Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

18 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Do you have a bet on or do you love men with Lego heads?

Only thing that makes Djoko look like Lego is his hair...maybe Nadal would too if his wasn't clogging up the plughole.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Only thing that makes Djoko look like Lego is his hair...maybe Nadal would too if his wasn't clogging up the plughole.

3731541B-A3F9-47C2-B7A8-39AFBCC68BA1.gif

That was a ptetty awful volley that cost Norrie that break of serve/set. Had played the point perfectly up to it too.

Malinga the Swinga

Don't like Novak, don't like Nick. Result, won't watch final and will leave it to those who care.

Makes for an easier Sunday.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Don't like Novak, don't like Nick. Result, won't watch final and will leave it to those who care.

Makes for an easier Sunday.

Peterhead skelping Aberdeen would be a decent alternative on tv. 😁

AlimOzturk

Djokovic will completely dominate the final. Norrie has done himself proud this tournament 

Riccarton3

Must have been angered by someone in the crowd with that display at the end. 

Very hard to like but that isn't his job.

Edited by Riccarton3

Made a ***** of himself there.  Not the sort of conduct you would see from a genuine great.  

Norrie rallied and fought hard but the damage was done by a long poor spell.  

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Made a ***** of himself there.  Not the sort of conduct you would see from a genuine great.  

Bore off ! You sound like a posh Tory Wimbledon crowd supporter lol 😂 

“ conduct “ 

0E25AE0C-0722-4A51-8729-2F636D4D2686.gif

Malinga the Swinga
40 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Just checked in with them on our WhatsApp group chat. Apparently, neither of them like you, either, MtS. :whistling:😧 🎾🥱

That's cause I'm in WhatsApp group with their wives. 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Bore off ! You sound like a posh Tory Wimbledon crowd supporter lol 😂 

“ conduct “ 

0E25AE0C-0722-4A51-8729-2F636D4D2686.gif

It's of no surprise that you are supportive of uncouth,  disrespectful,  crass behaviour.  Not the mark of a great sportsman.  The guy's a yob.  I suspect you're a bit yobbish.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

It's of no surprise that you are supportive of uncouth,  disrespectful,  crass behaviour.  Not the mark of a great sportsman.  The guy's a yob.  I suspect you're a bit yobbish.

You’re digging a deeper hole ! Showing your snooty , condescending credentials ! Actually almost pissing myself laughing at your comments ! 😂

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Ps the guy in the crowd was the “ yob”

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

You’re digging a deeper hole ! Showing your snooty , condescending credentials ! Actually almost pissing myself laughing at your comments ! 😂

Comes as no surprise.  The boy's a yobbish bum.  You wouldn't see Federer doing that.  It's nice to see the greats act with distinction.  

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Comes as no surprise.  The boy's a yobbish bum.  You wouldn't see Federer doing that.  It's nice to see the greats act with distinction.  

Federer is a boring fart ! 

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

What absolute nonsense. A couple of idiots in the crowd were clearly trying to rile him. His reaction was hardly OTT. 

The small section of crowd booing him was hilarious. Probably the same arseholes who whooped and hollered at the Aussie primadonna's antics last week.

The lack of respect given to Djokovic at Wimbledon, a 6 time winner, is weird. I suspect it'll be like Navratilova. They'll only start to appreciate him when he stops winning/retires.

rudi must stay
56 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Djokovic will completely dominate the final. Norrie has done himself proud this tournament 

What made it a contest was the unconventional points that Norrie constructed. Kyrgios will play exactly the same and nobody will be cheering Djokovic now after his reaction to winning. That's sport the wee details. Kyrgios has a chance, his game matches up to Djokovic's as he can hit winners from anywhere on the court 

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

What absolute nonsense. A couple of idiots in the crowd were clearly trying to rile him. His reaction was hardly OTT. 

The small section of crowd booing him was hilarious. Probably the same arseholes who whooped and hollered at the Aussie primadonna's antics last week.

The lack of respect given to Djokovic at Wimbledon, a 6 time winner, is weird. I suspect it'll be like Navratilova. They'll only start to appreciate him when he stops winning/retires.

Nah it was a bit too much gloating for my money.  A great rises above it imo.

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He’s also from Switzerland which says it all 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I know . He was goaded by a few Arse holes in the crowd so good on him telling them to Gtf . Yes the disrespect for him is appalling , mainly based on several unpalatable reasons . 

Djoko a level above and no bitterness from the crowd will change that.

I dont want him to win the final but he will.

AlimOzturk
36 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

What made it a contest was the unconventional points that Norrie constructed. Kyrgios will play exactly the same and nobody will be cheering Djokovic now after his reaction to winning. That's sport the wee details. Kyrgios has a chance, his game matches up to Djokovic's as he can hit winners from anywhere on the court 

Djokovic thrives on the crowds hatred of him. Wimbledon crowds can’t stand someone like him who doesn’t conform to the whole tennis Wimbledon norms unlike Golden boy federer. 

I love a rebel. I actually like Kyrigios for the same reasons 

AlimOzturk
39 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Nah it was a bit too much gloating for my money.  A great rises above it imo.

Djokovic doesn’t give a rats arse. His record will be all he needs to go down as a all time great. Class goes both ways and the Wimbledon crowd showed as little as he did. 

I would be the exact same if I was Novak 

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Djokovic thrives on the crowds hatred of him. Wimbledon crowds can’t stand someone like him who doesn’t conform to the whole tennis Wimbledon norms unlike Golden boy federer. 

What makes Novak a rebel? What doesn't he conform to?

AlimOzturk
4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

What makes Novak a rebel? What doesn't he conform to?

He didn’t get a vaccine despite everyone and their dog demanding he did. His body, his rules basically. 

He gets it up the Wimbledon crowd. 

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

You know the game pal fair play

Riccarton3
11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

He didn’t get a vaccine despite everyone and their dog demanding he did. His body, his rules basically. 

Not really rebel material if you want to be loved like Rafa and Fed.  What he thinks is that they should support him on tennis alone. It is strange cos he tends to get a good reception post match but then most people do

Edited by Riccarton3

37 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Half the Wimbledon crowd would be dead if there wasn't a vaccine. 

Such a hero is Novak. 

JudyJudyJudy
56 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

👍👍👍👍

JudyJudyJudy
46 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I admire that he has stuck to his principles despite the pressures to get the vaccine and also his career . He a good man . 

Arthur Morgan
27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Such a hero is Novak. 

😂

Jeffros Furios

The Chetnik is a fud 

Edited by Jeffros Furios

Riccarton3
18 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The Chetnik is a fud 

A rebel fud looking to travel unvaccinated: a vaccine to protect lives. As said, though, still gets a generally nice reception at Wimbledon bar the odd outburst.

Edited by Riccarton3

AlimOzturk
45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Such a hero is Novak. 

Yeah a little bit of an over reaction there. Nobody called him a hero for his stance. However I do admire his convictions for his beliefs despite a big backlash and subsequent bans from tournaments. 

We are at the stage now nobody gives a **** about vaccines so power to Novak if he wins. 

If he gets it up a lot of people then great.

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Homme said:

We are at the stage now nobody gives a **** about vaccines so power to Novak if he wins. 

If he gets it up a lot of people then great.

👍👍 I’m fine with either of the “

yobs “  winning it 😂

16 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

👍👍 I’m fine with either of the “

yobs “  winning it 😂

Me too. Win win. 

As long as Elena wins the women's 😍

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Homme said:

Me too. Win win. 

As long as Elena wins the women's 😍

I like both of the women too . Haven’t seen Elena play so not sure of her type of game . 

If Kyrgios was to win the final it would be one of the biggest upsets in a grand slam final ever. A lot of people seem to realise that this apparently massively gifted player had never even made a semi final until this week. He’s one of those players in sport that we get told has all the attributes but oddly rarely shows it when the chips are down.