• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Nole puts Alcaraz back in his box. 

The most complete performance I have seen from him was in 2012 Vs Murray at the Australian Open. Murray didnt play a bad match but wall mode was on and he won a couple of games each set. As the commentators said that level is an honour to watch, what is great about Novak is he goes for his shots. It was nice what he said about Alcaraz but I think this defeat will haunt Alcaraz for a while, there's a million ways Djokovic can win a point all Alcaraz has is a puny wee drop shot

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

The most complete performance I have seen from him was in 2012 Vs Murray at the Australian Open. Murray didnt play a bad match but wall mode was on and he won a couple of games each set. As the commentators said that level is an honour to watch, what is great about Novak is he goes for his shots. It was nice what he said about Alcaraz but I think this defeat will haunt Alcaraz for a while, there's a million ways Djokovic can win a point all Alcaraz has is a puny wee drop shot

dont be silly. 

anyway I hope djokovic wins tomorrow. Always strengthens my argument about Murray when he does. 

at least with people who know how tournaments work anyway and dont just try and troll. 

rudi must stay
56 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

dont be silly. 

anyway I hope djokovic wins tomorrow. Always strengthens my argument about Murray when he does. 

at least with people who know how tournaments work anyway and dont just try and troll. 

I'm not trolling 

rudi must stay
58 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

dont be silly. 

So you dont think Andy Murray is very good. You're hardly Isaac Newton thinking that 

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

'Rally of the Century" is a bit hyperbollock. No lobs, no drop shots, no tweeners. Just a longish rally with some side to side stuff. 

Yeah, just a bog standard rally ended with a player putting an easy winner long. Whoopee.

The rally between the two Rudis on here is more entertaining. 😁

10 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

'Rally of the Century" is a bit hyperbollock. No lobs, no drop shots, no tweeners. Just a longish rally with some side to side stuff. 

Oh stop being miserable 

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Yeah, just a bog standard rally ended with a player putting an easy winner long. Whoopee.

Yes a player eventually forcing another player to make a mistake ! 

I P Knightley
18 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

:biglaugh:

Not quite bog standard but not "of the century" either.

11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes a player eventually forcing another player to make a mistake ! 

Yet the ATP have put it into posterity as "UE" - an unforced error.

I'm sure I've recognised somewhere on this thread that, at their level, Djokovic, Alcaraz et al find a way to force these unforced errors out of their opposition but the way that rally was going and the position in which Djoko had played his shot, that final thump from Alco was nearer to unforced than forced.

My only criticism with the Tweet is the hyperbollocks of it being rally of the century. It wasn't even rally of the day as Sinner and Medvedev played out two 29-shot jobs that were of similar quality.

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

:biglaugh:

Not quite bog standard but not "of the century" either.

Yet the ATP have put it into posterity as "UE" - an unforced error.

I'm sure I've recognised somewhere on this thread that, at their level, Djokovic, Alcaraz et al find a way to force these unforced errors out of their opposition but the way that rally was going and the position in which Djoko had played his shot, that final thump from Alco was nearer to unforced than forced.

My only criticism with the Tweet is the hyperbollocks of it being rally of the century. It wasn't even rally of the day as Sinner and Medvedev played out two 29-shot jobs that were of similar quality.

Yes it was over the top but I did feel the point was won by Novak more than lost by Carlos . Tbf I feel Carlos played so many errors in the match , I wonder if this was due to Novak playing great or him just having an off day ?

I P Knightley
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes it was over the top but I did feel the point was won by Novak more than lost by Carlos . Tbf I feel Carlos played so many errors in the match , I wonder if this was due to Novak playing great or him just having an off day ?

Carlito's not quite back to 100% while Novak has (as he tends to do these days) grown into the tournament. There was really only ever going to be one winner. I suspect the same for this evening. Sinner's playing a level above Alcaraz at the moment but Djoko will be on better form than he was in the group game. The crowd could be the difference. Djoko's had plenty of crowds booing against him but this Italian lot aren't just against Djoko - they're passionately (oops: Italian stereotype!) for the guy with the German name and ginger hair.

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

You watching the final tonight Morgs

No.

We're going out to dinner.

I take it you're watching it, Rudes?

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Actually preferred the break point at 3-2 with the passing forehand 

Ill be watching too . Be good to see Novak win but no big deal if Sinner wins. I like him

The Italian crowd are radge.  They really look like they are enjoying themselves.  Not like the stuff Wimbles crowd. :) 

rudi must stay

In Andre Agassi's book he claimed when things got tough Sampras would go out of sight. Novak is exactly the same, Sinner is thinking how he can beat Djokovic but in a final he is a different player 

Edited by rudi must stay

29 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

That elderly Japanese guy seems a laugh

He’s “ happy Hari” 

Murray is out the Davis cup. Quite right tbh. Ahouldnt be playing anyway. 

Seems so long till the Aussie Open. And for anyone in doubt about how that tournament works then if you lose, you are out. Seen a few fake fans recently who dont understand the sport. 

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Murray is out the Davis cup. Quite right tbh. Ahouldnt be playing anyway. 

Seems so long till the Aussie Open. And for anyone in doubt about how that tournament works then if you lose, you are out. Seen a few fake fans recently who dont understand the sport. 

And the top 3 has an option of prizes. Winner - new car Runner-up new dishwasher and 3rd gets a new bicycle 

Edited by rudi must stay

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

And the top 3 has an option of prizes. Winner - new car Runner-up new dishwasher and 3rd gets a new bicycle 

😄

5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

careful. Fake fans who are just here to try and troll might just believe you. 

I P Knightley
16 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Have they done away with the speedboat? 

I P Knightley

Davis Cup this afternoon on iPlayer - GB vs Serbia.

The pairings will pitch Jack Draper with their second seed, (probably Djere) so that Norrie will be sacrified at the Djokovic altar. Draper is good enough to beat Djere but Norrie's a flake so the singles should be shared.

In the doubles, we've got two of the top 10 players with Grand Slam successes and ATP tour finals under their belts - therefore more likely to be able to tough it out if needed.

Reports are that there are around 5,000 Brits there to give it a bit of a home tie feeling.

16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Davis Cup this afternoon on iPlayer - GB vs Serbia.

The pairings will pitch Jack Draper with their second seed, (probably Djere) so that Norrie will be sacrified at the Djokovic altar. Draper is good enough to beat Djere but Norrie's a flake so the singles should be shared.

In the doubles, we've got two of the top 10 players with Grand Slam successes and ATP tour finals under their belts - therefore more likely to be able to tough it out if needed.

Reports are that there are around 5,000 Brits there to give it a bit of a home tie feeling.

Know a couple of guys out there watching and i'm jealous as feck.

If i had made my own way there i would have got decent hospitality thrown in for free :angry:

I P Knightley

The (Pass the) Dutchies in doubles decider with Italy, who have popped Jannick Sinner into their dubs team despite having no track record and Italy having Simone Bolelli (who's been top 10) available. Meanwhile, the Dutch have Koolhof (top 10) but left Rojer (top 20) off the court in favour of Griekspoor who is somewhere round 100 in the doubles ranking. I wonder what the logic is there? Is it that Koolhof and Rojer both prefer to receive in the deuce court or something? 

Anyway, I'm rooting for the Dutchies as I think they'd be an easier oppo should GB win later this evening. 

4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

The (Pass the) Dutchies in doubles decider with Italy, who have popped Jannick Sinner into their dubs team despite having no track record and Italy having Simone Bolelli (who's been top 10) available. Meanwhile, the Dutch have Koolhof (top 10) but left Rojer (top 20) off the court in favour of Griekspoor who is somewhere round 100 in the doubles ranking. I wonder what the logic is there? Is it that Koolhof and Rojer both prefer to receive in the deuce court or something? 

Anyway, I'm rooting for the Dutchies as I think they'd be an easier oppo should GB win later this evening. 

Unlikely now!

At least it will shut some people up for the next few weeks. 

Dont care for the Davis cup since the format was changed. Used to enjoy the matches over a full weekend. I understand why they done it, but for me it just lost its appeal. 

• 1 month later...
JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Read all about it earlier.  Same old shit from him. Can he not show any decency and humilty and acknowledge he lost a match because the opponent was better ? Hes a complete fraud. Never mind 

" these things happen" 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

neilnunb
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Read all about it earlier.  Same old shit from him. Can he not show any decency and humilty and acknowledge he lost a match because the opponent was better ? Hes a complete fraud. 

🤣  had a feeling you'd enjoy that, James. 😁