Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I P Knightley

You forget how good a tournament this is. 

Apart from the Tshittypants retirement, there's only been two sets won by a double break. Lots of close matches, long rallies and some tremendous hitting. 

Doubles is usually a tighter affair with fewer breaks of serve but the matches are still worth watching. Today's dubs match went to 15-13 in the tiebreak decider. 

Shits his pants has probably cost Novak qualification. Knew he wasn't healthy and gifts Rune a walkover. Instead of pulling out and letting Hurkacz play Rune. Still another year end number 1 though.

rudi must stay

I loved Andy Murray due to his work ethic and in Sinner I see similarities, they just push themselves they are perfectionists. I like Rune too he is a pleasant guy and a competitor, Boris will improve him 

Jeffros Furios
Just now, rudi must stay said:

I loved Andy Murray due to his work ethic and in Sinner I see similarities, they just push themselves they are perfectionists. I like Rune too he is a pleasant guy and a competitor, Boris will improve him 

Sinner will fancy his chances at one of the majors  next year .. Rune is a bit of a bairn ..

His tantrum in the 3rd set was embarrassing. 

rudi must stay
Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

Sinner will fancy his chances at one of the majors  next year .. Rune is a bit of a bairn ..

His tantrum in the 3rd set was embarrassing. 

As they said he was using up his energy. I think part of it is confidence a big win will help him he has all the shots

Yes Sinner has now fully arrived on the scene I feel . He’s a major threat to various top players . In fact I think he might win this. I wouldn’t be too unhappy if he did . He’s an exciting methodical player 

10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

An exciting methodical player.  Is that an actual thing?

I’m not in the mood the day ! 😎

IMG_6363.jpeg

11 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Not sure many would agree Rune is pleasant - by all accounts he is a bit of a spoiled brat - but he is a cracking player and competitor. Love it when players noise up a partisan crowd!

His mistake last night was being thrown by an opponent's injury and trying to change his game too much to exploit it. Seemed to lose focus, rush the net too often and generally lose patience.

Oh, and every opponent he faces now will be returning serves right at his feet.

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not sure many would agree Rune is pleasant - by all accounts he is a bit of a spoiled brat - but he is a cracking player and competitor. Love it when players noise up a partisan crowd!

His mistake last night was being thrown by an opponent's injury and trying to change his game too much to exploit it. Seemed to lose focus, rush the net too often and generally lose patience.

Oh, and every opponent he faces now will be returning serves right at his feet.

Yes he’s a moody wee Sod but likeable enough . He looks like a spoilt teenager too 😂 he makes Andy Murray seem a barrel of laughs..! But he’s an exciting young talent like Sinner and Carlos so the future of tennis is bright once the king departs 

rudi must stay

I think its quite positive. Youre starting to see players that are just not up for it some days, which you never see from the big 3. I think it tells you that the money on offer is very generous 

I P Knightley
34 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think its quite positive. Youre starting to see players that are just not up for it some days, which you never see from the big 3. I think it tells you that the money on offer is very generous 

$390,000 for each match won in the round robin stage. However, I think that Sinner's motivation, with the Italian crowd behind him, was a little more than just that bit of pocket money.

There's a further $1,105,000 for winning a semi-final and then $2,201,000 for winning the final.

On top of that, they have an appearance fee of $325,500 if they play in three round robin matches. 

If Sinner were to go on and win the thing, he'd be bagging $4.8million for this week's work. 5 matches. A maximum of 14 sets.

To put it in perspective, they get something like $2.8million for winning a Grand Slam event, which is seven matches and a minimum of 21 sets. 

Tshittypants will have got £244,125 for his two times on court - I don't think they penalise a retirement after three games. Had he stepped aside before that match, he'd have been on $162,750 - only! 

8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Alcaraz v Djoko and Medvedev v Sinner in the semis then. 🙂

The seeding got it bang on. Be nice end to year to see Carlos v Dokey.  Sinner through i final i feel. 

I P Knightley
17 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

The commentator lady is quite funny actually

Dani Hantuchova? I like her a lot but never had her marked down as a funster.

If you mean the chubby blonde presenter, then I'm going to have to disagree with you. I've got real beef with her.

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Dani Hantuchova? I like her a lot but never had her marked down as a funster.

If you mean the chubby blonde presenter, then I'm going to have to disagree with you. I've got real beef with her.

Ye meant the chubby lady 

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Medvedev is using the force on his backhand 

Sinner has terrific passing shots on the run 🏃‍♀️ 

rudi must stay
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

I like him 

I don't think the being a jerk putting it kindly is an act. He is disrespectful to every opponent and that puts me off him 

I P Knightley
14 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I don't think the being a jerk putting it kindly is an act. He is disrespectful to every opponent and that puts me off him 

He's hard to like or, even, to understand. I think he tries to be a nice guy but doesn't know how to, what with being a nasty Russian and all that. His hairstyle doesn't help. I can't put my finger on it. He's not even that exciting a player. I wish he'd step forward to the baseline to receive a few second serves, just to give Sinner something to think about.

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He's hard to like or, even, to understand. I think he tries to be a nice guy but doesn't know how to, what with being a nasty Russian and all that. His hairstyle doesn't help. I can't put my finger on it. He's not even that exciting a player. I wish he'd step forward to the baseline to receive a few second serves, just to give Sinner something to think about.

He seems to go the same fashion school / barbers as misery guts Murray 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Needs ABIT of media training

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He seems to go the same fashion school / barbers as misery guts Murray 

He's similar to Murray. Rarely goes for winners

Edited by rudi must stay

rudi must stay
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Wow that down the line shot !!

I love his forehand it goes deep, always gives him the upper hand in points 

9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Flipping heck over £100 million in earnings for Novak