• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Thought you'd be pleased 🤣

Nowt against him really . It’s more his cocky “ team “ behind him . 

btw how does the tournament play out ? Is it a round robin ? 

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

that big a fan of him you dont understand how this tournament works?

Alcaraz form since Wimbledon has been worrying. Can only think that winning that took alot out of him, but its now 4 months later. 

Just now, Rudi Skacel said:

that big a fan of him you dont understand how this tournament works?

Alcaraz form since Wimbledon has been worrying. Can only think that winning that took alot out of him, but its now 4 months later. 

Yes I am asking if this tournament is a round robin ? What’s up with that ? Anyway it wasn’t to you . “ a lot out of him “ ? He’s 20 years old ! Novak is 36 

7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

2 groups of 4, play each other. Top two from each group then go forward to the semi-finals.

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

2 groups of 4, play each other. Top two from each group then go forward to the semi-finals.

Thanks for that explanation. 👍 

23 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I am asking if this tournament is a round robin ? What’s up with that ? Anyway it wasn’t to you . “ a lot out of him “ ? He’s 20 years old ! Novak is 36 

Seen it a few times when players achieve something massive. Look at 2016 for example. 

I just figured that since your such a big fan you would know how the tournament worked considering your hero has won it many a time. 

Edited by Rudi Skacel

4 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Seen it a few times when players achieve something massive. Look at 2016 for example. 

I just figured that since your such a big fan you would know how the tournament worked considering your hero has won it many a time. 

Never watched it before as I didn’t have the tennis channel . I have it now so been watching it . 

4 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Oh well then. Just trying for bites alot. Fair enough. 

Bad Monday ? 

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Medvedev v Rublev starting on prime

I’ll Give that one a miss . Masterchef on later 👍

12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Can't miss that 

I watched Alcaraz earlier and Novak yesterday 

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Medvedev is a wonderful player in full flight very talented 

Yes I like his dead pan humour and personality 

Medvedev is a great player. Has a wierd record of never having won the same tournament twice. I was supposed to be at the final he won in 2020 but obv covid put paid to that. 

loved my weekend in london. Went to the final 5 years in a row. Hope it comes back to the o2 soon. 

I P Knightley
10 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Medvedev is a great player. Has a wierd record of never having won the same tournament twice. I was supposed to be at the final he won in 2020 but obv covid put paid to that. 

loved my weekend in london. Went to the final 5 years in a row. Hope it comes back to the o2 soon. 

I strongly doubt it will ever be back in London. The oil states in the middle east have their eyes on it for a bit more sports-washing. They (Saudis, I think) were after the women's equivalent event for this year but it fell through. I don't know the details of why but suspect it was down to the incompetents running the WTA rather than any stance taken about holding the event in a place that treats women so badly. I'm a bit tempted to see whether I can make a trip out to Turin for a couple of days next year - I enjoy the format. 

As for Alcaraz; he's recovering from injury so still some way short of his best. Zverev is further along the path to recovery. It was a super match between them yesterday. Not a tremendous amount between them and both won some fantastic points. Zverev was able to knuckle down better, though, and if he keeps up his form will be a dangerous opponent for anyone. There were also a couple of good moments of sportsmanship between the two of them. One when Carlito guessed wrongly at a Zverev smash and took a 'sair yin' in the bahookie, another when Zverev took a nasty slip chasing a ball out wide and Carlito was round the net to check on him. 

Barring any aggravation to his injuries, Carlito will be back and, in 15 years time, when he's looking back at having taken Djoko's records off him, can someone track me down in my old folks' home and remind me to say, "told you so!" to JJJ? :D 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How’s Fraducanu’s brand partnership career going?

Somewhat stalled.

But nobody wins a Grand Slam by fraud, she has just had bad luck with injuries since then and (i still feel, despite what she has said) made some poor management decisions since.

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I strongly doubt it will ever be back in London. The oil states in the middle east have their eyes on it for a bit more sports-washing. They (Saudis, I think) were after the women's equivalent event for this year but it fell through. I don't know the details of why but suspect it was down to the incompetents running the WTA rather than any stance taken about holding the event in a place that treats women so badly. I'm a bit tempted to see whether I can make a trip out to Turin for a couple of days next year - I enjoy the format. 

As for Alcaraz; he's recovering from injury so still some way short of his best. Zverev is further along the path to recovery. It was a super match between them yesterday. Not a tremendous amount between them and both won some fantastic points. Zverev was able to knuckle down better, though, and if he keeps up his form will be a dangerous opponent for anyone. There were also a couple of good moments of sportsmanship between the two of them. One when Carlito guessed wrongly at a Zverev smash and took a 'sair yin' in the bahookie, another when Zverev took a nasty slip chasing a ball out wide and Carlito was round the net to check on him. 

Barring any aggravation to his injuries, Carlito will be back and, in 15 years time, when he's looking back at having taken Djoko's records off him, can someone track me down in my old folks' home and remind me to say, "told you so!" to JJJ? :D 

The Saudis almost got the WTA finals and probably will grab it going forward. Then go after the men's game.

It will probably happen simply because the players will see the $$$. Whilst they may protest over civil rights they are going there to do a job for a week or two, then leave. Even those who lead a lifestyle outlawed by the state will be there to work - it's not a romantic getaway.

Unfortunately it just means more money for the top 100 with nothing filtering down to the top 500 who are running on fumes.

Edited by Nookie Bear

34 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Unfortunately it just means more money for the top 100 with nothing filtering down to the top 500 who are running on fumes.

The ATP are trialling a minimum wage from next year, but that's only going to cover the top 250 in the rankings, and from the press release below it seems they expect only about 30-45 players will qualify to be covered by it. You'd hope they would extend that eventually to cover lower down the rankings as, unless players have their own (or family's) money or backing, it's hard to compete on the tour. It's still a privileged game that only those with money can afford to try to make a career out of.

https://www.reuters.com/sports/tennis/atp-trial-minimum-wage-initiative-2024-2023-08-23/#:~:text=For 2024%2C the levels are,and 250th in the world.

6 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

e down in my old folks' home and remind me to say, "told you so!" to JJJ? :D 

Not if im on duty at the old folks home. 😮 

image-23-10-21-07-07 (1).jpeg

I P Knightley

Tshittypants withdrew from his match against RuneorRuud this afternoon after only 3 games. Clearly in some discomfort but the cat-calling from the Turin crowd was awesome!

I get it - I know what these tickets can cost but they probably gave the doubles match a miss so, tought titties.

32 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I've seen enough of Jannik Sinner to predict very comfortably that he will win grand slams 

Yes he’s very good . A future slammer 

5 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Tshittypants withdrew from his match against RuneorRuud this afternoon after only 3 games. Clearly in some discomfort but the cat-calling from the Turin crowd was awesome!

I get it - I know what these tickets can cost but they probably gave the doubles match a miss so, tought titties.

Iv been to many a WTF match to know the feeling. I feel for the crowd. You buy the tickets for the singles match not the doubles match. 

anyway at least the fake djokovic supporters who dont understand will now think he is out. 

3 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Iv been to many a WTF match to know the feeling. I feel for the crowd. You buy the tickets for the singles match not the doubles match. 

anyway at least the fake djokovic supporters who dont understand will now think he is out. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂 

I P Knightley
12 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Iv been to many a WTF match to know the feeling. I feel for the crowd. You buy the tickets for the singles match not the doubles match

Not me! I aim to squeeze every last penny of value out of my tickets. 

Doubles is an odd one. If you're a tennis player over the age of about 30, the chances are that you'll play doubles much more often than you play singles. So why not show an interest in that format of the sport at the highest level. It's like being a massive fan of F1 racing but showing no interest at all in saloon car racing, where they're belting round the track in your Vauxhall Astra. 

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

That was rubbish from Zverev needs a new coach needs to go back to the drawing board with his game 

Did he choke ? 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Messed up a lot of shots when he had the upper hand in rallies 

Ok thanks . 👍 he is very unpredictable 

25 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Djokovic on 

Herbie is a dangerous floater . He has nearly beat Dokey a few times , mind you so have so many others , nearly ! 

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Herbie is a dangerous floater . He has nearly beat Dokey a few times , mind you so have so many others , nearly ! 

To me Djokovic seems beatable today