intentional elbow to the head is a red. Can we put that to bed please

Tennant's  6's

Great start to the season, albeit lack of goals v caley th was annoying,unless we get a result at Parkhead. 

Sounded like a decent opening spell, followed by a more dogged end to the game. 

Confidence & possibly new signings can only help going forward for Europe & a Cup Final..

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So ****ing what? Geezo could start an argument in an empty room you.

3 points, top of the league, a monkey off our back. Who cares about the red. Move on and be happy we won.

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I think we should all be able to agree that an off the ball intentional elbow to the head is a red. Can we put that to bed please

Exactly. This place is absolutely nutty at times. It’s not even worth discussing. Some folk just want to be contrary. 

Did not think we played that well today and lost a poor goal, however, we won away from home so that is a good start, onwards and all that HHGH!!.

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I wasn't having a go at the commentators because they only saw the replays too.

I just think their reaction was wtf was the player thinking, and I think Haring maybe did take half a step towards the player, but it's still a deserved red imo.

But a wins a win for aw that.

1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

So ****ing what? Geezo could start an argument in an empty room you.

3 points, top of the league, a monkey off our back. Who cares about the red. Move on and be happy we won.

I'm allowed my opinion, or am I Hitler? 

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

@Bongo 1874 will disagree all night. Other way around hed be calling it and saying Robbie oot so 👍🏻
Im away to lift arsed with this shite 🤣🤣🤣

Great win , not a great performance but again defence looked solid. Link up play left a lot to be desired but bit of luck and/or composure and it could easy have been more comfortable. 6points out of 6 6straight wins to open the season two of our toughest matches out the road. Promising start.

Just now, Beni said:

I wasn't having a go at the commentators because they only saw the replays too.

I just think their reaction was wtf was the player thinking, and I think Haring maybe did take half a step towards the player, but it's still a deserved red imo.

But a wins a win for aw that.

👍

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Hi  GT, I see you are in quarantine in Amsterdam.

I would really like to be there next week to see my grandkids and it is my son's 40th.

I know they are not keen on us going there but what was the procedure that you had to go through to get there.

Any info would be appreciated.

Had to do a PCR test 48 hrs before travelling, and a lateral flow at the airport on the morning of the flight and show your vaccination certificate before they'd give you a boarding pass. A couple of declaration forms for the Dutch Govt are available online, but nobody asked to see them, and a tracking form stating where you will be doing your 10 day quarantine. The police have been round the hotel to check up on a couple of us, so they take it seriously. I think there is an option to do 5 days and a test, but don't hold me to that.

I'm off to join a vessel from Den Helder next week, so the rules might well be different for you. 

Good luck getting across for your son's birthday, and I bet you can't wait to see the grandkids. 🤞

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Specsavers would help a lot.

Watch it a few times and try and work out he "stepped in front" of the player.

So, it's either myopia or lack of understanding of the English language.

Auld Reekin'

Sorry for not being bias, if that was a rangers or celtic player doing that you would be calling red all day long, clear and utter bias. 

Biased, do you mean? Well, I am a Hearts' supporter and proud of it and so would never claim to be "neutral" when it comes to such matters, but I certainly do think that it would've been an extremely soft award if the ref had sent-off Haring at the end.

Of course I'd be shouting for an ersecheek player to be sent-off in the same situation and I'd hope that every Hearts' fan would be doing the same! :icon14:

Anyway, well done to Robbie and all of the guys who played today.   :jambobanana: :HeartsManspotrun: :flag1:

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You are allowed to step in front of players.  It's called blocking, you are not allowed to elbow players in the face. Why are doing this again, always drama with you.

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I thought it was a soft red too, but admitedly haven't seen any slowmo replays. 

Haring should probably have been sent off for a second bookable at the end too.

weegie jambo

I don't give a monkeys if it was a deserved red card or not. It's a win, 3 points for us, top of the league, not a place we've had success recently, hard fought win, not at our best for the full 90 mins BUT what the hell!!!!  We won.

There are signs that we have a decent squad and can adapt to games when it's not going our way, we can improve.

Let's celebrate!

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Elbow a player in face is red card. Doesn't matter you barely touch them.

I agree mate. He’s my brother so just winding him up lol

2 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

Ive given Goodwin stick.Fair play to his interview on sportsound 

What was the gist? 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Um, you're allowed to stand anywhere on the pitch you choose. The St Mirren player had loads of space to run around him.

Brilliant we got the 3 points, 1st away win in the league against that manky mob, in years, top of the league 👍(at least for 24 hours) happy days, absolutely buzzing. 

HHGH