***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Not pretty but that is what we have not done enough of. Boyce is a massive player for us 

This. 

In Boyce and Gordon we have the type of match winner at either end of the park that every club outside of the OF covets. 

If Boaby Nheilsun can continue to make progress with the gubbins in between then we can optimistically look forward to a decent couple of seasons.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Governor Tarkin

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

CloustonHMFC

Great result for us. Improvements needed in the performance but that's our first premiership win outside of Edinburgh since 2019 and first in Paisley since 2012. 2 out of 2 in the league and 4 out of 4 in the league Cup. Great start to the season.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Hardly everything. A soft red and a soft yellow in the last few minutes given against St Mirren.

The ref was a disgrace

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Sums it up.

Aye you’re also absolutely raging too shambo 😂😂 YASSS HEARTS WON GET IT UP YE

Jambof3tornado

Very good 3 points. How the feck does power not get booked throughout that 90 mins???

Gino and Gms very ineffective. Beni not overly involved.

Pretty solid throughout barring the goal(gnandos man?).

Tidy finishes.

Nae point taking three points off the Ugly Sisters if you can't beat the others as well.

Very good start with 4 diddy cup wins and 2 league wins from 6 games.

:smugger:

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Hardly everything. A soft red and a soft yellow in the last few minutes given against St Mirren.

Jesus **** 🤣🤣🤣 a Soft Red…Better get in yer time machine mate 1970s os calling ya back

3 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

A soft red? Aye ok then. The St Mirren player ran past Haring and stuck an elbow out. That’s a red all day long. 

Looked soft to me. Open your eyes man ffs

Guest ToqueJambo

Subs worked again - Gnando and McEneff did well after coming on. Well done, Robbie.

We need to impose ourselves on teams for longer, but overall a very good controlled away win at a place we've struggled to win at. Couple of saves from their goalie kept the score down. 

Beni again, Haring, Halkett, Halliday, Boyce, Souttar again all played well. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

It is great to hear from a fellow Hearts fan. Sorry to have a different opinion from you. The Hearts TV commentators didn't seem to think the ref was buckiing honking and neither from what I saw did I. 

If your posts were generally positive and neutral and even fair I wouldn’t bother. 

Just now, Valois No1 said:

you're the one that needs to open your eyes he clearly threw his elbow towards haring as he was going past him

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

A soft red? Aye ok then. The St Mirren player ran past Haring and stuck an elbow out. That’s a red all day long. 

Both commentators saying elbows to the head aren’t yellow or red cards, clueless. It’s something that needs to be eradicated, not brushed off. 

1 minute ago, Valois No1 said:

He ran past and stuck his elbow in the air when he was approaching Haring. Unless he was protecting his head from a low flying ufo it’s a red all day. 

Edited by GinRummy

So happy for Queen Ann, King Robbie and the Heartsmeister Levein who laid the foundations ….

😉 

♥️♥️♥️♥️

PhoenixHearts

Peter Haring and Andy Halliday in the same side both playing well and coexisting!? 😱🙃

Who'd have thunk?

Rogue Daddy

Well done Hearts! Made it harder than it had to be… but that happens when a home teams plan is ‘pass to goalie and hoof up park as far as you can’. Ref was abysmal also. 
Top of the league, 2 out of 2 against the mhankiest of teams, happy days!

Well done the JTs!

2 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Elbow a player in face is red card. Doesn't matter you barely touch them.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Both commentators saying elbows to the head aren’t yellow or red cards, clueless. It’s something that needs to be eradicated, not brushed off. 

Particularly in that situation. He had no business having his elbow up there. 

Tremendous result and a really decent performance. The amount of decent away performances over the years is not a lot and this is hopefully the sign of things to come. We really need to bolster our squad as a few injuries will be the difference between us doing something special or not. Let’s worry about that another day and enjoy our win tonight though. Great stuff. Bring on Aberdeen and I cannot wait to hear a buoyant full tynecastle for that one. See you all then👍

by the way….. get Souttar up to the office and give him a 10 year deal. 

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So happy for Queen Ann, King Robbie and the Heartsmeister Levein who laid the foundations ….

😉

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Try tramadol. 

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is great to hear from a fellow Hearts fan. Sorry to have a different opinion from you. The Hearts TV commentators didn't seem to think the ref was buckiing honking and neither from what I saw did I. 

They seemed bemused by the red card, or at least the foul that caused it.

Elbowing someone in the head with the ball 5 yards away isn't a soft red, no matter what the commentators said.

Anyway great result, onwards and upwards.

Edited by Beni

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Brilliant result.  Great to stick it to that Celtic loving shitehouse club. Well done hearts 

This

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

😉

♥️♥️♥️♥️

:rofl:

Pasquale for King
Just now, GinRummy said:

Particularly in that situation. He had no business having his elbow up there. 

Absolutely crazy, the ref let the first one go on GMS and players tend to think it’s then ok to do it. Shaugnessy totally flattened Haring in the first half with an arm/shoulder when he set up GMS. 
Sneaky and dirty team, in the style of their manager. 

4 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you're the one that needs to open your eyes he clearly threw his elbow towards haring as he was going past him

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He ran past and stuck his elbow in the air when he was approaching Haring. Unless he was protecting his head from a low flying ufo it’s a red all day. 

This even Goodwin thought it was a honking bit of play he turned away covered folded arms and looked at the ground as he walked past. Was a ****ing stupid challenge

Auld Reekin'
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Brilliant result.  Great to stick it to that Celtic loving shitehouse club. Well done hearts 

Couldn't have put it better myself! :icon14: 🍻 :HeartsManspotrun:

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Tbf both soft in my opinion Haring could've been sent off at the end 👍

2 minutes ago, Beni said:

Elbowing someone in the head with the ball 5 yards away isn't a soft red, no matter what the commentators said.

i think it was more they did not see it live, only saw the liedown clogger stomping off and it took a few replays to see what happened so were a bit confused about what happened

PhoenixHearts
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Were you listening to the St Mirren broadcast? Hearts team definitely called it out for its recklessness and danger.

Jack Torrance
11 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Apparently took his boots off - AS SOON as he got back in dressing room!!!!

:seething:

Well, I, for one, am delighted with that result.

One or two bits of the performance could be worked on to improve them but 3 points at what has, historically, been a tricky venue will keep me purring.

Good win for us. The way we play is very interesting. Basically attack with 3 and defend with 11. We’re probably a Boyce injury away from being in big trouble. But we’ll absolutely take that today! 

Hearts of Vladland

How can anyone claim fling a elbow at someone’s head isn’t a red? The ball wasn’t even near him ffs. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Amazing how youve gone from positive to shite like that 🥴 it was a red unless you live in the 70s proper WUM you arent ya

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

WELL  DONE. But we should be more capable of holding the ball against 10 men than we showed at the end.

Agree.  This is an area we really need to improve on.

Great win at a bogey ground for us.

Auld Reekin'
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

:muggy:  Now that would've been soft...   :jjockio:

2 minutes ago, Beni said:

Elbowing someone in the head with the ball 5 yards away isn't soft, no matter what the commentators said.

It's only when you see the replay that it's clear what happened, the ball was long gone and everyone was looking at the direction of travel so players possibly thought it was a collision. Although  my lad is adamant Haring was looking at the Saints player and deliberately stepped  across in front of him.  

Regardless, a good win and two cracking goals , even if the performance was depressingly familar at times. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You are going soft if you don't think that's a red card. The ball is 5/10 yards away from the incident which is a flying elbow at head height. The Midden player knew what he was doing.

Not every foul is a 2nd yellow in Harring's example.

Try supporting HMFC for a change