• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy

Dont poke the bear

https://x.com/pavyg/status/1748690412900851849?s=20

One of the crowd shout "get vaccinated" just when Djokovic was about to serve. 36 year old unvaccinated Djokovic has dominated the tour whilst others have suffered with illness and injuries. Djokovic then smashes an Ace...silence them with excellence.

18 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dont poke the bear

https://x.com/pavyg/status/1748690412900851849?s=20

One of the crowd shout "get vaccinated" just when Djokovic was about to serve. 36 year old unvaccinated Djokovic has dominated the tour whilst others have suffered with illness and injuries. Djokovic then smashes an Ace...silence them with excellence.

This was epic. Well done Nole.

Sad news

Edited by escobri
Added link

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, escobri said:

This was epic. Well done Nole.

Sad news

IMG_7066.jpeg

I P Knightley
22 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Norrie absolutely bottling this 5th set tie-break.

Ach - he's at a good level but has never had the weapons to become really good. He's lost 7 matches on the spin against top 10 ranked players so, barring the odd fluke of a result, I doubt anyone honestly expects him to get into or beyond the QFs at slams. He's inside the top 20 and will probably bounce around there for a while as, apart from a drop in form in the second half of last year, he's generally steady. 

This year, the QFs are made up of 8 of the top 9 ranked players (per the live rankings). The odd one out is Holger Rune. I don't keep records but it must be one of the most "going to seed" tournaments in a very long time. Unlike the wifies - only 2 of the top 8 in the QF draw. 

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Ach - he's at a good level but has never had the weapons to become really good. He's lost 7 matches on the spin against top 10 ranked players so, barring the odd fluke of a result, I doubt anyone honestly expects him to get into or beyond the QFs at slams. He's inside the top 20 and will probably bounce around there for a while as, apart from a drop in form in the second half of last year, he's generally steady. 

This year, the QFs are made up of 8 of the top 9 ranked players (per the live rankings). The odd one out is Holger Rune. I don't keep records but it must be one of the most "going to seed" tournaments in a very long time. Unlike the wifies - only 2 of the top 8 in the QF draw. 

He played well today but just a bit of a letdown in the tiebreaker given how hard he'd worked to get that close.

But yeah, the quarters is pretty stacked. 

JudyJudyJudy

The Goat of men’s tennis praising the Goat of women’s tennis . A beautiful tribute 🙏 

IMG_7090.png

IMG_7091.png

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The Goat of men’s tennis praising the Goat of women’s tennis . A beautiful tribute 🙏 

IMG_7090.png

IMG_7091.png

33 Aus Open wins on the trot is some doing but way behind Martina's record of 47 consecutive wins at Wimblers. 

The semi-final with Sinner should really be something special. 

Alcaraz is taking a pumping off of Zverev: 6-1 and 6-3 pumpings in the first two sets. He'll need to take a bit of inspiration from the JT's last night to come back and win this one. 

Zverev really needs to see this out in 3 sets, especially with Medvedev having been in a 5 setter. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

?

Whats she up to?

Just that time hasn't been kind 😁

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Just that time hasn't been kind 😁

Ah yes.

You perhaps don't know her background of her abusive father (inc body-shaming and beatings when she lost) so it's a miracle she is even here and functioning.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Ah yes.

You perhaps don't know her background of her abusive father (inc body-shaming and beatings when she lost) so it's a miracle she is even here and functioning.

Yeah I do, she resorted to eating excessively. :(

Was a shame about her career as I liked watching her.

Took me a double take to realise it was her doing the courtside interviews.

Nookie Bear
Just now, neilnunb said:

Yeah I do, she resorted to eating excessively. :(

Was a shame about her career as I liked watching her.

Took me a double take to realise it was her doing the courtside interviews.

I didn't recognise her when i saw her last year either.

Tennis parents can be brutal towards their proteges (especially the girls)

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

:pleasing:

Guess the Alcaraz dominance has been delayed 😁

Again ??? 😂😂😂

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

:pleasing:

Guess the Alcaraz dominance has been delayed 😁

From the little I've read about the match, it seems to be as much a case of Zverev playing to the absolute best of his potential as it is of Alco not being at his finest. 

It's good to see that there isn't necessarily going to be that dominance that looked very likely a couple of years ago. Zverev's injury was a serious one and nobody was really betting on him getting back to his best - few players do. If he stays in good form and Sinner & Hubie continue to make progress, with Meddlers always being a threat, then Carlito will not have it all his own way. 

AlimOzturk
4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

From the little I've read about the match, it seems to be as much a case of Zverev playing to the absolute best of his potential as it is of Alco not being at his finest. 

It's good to see that there isn't necessarily going to be that dominance that looked very likely a couple of years ago. Zverev's injury was a serious one and nobody was really betting on him getting back to his best - few players do. If he stays in good form and Sinner & Hubie continue to make progress, with Meddlers always being a threat, then Carlito will not have it all his own way. 

And the very real possibility Djokovic keeps remaining dominant for next 3-4 years. The guys just seems inhuman at times. 

I P Knightley

Jannik Sinner appears to have Novak's number. I'd say it's largely down to him emulating Djokovic in almost everything his does in training, strength & conditioning, etc. Put all that together and take a 14 year head start and you get what we got. 

I P Knightley

Meanwhile, ZedMed has had five breaks of serve in the first set. 33 unforced errors shared between them. Paying tribute to the women's tour - probably in an effort to mitigate any decision made by the court in Z's domestic abuse trial or sump'n. 

Edited by I P Knightley

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Jannik Sinner appears to have Novak's number. I'd say it's largely down to him emulating Djokovic in almost everything his does in training, strength & conditioning, etc. Put all that together and take a 14 year head start and you get what we got. 

Yep . It wasn’t a surprise . Novak played below par this tournament . Age isn’t on his side now . Still the Goat . And it would be great to see Sinner win it . He’s been knocking on the door of a slam for some time now . So this might be the turn of the 

“ Sinner” era . 👍

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Meanwhile, ZedMed has had five breaks of serve in the first set. 33 unforced errors shared between them. Paying tribute to the women's tour - probably in an effort to mitigate any decision made by the court in Z's domestic abuse trial or sump'n. 

Sounds awful .

I P Knightley
39 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sounds awful .

Seems as though Meddlers just isn't at the races on this one. Broken twice in Set 2; Zverev is chucking unforced errors at him but, in between, is coming up with a decent helping of winners. He's blowing between hot & cold whilst Medvedev is just tepid. 

No real shock with Djoko. I think you can see he is struggling with the pace of shots against some of these young players now, even last year despite his 3 Slams it looked it but his experience helps. Maybe my imagination as hard to judge on tv, I guess.

Always good to see someone new win one of the Slams though. Hopefully Sinner can do it. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Seems as though Meddlers just isn't at the races on this one. Broken twice in Set 2; Zverev is chucking unforced errors at him but, in between, is coming up with a decent helping of winners. He's blowing between hot & cold whilst Medvedev is just tepid. 

Zverev slowly choking.

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

No real shock with Djoko. I think you can see he is struggling with the pace of shots against some of these young players now, even last year despite his 3 Slams it looked it but his experience helps. Maybe my imagination as hard to judge on tv, I guess.

Always good to see someone new win one of the Slams though. Hopefully Sinner can do it. 

👍👍

I P Knightley
26 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Zverev slowly choking.

I paid attention to some work after the third set had started. 

Stats suggest that Meddlers has woken up a bit. Two tie-break sets with very evenly matched figures for errors/winners etc. Whether they're playing particularly well, I can't say; but they both seem to be more consistent with Medvedev at a slightly higher standard than the first two sets. 

Jim_Duncan

Great comeback from 0-2 down, to win 3-2. Must have been watching HMFC the other night for inspiration.

Now, all he needs to do is get rid of the green shirt. And what look like Lacoste spats on his plates of meat.

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Great comeback from 0-2 down, to win 3-2. Must have been watching HMFC the other night for inspiration.

Now, all he needs to do is get rid of the green shirt. And what look like Lacoste spats on his plates of meat.

I've just posted something to that effect on Twitter, responding to a pal who'd tweeted about the remarkable turnaround and @ed both Meddlers and the Aus Open. If their media guys are looking at all closely, they'll be asking WTF does "Medvedev's a Jambo" mean!

Nookie Bear

Image-wise probably a good thing Zverev never reached the final. 

Medvedev’s balls though 😮

I P Knightley
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Image-wise probably a good thing Zverev never reached the final. 

Medvedev’s balls though 😮

With Margaret Court watching? That would have had the wokies rattling their jewellery!! :biglaugh:

Bindy Badgy
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Medvedev cruising at the moment. 🫤

orly_owl.jpg

I P Knightley

Meddlers making his own history. The first player to be 2 sets to love up in a grand slam final - twice - and to lose. That and his hair; he has to be feeling bad.

Meanwhile, Sinner reopens the debate of who's the greatest sporting ginger. Probably close between Jannik Sinner and Liam Boyce but some will, no doubt, argue for Ben Stokes out of the cricket.

JudyJudyJudy

Nice to see a fresh face win a slam . Hes a great player . The Med is dead scruffy looking 👀 

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Nice to see a fresh face win a slam . Hes a great player . The Med is dead scruffy looking 👀 

As a naturally scruffy-looking person, I say "Scruffs of the world, untie!"