Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• pointon

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Does Gnandud know he is allowed to jump for the ball ?

18 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Must be soul destroying though that you'd have to flick on the ball 20 yards

5 hours ago, stan said:

When Boyce leaves the pitch we always look weaker and immediately out of options. He makes things happen up front and is a real disrupter for other teams. Those are qualities that none of our other 'strikers' seem to show even if you choose to dismiss his proven ability to get goals at this level.

I don't see it but if we go by this it is not a glaring compliment considering out of a squad of 20 (something RN keeps referencing) the only other striker is Gnando and he is complete and utter horseshit. 

Imo Walker is the most natural goalscorer in the squad but there is something clearly wrong there so no point even mentioning him.

I seen a thread during the week about report cards so I would give so far in 2021/2022:

Goalkeeper 8/10

Defenders 6.5/10

Midfield 7/10

Strikers 2/10

It is the same old shit for 5 seasons now. We just can't find decent strikers.

110 players + in 7 years and still nothing up front. A few for a few games here and there but nothing that has stuck.

It is desperate times.

37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I seen a thread during the week about report cards so I would give so far in 2021/2022:

Goalkeeper 8/10

Defenders 6.5/10

Midfield 7/10

Strikers 2/10

It is the same old shit for 5 seasons now. We just can't find decent strikers.

Not far off my thinking with those scores. And I would certainly agree about our inability (Lafferty aside) to source effective strikers in years...and if anyone comes up through our academy and is a success, recent history suggests they'd be off quick at less than market rate.

Are other SPFL teams any more successful in this area medium to long term though?

I do like that lad at Dundee United, Harkes. He does seem to enjoy scoring good goals at the moment.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

If you get a chance, check the nick of him at the front post for Fergusons goal, 6ft 4 and Fergusons 5ft 11, Fergusons about a foot taller than him when he jumps for the header. Total shitebag. 

Naisys Tackle
On 30/10/2021 at 20:36, Maroon Sailor said:

In the week Sandy Clark turned 65 we need someone like him who puts himself about and not frightened to get his head on the end of things even when boots are flying and elbows are swinging.

Nicky Clark? 

Naisys Tackle
3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think he’s never a target man in his life and when he’s up top it seems the easy option to launch it.  We have GMS and Barrie McKay yet hardly ever whip the ball in from the flanks.  Even Kingsley doesn’t seem that type. 

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

If you get a chance, check the nick of him at the front post for Fergusons goal, 6ft 4 and Fergusons 5ft 11, Fergusons about a foot taller than him when he jumps for the header. Total shitebag. 

Agreed.   I don’t get the debate about whether he is or isn’t a target man, seems like an easy excuse.   All he needs to win the vast majority of headers is desire due to his height advantage.    Look how high he jumped for his debut goal.  On Saturday he lost practically everything in the air to shorter guys.      Sadly,  he was gutless.    So disappointed. 

50 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Agreed.   I don’t get the debate about whether he is or isn’t a target man, seems like an easy excuse.   All he needs to win the vast majority of headers is desire due to his height advantage.    Look how high he jumped for his debut goal.  On Saturday he lost practically everything in the air to shorter guys.      Sadly,  he was gutless.    So disappointed. 

Would fully agree with this. Said before, he seems like the type that will have 1 good game in 3. Need to cut him a bit of slack as he hasn’t been playing but the last few games when he has, I don’t see someone going all out to prove he should be the main man before Boyce.  Not what we need IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Would fully agree with this. Said before, he seems like the type that will have 1 good game in 3. Need to cut him a bit of slack as he hasn’t been playing but the last few games when he has, I don’t see someone going all out to prove he should be the main man before Boyce.  Not what we need IMO. 

There’s some things you shouldn’t ask for in a player.  You can cut someone a bit slack with rusty play or evident lack of match fitness due to not playing alot, but things like lack of bravery and guts stick out a mile. 

Not every ball was out his reach that you can then bring the fitness angle into it and say his sharpness wasn’t there.  He didn’t even fancy it when balls were right into him. 

41 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

There’s some things you shouldn’t ask for in a player.  You can cut someone a bit slack with rusty play or evident lack of match fitness due to not playing alot, but things like lack of bravery and guts stick out a mile. 

Not every ball was out his reach that you can then bring the fitness angle into it and say his sharpness wasn’t there.  He didn’t even fancy it when balls were right into him. 

👍

Pasquale for King

As much as there are canid reasons for his poor performances, lack of match fitness and poor crossing, his lack of effort and desire to help out his teammates and poor pressing you can see why he’s not been in the team or played more. 
I genuinely think we would be better with Woodburn up there with Ginnelly in a two or Mackay wide right with Gino left.

7 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

👍 His lack of interest was so blatantly obvious.  

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

As much as there are canid reasons for his poor performances, lack of match fitness and poor crossing, his lack of effort and desire to help out his teammates and poor pressing you can see why he’s not been in the team or played more. 
I genuinely think we would be better with Woodburn up there with Ginnelly in a two or Mackay wide right with Gino left.

👍 That should be the short term plan until Boyce is back. 

Ex member of the SaS

I agree he is crap and should never pull on a jersey again, however ONE player in the box with three or more defenders and a keeper and anyone will struggle. Our problem for years now is too many defending mids, not enough forward movement and not enough in the box when the ball does come in. Have said all along this is the problem with a defense minded manager, they will always go on the defensive rather than attack and this is clear when we play one up against weaker teams. Move the ball quicker out of defense and push players forward. Other teams are now pushing forward against us and the defense struggles to get the ball forward so they must be short at the back, nothing wrong with launching the ball now and again, it works for others. By pass half their team in one move.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I beleive we have a Striker coming in from Tottenham. 😎

This could be the loan move Harry Kane needs to get his confidence back. 

He looks so unhappy on the pitch.  Only time I have seen him happy was when he was sitting outside the French cafe beside Dragonfly a few months back.

Maluary Martin all over again.

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I agree he is crap and should never pull on a jersey again, however ONE player in the box with three or more defenders and a keeper and anyone will struggle. Our problem for years now is too many defending mids, not enough forward movement and not enough in the box when the ball does come in. Have said all along this is the problem with a defense minded manager, they will always go on the defensive rather than attack and this is clear when we play one up against weaker teams. Move the ball quicker out of defense and push players forward. Other teams are now pushing forward against us and the defense struggles to get the ball forward so they must be short at the back, nothing wrong with launching the ball now and again, it works for others. By pass half their team in one move.

I certainly wouldn't be buzzing knowing even if I get possession the next guy is 20 yards away 

letsmakesomenoise
On 31/10/2021 at 20:34, Cruyff said:

Spot on.  Beni being blocked wasn’t the reason we lost that game, Nando’s failure to aggressively header that ball away from the danger area was the real reason!

On 01/11/2021 at 15:47, Pasquale for King said:

Totally, Imo any forward we have could not do such a bad job as he does for us total dog shit and should never play for us again ! some fans may think otherwise fair enough but he can gtf for me.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, One five said:

Totally, Imo any forward we have could not do such a bad job as he does for us total dog shit and should never play for us again ! some fans may think otherwise fair enough but he can gtf for me.

Can’t really argue with that. 

Pasquale for King
On 01/11/2021 at 18:23, bobskeldon said:

👍 That should be the short term plan until Boyce is back. 

It will be interesting to see what he does on Saturday. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I think Gnaduilllet may have been the horse.

Donkey I think, he was at Blackpool after all 😜.,

He just seems so passive. Like win or lose, he couldn't really give a shit. Plays with so little energy its just annoying. Don't think he 'gets' the club. 

10 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Wonder who this could be? looks like all their forwards are on loan/ the ones in their first team are going to be on megabucks. 

My best guess would be Kion Etete but he's on a season long loan. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Adebayo, the guy we were after before Gnando scored a cracker for Luton vs Boro tonight. I presume we were outbid by Luton for him. Had plenty of movement and energy something Gnando doesn't always show.

Then Gnando arrived and we were told that he was the first choice all along. Lets hope he is up for it for the rest of the season (his contract is up at the end of this season)

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Adebayo, the guy we were after before Gnando scored a cracker for Luton vs Boro tonight. I presume we were outbid by Luton for him. Had plenty of movement and energy something Gnando doesn't always show.

Then Gnando arrived and we were told that he was the first choice all along. Lets hope he is up for it for the rest of the season (his contract is up at the end of this season)

I think we moved on and got Gnanduillet who was the first choice before he signed for Luton, probably on more there though. 
Might be back in for him next summer or even get him on a pre contract in January before he gets other offers. 

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, OTT said:

He just seems so passive. Like win or lose, he couldn't really give a shit. Plays with so little energy its just annoying. Don't think he 'gets' the club. 

Wonder who this could be? looks like all their forwards are on loan/ the ones in their first team are going to be on megabucks. 

My best guess would be Kion Etete but he's on a season long loan. 

He was being Facetious about Harry Kane wanting away 😜

11 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Wonder if it's the Irish guy Parrott? Apparently highly rated but I've never been that impressed when I've seen him play. 

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Wonder if it's the Irish guy Parrott? Apparently highly rated but I've never been that impressed when I've seen him play. 

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He looks so unhappy on the pitch.  Only time I have seen him happy was when he was sitting outside the French cafe beside Dragonfly a few months back.

Maluary Martin all over again.

One time we couldn't go wrong with French players? Now it's the total opposite....💩

4 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Hopefully, we've been really wanting a cracker of a striker.

Maroon Sailor
8 hours ago, Four faces said:

Does he play on the shoulder?

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s a pretty boy 😜

He's slick

10 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I knew it... said to my dad last night I was sure it was him. Some second half for Luton!... he took his goal well and looked good.

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I knew it... said to my dad last night I was sure it was him. Some second half for Luton!... he took his goal well and looked good.

Wouldn't have stood a chance with Hearts fans coming from a club like Walsall .....