• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• pointon

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

I know this is an unpopular view, but I don't think he is as bad as some on here make out. We are hardly getting to see much of him, before he comes on the vast majority of the fans have made their mind up how bad he is going to be. His confidence must be absolutely smashed just now and for whatever reason Hearts fans seem to love putting down our own players and club over the last few seasons.

Fans singing songs slagging him as well, pretty shabby considering how much our fans love to pat ourselves on the back about FOH and what great fans they are,

I thought he done ok against Livi, his miss was due to getting out the keepers way. He should have either shot or got taken down so definitely a bit of poor decision making. Other players have had worse misses this season and got no pelters at all.

When he came on against Motherwell he headed Boyce clean through and Boyce missed, against St Mirren he put McKay clean through and McKay missed. Not one single person I heard commented on the fact he done decent things in those games.

As I say I know people will freak out at the opinion that Hearts might actually get something useful out of him this season. 

Yes he has hardly set the heather alight, but the criticism of him has been well over the top.

Agreed, but I also think in his head he's already away. 

The 1st time pass to put McKay through v St Mirren was lovely. 

Great wee touch. 

He just does too many daft things, like a really poor touch or poor pass. 

He's not terrible, but we need to replace him. 

Best for all now I think. 

51 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Actually thought the chance he missed before the one on one was worse. Just needed good contact to put it in but took an awful touch instead

He actually defended it the commentator said

Jamie Walker should be getting on before him and is also one of the best finishers in the team.

Gnado clearly isn’t interested in playing for us. The guy needs the fitness coach to make sure he warms up properly which says it all about his terrible attitude.

Clearly not the best, I see him coming on and it doesn't fulfil me with any confidence! He does some stuff well but sometimes the easy basics just elude him. Doubt he is ever going to make it at Hearts to be honest. 

10 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

He looks really low in confidence and probably wasn't helped by him jumping unopposed and missing it to roars of laughter from the fans. Probably best all round for him to go back to the English lower league 

Yip, sometimes things just don’t work out for a player at a club. 

Tokyo Drifter
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed, but I also think in his head he's already away. 

The 1st time pass to put McKay through v St Mirren was lovely. 

Great wee touch. 

He just does too many daft things, like a really poor touch or poor pass. 

He's not terrible, but we need to replace him. 

Best for all now I think. 

Haven't we got him til the summer? Thought he signed an 18 month contract when he came in last Christmas.

36 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, sometimes things just don’t work out for a player at a club. 

He definitely needs to head back south and I think it will happen. His demeanour has been poor for several weeks and he looks like he doesn’t want to be here. However I HATE our fans singing songs slagging him off…..really poor is my opinion.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Haven't we got him til the summer? Thought he signed an 18 month contract when he came in last Christmas.

Yes we have. 

32 minutes ago, Holtie said:

He definitely needs to head back south and I think it will happen. His demeanour has been poor for several weeks and he looks like he doesn’t want to be here. However I HATE our fans singing songs slagging him off…..really poor is my opinion.

Some supporters have a strange way of trying to motivate players. Always been that way, ask Willie Gibson. 😄

6 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I know this is an unpopular view, but I don't think he is as bad as some on here make out. We are hardly getting to see much of him, before he comes on the vast majority of the fans have made their mind up how bad he is going to be. His confidence must be absolutely smashed just now and for whatever reason Hearts fans seem to love putting down our own players and club over the last few seasons.

Fans singing songs slagging him as well, pretty shabby considering how much our fans love to pat ourselves on the back about FOH and what great fans they are,

I thought he done ok against Livi, his miss was due to getting out the keepers way. He should have either shot or got taken down so definitely a bit of poor decision making. Other players have had worse misses this season and got no pelters at all.

When he came on against Motherwell he headed Boyce clean through and Boyce missed, against St Mirren he put McKay clean through and McKay missed. Not one single person I heard commented on the fact he done decent things in those games.

As I say I know people will freak out at the opinion that Hearts might actually get something useful out of him this season. 

Yes he has hardly set the heather alight, but the criticism of him has been well over the top.

As a defender of him in the past, I’m not going to come on here and say he played well against Livingston, as he didn’t. Clearly.

But what you’re spot on is the ‘support’ we give some players. Think a Hearts player is crap all you want, think the manager shouldn’t pick him all you want. But to get angry at the man or to sing songs slagging off you’re own player? I don’t even boo my team, as I see it providing nothing in the way of support. So to then go on and not just boo, but get angry and create mock songs about the guy? That’s odd behaviour.

The guy will be gone in the summer if not earlier, he’s one of two strikers. If he comes on hope for the best, if he doesn’t produce then have a go at the recruitment or just shrug your shoulders and move on. Having a go at (what you say is) someone with limited ability for having limited ability seems a pointless exercise.

Just watched the highlights again and he barely even looked fussed missing his one on one.

Not a likeable player in the slightest.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Just watched the highlights again and he barely even looked fussed missing his one on one.

Not a likeable player in the slightest.

Was at the match with my mate yesterday ( he used to play in the East of Scotland League ) and this was his first time watching Gnando. He described him as ‘undeceptively slow’. 🥸

31 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As a defender of him in the past, I’m not going to come on here and say he played well against Livingston, as he didn’t. Clearly.

But what you’re spot on is the ‘support’ we give some players. Think a Hearts player is crap all you want, think the manager shouldn’t pick him all you want. But to get angry at the man or to sing songs slagging off you’re own player? I don’t even boo my team, as I see it providing nothing in the way of support. So to then go on and not just boo, but get angry and create mock songs about the guy? That’s odd behaviour.

The guy will be gone in the summer if not earlier, he’s one of two strikers. If he comes on hope for the best, if he doesn’t produce then have a go at the recruitment or just shrug your shoulders and move on. Having a go at (what you say is) someone with limited ability for having limited ability seems a pointless exercise.

Hope for the best when he comes on ?he is getting paid to play for us he is a wage thief 

37 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Your attitude is nearly as bad as his

Burford Jamtart

Speaking to the Official Hearts Website, Robbie said; “It’s no secret we’ve been looking for a striker and I’m delighted to get Armand in because he ticks all of the boxes.

“He’s quick, strong and has a real presence about him and, of course, he can score goals.

"There was a lot of interest in him elsewhere from some big clubs so to get him signed up is a bit of coup."

“He’ll bring something different to the team and I’m looking forward to working with him.

Maybe it’s a case of over promise and under deliver..........

6 minutes ago, Burford Jamtart said:

Speaking to the Official Hearts Website, Robbie said; “It’s no secret we’ve been looking for a striker and I’m delighted to get Armand in because he ticks all of the boxes.

“He’s quick, strong and has a real presence about him and, of course, he can score goals.

"There was a lot of interest in him elsewhere from some big clubs so to get him signed up is a bit of coup."

“He’ll bring something different to the team and I’m looking forward to working with him.

Maybe it’s a case of over promise and under deliver..........

He brought something different alright 😂😂😂

41 minutes ago, pointon said:

Hope for the best when he comes on ?he is getting paid to play for us he is a wage thief 

No, he’s not. But like the Damour situation, people getting angry at the player makes little sense. Did the player offer themselves the contract? Did the player pick themselves in the team? No. So why get annoyed at them? If you or I got picked to play for Hearts I’m sure we would get criticised for being crap as we’re not professional players, but just because you and I are limited footballing wise should we just not play? People on here can’t have it both ways, you can’t simultaneously spend every week on here saying he’s a terrible player, one of the worst you’ve seen in a Hearts shirt and then get annoyed - at him - if he doesn’t play well.

Get annoyed that he doesn’t take a chance, get annoyed at Neilson for picking him, get annoyed at Savage for signing him if you like. But getting angry at the person or singing crap banter songs slagging off your own player? That just doesn’t make any sense.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No, he’s not. But like the Damour situation, people getting angry at the player makes little sense. Did the player offer themselves the contract? Did the player pick themselves in the team? No. So why get annoyed at them? If you or I got picked to play for Hearts I’m sure we would get criticised for being crap as we’re not professional players, but just because you and I are limited footballing wise should we just not play? People on here can’t have it both ways, you can’t simultaneously spend every week on here saying he’s a terrible player, one of the worst you’ve seen in a Hearts shirt and then get annoyed - at him - if he doesn’t play well.

Get annoyed that he doesn’t take a chance, get annoyed at Neilson for picking him, get annoyed at Savage for signing him if you like. But getting angry at the person or singing crap banter songs slagging off your own player? That just doesn’t make any sense.

I get annoyed because despite his limited ability his attitude is stinking 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Some supporters have a strange way of trying to motivate players. Always been that way, ask Willie Gibson. 😄

Good point Dave.

Wish we had a Willie Gibson in our team today.

Very unfairly treated by a lot of our supporters.

24 minutes ago, pointon said:

I get annoyed because despite his limited ability his attitude is stinking 

Well that’s a perception of his attitude, which you’re entitled to have of course. But we know Neilson doesn’t suffer fools gladly and if he didn’t like Gnanduillet’s attitude then he wouldn’t even make the bench. I’ve said on this board once I’ve said it a million times, just because players don’t run around like blue arsed fleas like a Calumn Morrison or something doesn’t necessarily mean they have a bad attitude. They may just have a different style and react in different ways.

But the point is, even if you’re right that his attitude stinks - why get annoyed only at him? Why not get annoyed and the manager picking him or the Director of Football that picked him out and signed off on paying his wages? Why direct all the anger at the player in this context? That’s what doesn’t make sense to me.

8 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Good post mate

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

How true Dave and Gibson scored a lot of goals for us.

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well that’s a perception of his attitude, which you’re entitled to have of course. But we know Neilson doesn’t suffer fools gladly and if he didn’t like Gnanduillet’s attitude then he wouldn’t even make the bench. I’ve said on this board once I’ve said it a million times, just because players don’t run around like blue arsed fleas like a Calumn Morrison or something doesn’t necessarily mean they have a bad attitude. They may just have a different style and react in different ways.

But the point is, even if you’re right that his attitude stinks - why get annoyed only at him? Why not get annoyed and the manager picking him or the Director of Football that picked him out and signed off on paying his wages? Why direct all the anger at the player in this context? That’s what doesn’t make sense to me.

Come on you can’t blame the manager or director of football if he is nor trying a leg

he is an absolute fraud 

2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Come on you can’t blame the manager or director of football if he is nor trying a leg

he is an absolute fraud 

What a typical pish take from you….

If he was a fraud as you say then the Director of Football and manager are responsible for him being with us and including him in squads. He is languid in his running style as was Djoum. Did you think he was a lazy fraud? 

Gnando’s biggest thing yesterday wasn’t missing the chance when on on goal others will do the same it was the all he missed a header on and it hit his back. Thats more a lack of focus to me and thats a concern. 

6 minutes ago, pointon said:

he is an absolute fraud 

Yes you can. He signed because Savage signing him after Adebayo fell through. Neilson picks him and plays him, he doesn’t have to. For most of this season we’ve had players we’re surprised to see not even make the bench, so it wouldn’t exactly be reaching into youth teams to cover his spot on the bench. If his attitude is as bad as you say it is blame Savage for not doing his homework and Neilson for continually picking him and bringing him on. Unless you think he has something written into his contract he has to play? Then again, whoever have him that contract is someone you should be angry at.

I think he’s fine to be on the bench and come on when needed and been cover for Boyce if he’s out, others like yourself don’t. But Neilson could’ve just banished him to the reserves like he did Damour, Roberts or to an extent Frear last season. But he hasn’t. If he’s as bad as you say he is, then have a go at Neilson for that.

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes you can. He signed because Savage signing him after Adebayo fell through. Neilson picks him and plays him, he doesn’t have to. For most of this season we’ve had players we’re surprised to see not even make the bench, so it wouldn’t exactly be reaching into youth teams to cover his spot on the bench. If his attitude is as bad as you say it is blame Savage for not doing his homework and Neilson for continually picking him and bringing him on. Unless you think he has something written into his contract he has to play? Then again, whoever have him that contract is someone you should be angry at.

I think he’s fine to be on the bench and come on when needed and been cover for Boyce if he’s out, others like yourself don’t. But Neilson could’ve just banished him to the reserves like he did Damour, Roberts or to an extent Frear last season. But he hasn’t. If he’s as bad as you say he is, then have a go at Neilson for that.

👍🏻 

This place is getting more ridiculous every day. 

I think when Boyce got injured v Dundee most of us realised bringing Gnando in from the start meant changing style a bit. The false nine v Dundee Utd was in lost peoples opinion the way to go as it kept what we’d been doing fairly similar. 

Gnando has something to offer but he struggles to do the things you’d expect of him. Maybe its confidence or focus as I alluded to but that attempted header yesterday was horrendous. 

6 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Mental that people will slag him, while singing songs about Andy Halliday.

I think theres reasons for that 😏

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Sometimes it just doesn't work out,Gnaduillet isnt a bad player,he just doesn't fit Hearts.

He looked best yesterday when the ball was played to his feet. Thats how we suit playing , he’s in a very much no win situation with the fans just now

9 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Well said 👍👍👍

Just now, pointon said:

How are people defending this wage thief he is not interested and that’s ignoring his shiteness 

Probably because we aren’t blinded by idiocy or hate. Pathetic comments like “wage thief” or “hes not interested” sum up you and your opinions on Hearts and most players….

Ainsley Harriott
10 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Mental that people will slag him, while singing songs about Andy Halliday.

Agree Halliday is evey bit as bad a player but possibly a more annoying human

Bazzas right boot

I don't know how folk regularly jump to he's not trying or he doesn't care. 

Some folk really do just want headless chickens, gid honest laddies who try hard.

Gnando isn't great, his first touch can be horrendous and basic things allude him far too often. 

I do think he tries, but I also think he's a gonner in January and like anybody else, they'd be distracted by that. 

We badly need another striker. 

Not a fan of looking at ex players but a  Connor Washington or a pkye of his ilk would be ideal in our current set up. 

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

👍🏻

This place is getting more ridiculous every day. 

I think when Boyce got injured v Dundee most of us realised bringing Gnando in from the start meant changing style a bit. The false nine v Dundee Utd was in lost peoples opinion the way to go as it kept what we’d been doing fairly similar. 

Gnando has something to offer but he struggles to do the things you’d expect of him. Maybe its confidence or focus as I alluded to but that attempted header yesterday was horrendous. 

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

He looked best yesterday when the ball was played to his feet. Thats how we suit playing , he’s in a very much no win situation with the fans just now

It’s not just this place, I see it online and Group Chats I’m in too. There’s a tendency to go one extreme or the other. For instance Boyce can do no wrong in some people’s eyes despite having obvious limitations (which is fine) and Gnanduillet is the “worst ever”. I do wonder how long people have been watching Hearts or how short memories they have.

And yes, that header was horrendous. As was the going back away from goal when through in - despite having the intelligence to make the run in the first place. But he also showed a few one two touches that had us playing decent. But overall his cameo was poor, not getting away from that. But the need for some to go over the top seems excessive. And as I say, the anger directed towards the player himself perplexes me, especially when not directed at those signing/picking him.

28 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s not just this place, I see it online and Group Chats I’m in too. There’s a tendency to go one extreme or the other. For instance Boyce can do no wrong in some people’s eyes despite having obvious limitations (which is fine) and Gnanduillet is the “worst ever”. I do wonder how long people have been watching Hearts or how short memories they have.

And yes, that header was horrendous. As was the going back away from goal when through in - despite having the intelligence to make the run in the first place. But he also showed a few one two touches that had us playing decent. But overall his cameo was poor, not getting away from that. But the need for some to go over the top seems excessive. And as I say, the anger directed towards the player himself perplexes me, especially when not directed at those signing/picking him.

Some reasonable points there - my biggest gripe is he's still in matchday squads - keeping young Pollock or Jamie Walker out on occasion. So that's Robbie. Boyce has limitations but the team play better with him on the park - his movement up top is tremendous- yesterday I remember McAneff bursting forward and looking for Boycie - but Gnando was on by that time and was behind him - no out ball available