Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

If one person enters the ballot on behalf of three of us as a group does that that he will get all the tickets if successful or will the tickets be sent out to each individual within the group ? 

Based on the Inverness ballot all the tickets will go to the lead person on the application.  I requested my own ticket plus 3 others and all the tickets came to me.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, livi said:

Based on the Inverness ballot all the tickets will go to the lead person on the application.  I requested my own ticket plus 3 others and all the tickets came to me.

Good for you but wjy should one person get 4 tickets but most others none?

Edited by Francis Albert

heartsfc_fan
9 minutes ago, livi said:

Yep same thing happened here.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Good for you but wjy should one person get 4 tickets but most others none?

Why is it good for me.  I only got 1 ticket and applied as requested by Hearts.  

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, livi said:

Why is it good for me.  I only got 1 ticket and applied as requested by Hearts.  

Sorry. You said you applied for four tickets and they all came to you.

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, livi said:

As you said!

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

As you said!

Sorry should have said "I applied for my own ticket plus 3 other season ticket holders and all the tickets were posted to me with their names allocated on their ticket".

Malinga the Swinga

Presumably it's 8pm as Lions test match v SA will be on beforehand and Sky won't want clash.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, livi said:

Sorry should have said "I applied for my own ticket plus 3 other season ticket holders and all the tickets were posted to me with their names allocated on their ticket".

Sorry but you got four tickets from one ballot application? That is what I was questioning.

And all four of you can have another collective go in the next ballot.

Fair?

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry but you got four tickets from one ballot application? That is what I was questioning.

Fair?

No, but I can only assume they're trying to accomodate fans who want to sit together (1 metre apart !!).  There are always going to be unhappy fans no matter how this was done.

My original answer was to the guy who wondered who would receive the tickets if a group had applied.

2 hours ago, henryheart said:

I suspect that we are allowed less than Hibs because we don't properly understand how to interpret the rules. It is  interesting to see that Edinburgh City were to have been allowed 700 supporters at 3,127 capacity Ainslie Park for their game yesterday.

Clearly Hearts does not seem to understand that when meeting others outdoors you are only required to 'stay at least 1 metre away from anyone who is not part of your friends and family grouping'  The guidance continues to state that 'applications for events above Level 0 limits can continue to proceed at local authority level, with events only able to take place following Scotland’s move to Level 0 providing physical distancing can be maintained with those numbers in attendance.' 

How Hearts can say that 'to ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines all supporters will be seated 1 meter apart in the stadium, this applies to all supporters – including those in the same household' is a complete mystery, as the Scottish Government guidelines do not require it. Neither does the Council looking at the crowds being accepted at Easter Road and Ainslie Park. I suggest that Hearts get somebody who knows what they are doing to have a look at this, because it does not seem to have happened so far.   

Perhaps you could print the application made for us and post it ?............as you have not seen it I doubt it

When you do come back to us but until then stop the speculation (or some would say nonsense) and attempts to tar the club once more

Truly sad to think the club did not discuss matters prior to the application being made.........and we will see shortly about the new application for the Celtic match but we all know the council will be led in part by the government and lets have a laugh here it's 'guidance'

Just to let you know why don't you apply for information from the council and you can post your FOI reply ?

How do Scottish clubs apply to have bigger crowds at games? - BBC Sport

PS I think our application was impacted by a wind management issue..........well that's as good a guess as any

Edited by CJGJ

willie wallace
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’m hopeless with this kind of thing but I think if you type Hearts online ticketing into google and click on the page that comes up there should be an option to log in or register at the very top right hand corner of the page. Easy enough to register then you should see the ballot option at the bottom of the page. Tried to post a link but couldn’t manage to. 

Cheers for your help.Took a while but got there in the end (I think😊)

45 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Fair?

No, once your season ticket has been included in an application, you are blocked from making a second application

13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Perhaps you could print the application made for us and post it ?............as you have not seen it I doubt it

When you do come back to us but until then stop the speculation (or some would say nonsense) and attempts to tar the club once more

Truly sad to think the club did not discuss matters prior to the application being made.........and we will see shortly about the new application for the Celtic match but we all know the council will be led in part by the government and lets have a laugh here it's 'guidance'

Just to let you know why don't you apply for information from the council and you can post your FOI reply ?

PS I think our application was impacted by a wind management issue..........well that's as good a guess as any

Why are you getting so defensive at people being baffled at the club insisting on 1m distance? It's not in the government guidelines and up to 15 people in a group can sit together with no distancing outdoors. Partick have allowed people to apply in groups up to 15. 

If you don't think insisting on 1m between every seat will impact our numbers then fair enough, but it's not an attempt to tar the club to be confused by how we are approaching it.

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Shouldn't those successful in a ballot go to the end pf the queue until demand is satisfied?

Yes that's what is happening.

2 hours ago, scottg71 said:

So am I right in thinking that you could be successful in every ballot? Or never get a ticket for any match?

No. Very unlikely

2 hours ago, scottg71 said:

Doesn’t seem fair. If you’re successful in one you should miss the next. 

Hearts agree and this will happen unless we get granted a capacity of over 50% of season ticket holders in the ballot. I'm which case some folk will get 2 in a row.

1 hour ago, smiler said:

Am I right in saying that even although you have a season ticket you could be unsuccessful in every ballot and not even get into Tynie at all?

Edit just seen other posts so I probably am right. That’s a load of bollox man.

See above 

Why can't folk read what's available rather than getting all worked up over nothing 

Screenshot_20210722-222156_Chrome.thumb.jpg.254df7068184e6578d122c37d1365ebe.jpg

Restrictions are being lifted on the 9th, so this should be a ballot for 1 game. Jason Leitch said on radio Scotland crowds will be back to normal after that unless they push back the date. Not sure why were saying a ballot for future games when the next home game is 21st

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

True but if it’s restricted and socially distanced it’s doubtful if you get your own seat 

True. Doh!

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Fair?

Seems as fair as you can make it on the assumption they want four tickets. 

Jambo 4 Ever

If people are wanting to take their young nephews, Nieces or grandchildren, surely it should be possible to sit next to them?!?

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Restrictions are being lifted on the 9th, so this should be a ballot for 1 game. Jason Leitch said on radio Scotland crowds will be back to normal after that unless they push back the date. Not sure why were saying a ballot for future games when the next home game is 21st

Because nothing is guaranteed. If that happens then no ballet will be needed. 

Jambo 4 Ever

Wouldn’t it have been easier and more sensible to have an opt out option for season ticket holders as surely if you have a season ticket it means you want to go to the games?!

davemclaren
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If people are wanting to take their young nephews, Nieces or grandchildren, surely it should be possible to sit next to them?!?

As far as I can see at the two matches I was at they are regardless. 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, davemclaren said:

As far as I can see at the two matches I was at they are regardless. 

Ah ok … so no one stops them moving to sit next to each other 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ah ok … so no one stops them moving to sit next to each other 

Not that I’ve seen. 

Looking forward to winning a seat in the Premium section while a Premium ST holder wins a seat in the front row of section A.

2 minutes ago, LMc said:

We do seem to be the odd one out here.

I agree that requiring members of the same household to sit 1 metre apart is nonsense and has never applied in any setting ever since the Government started creating covid rules.

The difference between Hearts and Thistle is that we have 10,000+ ST holders and they have around 1,800.*

Thistle can therefore fit all their ST holders into the stadium without going over whatever limit their Council imposes. Organising fans in 2s, 4s or 15s or whatever becomes possible.

For Hearts the simplest thing is to set up single seat stations one metre apart throughout the stadium. The issue is the maximum number which is determined in part by the turnstiles, concourses and toilets.

I'm not very happy with it but just trying to understand what's going on.

*"With two weeks still to go until the cinch Championship begins at home to Queen of the South on Saturday 31st July, just over 1,800 season tickets have been purchased by the red and yellow army." - Partick Thistle website

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Because nothing is guaranteed. If that happens then no ballet will be needed. 

Ya dancer🩰

Dennis Reynolds
29 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I agree that requiring members of the same household to sit 1 metre apart is nonsense and has never applied in any setting ever since the Government started creating covid rules.

The difference between Hearts and Thistle is that we have 10,000+ ST holders and they have around 1,800.*

Thistle can therefore fit all their ST holders into the stadium without going over whatever limit their Council imposes. Organising fans in 2s, 4s or 15s or whatever becomes possible.

For Hearts the simplest thing is to set up single seat stations one metre apart throughout the stadium. The issue is the maximum number which is determined in part by the turnstiles, concourses and toilets.

*"With two weeks still to go until the cinch Championship begins at home to Queen of the South on Saturday 31st July, just over 1,800 season tickets have been purchased by the red and yellow army." - Partick Thistle website

It doesn't really matter how many season ticket holders partick have or how many fans they'll get in. That's not the point.

The point being, Hearts seem to be the only club insisting that all fans sit 1m apart which is then having a detrimental effect on the amount of fans that are allowed in. 

Edit. Just got clarity, it's not just Partick doing this. Hibs with a similar size stadium and fans have supporters bubbles as do Aberdeen as we saw tonight.

Edited by LMc

Saint Jambo
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Fair?

Whether people apply in small groups or individuals doesn't actually affect your probability of being succesful in the draw. It seems unfair because if they are drawn before you they take up 4 seats. But it is just as likely that application is drawn after you in which case that is 4 seats not 1 seat that are not taken when they reach you in the ballot. It might seem counterintuitive but not actually unfair.

The question of putting successful applicants into subsequent ballots does seem unfair if it is a straight ballot each time, but not related to accepting group ballots. That said, someone has quoted one of the answers on the website that says the club will operate a weighted ballot system meaning you are more likely to receive a ballot if you were unsuccessful it previous ballots.

Overall, it is interesting to see so many people coming round to my way of thinking that our permission for lower capacity looks most likely to be a result of club cock-up by making everyone sit in physically distances seats. I felt a lone voice on that over the last few days. People defending the club mostly seeming to be missing the point that the first step in the process is for the club to submit proposals for how they will maintain physical distancing and minimise risk in line with the overall guidance. Maintaining individual seating is barmy when it is not required. Unfortunately there is no pleasure in seeming like I am right when it means it is much less likely I'll be able to use my season ticket for the Celtic game.

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

If the maximum numbers were purely designed by turnstiles, concourses and toilets you would expect Tynecastle to get approval for more fans than Easter Road as these areas are less cramped and less enclosed at Tynecastle. But the process is that Hearts submit our proposals for how we will manage the event to maintain social distancing between groups. If the plan we are submitting is that we will seat every individual within a group 3 seats apart, that absolutely will impact the number of fans the council are willing to approve.

7 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Looking forward to winning a seat in the Premium section while a Premium ST holder wins a seat in the front row of section A.

🤣🤣🤣

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

My ST is platinum section E but I've got section A for the ICT game.

Just glad to be in the stadium

12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

From the top middle of wheatfield to section L of the Roseburn for me. Wasn’t going to bother going as the day and time didn’t suit me but taking my chance while I can. Who knows what will happen in the future. 

9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry to have offended, and you are correct that I am speculating; but so are you. That is what 90% of comments on this Forum are - speculation and opinions. If you read through previous posts elsewhere on the forum you will see that someone who is obviously in the know has suggested that the Council has not been engaging pre application with any applicants because there are so many - various licenced and entertainment venues - and that they require to consider the applications as submitted. 

As for the main point I raised, Hearts have stated quite clearly on its website that 'to ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines all supporters will be seated 1 meter apart in the stadium, this applies to all supporters – including those in the same household' when the Government does not require this. You do not need to see the Hearts application or seek an FOI from the Council to confirm that this forms part of the submission given that Hearts has stated it is. If there is no legal requirement I would be very surprised if the Council is (I speculate), hence my comments. I would be very happy to be proved wrong.

Well that was very easy, opted in to the ballot for my son and I, but it might all be futile as we can't go to the Celtic game and it might be all opened up for the Aberdeen one, but we're ready to take our chance if it all changes.

The Treasurer

I think we can guarantee that the SPFL will be doing everything they can to get maximum crowds by the 28th August, the date of the "greatest game on the planet" 

The Old Tolbooth

Wembley just been given permission to have 100% capacity for the Charity Shield game between Man City and Leicester, and we're pissing around with 2,000 fans in a 20k stadium. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Wembley just been given permission to have 100% capacity for the Charity Shield game between Man City and Leicester, and we're pissing around with 2,000 fans in a 20k stadium. 

9 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

If the maximum numbers were purely designed by turnstiles, concourses and toilets you would expect Tynecastle to get approval for more fans than Easter Road as these areas are less cramped and less enclosed at Tynecastle. But the process is that Hearts submit our proposals for how we will manage the event to maintain social distancing between groups. If the plan we are submitting is that we will seat every individual within a group 3 seats apart, that absolutely will impact the number of fans the council are willing to approve.

9 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Whether people apply in small groups or individuals doesn't actually affect your probability of being succesful in the draw. It seems unfair because if they are drawn before you they take up 4 seats. But it is just as likely that application is drawn after you in which case that is 4 seats not 1 seat that are not taken when they reach you in the ballot. It might seem counterintuitive but not actually unfair.

The question of putting successful applicants into subsequent ballots does seem unfair if it is a straight ballot each time, but not related to accepting group ballots. That said, someone has quoted one of the answers on the website that says the club will operate a weighted ballot system meaning you are more likely to receive a ballot if you were unsuccessful it previous ballots.

Overall, it is interesting to see so many people coming round to my way of thinking that our permission for lower capacity looks most likely to be a result of club cock-up by making everyone sit in physically distances seats. I felt a lone voice on that over the last few days. People defending the club mostly seeming to be missing the point that the first step in the process is for the club to submit proposals for how they will maintain physical distancing and minimise risk in line with the overall guidance. Maintaining individual seating is barmy when it is not required. Unfortunately there is no pleasure in seeming like I am right when it means it is much less likely I'll be able to use my season ticket for the Celtic game.

Exactly, and this is why I am a bit agitated. We have purchased season tickets and we expect the club to do all it can to maximise the opportunity for season ticket holders to attend games. They are quoting a social distancing guideline that doesn't apply in the case of family groups and that no other clubs appears to be applying. In doing this they are reducing the chances of each and every one of us being able to attend the first game of the league season. I am happy to be told differently, but from where I'm sitting I can only imagine that Hearts either don't know what the rules are or are making up excuses because grouping people together in families  means too much work for them and they think that we will all be quite happy just to sit at home and watch Sky or, heaven forbid, the stream.    

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

That would be because it was a cup game not included in the season ticket. If a silver season ticket holder is sitting in my platinum seat I’ll be raging’  🤣🤣

132goals1958
43 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A bit more optimistic that I might be successful. For one reason or another I am assuming  only 60% of season ticket holders apply which will give me a 50% chance of success. There again I might be wildly out in my appraisal but at least a one in three opportunity. Notwithstanding that an old codger like me deserves a treat now and then.

13 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Tonight in Aberdeen and you have to ask why Tynecastle should be any different

WMX_220721_03-6_39775900-848x564.jpg

12226498at_39776157-846x564.jpg

We seem to be the only club that are enforcing the 1 m rule for all supporters, even if they are in a family bubble. 🤦‍♂️

15 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Fair?

I've applied for myself and my daughter, like a lot of other families we will either both get a ticket or we will both miss out so yes its fair imo 

16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes. Though other ST holders could be successful several times.

This is not true, if you are successful you go to the end of the queue, so if 3 games allow 3500 in, assuming there are 10.5k tickets you are guaranteed to get a ticket in the 1st 3 games.  More than likely though there will be a lucky few who benefit from winning the celtic ballot as more fans are allowed in as the weeks go on and these people will have more chance of getting into the future games.

I can't understand all these daft unfair assumptions kicking around, just an excuse to stick it into the club yet again.

There is a real anti Hearts around here these days.

17 hours ago, livi said:

I don't understand why people are not being asked to apply for theirselves. 

Seems wrong that four tickets can be issued on one application imo. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Match ticket ballot ( updated )