Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta

Forever Hearts

55 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Who's talking about race, religion or politics?

I'm talking about dirty rangers fans, what are you talking about?

Huns is an interesting term its sort of been forced into this “abusive term” although Tim is to most of those offended by it an acceptable term. 

This is quite an amusing but interesting piece about it where im sure they discuss both sides of the old firm using it against Pakistani entertainers or something

https://www.irishpost.com/news/what-does-the-word-hun-mean-and-what-is-its-place-in-todays-society-91001

Edited by sadj
Wasnt doing justice to a balanced article

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

• Last Laff

• Unknown user

41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

as I said, not interested in the official definition . In everyday life in Scotland it’s clear as day the context in which it is used. 

I just don’t like it and don’t think it should be used any more than the equivalent words 

just my opinion

You can’t jump up and down but ignore the fact it seems to have no origin and Rangers fans have in the past used it too. Add to that it wasnt something used to claim offense until prob the last twenty years. Does that make it right or not 🤷🏻‍♂️ Open for debate really. 

Tommy Brown

As much as I see our blue noses getting it tight. I will get back to Lafferty.

Wasnt a lover first time round, but he scored two of best that season, although one ended up pretty meaningless. He can score and has prooved again with Killie.

Age 34? Big deal 

Brainless? Yip. Thats for a strong manager to deal with.

No sell on?  We have already made money on him, one year deal. Does well he might get another. 

Was looking up Barrie Mackay and seen Swansea have offerered Routeledge a 2 yr deal at 37. Swans arent happy though😀

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

You don’t think the term “hun” has broader meaning than being a rangers fan? Maybe you are not a bigot then. Not the sharpest but maybe not a bigot 

ps I’m not interested in having a debate on the actual meaning, clear as day it is used as a derogatory term for rangers fans, prodestants and people who rightly or wrongly value their British identity.

it’s unacceptable imo. 

when did you last hear someone who was pro union called a hun in those terms? 🙈 thats a bigger stretch than anything iv read about us signing Hleb! Id also say outside of a sectarian outlook on life most dont recognise the word as that either. Its either a Rangers or German word to highlight who you are speaking about but not derisory. 

Edited by sadj

Would give the hun a one year deal although not bothered. I bet he was on a decent enough wedge there hence he's offski.

Edited by JackLadd

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

see earlier , and no I’m not interested in playing that game. 

I think everyone on here knows the broader definition official or not, whether you agree with it or whether those using it mean it that way only they will know. 

in the bygone years when sectarianism was very widespread amongst the hearts support it must have been a difficult time for a section of the hearts support

things have massively improved but are still not perfect and those wounds from the past understandably still run deep - therapy/retribution through the medium of hun-calling - the combination of that and hopefully feeling a lot more welcome supporting their own club - that’s fine by me for one

however contrary to one poster’s experience tho - the rangers fans I know find the hun stuff and sevco stuff amusing rather than annoying especially now they’re back at the top of the league - their hun protestations (no pun intended) just being a bargaining chip in their on-going battle with the only other team they give a rats-ass about, Celtic (other than Hamburg, Chelsea, Linfield etc)

no chance lafferty’s coming back unfortunately - if we do well even the pro-laffertys will forget if we struggle there will be a new thread every time he scores for Motherwell or whoever :lol:

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

As much as I see our blue noses getting it tight. I will get back to Lafferty.

Wasnt a lover first time round, but he scored two of best that season, although one ended up pretty meaningless. He can score and has prooved again with Killie.

Age 34? Big deal 

Brainless? Yip. Thats for a strong manager to deal with.

No sell on?  We have already made money on him, one year deal. Does well he might get another. 

Was looking up Barrie Mackay and seen Swansea have offerered Routeledge a 2 yr deal at 37. Swans arent happy though😀

I didn’t mind him first time but iv also personal reasons for that. My question which i asked one of our blue noses is.

Can he be an effective player in a team where we are looking to play as a team and not rely on someone doing what he did for us and has done for Killie and score a lot but because he has had to thanks to being in a team that can’t create or score a lot as a unit. 

His two purple patches have been imo in teams which don’t create hence my comment above aBout his goal at Parkhead. 

I'd be amazed if he was even under consideration by Budge/Neilson.

Neilson, it would appear, has little respect amongst the squad. The dire performances, the rumoured Savage pep talk; it's difficult to imagine any big personality, or any footballer worth having, would sign up for our dynamic owner, head coach double act.

Not necessarily saying that we should sign Lafferty but, while our signing options are hamstrung by those currently making such decisions, Hearts are going nowhere.

Imo.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

I'd be amazed if he was even under consideration by Budge/Neilson.

Neilson, it would appear, has little respect amongst the squad. The dire performances, the rumoured Savage pep talk; it's difficult to imagine any big personality, or any footballer worth having, would sign up for our dynamic owner, head coach double act.

Not necessarily saying that we should sign Lafferty but, while our signing options are hamstrung by those currently making such decisions, Hearts are going nowhere.

Imo.

is that an opinion based on anything other than your own personal thoughts Martoon?

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, sadj said:

I didn’t mind him first time but iv also personal reasons for that. My question which i asked one of our blue noses is.

Can he be an effective player in a team where we are looking to play as a team and not rely on someone doing what he did for us and has done for Killie and score a lot but because he has had to thanks to being in a team that can’t create or score a lot as a unit. 

His two purple patches have been imo in teams which don’t create hence my comment above aBout his goal at Parkhead. 

For me the 1-0 v Celtic strike was a Rudi-esque thing of beauty and match winner to boot. His one in the 4-0 was another past a top keeper. Obviously  the Murrayfield free kick, was the best dead ball strikes ever for Hearts player, sadly meant nothing in end, but had put us ahead.

Never think of Parkhead one before those 3.

Savage Vince
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

as I said, not interested in the official definition . In everyday life in Scotland it’s clear as day the context in which it is used. 

I just don’t like it and don’t think it should be used any more than the equivalent words 

just my opinion

I've only ever heard the term Hun used to describe them. I first heard in the 70s and throughout the 80s and 90s i knew loads of Rangers fans and noone was bothered by it. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

is that an opinion based on anything other than your own personal thoughts Martoon?

My own personal thoughts are all I have.

I'm not ITK, never said I was, but, I do have my ear to the ground with the thoughts, beliefs, and yes, rumours, that circulate amongst fellow Hearts supporters.

What's your opinion based on?

27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

see earlier , and no I’m not interested in playing that game. 

I think everyone on here knows the broader definition official or not, whether you agree with it or whether those using it mean it that way only they will know. 

As I said it means a Rangers fan to me, and I'm not being faux naive to make a point. Presumably your alternative meaning is either political,  religious or both.

Whatever, I won't be stopping using it and if folk want to clutch their pearls, that's their prerogative.

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

My own personal thoughts are all I have.

I'm not ITK, never said I was, but, I do have my ear to the ground with the thoughts, beliefs, and yes, rumours, that circulate amongst fellow Hearts supporters.

What's your opinion based on?

Just stuff I hear from in the club or in football circles pal. Wasn’t having a go just was curious.

5 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I've only ever heard the term Hun used to describe them. I first heard in the 70s and throughout the 80s and 90s i knew loads of Rangers fans and noone was bothered by it. 

Celtic sang to us the wee huns are shite 

ive been called diet hun, wee huns and orange bs

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Celtic sang to us the wee huns are shite 

ive been called diet hun, wee huns and orange bs

Yeah I hate that link people make between us and the rangers, it's one of the reasons I'm particularly keen we're distanced from them as much as possible

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
Just now, fancy a brew said:

Of yore? 

:brucey:

:lol: - yeah I spotted that too - probably should have taken it out

BRAVEHEART1874

Yass a good sevco/hun debate going on here. Where are the other 2 bowmans bo.. and trig... ?  not here anymore too support the  residents ;)

Sign laff aye for 1 year for the goals then the pensioner will beofski to his sevco colts team :) But can't see it if we are maybe using naismith as a striker option. 

Edited by BRAVEHEART1874

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

You don’t think the term “hun” has broader meaning than being a rangers fan? Maybe you are not a bigot then. Not the sharpest but maybe not a bigot 

ps I’m not interested in having a debate on the actual meaning, clear as day it is used as a derogatory term for rangers fans, prodestants and people who rightly or wrongly value their British identity.

it’s unacceptable imo. 

You tell hi. he’s “not the sharpest” but then use the word prodestants. Seriously? 

I’d offer him a 6 month deal. 

He’s the sort of striker you need to keep hungry or he’ll stop performing. 

We won’t though because Budge. 

Dont usually like re-signing players but we should at least have a look at him imo,

I'm actually coming round to the idea of taking him on a 1 year contract on sensible money, he did very well in a shite kilmarnock team, would be a good option to have, even if its just off the bench.

Forever Hearts
13 hours ago, westbow said:

Hate it when they don't celebrate though, when did that become a thing? I get Denis Law when he relegated Man Utd, but not celebrating is more disrespectful to your own club surely.

Which didn't happen.  

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Which didn't happen.  

I thought he scored the goal for man City that relegated man u did he not?

Tommy Brown
9 minutes ago, brux said:

Dont bother arguing back, he is technically right.

We all seen it at the time, though.

Edit

https://www.goal.com/en/news/mythbuster-denis-law-relegated-manchester-united/1ncacsocj8mo31bt1pkngtbvlf

Edited by Tommy Brown

17 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

That's maybe a fair point.

Still wont accept him being an Aberdeen player. I'd far rather go with the youth players

Or hatchet men who snatch young players legs. You love to celebrate that, and your mob are probably the only mob in Scotland who celebrate the Govan disaster. So don't give us your Holier Than Thou routine. 

You shag sheep after all. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, brux said:

No, it's another footballing myth. His goal made no difference whatsoever. 

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yeah I hate that link people make between us and the rangers, it's one of the reasons I'm particularly keen we're distanced from them as much as possible

My thoughts exactly

Tommy Brown
25 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nothing "technically" involved. His goal didn't relegate Manchester United.  

Were you around at the time?

Law himself felt he had relegated them.

But, for another thread, this is  Kyle Lafferty .

We need players that can score plenty, Hibs finished 3rd largely on the back of their front 3 scoring 40+ between them. Boyce has an impossible job trying to match that alone, the rest of the squad will get low single figures. We need more than 1 striker that will get double figures, for about the 3rd transfer window it's an obvious signing we should make. 

BackOfTheNet

I think the way this thread has gone has shown one of the reasons why we shouldn’t sign Lafferty.

I’ll be the first to admit at being shocked by his Kilmarnock form, still don’t think it would’ve made sense to sign him last season as has been proven the correct decision. This summer? Positives: scored a lot for us before, scored a lot for Kilmarnock season just gone. So maybe this is a league that suits him.

Negatives: is a one man show. When he does well the team don’t necessarily do well as a whole (as our season with him as top goal scorer and Kilmarnock’s relegation show) His man management requirements are not something I think Neilson is up to, would have to rely heavily on McCulloch maybe. His age is also a negative.

So considering all the above - and my opinion that we have two forwards that are better for the team already (three counting an in form Naismith) it’s a no from me. We can - and should - aim higher.

Nessjambo67
21 hours ago, kila said:

Not that fussed to be honest, he'll be 34 come the new season... plus having him and Halliday constantly kissing Rangers' arse would be irritating.

Focus on younger players please.

Good point I can’t disagree with you there I understand you can’t help where your allegiance lies I get that they are rangers fans but what boils ma Pi## was the nonsense in the cup final with Scott brown Halliday and Naismith getting involved with him no wonder we were 2 down . We are Hearts not the OF !!

5 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Good point I can’t disagree with you there I understand you can’t help where your allegiance lies I get that they are rangers fans but what boils ma Pi## was the nonsense in the cup final with Scott brown Halliday and Naismith getting involved with him no wonder we were 2 down . We are Hearts not the OF !!

Well said. 

BackOfTheNet
21 minutes ago, sassenach said:

While Lafferty was doing well for us we were top of the league, were we not?  The wheels fell of when he left and Souttar got injured.

I wouldn't have Lafferty back now though, time to build for the future.

No the season he scored 19 (12 in the league) we barely finished top 6. We were top for a while the following season, although he played a couple of games most memorably scoring the volley against Celtic. But we were top for months after he left before all the injuries piled up.

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Thanks for putting me straight, we did indeed remain top for a fair while after Lafferty left.  I think the performances started to dip at about the same time though, and most of us knew it wasn't going to last.

His last game for us was August 11th (the Celtic game), we went and remained top until November. 

Forever Hearts
56 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Were you around at the time?

Law himself felt he had relegated them.

But, for another thread, this is  Kyle Lafferty .

I was born at the time, yes. Whether he felt like he had relegated them is neither here nor there. He didn't.  

12 hours ago, Costanza said:

😄 I had an image there of Lafferty going round asking folk to refer to him as The Duke. Did make me laugh 

😁He probably did if he read kickback and inherited the moniker🤪.

No Idle Talk
22 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Away to Motherwell supposedly.

Hopefully. Then we can stop talking about it.

Bazzas right boot

No from me, but if he did come I'm sure he'd provide us with a few good moments and " Do a job" for a year. 

The issue with Lafferty is although he had a few good games and scored a good amount for us he had double the amount of piss poor games. 

His overall game imo was a bit of a disappointment along with his  consistency but the quality of the goals he scored was Suprisingly good. 

Boyce is better, we have Gnando and hopefully can sign a better, maybe younger all round striker. 

If he wasn't such a Fart head and a bit younger I'd say he was worth the risk, but as it is-no. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

MOTHERWELL have offered Kyle Lafferty the chance to stay in the Premiership.

The Northern Ireland international striker has knocked back a contract offer to stay with relegated Kilmarnock and is a tempting free agent for a number of Scottish, English and European clubs.

Kyle Lafferty and Kirk Broadfoot will leave Killie
Kyle Lafferty and Kirk Broadfoot will leave Killie

But SunSport understands Well boss Graham Alexander has moved quickly to put the Steelmen at the forefront of the 33-year-old’s thinking.

Lafferty has devastated Killie fans with his decision after making it clear before the fateful play-off game against Dundee that he was prepared to remain at Rugby Park even if the Ayrshire side dropped into the second tier.

Now, however, the 81-times capped star has walked away from Killie after failing to agree terms with Tommy Wright to extend his short-term contract.

Lafferty hit 13 goals in as many games, including one in the home second leg against Dundee, which KIllie lost 2-1 to plunge into the Championship.

BETTING SPECIAL - BACK SCOTLAND AT HUGE 60/1 ODDS BOOST TO WIN OPENING MATCH AGAINST CZECH REPUBLIC

Northern Ireland striker Lafferty
Northern Ireland striker Lafferty

He later addressed angry supporters outside the ground to express his sorrow at relegation and apologise to them.

Boss Wright was anxious to secure Lafferty for next season’s bid to get Killie back up at the first time of asking.

But now Lafferty’s fellow Northern Irishman will turn his attentions to other striker options as he rebuilds his squad.

Alexander and Lafferty were Burnley team-mates in the 2007-08 season.

WIN £50,000 with Dream Team Euros

DREAM-TEAM-JOHN-MCGINN-THE-SUN.jpg?strip

Dream Team Euros is HERE!

The best fantasy football game to accompany Euro 2020 has arrived.

And you can play absolutely FREE for your chance to win the £50,000 jackpot.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR FREE!

Dream Team Euros

• £50,000 jackpot
  • The best fantasy football game this summer
  • Play in mini-leagues against your mates, colleagues, family members - and some hand-picked celebrities
  • FREE to play

Much-travelled Lafferty’s end-of-season form has made him an attractive transfer option.

Over 16 years, he’s starred for Burnley, Rangers twice, Sion, Palermo, Norwich City, Rizespor, Birmingham City, Hearts, Sarpsborg, Sunderland and Reggina.

Now he could be bound for Motherwell, who released striker Chris Long and have also been linked with a move to bring back Louis Moult.

LAF OFF Kyle Lafferty leads Kilmarnock exodus as four first team stars leave Rugby Park following relegation

Veteran defender Kirk Broadfoot and forwards Greg Kiltie and Mitch Pinnock will also leave Rugby Park.

Ex-Rangers stopper Broadfoot was in his second spell at the Ayrshire club after walking out on former boss Angelo Alessio to sign for St Mirren in 2019.

But he lasted only a few months with the Buddies before returning to Killie to play for Alex Dyer.

• davemclaren changed the title to Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta