• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In UK Hockey News, Premier Sports have agreed a TV deal with the Elite League and they will show one game per week:

http://www.premiersp...e-coverage.html

In more news, the coverage will be fronted by the excellent Aaron Murphy rather than the ###### that is Dave Simms. :pleasing:

It does sound from the PR that 'Simmsy' will be the local flavour though.

It does sound from the PR that 'Simmsy' will be the local flavour though.

So he'll only really get one game then - Sheffield (though I guess we could stretch it to Coventry as well). If they even get him in to do that at all. A different expert each week will be interesting. Cardiff is a nap to be Brent Pope. The rest are up for grabs I suppose. It'll depend on who is around and who can do it I suppose.

Its certainly a bonus the choob isnt doing the presenting. Having a someone front a show, when at least 75% of the league cant stand them, was pretty poor.

Edited by Chester?

Missed the games last night but pleased to see the Leafs and the Hawks won. Got a good feeling about the Leafs this season.

:spoton:

Edited by hearts151

Missed the games last night but pleased to see the Leafs and the Hawks won. Got a good feeling about the Leafs this season.

The Leafs are off to a good start, thanks to solid goal tending and their attacking forwards. They give up too many shots and have too many turnovers, which are their weaknesses so far.

They're in a very tough division, so will have to work hard to make the playoffs.

In other news:

Emelin signs a 4 year, 16.4m deal with the Habs

Flyers trade Max Talbot to the Avs for Steve Downie (means I can wear my Talbot sweater guilt free again! :lol: )

In other news:

Emelin signs a 4 year, 16.4m deal with the Habs

Flyers trade Max Talbot to the Avs for Steve Downie (means I can wear my Talbot sweater guilt free again! :lol: )

:yas:

Cannot wait for the hero to return.

Time for an Emelin comp.

Surprised the avs got rid of Downie - he'd had a decent start to the season.

Bruins ripping Anaheim a new one in the first period tonight.

1 shot to 5.

WTF.

Considering how well the Ducks have started, I was surprised how flat they were in Montreal.

Philly Fifers classy as ever last night:

Not sure what the ref was thinking as Emery is giving the beatdown to Holtby, who clearly didnt want any part of it.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Don't know if you guys are doing the fight debate but that was outrageous from Emery last night. Fecking Neanderthal. He should be arrested for that.

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Don't know if you guys are doing the fight debate but that was outrageous from Emery last night. Fecking Neanderthal. He should be arrested for that.

I wouldnt go as far to call for his arrest (I've seen a lot worse than that on a hockey rink), but his actions, as with most of the Flyers during this incident, was disgraceful. I can only assume that the ref was waving players away, that were trying to save Holtby, so that a full on bench clearance or even bigger melee didnt ensue.

Shanaban has had his work cut out for him in recent weeks and this will continue with shite like that.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I wouldnt go as far to call for his arrest (I've seen a lot worse than that on a hockey rink), but his actions, as with most of the Flyers during this incident, was disgraceful. I can only assume that the ref was waving players away, that were trying to save Holtby, so that a full on bench clearance or even bigger melee didnt ensue.

Shanaban has had his work cut out for him in recent weeks and this will continue with shite like that.

You're right about seeing worse. Shame that is the reason why it won't go further. Brian Burke the other day saying fighting is necessary for guys to keep each other in line. Not sure what you're achieving by slamming head shots on a guy who wants no part of it just because you're mad at being 7-0 down. Lovely to see the Flyers struggling.

You're right about seeing worse. Shame that is the reason why it won't go further. Brian Burke the other day saying fighting is necessary for guys to keep each other in line. Not sure what you're achieving by slamming head shots on a guy who wants no part of it just because you're mad at being 7-0 down. Lovely to see the Flyers struggling.

Emery has always been a welt so I'm not surprised by any of this.

Did he not fight his own coach in Russia?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Emery has always been a welt so I'm not surprised by any of this.

Did he not fight his own coach in Russia?

During a game! After being pulled.

In some respects, Burke is correct. For all the no fighting brigade say 'well look at Europe and the Olympics', the amount of sneaky stickwork, slashes against wrists and ankles and various other nefarious practices beggars belief at times. But such shenanigans like last night, no fighting fan would condone. Most like a good scrap, but pish like this we dont. My reaction, way earlier in this thread, to the constant brawling at the end of the 11/12 season, between the Caps and Flyers at Murrayfield, is similar. Have a fight and protect your players but needless fighting because you're getting pumped isnt acceptable.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

In some respects, Burke is correct. For all the no fighting brigade say 'well look at Europe and the Olympics', the amount of sneaky stickwork, slashes against wrists and ankles and various other nefarious practices beggars belief at times. But such shenanigans like last night, no fighting fan would condone. Most like a good scrap, but pish like this we dont. My reaction, way earlier in this thread, to the constant brawling at the end of the 11/12 season, between the Caps and Flyers at Murrayfield, is similar. Have a fight and protect your players but needless fighting because you're getting pumped isnt acceptable.

The real problem I had with last night was Holtby's reluctance. If fighters are going to follow some sort code, as Burke was alluding to, then part of that code should be walking away if a player is brave enough to say he doesn't want to fight. Subsequent fines and suspensions should be increased dramatically for attacking somebody who doesn't want to be there.

Also, don't want to sound all Mary Whitehouse :) but watching that is a horrendous message to give young boys about hockey and people who don't like fighting.

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The real problem I had with last night was Holtby's reluctance. If fighters are going to follow some sort code, as Burke was alluding to, then part of that code should be walking away if a player is brave enough to say he doesn't want to fight. Subsequent fines and suspensions should be increased dramatically for attacking somebody who doesn't want to be there.

They should. But as Burke also said, there will always be players who break the code and they need to be dealt with accordingly. Emery broke the code. Goalies (usually) only fight each other when they both decide to go for it (I mind one game v Fife when both goalies got bored so started to pass the puck between themselves :lol: ). Rarely does one attack another like Emery did last night. Shanaban needs to deal with him and his coach. Too often they get away with it.

I'm not sure if anyone has read the book on The Code, but its a great read:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Code-Unwritten-Rules-Fighting-Retaliation/dp/1572437561/ref=la_B001HORNNA_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383393613&sr=1-2

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

They should. But as Burke also said, there will always be players who break the code and they need to be dealt with accordingly. Emery broke the code. Goalies (usually) only fight each other when they both decide to go for it (I mind one game v Fife when both goalies got bored so started to pass the puck between themselves :lol: ). Rarely does one attack another like Emery did last night. Shanaban needs to deal with him and his coach. Too often they get away with it.

I'm not sure if anyone has read the book on The Code, but its a great read:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Code-Unwritten-Rules-Fighting-Retaliation/dp/1572437561/ref=la_B001HORNNA_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383393613&sr=1-2

Never heard of it. Will check it out.

Leafs having a good start to the season, aye?

:pleasing:

:jj:

Shame the habs have been shite the last two games though...

I think we need to make a trade - I'm thinking Pacioretty and a decent draft pick for a scoring power forward.

So Edinburgh lose another two games at the weekend, this time to Braehead and Dundee. Thats 9 games in a row where we've led and lost. :(

I didnt know that the Hockey Gods intervened in that Flyers-Caps game. On top of gettting pumped 7-0, they lost Lecavalier to a broken jaw and Steve Downie to a broken orbital bone. :o

I didnt know that the Hockey Gods intervened in that Flyers-Caps game. On top of gettting pumped 7-0, they lost Lecavalier to a broken jaw and Steve Downie to a broken orbital bone. :o

:yas:

alwaysthereinspirit

Seguin returning tonight. Hope he's not looking for a positive reaction from Bruin fans.

Booooooooooooo ya lazy bar steward.

Seguin returning tonight. Hope he's not looking for a positive reaction from Bruin fans.

No quite so lazy in Dallas with his just better than a point per game average.:whistling:

alwaysthereinspirit

No quite so lazy in Dallas with his just better than a point per game average. :whistling:

Looks like I'll be booing him even louder then. Lazy lucky rich man whore. :2thumbsup:

Will keep an eye on that...but I must watch the habs tonight. Missed the two games at the weekend and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

My flatmate (who's from Philly) asked me for a crash course in hockey last night as her man wants to go to a Flyers game when she takes him home at Christmas :look:

Will keep an eye on that...but I must watch the habs tonight. Missed the two games at the weekend and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

My flatmate (who's from Philly) asked me for a crash course in hockey last night as her man wants to go to a Flyers game when she takes him home at Christmas :look:

Take her to the next Boxing bout at Bethnal Green. That should suffice.:thumbsup:

alwaysthereinspirit

Crash course is what Philly are on right now. Terrible team. The good thing is tickets will be easy to score.

Going to the Bruins game tonight so hoping for some juicy Seguin hitting. He's going to get absolutely pummeled.

My daughter is going to Habs/ Rangers Saturday the 16th.

DESHARNAIS SCRATCHED TONIGHT

Not quite sure what that has to do with the Slovak Olympic Sweaters though..:whistling:

Anywho, will have the Dallas - Bruins game on the telly, with Sens-Coats on the PC, flicking between the latter and the Habs-Blues.:thumbsup:

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic