The Royal family

HartleyLegend3

38 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:bravo:

Remember though, they launch ships too.

Don't forget the ship launching.

Not much fun having virtually every hour of your life planned out for you, any word, any action pored over in minute detail.  Having to smile & wave and make polite chit-chat even if you can’t be arsed.

So why do it?  Because as far as the queen, at least, is concerned is because she sees it as her duty.  An old-fashioned concept, to be sure, but it’s what she promised to do 70 years ago and she’s still doing it.

I’ve little doubt she’d much rather have been just a posh old wifie running a stables somewhere and not have lived her life under a microscope, but them’s the breaks.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FWJ

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• A Boy Named Crow

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

Pretty sure they’d be cringing themselves, but they do what they’re told (by and large) - at least the ones that matter do - when it comes to carrying out state duties.  And I’d say they do it pretty well.

Who are these people who tell them what to do?

The Real Maroonblood
38 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Probably Thomas Cook Holidays. 

In the near future the Queen will die and You-Know-Who and his You-Know-What will become King and Queen.

The people who already dislike the Windsors will have reason to dislike them even more.  But what about everyone else? 

Will any current supporters of the monarchy jump ship? 

Will the English people erupt in their usual ecstasy over a coronation?

Will the large Commonwealth countries say "Nah, asking us to swear allegiance to adulterers is one ask too many."

I think most Canadians will react with "Who? Whatever."  

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

In the near future the Queen will die and You-Know-Who and his You-Know-What will become King and Queen.

Just to be clear are we talking about Charles here? I remember seeing something about him stepping aside but I pay zero attention to this stuff

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Just to be clear are we talking about Charles here? I remember seeing something about him stepping aside but I pay zero attention to this stuff

Yes, I'm referring to Charles and Camilla.

There was talk some time ago about Charles stepping aside for William, but the Queen knocked that idea on the head when she stated that when Charles becomes King she wants Camilla to be recognised as Queen consort.

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I done State duties for them at Buckingham, St James Palaces, got told by many what to do. Sometimes not to politely.😇💂‍♂️ 

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

There was talk some time ago about Charles stepping aside for William, but the Queen knocked that idea on the head when she stated that when Charles becomes King she wants Camilla to be recognised as Queen consort.

I picture Harry Enfield when I think of him now, they won't get loads of respect

4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

George will be his King name.

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

George will be his King name.

That always struck me as odd. If Charles has bad connotations for a king, why call the future king that?

Charlie is about the same age as my uncle, my grandparents gave my uncle one name, but always called him by another name 'to avoid confusion"...maybe folks back then just liked messing about other folks???

A Boy Named Crow
9 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I don't think anyone tells them what to do. It's her bloody country, and everyone else can just **** off...seems to be the vibe!

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/queen-and-prince-andrews-memorial-service-entrance-was-a-mistake/news-story/67edf5f898b0911349d4bd7a323db18f

"Can I go and talk to the girl over ther..."

"NO, you will sit down beside mummy because of your behaviour:

"I just want to..."

"I want doesnt get anymore for you, now sit down you disgusting little boy"

"Will there still be swan for tea?"

"......yes, there will still be swan"

The Mighty Thor
9 hours ago, FWJ said:

The Foreign Office in this case

Ah, the old 'it's someone else's fault' routine. Get's you out of a lot of shit that does!

So see when William and his bint came to Scotland on their special Royal train (it really is the only way to travel) and donned the tartan scarves and 'see you jimmy' bunnets was that the Home Office?

What about when Andrew was fiddling bairns across the globe? Was that a Foreign Office and Department of Education collaboration?

Gies peace!

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Ah, the old 'it's someone else's fault' routine. Get's you out of a lot of shit that does!

So see when William and his bint came to Scotland on their special Royal train (it really is the only way to travel) and donned the tartan scarves and 'see you jimmy' bunnets was that the Home Office?

What about when Andrew was fiddling bairns across the globe? Was that a Foreign Office and Department of Education collaboration?

Gies peace!

Sometimes it is someone else’s fault.  I’ve little doubt if they did their own thing and didn’t follow advice they’d get pelters too.

I don’t know about their Scottish trip, I’m not that interested, but if they were involved in official business then, yes, I suppose it would be the Home Office or maybe the Scottish Office (if that’s still a thing) or the Scottish Government in tandem with the councils / organisations they were visiting.

Edited by FWJ

An independent Scotland will become a Republic. The days of these ***** and the Lords will be gone.

Edited by ri Alban

jack D and coke

Happily she heavily involved the nonce yesterday. Wonderful…😊

45AD5ACE-B35A-4F9C-A036-0BB82B0B8C46.jpeg
She gets told what to do?

Edited by jack D and coke

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Home Office. 

:fonzie:

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

An independent Scotland will become a Republic. The days of these ***** and the Lords will be gone.

Do you wake up every morning with a semi, slavering over freeeeedum :lol:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9527ecf7ee66230b6051

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

She gets told what to do?

Yup, I’d say this was a big mis-step for her to make.  Not sure who organised it, but an error none the less (and it would seem the others in the family thought so too)

Edited by FWJ

24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who would you have as head of state?  A figurehead President or an executive one, like the US?

It would appear that the people are not “on their knees” at all if they can make choices like that.

I can think of quite a few republics where this would not be tolerated.  

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Who would you have as head of state?  A figurehead President or an executive one, like the US?

Similar to Ireland's would be the most obvious.

John Findlay
12 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Westminster Parliament since Oliver Cromwell's time.

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Cant wait for the street party in June 

638CC537-EB47-4084-BAFD-123E60676277.jpeg

Well, when you say street party it’s really just you sitting outside your gate on the pavement at the coffee table you dragged out the house. Waving your little flag and necking half pints of sherry. 

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well, when you say street party it’s really just you sitting outside your gate on the pavement at the coffee table you dragged out the house. Waving your little flag and necking half pints of sherry. 

Something like this possibly?

1911F053-DB4E-4071-9221-7233420CD58C.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Similar to Ireland's would be the most obvious.

It is certainly an option, but the problem is that most candidates have some political baggage associated with them.  There’s also the problem of getting people to actually vote, especially if the office was purely ceremonial. How many would complain about the legitimacy of the position and office-holder if only a small percentage of the population voted?  How many would complain about the cost of the regular elections?

Of course there’s no legitimacy to a monarchy but how much better is an elected head of state?

As I say, I’m not hugely exercised by it, but if it ain’t broke, why fix it?

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, FWJ said:

It would destroy Rangers fans so for that reason I’m all in😀

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It would destroy Rangers fans so for that reason I’m all in😀

Probably the best argument I’ve heard for it….  🤣

She's clearly just sticking two fingers up at us peasants. How dare we attack one of their own. Don't we know they have carte blanch to do whatever they please?

Come on Putin...surely you have two guys who want to visit Buckingham Palace. It's much grander than Salisbury cathedral.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The Union of the Crowns predates the Act of Union and the SNP would keep the Queen as Head of state so not sure that independence is going to change much.

Obviously it should be abolished but there are too many half wits who think a family born into wealth and privilege is acceptable in a democracy.

Japan Jambo

On a human level - man takes mum to dad's memorial service...

Whatever the views on the Royalty as an institution and the role Andy should play going forward we are talking about a memorial service to honour a man having passed.

2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

On a human level - man takes mum to dad's memorial service...

Whatever the views on the Royalty as an institution and the role Andy should play going forward we are talking about a memorial service to honour a man having passed.

Of course but there were choices. Could have been any of the other weans for instance, but she chose the nonce. It's not a meaningless gesture surely?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

It is certainly an option, but the problem is that most candidates have some political baggage associated with them.  There’s also the problem of getting people to actually vote, especially if the office was purely ceremonial. How many would complain about the legitimacy of the position and office-holder if only a small percentage of the population voted?  How many would complain about the cost of the regular elections?

Of course there’s no legitimacy to a monarchy but how much better is an elected head of state?

As long as the queen and her scrounging family lobby the government, they're political, IMO. We should get rid of every last one of them, make sure they can never return (I'm aware of what this entails), and become a republic, with an elected president.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
13 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Of course but there were choices. Could have been any of the other weans for instance, but she chose the nonce. It's not a meaningless gesture surely?

If rumours are to be believed, Phil the Greek wasn't even the fiddler's dad.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Arf!

3 hours ago, FWJ said:

:laugh2: oh I reckon it's broke alright!

5rNuDxx.gif

Jambo-Jimbo
23 minutes ago, RobboM said:

The Queen knew exactly what she was doing and was sending a message loud and clear to everyone, that she (at least) supports him and probably wants him to restart his public roles.

Personally I think she's completely mis-read the room here.

The Mighty Thor
35 minutes ago, RobboM said:

the fact that the Daily Nazi has gone into full dodge & deflect mode on it today would suggest it was much more than a meaningless gesture. Mind you, giving a problem millions of pounds to go away is more than a meaningless gesture.

31 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

As long as the queen and her scrounging family lobby the government, they're political, IMO. We should get rid of every last one of them, make sure they can never return (I'm aware of what this entails), and become a republic, with an elected president.

?

A Boy Named Crow
32 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Queen knew exactly what she was doing and was sending a message loud and clear to everyone, that she (at least) supports him and probably wants him to restart his public roles.

Personally I think she's completely mis-read the room here.

Aye, but don't tell her! The more gaffs like this,  the closer we get to being rid of them...

Byyy The Light

I have respect for the Queen.  I think her devotion to duty has been pretty incredible and something that should be acknowledged.

BUT once she joins Philip in the big gold chariot in the sky that should be the end of it.  She's crossed generations and in 2022 there is no room for this any more.  I'm the same age as William and the whole thing is ridiculous if he was ever to become king.  I think that it will all come tumbling down around Charles' substantial lugs.

Here's hoping anyway.

8 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I have respect for the Queen.  I think her devotion to duty has been pretty incredible and something that should be acknowledged.

BUT once she joins Philip in the big gold chariot in the sky that should be the end of it.  She's crossed generations and in 2022 there is no room for this any more.  I'm the same age as William and the whole thing is ridiculous if he was ever to become king.  I think that it will all come tumbling down around Charles' substantial lugs.

Here's hoping anyway.

Quite agree. 

manaliveits105
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh edgy is that from your personal collection ? 
you seem a he protests too much kind of guy - weird