Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

21 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I was at the Cove game and there were a few folk sitting next to each other.

The Stewards won't stop you. And given you have young kids that's fair enough having them next to you.

Glad to hear that. Cheers. 

Still though, what an odd rule to have in place. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

On 23/07/2021 at 23:05, Perth to Paisley said:

You were being snide....

I know more than a day has passed since you posted, but I've not been on Kickback in the interim. I cannot let your slur  stick without responding.

I was most certainly not being snide. I posted a totally innocent response to another poster, who was concerned that ballots would be continuing for some time to come, by passing on the good news that the Clinical Director shortly expects the return of full crowds; great news for all us season ticket holders. Nothing more, nothing less. I've always referred to him as the dentist for no other reasons than it is quicker to type and say, a lot easier to remember than his current job title, and most people, obviously including you, know who I am talking about. He appears to me to be quite a nice chap and if I was wanting to be derogatory about him I would have come up with something far worse than referring to him by one of his professional qualifications. 

Perhaps in future when posting you would do better than to jump to the wrong conclusions and totally misinterpret the posts of total strangers of whom you know nothing. 

Perth to Paisley
5 hours ago, henryheart said:

I know more than a day has passed since you posted, but I've not been on Kickback in the interim. I cannot let your slur  stick without responding.

I was most certainly not being snide. I posted a totally innocent response to another poster, who was concerned that ballots would be continuing for some time to come, by passing on the good news that the Clinical Director shortly expects the return of full crowds; great news for all us season ticket holders. Nothing more, nothing less. I've always referred to him as the dentist for no other reasons than it is quicker to type and say, a lot easier to remember than his current job title, and most people, obviously including you, know who I am talking about. He appears to me to be quite a nice chap and if I was wanting to be derogatory about him I would have come up with something far worse than referring to him by one of his professional qualifications. 

Perhaps in future when posting you would do better than to jump to the wrong conclusions and totally misinterpret the posts of total strangers of whom you know nothing. 

I accept your explanation/apology.

It's a common slur that annoys many.

To avoid potential future confusion I suggest you take the extra time to key the extra characters.

In the meantime I will try not to get 'innocently triggered' in the future.

Got a game to attend!

stirlingshirejambo

I see Dave Coack at Aberdeen is encouraging people to book in pods of 3 or 4 as you only need a metre between that block and next block of supporters

if everyone orders singly then attendance will obviously be a lot less makes sense if family/bubbles can do that hopefully Hearts use something similar next week to maximise attendance 

After watching the side to side no forward pass show tonight, I hope I’m lucky in the ballot for Celtic game and don’t get a ticket😬

2 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

I noticed Mrs Budge and her bidey-in were not sitting one metre apart.

Tut tut

🤣🤣 we said the same.  

Is there any word on when we'll hear how many we'll be allowed in? Even with the insistence on 3 seats between people we could get a lot more in, there were massive gaps at the top of the stands and no one seated in any of the lower sections.

Heartsofgold

Anyone know when we will find out if we have been successful in the ballot for Saturdays game?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The deadline to apply for the ballot is midnight tonight, I don't think we'll hear before Wednesday. Don't think it's even been announced how many we can have? 

I’d expect it to be Wednesday before we find out who has won the ballot. Should hopefully find out how much fans will be allowed in today. I think we will be allowed 7 or 8k fans in for this one 

18 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

I accept your explanation/apology.

It's a common slur that annoys many.

To avoid potential future confusion I suggest you take the extra time to key the extra characters.

In the meantime I will try not to get 'innocently triggered' in the future.

Got a game to attend!

Thanks for this. 

Gorgie_Rules

Hopefully the club use the bottom sections of the stands regardless of how many we are allowed in.

Keep the top corners of each of the 4 stands closed and try make the place a bit more intimidating.

I fear with a pre-season feel to the game and lack of intensity it may play into Celtic’s hands.

Hopefully get up to 8,000 in to create a bit of atmosphere.

I hope we hear before Wednesday because for us long distance travellers we won’t have much time to organise travel and hotel! Never mind it is what it is. Terry

20 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Hopefully the club use the bottom sections of the stands regardless of how many we are allowed in.

Keep the top corners of each of the 4 stands closed and try make the place a bit more intimidating.

I fear with a pre-season feel to the game and lack of intensity it may play into Celtic’s hands.

Hopefully get up to 8,000 in to create a bit of atmosphere.

The bottom sections should always be used to create some atmosphere, putting fans up the back gives the away team a big lift 

How many times have we been been away to Motherwell or Killie for example and they put you up the top as they don’t want you down the front 

We paid extra on the ST's  to have premium seats in the Main Stand. Are the ballots going to be in sections of people in similar pricing zones so they get appropriate value from their seats. 

Didn't pay premium to end up sitting front row behind a corner flag or something stupid.

Granted, that would be better than not being there but it's another logistical consideration that seems to have passed the club by. 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

We paid extra on the ST's  to have premium seats in the Main Stand. Are the ballots going to be in sections of people in similar pricing zones so they get appropriate value from their seats. 

Didn't pay premium to end up sitting front row behind a corner flag or something stupid.

Granted, that would be better than not being there but it's another logistical consideration that seems to have passed the club by. 

well me amd the Mrs were in a nice padded seat in Section R row 29 oxygen mask territory last night just along from AB our usual seat is in section Q row 9 can't wait to get back down there. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I doubt the ballot will be that complicated. You would have to ballot by section to make it work. 

Sierra Delta

"Hibs fans will get their first away day in 16 months after it was announced they have been allocated 2000 tickets for the opening day of the season."

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-fans-set-motherwell-away-21146172

Looks like Motherwell have up to 4500 tickets for home fans as well, so around half the capacity in total. Surely we can't be far away from getting around 10k? 

Italian Lambretta
19 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

"Hibs fans will get their first away day in 16 months after it was announced they have been allocated 2000 tickets for the opening day of the season."

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-fans-set-motherwell-away-21146172

Looks like Motherwell have up to 4500 tickets for home fans as well, so around half the capacity in total. Surely we can't be far away from getting around 10k? 

This is not good news you know what will happen next

On 24/07/2021 at 22:42, Cigaro said:

Glad to hear that. Cheers. 

Still though, what an odd rule to have in place. 

It is weird......Junior [12 year old ST holder] and I walked into the Wheatfield yesterday and a steward approached us and said, "forget the seat numbers you have - you can sit next to each other"

Great we thought, so we did....just for another steward to approach us and say " Cannea da that...move along 2 seats"....

Pointed out the Steward along who told us we could sit next to each other, she was not having it.....I wasn't complaining, but why have mixed messages ref sitting next to each other?.....plenty around were doing exactly that as well

heartsfc_fan
44 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

No chance there will be that number of Celtic fans at Tynecastle if any.

They might be lucky and get a wee corner of 500.

13 minutes ago, moz said:

It is weird......Junior [12 year old ST holder] and I walked into the Wheatfield yesterday and a steward approached us and said, "forget the seat numbers you have - you can sit next to each other"

Great we thought, so we did....just for another steward to approach us and say " Cannea da that...move along 2 seats"....

Pointed out the Steward along who told us we could sit next to each other, she was not having it.....I wasn't complaining, but why have mixed messages ref sitting next to each other?.....plenty around were doing exactly that as well

Should have asked that steward to go over to the main stand and speak to Mrs Budge. 

Apparently the two seats apart rule didn't apply to her. 

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I’d expect it to be Wednesday before we find out who has won the ballot. Should hopefully find out how much fans will be allowed in today. I think we will be allowed 7 or 8k fans in for this one 

If we get more than 5k I'll be amazed 

Jambo 4 Ever
17 minutes ago, moz said:

This isn’t good

the steward shouldn’t be encouraging others to break the rules

what section were you in mate?

43 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This isn’t good

the steward shouldn’t be encouraging others to break the rules

what section were you in mate?

We were in Section G.....the steward at entry to tunnel 5 said sit beside each other....then when we got to our seats at the edge of Tunnel 6.....[end of row seats, seat 30 was mine], the female steward there picked up that we shouldn't be sat together and made Junior hop over to his seat of number 27

No issue to me, but why give mixed messages....

We actually moved to Gorgie road stand for second half as we knew the action would be at that goal..! :)....and loads were sat together up there

Stupid Sexy Flanders
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Absolutely no danger will they lock out Hearts season ticket holders and let Celtic fans in. No chance whatsoever. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Absolutely no danger will they lock out Hearts season ticket holders and let Celtic fans in. No chance whatsoever. 

Yeh would be stupid to do that 

joondalupjambo

Will it be up to Hearts though about letting Celtic fans attend?  If the SFA say an allocation must be given to away fans then would the clubs hands not be tied?  No doubt they will spout some rule from their book.  Celtic will take some form of action if they get no tickets for this league game you can be sure of that.  Suspect this is one reason why it is taking a while to announce how many are to get in on Saturday night.

Personally I would like no away fans and all home fans thus offering an increased chance for our support in the ballot but I have a sneaky feeling things might go pear here.

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

If there is one single ST holder unable to attend due to restrictions then no away fans will be accommodated 

13 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If there is one single ST holder unable to attend due to restrictions then no away fans will be accommodated 

indeed. And fully expect Celtic  to get zero. 
motherwell will be giving hibs tickets because they are catering for all their ST holders surely 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, moz said:

We were in Section G.....the steward at entry to tunnel 5 said sit beside each other....then when we got to our seats at the edge of Tunnel 6.....[end of row seats, seat 30 was mine], the female steward there picked up that we shouldn't be sat together and made Junior hop over to his seat of number 27

No issue to me, but why give mixed messages....

We actually moved to Gorgie road stand for second half as we knew the action would be at that goal..! :)....and loads were sat together up there

She would have been told politely to **** off. Making family members sit apart, that decision is really getting to me.

Just read the Scottish Sun (I do expect to get flack for looking at that newspaper) in the last hour. I don’t know where they got this info from but I will post the snippet from the story I read (talking about saturdays match):

“It's been confirmed that 4,000 home supporters will be allowed into the game - but there has been no concrete update from either club on away fans.” (The Scottish Sun)

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, ElGee1973 said:

Just read the Scottish Sun (I do expect to get flack for looking at that newspaper) in the last hour. I don’t know where they got this info from but I will post the snippet from the story I read (talking about saturdays match):

“It's been confirmed that 4,000 home supporters will be allowed into the game - but there has been no concrete update from either club on away fans.” (The Scottish Sun)

That's an appalling amount if it happens.

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Will it be up to Hearts though about letting Celtic fans attend?  If the SFA say an allocation must be given to away fans then would the clubs hands not be tied?  No doubt they will spout some rule from their book.  Celtic will take some form of action if they get no tickets for this league game you can be sure of that.  Suspect this is one reason why it is taking a while to announce how many are to get in on Saturday night.

Personally I would like no away fans and all home fans thus offering an increased chance for our support in the ballot but I have a sneaky feeling things might go pear here.

I don’t think there has ever been a rule that states an away allocation. In the cups, yes, but not league.

4 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

Can’t be true surely?

Hibs get 2k away tickets and we only get 4k for whole ground 🤷‍♀️

4 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

That's an appalling amount if it happens.

Absolutely ridiculous. Of course the story was Celtic minded (what else would you expect from a Glasgow based paper) but it would be sickening if we only get 4000 fans allowed in. 

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Can’t be true surely?

Hibs get 2k away tickets and we only get 4k for whole ground 🤷‍♀️

It’s definitely what the Scottish Sun are reporting. What I want to know is where they got the 4K figure from when all us supporters haven’t been informed of anything yet????

5 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I agree. The writing is on the wall here.

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7459617/celtic-slo-away-allocations-hearts-premiership/  - I’ve posted this if anyone is interested in reading. I just hope the 4K figure isn’t true. It would just be another slap in the coupon for us from the authorities eh……… 

How the **** are Hibs allowed to take 2k to Motherwell but we are only allowed 4k as the home team?

How much are Motherwell getting allocated vs Hibs?

Ridiculous 

The number of people blaming the club is just amazing

Get a grip people and aim your fire elsewhere

Truly you are either simply out to harm the club with this spread of second hand information or you don't realise the harm you are doing

The club have put in a number of applications now and as such been in touch with council officials in that time and if we believe the rubbish posted by some the club are the ones limiting the numbers that can attend

Do you ever think to ask why that would be if you are gullible enough to listen to the moaning minnies ?

No one even questions why there needs to be stands empty of any fans at other grounds meaning more are fitted into a smaller area.....why ?

Roll on 9th August and some of the power hungry staff we pay for within the council and Scottish Government will have their wings clipped

Put simply they are on a slow slow, slow slow slow dance to freedom.....................now I wonder where they took their inspiration from ?

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Truly you are either simply out to harm the club with this spread of second hand information or you don't realise the harm you are doing

The club have put in a number of applications now and as such been in touch with council officials in that time and if we believe the rubbish posted by some the club are the ones limiting the numbers that can attend

Do you ever think to ask why that would be if you are gullible enough to listen to the moaning minnies ?

No one even questions why there needs to be stands empty of any fans at other grounds meaning more are fitted into a smaller area.....why ?

Roll on 9th August and some of the power hungry staff we pay for within the council and Scottish Government will have their wings clipped

Put simply they are on a slow slow, slow slow slow dance to freedom.....................now I wonder where they took their inspiration from ?

It was the clubs idea to seat everyone 1 metre apart. Not necessary under current guidelines and even Ann Budge ignored it last night. They made a mistake but rather than admit it they’re now pressing on with the same set up for the Celtic game. Why can’t they look around them and see what others are doing and rectify their mistake?

15 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7459617/celtic-slo-away-allocations-hearts-premiership/  - I’ve posted this if anyone is interested in reading. I just hope the 4K figure isn’t true. It would just be another slap in the coupon for us from the authorities eh……… 

Oh dear, wtaf are the club doing wrong in their applications to the Council, IF, this is the actual case

Gorgie_Rules

4,000 would be an absolute disgrace if true. Even the restricted numbers last night was total overkill when you seen the number of empty seats.

40% allowed at celtics next home game yet we’d only get 20% on saturday.

12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We did things differently to other clubs for the Inverness game - it was like we're still in level 2 restrictions.

Celtic allowed 19,000 (1/3).. Hibs allowed 5,000 (1/4). Hearts allowed 3,000? And a week later (rumoured) 4,000? Who are we to blame if the club are the ones putting in the applications and the same council have allowed Hibs more because of their (different?) applications?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It was the clubs idea to seat everyone 1 metre apart. Not necessary under current guidelines and even Ann Budge ignored it last night. They made a mistake but rather than admit it they’re now pressing on with the same set up for the Celtic game. Why can’t they look around them and see what others are doing and rectify their mistake?

Where was it printed it was the clubs idea ?

Have you seen the application ?

Have you read any of the replies from the council ?

The answer is no to the above but go on and on and on again with your fantasy posts

Honestly some of you are beyond a joke and to think all of this is to save face from a few ill judged posters/fans just leaves you asking questions of the poster not the club

I can see the discussion within the club now.............

Yes Ann we can't get any more fans in because it would look like we are idiots in not only our last application but the previous two as well if we admit we got it wrong......I mean you have such a good name with them you can't be seen as anything other than perfect so lets just pretend and hope it all goes away

Oh and read below seems we are not alone.....another club who just can't get it right if the JKB covid experts are to be believed

St Mirren reveal 'disappointment' at meagre crowd capacity increase for Partick Thistle clash (msn.com)

5 minutes ago, kila said:

We did things differently to other clubs for the Inverness game - it was like we're still in level 2 restrictions.

Celtic allowed 19,000 (1/3).. Hibs allowed 5,000 (1/4). Hearts allowed 3,000? And a week later (rumoured) 4,000? Who are we to blame if the club are the ones putting in the applications and the same council have allowed Hibs more because of their (different?) applications?

Try looking at the link for St Mirren in my previous post and once more tell us more .....another club who can't get it right it seems

• davemclaren changed the title to Match ticket ballot ( updated )